Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! (2332 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Warns Members About Sister Linda's Message Of Hell / The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach / Help With The Name Of This Gospel Artist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by InesQor(m): 8:52am On Nov 12, 2010
This thread was created to discuss the following:

nuclearboy:

@Inesqor:

I've been waiting for Viaro to come back before asking this but my patience is waning.

"Origin of Sin", "Inerrancy of the Bible", "Trinity" etc all seem to be much the same TO ME as discussing "freedom of the press". They remain semantics.

The issue is what exactly is the "message" of the scripture, the "meat" of the Gospel. what exactly is the Gospel itself and what were you/I/the "Sons of God" created for?

I have some weird theories which I'll defend with my life and today, I shared them for the first time ever with a much loved member of this forum though not on the forum but private mail.

Whats your take on the above?

nuclearboy:

@Inesqor: Lets create a new thread for it. Please would you do the honors and create it? I'm behind you.

I think NL is about to get the shock of its existence and many "christians" a wake up call

e36991:

@nuclearboy

Incidentally I actually have a plausible conjecture on this too (i.e. . . . what were you/I/the "Sons of God" created for?)

Used to be baffled over it (i.e. the "What were we created for and Why?"wink

Single verse in the bible made the penny drop

Alright, let the ball roll!!! smiley

@e36991 and @nuclearboy and OTHERS we await your views on this. Meanwhile, I will start off with mine smiley
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by InesQor(m): 9:15am On Nov 12, 2010
My views on the topic sound so simple but I believe its import is often misunderstood. This misunderstanding is why the church is the way it is today and many things have lost their meaning; while irrelevancies like the "get rich quick gospel" and other-such have overridden the scene.

I will try to narrow it down as much as I can, but it's extensive in my mind.

Eph 1:18  The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

2Co 3:18  But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

What is this inheritance of God in us? What does he gain by having us become saints? (the HOPE of his calling?)

As Sons of God we became representatives of God in this domain. We are icons pointing right back to God. The "same image" in 2 Cor 3:18 is translated "eikon" or "icon". We are "shortcuts" leading back to God via our thankful lifestyles.

Now I am getting ahead of myself.

This summarizes my views on the core of the Gospel: HOW God wants us to live.

1Th 5:14  Our counsel is that you warn the freeloaders to get a move on. Gently encourage the stragglers, and reach out for the exhausted, pulling them to their feet. Be patient with each person, attentive to individual needs.
1Th 5:15  And be careful that when you get on each other's nerves you don't snap at each other. Look for the best in each other, and always do your best to bring it out.
1Th 5:16  Be cheerful no matter what;
1Th 5:17  pray all the time;
1Th 5:18  thank God no matter what happens. [size=16pt]This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live[/size].

So why do we exist? What is the Divine Design for our lives?

Not to grovel at God's feet (say, in order to gain things from him; like someone said on this thread's parent-thread) but rather, instead, to COMPLEMENT and encourage (in all respects of that word) other human beings using our experiences and make everyone aware of God's undeniable love for them.

We exist to "give thanks".

But before the nay-sayers groan, what does it mean to give thanks?

"Give thanks" is Strong's G2168 (εὐχαριστέω, eucharisteō) which derives from Strong's G2170 (εὐχάριστος, eucharistos) i.e. the well favored one who is by implication, grateful. The latter derives from G2095 (eu) meaning "good & well done" and G5483 (χαρίζομαι , charizomai) meaning "grant as a favour, gratuitously, in kindness, pardon or rescue; deliver, frankly forgive, freely give, grant". Charizomai is the middle voice of Strong's G5485 (χάρις, charis) which means "graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude): - acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace (-ious), joy liberality, pleasure, thank (-s, -worthy)."

From the above, giving thanks is an entire life. And it is the expressed life of the Christian, having received liberty and grace. It is way beyond fanaticism and religion.

Giving thanks is not just mouthing the words or expressing devotion to God while your life sings another tune.

[size=14pt]It means to live in such a way that you diffuse grace, favour, joy, liberty, peace, love, kindness, and inspire in others a reflection of God's favourable impact upon your life.[/size]

This thankful life is what Jesus analogized using light as a physical-domain example of God The Light.

