Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. (2709 Views)

How I Scammed A Scammer Of Fifty Thousand Naira #50,000 (50k). / End Sars Rate Of Crime Has Increase. / Man Wanted For A Crime Has Been Arrested After Loud Fart Exposed His Hiding Spot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by Ekaeke: 4:14pm On Oct 26, 2019
[color=#000099][/color]A friend (Rita) who works with one of the network providers chatted me up three weeks ago asking me if I would be interested in marrying someone who is upto 50yrs and I told her he's too old for me She said he was married to a white woman but being the Nigerian man he is he wants a Nigerian wife,I declined and offered to tell a cousin of mine(Sandra) who is in her early 40s,I did a screenshot of my chat with Rita and sent to her so she can read and decide.I asked Rita what the man does for a living,she said he's a top person at a private construction firm and he's igbo.So I sent the chat to Sandra and she said I should give Rita her number so they can talk.
Rita and Sandra my cousin talked about it and Sandra agreed to meet Rita and the man,they both came to where Sandra works and the man said he likes her and the fact that she's matured that he doesn't want someone in her 20's.Sandra and I were a bit skeptical about the whole thing but being that we've been praying for years begging God to give Sandra a husband,we thought maybe God was finally doing something for her.
The man immediately got her a ring and started addressing her as his wife,he came to my house and met with my aunt because Sandra lives with us, afterwards he proceeded to Sandra's village to meet her parents and it was happening all too fast and I told Sandra to pray about it all.
One week later on a Sunday precisely,I got a call from Rita and she told me that there would be an interview the next day because the man's company wants to recruit and I've telling everyone I need a new job because I was sick of where I was,I was the manager and my salary was 30k as a manager.I asked Rita what the job was about and she said protocol and I didn't understand exactly what that meant,she said I should call Sandra so I can speak to the man directly and he would explain,I did as I was told but the man was a bit angry and said why was I asking him,if it's because I had access to him what of the rest people that don't have access to him,if I can't come I shouldn't worry.
I was scared but I encouraged myself and went for the interview which was held in the conference room of a big hotel,the man came with a lawyer and his secretary and after the interview he said he was impressed with my performance and he would make sure I got the job and I was beyond excited when he told me I would be earning 150k.
He told us the name of the company was geoplex technology and drilling LTD with their head office in Lagos,he said they were looking for protocol staffs and it would be a contract job for two years.Two Fidelity Bank staffs came with their forms for account opening and we filled the forms,the man said it's their company bank and we were all excited.
He told me that my place of work won't allow me reach my full potential and I was excited because my inlaw to be was getting me a job.
He told us we go be having a three day safety training and we would be issued certificates after the training,I knew my boss won't give me three days off so I resigned but I was a bit skeptical I kept saying until I earn my first salary this whole thing won't sink in, everyone was happy for me and they organized a small party for me before I left.
The man later told us the training has been shifted to the following week because they didn't inform the trainer on time and he comes from Ghana, meanwhile he told us to go scout for good hotels with security because his fellow engineers would be coming from Abuja and would need good hotels to stay in while the job is going on.He said they bought the job from setraco,that they would be dualizing Agbor to Warri road from from November till January that would travel for the Christmas break n come back.
His relationship with my cousin was already growing and I kept asking her if she was ready for it because it was happening too fast,she said yes.Myself and one of the girls that aced the interview got good deals from three hotels and they prepared their proformas and submitted and he signed,he told us he would take all the proformas and send to his company for accreditation before the company would send the money to the hotels.
That same week he moved into a new hotel which was finer than where he was and he held a another interview, this time FCMB came to do the account opening thing,the bankers even brought their candidates for the job.He had all engineering/construction materials in his room from helmet to safety boots and life jacket etc.
The man said he wants me to be his secretary and I accepted,he picked two girls from the interview wgo studied food science technology and told them to go and inspect the kitchen of a caterer that was supposed to cook for them for the period they would stay and this happened on a Friday.
On Saturday I got a call from the hotel manager and she told me the man was owing for Friday and Saturday,I called him and he said it's true and that's because he's out of cash because he's been using his money to finance all that has been happening and he wasn't owing the old hotel he moved from,he asked me to beg the manager to exercise patience till Wednesday I told him that she refused and he asked if I could help and I told him to tell my cousin besides she's going to be his wife and he said he didn't want to tell her because of his pride.
