Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Fulani Herdsmen/Militants Are Not Terrorists, According To Nairalanders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen/Militants Are Not Terrorists, According To Nairalanders (615 Views)

Hamas Are Not Terrorists But Freedom Fighters Says MURIC, Appeals For Cease Fire / Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists / Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen/Militants Are Not Terrorists, According To Nairalanders by whatisthetruth: 4:03pm On Oct 26, 2019
So in a thread about whether or not Nnamdi Kanu should return home to Nigeria, I see so many nairalanders on that thread justifying Fulani herdsmen terrorists.

Below is a pic of a nairalanders comment.

Meanwhile, here is an international headline from 2015:

Global Terrorism Index: Nigerian Fulani militants named as fourth deadliest terror group in world

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/global-terrorism-index-nigerian-fulani-militants-named-as-fourth-deadliest-terror-group-in-world-a6739851.html%3famp

So I guess Nigerians don’t mind being killed by terrorists as long as Nnamdi Kanu is tagged a terrorist?

I’m no fan of his, but this blatant justification of terrorism by nairalanders to absolve herdsmen that have murdered numerous people, just to spite IPOB, is just plain EVIL.

Re: Fulani Herdsmen/Militants Are Not Terrorists, According To Nairalanders by whatisthetruth: 4:08pm On Oct 26, 2019
This is just the first paragraph from the global index Fulani militants terrorism article:

In 2013, the Fulani killed around 80 people in total – but by 2014 the group had killed 1,229.

Imagine, they killed 1,229 people in a single year and have been killing yearly since then, but according to itsmeaboki, those deaths are nothing compared to the terrorists IPOB, who use their microphones to injure people’s ears.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen/Militants Are Not Terrorists, According To Nairalanders by whatisthetruth: 4:13pm On Oct 26, 2019
These are the people that itsmeaboki says are not terrorists, even though they kill in hundreds and thousands.

He is more concerned with terrorists that use only their words.

Re: Fulani Herdsmen/Militants Are Not Terrorists, According To Nairalanders by whatisthetruth: 4:15pm On Oct 26, 2019
sad

Re: Fulani Herdsmen/Militants Are Not Terrorists, According To Nairalanders by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:13pm On Oct 26, 2019
whatisthetruth:
This is just the first paragraph from the global index Fulani militants terrorism article:

Imagine, they killed 1,229 people in a single year and have been killing yearly since then, but according to itsmeaboki, those deaths are nothing compared to the terrorists IPOB, who use their microphones to injure people’s ears.

My friend stop being wilfully ignorant; go and check the definition of terrorists/terrorism - it is not about numbers but the modus operandi and the intent behind it e.g. Adolf Hitler killed millions of Jews; yet no one is calling him a terrorist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen/Militants Are Not Terrorists, According To Nairalanders by princemillla(m): 9:02pm On Oct 26, 2019
ItsMeAboki:

My friend stop being wilfully ignorant; go and check the definition of terrorists/terrorism - it is not about numbers but the modus operandi and the intent behind it e.g. Adolf Hitler killed millions of Jews; yet no one is calling him a terrorist.

Are you glorifying the activities of the killer herdsmen?

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen/Militants Are Not Terrorists, According To Nairalanders by gidgiddy: 9:55pm On Oct 26, 2019
whatisthetruth:
So in a thread about whether or not Nnamdi Kanu should return home to Nigeria, I see so many nairalanders on that thread justifying Fulani herdsmen terrorists.

Below is a pic of a nairalanders comment.

Meanwhile, here is an international headline from 2015:

So I guess Nigerians don’t mind being killed by terrorists as long as Nnamdi Kanu is tagged a terrorist?

I’m no fan of his, but this blatant justification of terrorism by nairalanders to absolve herdsmen that have murdered numerous people, just to spite IPOB, is just plain EVIL.

When IPOB was declared a terrorist group by the government of Buhari in 2017, America, The EU and Ohanaeze all came out to say that IPOB isnt a terrorist organisation. What you would expect intelligent people to ask themselves is why would all these countries and even Ohanaeze say IPOB isnt a terrorist group if they truly were? Does anyone really believe that America or Ohanaeze would shield a terrorist group?

The truth is that Nigerians can be monumental hypocrites. The international definition of a terrorist or terrorist group is a person or group that uses "organised violence" to achieve a political aim

In other words, this group must be actively using and unleashing violence on the people in a bid to actualise their aim.

So the question is, has IPOB used violence to achieve Biafra? Did they go out killing people and destroying properties to get Biafra? Are they armed? The answer to these questions is no! Yes IPOB has had a few violent clashes with security forces but that happens all over the world that civilians groups will occasionally violently clash with with the authorities

The people who say IPOB is a terrorist group base it on utterances and mere words. They will say that Nnamdi Kanu said this, IPOB said that. How can mere talk amount to terrorism?

There are several armed groups in Nigeria that are killing people, destroying property, raping women and kidnapping people. But some people want to believe that the real terrorism are the utterances of IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu

It is all about bias, ignorance and hypocrisy. That's why the armed killer herdsmen who murder thousands of Nigerians yearly will be given Ruga and unarmed IPOB who killed nobody will be branded terrorists

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen/Militants Are Not Terrorists, According To Nairalanders by Emyogalanya: 2:41am On Oct 27, 2019
whatisthetruth:
These are the people that itsmeaboki says are not terrorists, even though they kill in hundreds and thousands.