Mat 5:14  You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.
Mat 5:15  Nor do men light a lamp and put it under a peck measure, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all in the house.
Mat 5:16  Let your light so shine before men that they may see your moral excellence and your praiseworthy, noble, and good deeds and recognize and honor and praise and glorify your Father Who is in heaven.

[size=15pt]It means to live like an irrepressible joyful, huge rubber ball. No matter how things press you, you bounce back with a warm smile and a pleasant feel.[/size]

In all things, give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Giving thanks ENVELOPES and extends to loving God and loving your neighbour. If you are a true thanker, you are necessarily also a lover as well.

Giving Thanks. It is no coincidence that it's called the Gospel: "Good News".

More on this life of thanks later. Let's hear other views smiley
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by gozzilla(m): 10:02am On Nov 12, 2010
In one sentence:

THE LOVE OF THE FATHER.
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by e36991: 10:50am On Nov 12, 2010
InesQor:

This thread was created to discuss the following:

nuclearboy:

@Inesqor:

I've been waiting for Viaro to come back before asking this but my patience is waning.

"Origin of Sin", "Inerrancy of the Bible", "Trinity" etc all seem to be much the same TO ME as discussing "freedom of the press". They remain semantics.

The issue is what exactly is the "message" of the scripture, the "meat" of the Gospel.

What exactly is the Gospel itself and what were you/I/the "Sons of God" created for?

I have some weird theories which I'll defend with my life

and today, I shared them for the first time ever with a much loved member of this forum though not on the forum but private mail.

Whats your take on the above?

nuclearboy:

Lets create a new thread for it. Please would you do the honors and create it? I'm behind you.

I think NL is about to get the shock of its existence and many "christians" a wake up call

e36991:

@nuclearboy

Incidentally I actually have a plausible conjecture on this too (i.e. . . . what were you/I/the "Sons of God" created for?)

Used to be baffled over it (i.e. the "What were we created for and Why?"wink

Single verse in the bible made the penny drop

InesQor:

Alright, let the ball roll!!! smiley

. . .  await your views on this. Meanwhile, I will start off with mine smiley

@InesQor & nuclearboy

. . . respects to both of ya

Yall know yall been blessed for your labour of love

The message, core or meat of the gospel to me, is self explanatory

I believe the gospel ties with the "What were we created for"

but the Why, my main concern, in a bodacious way seems to tie in with something else (i.e. a key event that created a vacuum and need)

Lets do some analytical explorations and verify the mind of God concerning the product - MAN

1) What is man created for? >> Easy, self explanatory

2) Why is man to be created? >> Not that easy or self explanatory. Its more than: "Have Dominion" "to love God" "The love of the Father" etc

3) Where is man to be created? >> Easy, self explanatory

4) How is man to be created? >> Easy, self explanatory

Good place for a pause, here.
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by aletheia(m): 5:03pm On Nov 12, 2010
. . .will be back.
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by InesQor(m): 6:06pm On Nov 12, 2010
smiley ok.

Still expecting nuclearboy. . .
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by Image123(m): 7:19pm On Nov 12, 2010
I'm not in the detailmode, am i ever really? We are sons of God to show forth God's glory(that's a whole lot of showing). We show God, show men, show angels and a cloud of witnesses, and we show the devil the way.
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by nuclearboy(m): 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2010
LIFE is not about gist; it is not about excitement. It is not about making money and leaving trillions to generations yet unborn who MIGHT not even get born. It is not saying "I love Jesus and attend every service in 15 churches" or "I love Muhammad and perform my 5 prayers right". It is the FRUIT you produce. Going to church, noise-making, dancing etc are distractions when we come to brass tacks. Why go dance in church? Isn't Sunny Ade's music or Michael Jackson's better PLUS more professionally performed?

Over and over, I seem angry and insultive on Nairaland - as it were, "an equal opportunity insulter". It is because of the holes I see in people especially those i feel ought know better. Their "vapidness" or ought I say "shallowness". Let me explain - Both major religions believe in one God. Both have precepts, styles, dogma etc. But we mainly miss the beauty of reality whist explaining the bible particularly as insisting all we need do is pray, worship and dance. We believe in the FIRST MAN Adam. But what was Adam's role on earth i.e. what was he created for? what were his job functions? What was he supposed to do? Suprisingly, most belief systems find their roots also in a "Adam" type of start. But as I ask above, what was Adam's God-given task? Why was He to be "as" a God? This is the confusion that our business pastors have found their own explanation for because they miss the beauty of the scripture.

