Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Worker's Strike And Its Effect On The Growth Of The Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Worker's Strike And Its Effect On The Growth Of The Nigeria (3218 Views)

NNPC Worker's Strike Has Been Suspended / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) / Breaking News Fg To Sack All Civil Servants (cos of strike and protest) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worker's Strike And Its Effect On The Growth Of The Nigeria by doctorT(m): 7:34am On Nov 12, 2010
Is industrial action (STRIKE) the best answer to worker's compensation issue in Nigeria?. STRIKE has always been a constant approach to salary/wages issues. Though some said the government should learn to respect dialogue and promises made to workers but going on strike always is it the best way? or is it more of selfish opinions on the part of the workers?
Re: Worker's Strike And Its Effect On The Growth Of The Nigeria by ishit4body(f): 8:50am On Nov 12, 2010
Strike action is a tool in the hands of workers worldwide- not only in Nigeria, man/.
Re: Worker's Strike And Its Effect On The Growth Of The Nigeria by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 12, 2010
If the NLC struck for a week, you can bet the naira will appreciate against the dollar since we will still be exporting oil but importing almost nothing.

I believe a 3 week strike will be healthy for our naira. grin
Re: Worker's Strike And Its Effect On The Growth Of The Nigeria by doctorT(m): 9:24am On Nov 12, 2010
ishit4body:

Strike action is a tool in the hands of workers worldwide- not only in Nigeria, man/.

I know this very well but the point is the cost of the strike usually outweighs the non-payment of the increase in pay. When strike become means of depriving people of their opportunities, sick people losing their lives because their is no doctor, 4 years course turning to 6 years just in the name of strike then what do we call that?? What other means can workers fight for their right without strike that will paralyse everything is my major point here.
Re: Worker's Strike And Its Effect On The Growth Of The Nigeria by ishit4body(f): 9:25am On Nov 12, 2010
doctorT:

I know this very well but the point is the cost of the strike usually outweighs the non-payment of the increase in pay. When strike become means of depriving people of their opportunities, sick people losing their lives because their is no doctor, 4 years course turning to 6 years just in the name of strike then what do we call that?? What other means can workers fight for their right without strike that will paralyse everything is my major point here.

thats the problem, when they stay at home, they impregnate their wives and the problem continues- no solution.
Re: Worker's Strike And Its Effect On The Growth Of The Nigeria by gozzilla(m): 9:29am On Nov 12, 2010
It this a verified research?.

(1) (Reply)

NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles / Obasanjo’s Open Apology Letter To Nigerians By Segun Dada / Breaking: Boko Haram Invades Nafada In Gombe State,sacks Police Station 04/11/14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.