Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,846 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: (73896 Views)

How Do You Save Your Father's Number In Your Phone? / My Wife Betrayed & Left Me And Got Pregnant For Another Man While I Was In Jail / Igbo Lady Tells Her Father About Her Yoruba Boyfriend & Got This Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by TheExecutioner: 5:41pm On Oct 26, 2019
"Hi sweetheart, I am not your father, but I have been getting all your messages for the past 4 years," replied Brad, a man who lost his daughter in 2014.

23-year-old Chastity Patterson of Newport, Arkansas, lost her father four years ago. She'd been keeping his memory alive through texting his number each night, updating him on the ins and outs of her day, hoping he was listening.

On Thursday, October 25, the day before the fourth anniversary of her father's death, she recounted her year.

"Hey Dad it's ME," Chastity said."Tomorrow is going to be a tough day again."

She talked about how she beat cancer and how she hadn't gotten sick since her father's passing."I promised you I would take better care of myself!"She recapped how she graduated college with honors, fell in love and got her heartbroken, but she made it through a stronger woman.

This year, she got a reply.

"Hi sweetheart, I am not your father, but I have been getting all your messages for the past 4 years,"the message read.

He introduced himself as Brad and told Chastity how he lost his daughter in a car wreck in 2014."Your messages have kept me alive."

"I'm sorry you lost someone so close to you, but I have listened to you over the years," Brad continued.

"You are an extraordinary woman and I wish my daughter would have become the woman you are."
Chastity posted the conversation to Facebook, her caption saying she can now let her father rest.

The post has over 100,000 shares and counting.

[img]https://images./19RaNK0N9EUqLOhuGR0mZR.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./4sQkArfBf3cXLInrqh9zz7.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./7bVZZfbmu01gehjZyf0M6o.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./7J15J5lk4NfZ6A0zVv3ELx.jpg[/img]

https://www.thv11.com/mobile/article/life/heartwarming/she-texted-her-fathers-number-on-the-fourth-anniversary-of-his-death/91-41554786-0baa-4a3d-a281-fcecabeafad4

2 Likes

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by sweetonugbu: 6:10pm On Oct 26, 2019
Some white people are olodo,some coconut heads has been spamming my mentions,please the person I referred as olodo is Sharon pretzel Wagner whose comment is ,"how beautiful Wow,i am in tears HEAVEN IS REAL" what has heaven got to do with the topic?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by johnkay1(m): 6:13pm On Oct 26, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 26, 2019
sweetonugbu:
Some white people are olodo
its not that they are olodo, blame it on their society or should I say their environment, culture and mentality.
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by simonlee(m): 6:39pm On Oct 26, 2019
If na me receive reply from my dead papa number... before i even read the text,i don japa! cheesy cheesy

271 Likes 11 Shares

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by sweetonugbu: 7:16pm On Oct 26, 2019
We're talking about text message and one is telling us that heaven is real,can you imagine

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by PrincessB1(f): 7:26pm On Oct 26, 2019
simonlee:
If na me receive reply from my dead papa number... before i even read the text,i don japa! cheesy cheesy
cheesy grin grin

122 Likes 6 Shares

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by 9jaBloke: 7:27pm On Oct 26, 2019
They should meet

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by ukaface(f): 7:30pm On Oct 26, 2019
sweetonugbu:
We're talking about text message and one is telling us that heaven is real,can you imagine
LMAO
Who knows maybe them don dey use phone for heaven
Don't mind that person

9 Likes

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by sweetonugbu: 7:32pm On Oct 26, 2019
ukaface:
LMAO
Who knows maybe them don dey use phone for heaven
Don't mind that person
I tire o

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by leofab(f): 8:19pm On Oct 26, 2019
Just like Mtn they have reallocated their sim number

46 Likes

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by Bulletproof: 8:49pm On Oct 26, 2019
Wow
Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by judgementyard(m): 9:19pm On Oct 26, 2019
simonlee:
As cartoon characters dey take run grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by ThreeEyedRaven: 9:26pm On Oct 26, 2019
This is so touching cry
... I think they should adopt eachother smiley

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by ursullalinda(f): 10:10pm On Oct 26, 2019
simonlee:

Hahaha abi oh

4 Likes

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by EkunKekere: 10:12pm On Oct 26, 2019
Sigh. From reading all the comments above, it is clear that there are a lot of dummies on this forum and the meaning of this touching story is completely lost on them.

150 Likes 7 Shares

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by Marvin5995: 10:55pm On Oct 26, 2019
EkunKekere:
Sigh. From reading all the comments above, it is clear that there are a lot of dummies on this forum and the meaning of this touching story is completely lost on them.
And what is this one saying?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by Emaax77(m): 11:12pm On Oct 26, 2019
simonlee:
hahahaha... the shock ehn..

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by Oluwatosean(m): 1:43am On Oct 27, 2019
This is actually touching..
I love the sincerity of the whites..

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by Nobody: 1:56am On Oct 27, 2019
Very touching.
To be fatherless is like walking without an umbrella and like to live in a house without a roof.
I feel for her, I've been there, still there and still feeling the loss of Colonel.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by iammo(m): 5:08am On Oct 27, 2019
simonlee:

grin grin

why you go text your late dad if you no expect reply, after inheriting all his money and properties you are now japaing when his ghost wants to say hello

14 Likes

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by ATTemi: 6:17am On Oct 27, 2019
Don’t mind those vagabonds!
sweetonugbu:

3 Likes

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by Kingluqman(m): 8:55am On Oct 27, 2019
grin grin

1 Like

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by midolian(m): 11:30am On Oct 27, 2019
Network providers must have given her dad's number to another man in a similar blue situation as she is.

Ask Etisalat!

1 Like

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by moderatedguy: 11:40am On Oct 27, 2019
sweetonugbu:
Can you disprove it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: by Proffdada: 11:45am On Oct 27, 2019
She's expecting her message to get to afterlife? shocked
But chastity is African American na
Who are those saying she's white?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

8 Nigerian Wives Who Are Stronger Than Their Husbands (Pics). / My Neighbor Has Been Cheating On Her Husband With A Bike Man / Funny And Cute Wedding Vows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.