Simply put, Adam was told to "tend" the garden, to be its "solutions provider"! Lets say a plant needed manure. He was to supply it. Lets say a lion cub was abandoned by its mother - he was to bring it back to her. Lets say there was too much water flowing in one direction (flooding) and not enough in another (paucity), he was to re-channel the water so each/both had enough supply rather than imbalance. He was to be to the Garden as God was to man.

He was to be an answer to prayer to all the things that were under his domain. Christ is called the second Adam. Christ did the exact same whist on earth. The Bible says He went around doing "good", REPAIRING or "undoing the works of the evil one" whose chosen task is to "steal, kill, destroy". He was "another solutions provider". Read Isaiah 61 - its insane just how His task was to be that and nothing else. "The Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor, to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim liberty for the captives, and release from darkness for the prisoners, , , etc etc".

Look at the work Christ left to His apostles. They were to solve everyone's problems. That is what God wants us to be - IN HIS IMAGE! Not an alternative "God" performing OUR own desires and tying them to Him at any cost. A "solutions provider"!!! That widow is crying- Pay her rent! That Orphan is hungry - feed and house him. Your society has issues - solve them. IF Christians did what Christ did, I believe Nigeria would have no problems. But the business "Men of God" and the Career "Men of the Pulpit" have been manifested and they twist scripture to support indolence, sloth and greed. "Bring your tithes" is what they say! "My God is a good God" is what they say". But then what? The society around you is suffering and is filled with the needy but as long as you have your private jet and SUVs, your God is good. Well, satan truly may seem good to his own.

Our "garden of Eden" is the world around us today. I follow that creed which doesn't allow me find joy in my exclusive prosperity. I do NOT give a flying f-ck what you believe in or where you come from. If I see you have a need (N E E D, not want), I will try to fulfil it whether Christian or muslim, man or woman, black or red. You matter to me not because you're my brother but because I was created to be like God and support Him - 10, 000,000 people are praying (whether consciously or not) and I solve the problems of 20. That makes it 9, 999, 980 people praying. What if 1, 000, 000 people were doing same? That would mean ALL prayers have been solved and there's extra.

I imagine how it'd be if we truly acted our role and answered prayers - because the wealth, knowledge and thought processes entrusted to us were not meant to be hoarded for our own children but to be used for all mankind. We are called to subdue the earth and not other men. Make the earth work for you. Harness the Oceans. Then and only then can we truly be seen as representatives of God. Or as we were designed to be - Sons of God.

As I finish this, I see "Image123" has just posted. I agree in a way as that is another type of role. To show the difference and thus show satan for what he is.
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by e36991: 8:06pm On Nov 12, 2010
@^^^

Nice. You are simply been about your Father's business

Refer to Luke 2:49 and James 1:27 - a couple of my favourites scriptures

Let me show some of my cards (i.e. Recall am about, the why - and this is before Eden. Going to the top, heaven)

. . . a backdrop as it were.

1) Do we have a recorded or documented number of angels in heaven?
1b) If yes to #1 above then how many numbers of angels did or do we have?
2) How many angels revolted with Satan in heaven?
2b) What are the wages for sin?
3) Do we have a recorded or documented number of people live and dead since from Eden to date?
3b) Is there a need to fill the vacuum created by the angel en-masse in #2 above?
4) Where are the jurors for sentencing the angels coming from. What or who will they be?
4b) OK before John 1:12, who were the original sons of God?
4c) What are the qualifications for a sons of God status?
5) Sin and death will ultimately be gotten rid off . . .

Mind the number's order, they possibly might have been jumbled up  smiley

Another kit-kat pause, probably already sussed where am coming from and heading to . . .
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by InesQor(m): 12:15am On Nov 13, 2010
@nuclearboy: +1!!! I totally agree with your post, sir. I think this is what I was trying to wrap my head around when I spoke of living thankfully and thus letting your light shine so all men can glorify God.