I ended the call and called my cousin immediately and told her,I also called Rita and she said I shouldn't give him any money I told her he didn't exactly ask me for money that it was the hotel that called me because I was supposedly his secretary.
That Saturday he dropped my cousin off at home and told her he would pick her up in the evening,I talked to my cousin about going to his house in Abuja because he claimed he lives there and Rita said that's where she met him,I td her I wasn't comfortable with the hotel life and she said he told her they would go to Abuja when his colleagues come.I told my cousin that I would hate for the hotel to embarrass them for owing and I can only help with an amount I can forfeit because it's not like I have received salary and the man hasn't exactly done anything for me.
I told her I would send 20k to the hotel and she told me to make it 40k because she doesn't do mobile transfer but she will transfer it via ATM on Monday and I agreed and didn't suspect a thing because the man never asked me to send to him and I did it for my cousin just so I can help her with this whole marriage thing and I told her to make sure she gets my money from him.I sent it directly to the hotel and that covered the bill for two days.I told the hotel to meet him so he can sort himself out besides I wasn't staying there with him.
He told me to call all the people that passed the interview so they would bring their passports for ID cards so they can do the training.
I did as I was instructed,I took it to a company to do the ID cards,he said I should do one as a sample first and bring to him,on Sunday he picked my cousin up and they went to church and afterwards went to visit her dad,when they came back he told me he had fixed the date for introduction and it would be the next Sunday,I was skeptical because it was too fast so I told him we needed to talk when I come on Monday because I knew she doesn't know his house or his village and he didn't exactly give her money to prepare for anything and it seemed like she wasn't asking questions although I asked her and she said he told her he would take her to his village before the introduction on Sunday but I told her one week was too short to do all that and still visit his house in Abuja,she called a so called prophet that she knows and he told her not to worry that the man is genuine and godsent but he's only issue was the fact that he was disorganized and that my cousin was sent to help him manage his life lol(awon godsent)smh.
He avoided me on Monday and Tuesday but sent me on errands over the phone but I didn't see him and at the time I didn't know he was avoiding me,after the errand he sent me on Tuesday I went to the market and saw his driver there,I asked what he was doing there and the driver said he brought oga to the market four hours ago and he was nowhere to be found.
I didn't have any fear at the time,I was concerned about his health cos he claimed he was asthmatic and was always going for checkups at a big hospital in Asaba here,so I called my cousin and told her she rushed to the market and I went home.
Much later I called and they said they haven't seen him,I asked the driver if he took anything n he said only one nylon bag and he said he was going to give it to someone in the market.I went back and we looked around for him and even went to the hospital and he wasn't there,I called the hotel and they said he wasn't there so we all went back to the hotel and that was when I started hearing that he collected money from a lot of people and that the car wasn't his,that was when it dawned on me that he absconded.
When we got home my cousin opened up to me that she gave him 150k which was all the money she had and I was so mad,she gave him the money on Friday and it was on Saturday that I told her the hotel called me,I asked why she didn't tell me she gave him money and why she didn't ask herself why he didn't pay for their hotel bill after she gave him money,his plan was for me to clear the bill till Wednesday when he said he would receive money from the company but I didn't and I and my cousin cleared only Friday and Saturday,the hotel said he paid for Sunday and Monday before he disappeared on Tuesday.I was so mad at my cousin because I did it for her because she was staying there with him.The hotel refused to give her her things till after 48hours because they said they wanted to give the man the benefit of the doubt incase he comes back,they insisted she would pay for two days which was 36k and she had no money,I paid the hotel so she can carry her things from the room.The man ditched his both lines and tore the IMEI number of the phone that Rita collected from her office on credit and gave to him,I also found out that the construction materials in his room were bought by Rita's husband because he told him he would supply them the materials but he should buy samples first.
He had a caterer that was cooking for him and he didn't pay her and the woman kept quiet because she was expecting a three month contract from the company,when I found out it was a scam I was so hurt because I already resigned from my job and my cousin was fired from hers the week she met him but that didn't have anything to do with him though,her company dropped some staffs and and she was affected but she didn't worry because she was supposedly getting married,she even made a dress for the introduction on Sunday but the man disappeared on Tuesday.Rita lost her five month old pregnancy from the shock .