He is more concerned with terrorists that use only their words.
forgive me , but why does Nigeria map look very much shaped like that of a Cow
Re: Fulani Herdsmen/Militants Are Not Terrorists, According To Nairalanders by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:32am On Oct 27, 2019
princemillla:

Are you glorifying the activities of the killer herdsmen?

Are you really serious or just being mischievous - do you even understand the meaning of the word glorifying before using it?

I'll advise you to refer to the dictionary and then show me how any of my posts could in any way be construed as glorifying the herdsmen.

Pls do not allow your emotions overrule your judgement; neither should you also use words you do not fully understand.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen/Militants Are Not Terrorists, According To Nairalanders by Stalwert: 6:42am On Oct 27, 2019
ItsMeAboki:

Are you really serious or just being mischievous - do you even understand the meaning of the word glorifying before using it?

I'll advise you to refer to the dictionary and then show me how any of my posts could in any way be construed as glorifying the herdsmen.

Pls do not allow your emotions overrule your judgement; neither should you also use words you do not fully understand.

You should ignore these bigots, imagine equating herdsmen and militants as one and the same thing. The thread is not worth it, not after the same scallywags were licking Atiku droppings for energy. They are always shopping for who to hate like it Atiku droppings is no longer enough, just feed them a tenth of their rubbish they will start shouting hypocritically like they have never engaged in their tribalism.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen/Militants Are Not Terrorists, According To Nairalanders by Stalwert: 6:46am On Oct 27, 2019
[s]
gidgiddy:

When IPOB was declared a terrorist group by the government of Buhari in 2017, America, The EU and Ohanaeze all came out to say that IPOB isnt a terrorist organisation. What you would expect intelligent people to ask themselves is why would all these countries and even Ohanaeze say IPOB isnt a terrorist group if they truly were? Does anyone really believe that America or Ohanaeze would shield a terrorist group?

The truth is that Nigerians can be monumental hypocrites. The international definition of a terrorist or terrorist group is a person or group that uses "organised violence" to achieve a political aim

In other words, this group must be actively using and unleashing violence on the people in a bid to actualise their aim.

So the question is, has IPOB used violence to achieve Biafra? Did they go out killing people and destroying properties to get Biafra? Are they armed? The answer to these questions is no! Yes IPOB has had a few violent clashes with security forces but that happens all over the world that civilians groups will occasionally violently clash with with the authorities

The people who say IPOB is a terrorist group base it on utterances and mere words. They will say that Nnamdi Kanu said this, IPOB said that. How can mere talk amount to terrorism?

There are several armed groups in Nigeria that are killing people, destroying property, raping women and kidnapping people. But some people want to believe that the real terrorism are the utterances of IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu

It is all about bias, ignorance and hypocrisy. That's why the armed killer herdsmen who murder thousands of Nigerians yearly will be given Ruga and unarmed IPOB who killed nobody will be branded terrorists
[/s]

The same people who burnt a mosque and started attacking people of Northern extraction and continually threatened pastors and people from other parts of the country are not terrorists? IPOb is terrorism, I know you mental slavery when I see one, always waiting for their white masters to tell their left and right like they are brainless.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen/Militants Are Not Terrorists, According To Nairalanders by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:03am On Oct 27, 2019
Emyogalanya:
forgive me , but why does Nigeria map look very much shaped like that of a Cow

Yes, indeed; just like it coincidentally seems to resemble the shape of your brain.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen/Militants Are Not Terrorists, According To Nairalanders by Turantula(m): 7:51am On Oct 27, 2019
ItsMeAboki:

My muslim terrorist friend, I now understand why your people don't value education.
Savages!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen/Militants Are Not Terrorists, According To Nairalanders by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 27, 2019
You take what these children writes here serious
Re: Fulani Herdsmen/Militants Are Not Terrorists, According To Nairalanders by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:34am On Oct 27, 2019
Stalwert:

You should ignore these bigots, imagine equating herdsmen and militants as one and the same thing. The thread is not worth it, not after the same scallywags were licking Atiku droppings for energy. They are always shopping for who to hate like it Atiku droppings is no longer enough, just feed them a tenth of their rubbish they will start shouting hypocritically like they have never engaged in their tribalism.

A lie repeated many times, if unchallenged may eventually be assumed as truth.
It is some times quite worthy to take them on in order to disprove their false narrative and give them back a taste of their own medicine.
Recall how they hypocritically exploited the isolated case of elopement between Ese Oruro and (a northern boy) Yunusa; and turned it into a national media frenzy of condemnation that went far beyond the culprit himself (Yunusa) but extended to all in his entire region, tribe and religion.
Today, they are ironically trying to defend their own folks for doing far worse, without any shame; while our biased media that willingly colluded with them then is now curiously less interested.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen/Militants Are Not Terrorists, According To Nairalanders by MoIbrahim: 8:48am On Oct 27, 2019
Kanu should just come and pay last respect to Mama

(1) (Reply)

Bayelsa Election: Goodluck Jonathan Casts His Vote(photos) / PHOTO :people Reacts As Atiku Felicitate With Bukola Saraki As He Turned New Age / Exclusive: Boko Haram Defeated Prior To 2015 But Buhari Terminated Our Contract

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.