Thanks again!
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by nuclearboy(m): 6:40am On Nov 13, 2010
@e36991:

Your post above! I've read it about 3 times now and thats because I wonder concerning the scope and applicability of our subject matter here. I think you're right but you're looking at the big picture whist I think myself and Inesqor are looking at "EARTH".

True, some angels went down but there may or may not be a need to fill their ranks back. I believe God can/will perform His judgments Himself. The idea of "know we not that we judge the angels", I seem to understand differently. I see it as Paul saying His (and Christians) conducts/worship/trials/tribulations will be used as a marker for judgment but tacit support for the "accused" would not help such case. In effect, stop seeming to be on his side by being like satan, was what Paul was saying.

I agree with the message of your post but I think "qualifications" and life style is where I'm really about for the purposes of this thread. BTW, where did "Modamo" get such gory videos + where's the link to the heroin issue?

@Inesqor:

Remember the issue where I said I tend to prefer using my words rather than Scripture because the "twisters" shame Scripture? Thats the only difference between our posts - You use scripture to explain it whist I used nuclearboy language. We said the same thing!

Now, where is Aletheia? And Satan DeepSight? And of course, twould be really nice to hear the business version of events in Heaven and Christianity! But THOSE people never have anything real to say when "truth" is discussed!
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by e36991: 12:00pm On Nov 13, 2010
nuclearboy:

@e36991:

Your post above! I've read it about 3 times now and thats because I wonder concerning the scope and applicability of our subject matter here.

I think you're right but you're looking at the big picture whist I think myself and Inesqor are looking at "EARTH".

True, some angels went down but there may or may not be a need to fill their ranks back. I believe God can/will perform His judgments Himself.
The idea of "know we not that we judge the angels", I seem to understand differently.
I see it as Paul saying His (and Christians) conducts/worship/trials/tribulations will be used as a marker for judgment
but tacit support for the "accused" would not help such case.
In effect, stop seeming to be on his side by being like satan, was what Paul was saying.

I agree with the message of your post but I think "qualifications" and life style is where I'm really about for the purposes of this thread.

BTW, where did "Modamo" get such gory videos + where's the link to the heroin issue?

@nuclearboy

At the 16:14 minute mark, the guide was asked who were the people that brought the drugs into the country, he blurted " . . . the Nigerians"

Yours and InesQuor's submissions on the subject matter or title were bang on

but then I did state I was more concerned with the "Why was man created"; "Why was there a need, if any; for man to be created"

Its becomes a burning question especially when you see the man to man cruelties, the evil in this world, watching videos like that one etc

Why?

True, but doesnt lessen the fact that, with the jurors (i.e. sons of God) in court, God as Judge, will execute Judgement himself

and pass sentence along with the jury's verdict

but satan starting from Eden, is trying the best that on court date there are not enough jurors on seat for the case hearing

One has to be upright, law abiding, no criminal record etc to qualify to be juror, isnt it?

Ever wondered, why is satan and the accomplices relentlessly bugging man and causing mischief

". . . dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life . . .

The thief doth not come, except that he may steal, and kill, and destroy . . .
" etc

- Classic case of jury tampering and intimidation.

The bible states that, in heaven a third of the   innumerable   angels revolted with satan.

Countless numbers? Hmm, interesting.

In the past it didnt make sense to me, when I hear or see less than a day old new born baby or similar die

Used get my goat and make me wonder, what is the meaning or essence of life

- this baby barely made a day, innocent kids that are yet to come off age dying etc

Then I considered. What is the population of the world today?  The region is home to 1.5 billion people

What is the population of the world today from Eden? I mean the combined? - Dead and alive?

The population I suppose, is countless and still counting  grin . . . this looks ridiculous

What is God planning or playing at?

Audaciously I submit the need for creating man started in heaven.

The need as it were was a new "family"

Swap countless new sons of God for the revolted innumerable angels (i.e. the former or old sons of God)

Not necessarily merely refill the ranks but fill a vacancy with added value

Seize the opportunity. Kill many two birds with one stone

SIN, DEATH - the penalty for sin, HELL - the holding place (i.e. prison) satan with the innumerable fallen angels & the VACANCY issues will be dealt with

Added bonus, let new post holders have the sitting responsibility of hearing and deciding the case of the former post holders etc . . .