4 Likes

Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by pweetyoge(f): 4:47pm On Oct 26, 2019
Wooow
I am speechless ooo
See scam on a higher level..hmmm marriage scam...wawuuuuu

4 Likes

Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by Chepos1(m): 5:17pm On Oct 26, 2019
What a coordinated scam! shocked
Even angels will fall for this scam FLAT.
This man need to be traced down ASAP before more victims fall for him.

10 Likes

Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by fergieboy: 6:31pm On Oct 26, 2019
Jeez

Had to take my time to read all this

Mehn their is no body that won't fall for this sc

But to what end

The money he scammed wasn't worth all the stress and protocols

This man could have scammed money running into million Cox it's looks so condinated

I guess when he found out he couldn't collect much from you guys he disappeared

Lalasticlala see better gist

2 Likes

Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by 1x2x3: 9:03pm On Oct 26, 2019
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun

Abeg this is a high level scam and should be moved to the front page.
Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by 1x2x3: 9:20pm On Oct 26, 2019
Chepos1:

Sounds like he has been in the game for long to be so coordinated. He needs to be apprehended ASAP.

2 Likes

Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by Kendumazy(m): 10:24pm On Oct 26, 2019
Mheen!
Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by Sunofgod(m): 10:32pm On Oct 26, 2019
Na mugu!
Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by fatymore(f): 10:35pm On Oct 26, 2019
Wawu...

Twitter would be more efficient for stuff like this.

His children or family might be there
Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by Ojiofor: 11:18pm On Oct 26, 2019
Thank God if the man didn't give your cousin STD.Life na school.
Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by Ekaeke: 5:44am On Oct 27, 2019
fatymore:
Wawu...

Twitter would be more efficient for stuff like this.

His children or family might be there

I don't have much followers on Twitter so I know the story won't fly,tried to get a blogger to post and they almost insulted and were asking for proof,if I had told them I had gossip about a celebrity dem go rush come sharp sharp.

1 Like

Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by Ekaeke: 5:45am On Oct 27, 2019
1x2x3:

Sounds like he has been in the game for long to be so coordinated. He needs to be apprehended ASAP.

He has been doing this for quite some time because he knows too much,I even suspect he might have been with s construction company at point.
Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by Ekaeke: 5:48am On Oct 27, 2019
1x2x3:
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun

Abeg this is a high level scam and should be moved to the front page.
Please if there's a way to do please let me know cos I just joined nairaland to post the story,bloggers weren't listening to me and I was scared because many of us don't like reading lengthy posts like this and that's the only way people can get the full story.
Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by Ekaeke: 5:50am On Oct 27, 2019
fergieboy:
Jeez

Had to take my time to read all this

Mehn their is no body that won't fall for this sc

But to what end

The money he scammed wasn't worth all the stress and protocols

This man could have scammed money running into million Cox it's looks so condinated

I guess when he found out he couldn't collect much from you guys he disappeared

Lalasticlala see better gist

I feel there's a bigger picture which we don't know about because the money he collected from the people I know wasn't so much,I think he was doing all that to get something bigger,they even went as far as going to department of petroleum resources in awka,he told them he needed to collect a permit for the project.
Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by Ekaeke: 5:51am On Oct 27, 2019
Chepos1:
I'm telling,I wasn't suspicious because he didn't ask me or the other people that came for the interview for money,his interview they even served us malt and meat pie.���

1 Like

Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by meezynetwork(m): 6:07am On Oct 27, 2019
He enjoyed ur cousin free of charge na

1 Like

Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by tillaman(m): 9:24am On Oct 27, 2019
I had to take my time to read the story and it was worthwhile
Anybody can fall for this scam it’s such a coordinated scam but the sad thing is you lost your job!! I hope you get a good job soon, I hope your cousin gets better too
Being a scammer has no age limitation

The man NOSE tomorrow
Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 27, 2019
wow.
Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by JubrinElSudan: 2:44pm On Oct 27, 2019
Initially I thought it was all these threads that one will be directed to a link to click, I had to go down first to see if I will see any link. The man looks like my former land lord in Warri, but my Land lord is Isoko and works offshore. I would have said Rita was a part of the scam but you said she lost her pregnancy, you lost your job, Sandra lost almost everything plus the botched introduction. Kai!!!!!! cry cry

#150k is small for this kind of scam, unless there were others you weren't aware of

1 Like

Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by Ekaeke: 6:16pm On Oct 27, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
Initially I thought it was all these threads that one will be directed to a link to click, I had to go down first to see if I will see any link. The man looks like my former land lord in Warri, but my Land lord is Isoko and works offshore. I would have said Rita was a part of the scam but you said she lost her pregnancy, you lost your job, Sandra lost almost everything plus the botched introduction. Kai!!!!!! cry cry

#150k is small for this kind of scam, unless there were others you weren't aware of

I think there's a bigger picture that we aren't aware of.
Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by Elagancy: 10:08pm On Oct 27, 2019
pls ekaeke, can we at least have a name to dis scammer you said at de hotel you heard he was owing ppl money, do you kno a lil of dem? he went national as far as awka, for wat purpose? help our investigation pls
Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by Ekaeke: 10:25pm On Oct 27, 2019
Elagancy:
pls ekaeke, can we at least have a name to dis scammer
you said at de hotel you heard he was owing ppl money, do you kno a lil of dem?
he went national as far as awka, for wat purpose?
help our investigation pls