The accused knew how the judicial system works, wasted no time, pulled a fast one and headed to Eden to strike whilst the iron is hot . . .

Adam bit the bullet and pulled the trigger of a gun aimed at his head after Eve jumped the gun when she was hoodwinked & razzmatazzed

"Idi e, laa wa yen ooo. Sibe na, awon nkan, nsi nje iyan won nisu . . . won tun nsenu mere pelu ee. Awon olojuti . . . "
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by InesQor(m): 2:02pm On Nov 13, 2010
@nuclearboy: Ah hah. . . I see now. lol. You know what? I started following your pattern recently, rarely posting scriptures (believing that other believers would do so). This thread is the first exception in a while grin

@e36991: wow. That's all I have to say for now. Will talk later.

This thread is worth bookmarking. I will probably make a blog post about this smiley
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by KunleOshob(m): 2:46pm On Nov 13, 2010
@nuclearboy
Brilliant sunmation, absolutely spot on. The message of the Gospel is very simple, but cos some people insist on making a business of it, they complicate it and panel beat it to say something else.
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by eyzhvntsn: 8:54pm On Nov 13, 2010
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something interesting to read.

So many things going on in my head but will learn for now. Nice one guys.
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by nuclearboy(m): 9:10pm On Nov 13, 2010
^^ You've been missing in action for a long while, Ma'am. I hope you have been well.

Granted we seem to agree that repairing the ravages of the ages is our primary function HERE, I think maybe e36991 ought complete his theses at this point before we go further.

I personally would then be interested in learning more, the experiences "Christians" go through before understanding their role. I believe there exists a startling similarity in terms of "upbringing" by God which puts one in the frame of mind where such starts to despise worldly standards of hoarding money, taking all you can get, being a drain on society etc and becomes one who desires to "repair".

Sadly, this kind of thread would be avoided by the exact people who ought keep quiet for once and learn. But I wonder if it is not that they see truth but remain resolute to their stomachs. Truly, fruit shows who you are.
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by eyzhvntsn: 9:51pm On Nov 13, 2010
@ nuclearboy, I have been well thank you, been an observer on NL mostly. Trust all is well with you too.

Indeed we do need to repair, going back to the mandate given to man by God in Gen 1:28.

e36991 brings to mind the scripture in Eph 3: 9-10.

I look forward to reading more from you all.
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by aletheia(m): 1:29pm On Nov 14, 2010
@e36991: Interesting submissions. In your opinion, when did the Satan fall and lead a third of the angelic host astray?

e36991:

but then I did state I was more concerned with the "Why was man created"; "Why was there a need, if any; for man to be created"

Part of why I have little patience for the new gospel is because it is so shallow and robs Christians of the richness of the True Gospel. It takes away the biblical and historical moorings of our faith and replaces it with a sham, whimsical, and artificial emotionality. To ask a question: How many Christians today have even read through the Westminster Larger Catechism or the Westminster Shorter Catechism or the Pilgrim's Progress. We do not read these because by and large we are unaware of them.

The answer to your question is found in the very first question in the Catechism.
Westminster Larger Catechism:
Q. 1. What is the chief and highest end of man?
A. Man's chief and highest end is to glorify God, and fully to enjoy him forever.
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by e36991: 1:47pm On Nov 14, 2010
aletheia:

@e36991:

. . .  In your opinion, when did the Satan fall and lead a third of the angelic host astray?

@aletheia

. . . before Eden? . . . before Adam committed his sin?

It was when Adam sinned, that sin was stirred up and woken to the world.

Adam's sin subsequently activated sin's sidekick and sleeping giant partner - death.

Remember before the law (i.e. you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil . . .) was given, sin was present in the world

however sin is not taken into account when the law is not broken or when there is no law

So reversely and curiously asking, in your opinion, when did the Satan fall and lead a third of the angelic host astray?
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by aletheia(m): 3:20pm On Nov 14, 2010
^Before answering your question; just to point out something in relation to the OP that is much overlooked.

God created Man in God's image and likeness. The implication of this: ". . .Adam, which was the son of God. (Luke 3:38)" So we see scriptures declare that Adam at least before he sinned was the son of God. The only other beings of which this phrase was used from the OT are the angels. This leads me to understand that this "sonship" is in a relational sense rather than in a biological sense. In other words the "sonship" is of a spiritual nature. Thinking about this makes me realize that these two statements are equivalent.

John 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
John 4:23-24 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

If Adam had not sinned then Seth would also have been described as the Son of God much like the angels are described in Genesis 6 and Job 1, rather than ". . .Seth, which was the son of Adam," Of course this echoes Genesis 5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth.

So the sequence was God created Adam in God's likeness (the Son of God); a type of Christ (the express image of the invisible God). Adam fell, became spiritually disconnected (dead) and produced sons in his own spiritually dead image. Jesus the Last Adam (the Son of God) died and produced sons of God.

Adam (Son of God)----->Physical & Spiritual Death---->sons of Adam (Spiritually dead)
Jesus (Son of God)----->Physical Death & Resurrection---->sons of God (Spiritually alive)

1 Co 15:45, 49. And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

e36991:

[ . . . before Eden? . . . before Adam committed his sin?

So reversely and curiously asking, in your opinion, when did the Satan fall and lead a third of the angelic host astray?
We cannot say with precision; but definitely it wasn't anytime during the first 6 days or at the beginning of the seventh day. We can narrow it down to between the beginning of the 7th day and Genesis 3:1. Certainly Satan's fall occurred before Adam sinned and he was also present in Eden. The description from Genesis 1:1 to 2:25 is of a harmonious creation in tune with God's will before we hit the first jarring note in Genesis 1.

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made.

That this is no ordinary serpent is seen by the words "more subtil" and the fact that in Hebrew the word for serpent is derived form nâchash which means: to hiss, that is, whisper a (magic) spell; generally to prognosticate: - certainly, divine, enchanter, (use) enchantment, learn by experience.

Why did I say that Satan was present in Eden? Because it is stated in the Bible.

Ezekiel 28:13-15. Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

From this it appears that Satan was one of the Cherubim.
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by InesQor(m): 3:23pm On Nov 14, 2010
aletheia:

Part of why I have little patience for the new gospel is because it is so shallow and robs Christians of the richness of the True Gospel. It takes away the biblical and historical moorings of our faith and replaces it with a sham, whimsical, and artificial emotionality. To ask a question: How many Christians today have even read through the Westminster Larger Catechism or the Westminster Shorter Catechism or the Pilgrim's Progress. We do not read these because by and large we are unaware of them.

The answer to your question is found in the very first question in the Catechism.
A. Man's chief and highest end is to glorify God, and fully to enjoy him forever.

Interesting submsissions, aletheia. I must say I had been waiting to read from you since you showed up here.

I read the Pilgrim's progress back to back many years ago, and till date I can say it's one of the best Christian literature pieces I have ever read. I have never HEARD of the Westminster Catechisms but Im on my way to find them and check them out.

Now to the response from the Catechism:

"To glorify God" What does this mean? By my understanding this is the exact thing that has been said so far on this thread.

Mat 5:16  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
God is glorified when our light shines.

More context on this:

Amplified:
Rom 15:5  Now may the God Who gives the power of patient endurance (steadfastness) and Who supplies encouragement, grant you to live in such mutual harmony and such full sympathy with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus,
Rom 15:6  That together you may [unanimously] with united hearts and one voice, praise and glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah).

The above verse shows that when we live in mutual harmony and sympathy with one another JUST AS Christ with us, then that is when we glorify God. It says the same thing as the Matt 5:16 verse above.

The Message:
Rom 15:5  May our dependably steady and warmly personal God develop maturity in you so that you get along with each other as well as Jesus gets along with us all.
Rom 15:6  Then we'll be a choir--not our voices only, but our very lives singing in harmony in a stunning anthem to the God and Father of our Master Jesus!

I think we are all saying the very same thing.
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by e36991: 4:14pm On Nov 14, 2010
InesQor:

. . . I think we are all saying the very same thing.