He told us his name is Engr Michael Ibe Okam from Abia state and I know that's a lie,all the people that gave him money brought cash and I figured that was so they won't get his real name,my cousin gave him cash too.The contractor that Rita's husband brought he told the contractor that he would be the one to supply them sand and made up some lie and the man gave him 300k plus.His secretary and one of the other girl he took to Awka said he went to DPR(department of petroleum resources)in Awka.He gave the same story about a contract and they want to build a big petrol station and he needs to know their charges for the license and what it will take.They told him everything is supposed to be online and he doesn't exactly have to come to the office.
Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by Elagancy: 10:29pm On Oct 27, 2019
his secretary? how long has de secretary been wit him. and where did Rita meet him.

1 Like

Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by Ekaeke: 10:49pm On Oct 27, 2019
Elagancy:
his secretary? how long has de secretary been wit him. and where did Rita meet him.

His secretary is Rita's cousin and she worked with him for two weeks,I came into the picture the third week and she gradually pulled out and I never understood why she did,when he bolted was when she said her pastor told her he's not genuine so she pulled out and tried to talk sense into Rita and they had a nasty quarrel about it.She said the man was giving out her email address and phone number and telling the people they met to contact her and she wasn't comfortable and that was why she talked to her pastor.
Rita suddenly said she met in Asaba but initially she said she has known him for years from Abuja,Rita is one of those people that lies a lot,over exaggerates things,over hypes and blows things out of proportion.She went from saying she knows him so well to saying she knows him as a customer,her husband was so mad when I told him she said she knows him well and he was like from where,the man told her husband he would supply them work tools helmets,boots etc and told him to buy samples and he bought everything was about 176k with the hope of getting the contract to supply and those things are still in the hotel.

1 Like

Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by Elagancy: 11:25pm On Oct 27, 2019
you guys may be arrested sooner or later wit ur infos daz been given in connection wen de bigger scam plays out. who owns de car at de market?
Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by Amarallllll(m): 12:33am On Oct 28, 2019
Romance scam one of the oldest scams........ If not for ur cousin's blind love that man can not scam you and ur cousin
Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by CanadaOrBust: 2:29am On Oct 28, 2019
Reminds me that 9ja is full of scammers. May I remember to always be alert.
This seems like info gathering scam. He’d use all the info gathered for something bigger
Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by Hedonisco: 2:54am On Oct 28, 2019
Women easily fall for these rubbish scams and it beats me.
Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by Born2Breed(f): 3:04am On Oct 28, 2019
Na wah
Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by Jabioro: 4:43am On Oct 28, 2019
Bet it with me,he can not escape for too long.He disengaged many,take away their mini way of surviving, joy and nano life.We can't leave him for his to punish but the humanity race do more damages to him nature..The fund from your consin,was transferred to his account?the phone line can be crack even though he no longer use it..
Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by Ekaeke: 6:32am On Oct 28, 2019
Elagancy:
you guys may be arrested sooner or later wit ur infos daz been given in connection wen de bigger scam plays out. who owns de car at de market?

The contractor that Rita's husband brought gave him the car and brought the driver,the driver said the man asked him for money but he told the man that he didn't have money.I told his former secretary to tell everyone that calls her asking for the man that he's a scam because that was what I did because if she keeps dodging them it would look like she's in on the whole thing.The bankers called me,the people that came for the interview that he asked me to call to bring their passports also called to find out why they weren't called for the training,I told them the truth even the bankers so they stopped calling.
Re: Who knows this elderly scammer of a man?Grandpa proved crime has no age limit. by Ekaeke: 6:44am On Oct 28, 2019
Jabioro:
Bet it with me,he can not escape for too long.He disengaged many,take away their mini way of surviving, joy and nano life.We can't leave him for his to punish but the humanity race do more damages to him nature..The fund from your consin,was transferred to his account?the phone line can be crack even though he no longer use it..

She said he told her to give him cash and told her some story about why he doesn't use ATM.The contractor gave him cash too.I figured he did that so they won't know his real name.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Weapons Recovered From Suspected Cultists Arrested In Delta Poly (photos) / Blasphemy: "He Asked A Suya Seller To Close His Shop At Night" - Eye Witness Rev / UPDATE On Crossdresser Who Joins Church Choir As A Female, People Reacts (INSIDE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.