@^^^

Subscribe to that

PS: Thank you to all the contributors & readers
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by nuclearboy(m): 4:38pm On Nov 14, 2010
I think Aletheia is not finished yet and there's something more he's leading up towards.
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by InesQor(m): 4:45pm On Nov 14, 2010
nuclearboy:

I think Aletheia is not finished yet and there's something more he's leading up towards.
@nuclearboy:
My bad,   sad

[size=3pt]P.S. I just got a mail from viaro. I quote the second to the last paragraph:
Hey, give my warmest remembrances to nuclearboy - I don't forget folks like that, even though I had not had the courtesy to have written him (don't even know his email addy). And you guys keep the flag flying, no matter the high winds.
Pls can you give me an email I can pass on to him? Pls send to my email address {edited}.
[/size]

@aletheia: Please I didn't mean to cut you short. Expecting the rest of your submission, sir,
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by nuclearboy(m): 4:52pm On Nov 14, 2010
Please pass on my email addy to him. Twould make my day he writes me. And NL would profit were he to return here - you could also tell him I now avoid "tithe" discussions grin grin
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by InesQor(m): 5:02pm On Nov 14, 2010
@nuclearboy:

[size=3pt]Wow! I was about to reply that I don't have your email. I thought you mailed mavenbox in those days, and I have lost access to that yahoo account. But just before replying, I searched my email and found your mail *u*a*@yahoo.com Is this valid? Pls let me know if thats the one to send to him.

Lol Im sure twil make your day! cheesy I don't know about him coming back to NL but he says he may get blogging soon (I think that takes less attention: posting blog articles rather than continuing to reply discussions especially when there are people who make posts geared to misconstrue the information and make you talk unnecessarily).

Bonus: I found your phone number (that I lost) there in the email too! Which reminds me, What does this Eid El Mubarak break look like? I should be in your town since its a holiday so maybe we can finally get to see cheesy[/size]
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by nuclearboy(m): 6:29pm On Nov 14, 2010
[size=3pt]yes, thats the one. and I'm in town so yes, lets meet up.

I remember the days of maven when I thought you were female. It used to be you and Jesoul. And I said I thought you ought marry Viaro - you two together would have birthed red-letter versions of the Bible.

But you became male and Jesoul stood alone till Eyzhvntsn came in.

So now, I'll meet a "legend".[/size]
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by aletheia(m): 7:23pm On Nov 14, 2010
@InesQor: let us know when he starts the blog. wink

InesQor:

"To glorify God" What does this mean? By my understanding this is the exact thing that has been said so far on this thread.

Agreed that we are more or less saying the same thing and interestingly:

Westminster Shorter Catechism: Q. 2. What rule hath God given to direct us how we may glorify and enjoy him?
A. The Word of God, which is contained in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, is the only rule to direct us how we may glorify and enjoy him.
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by InesQor(m): 7:59pm On Nov 14, 2010
@nuclearboy: LOL at the 2nd paragraph!!!!  grin [size=3pt]The pleasure is all mine, sir. But you're the legend I will meet,  my first NL contact (actually I already met one non-religion-board contact).[/size]

@aletheia: Surely sir! ;-) Will find a way to pass the link to you when he starts smiley Meanwhile, my own blog exists already. I just havent blogged there in a couple of months. When I resume by mid-November (edit: a few days now) I will send you the link as well. . .

As for the Catechism, I discovered the same thing just after making my rejoinder and reading the PDF from the link above. lol. Twas interesting. . .
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by Image123(m): 11:22pm On Nov 14, 2010
nuclearboy:

Please pass on my email addy to him. Twould make my day he writes me. And NL would profit were he to return here - you could also tell him I now avoid "tithe" discussions grin grin
LOL and LOL
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by nuclearboy(m): 7:39am On Nov 15, 2010
@Image123:

Yes O. I know the truth about God's plan for His children so why should I bother with what gives no value to the true Gospel. Maybe if anyone can find a way to show Adam's tithing or how that was tied to his prosperity, it will make sense. Abi somebody wants to tell me Adam didn't prosper in the Garden? or that it was tithes that prospered him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Year Old Prays An Unforgettable Prayer At The Potter's House -bishop Td Jakes / Live Broadcast Of The Rccg 2011 Holy Ghost Congress / The Real Story Behind The Trending “fallen Angel”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.