Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! (2343 Views)

A Very Good Pentecostal Church In Abuja / Pentecostal Pastors Are Satanic Agents - True worshipers Be Very Careful! / Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by Emmaomotob(m): 3:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
Penticosts are in no way better than the Catholics that worship Mary(whom they critique every second)
The Pentecostals are a sorry bunch I'll tell you. Why don't they ever imitate the mighty rushing wind in Acts chapter 2, or the cloven tongues of fire? Why do they only imitate speaking in tongues? And by the way, and this might surprise you--no one spoke in tongues in Acts 2 at Pentecost! That's right, NO ONE SPOKE IN TONGUES! If you read the Word of God carefully, it says "every manheardthem speak in his own language." Peter was preaching to a crowd of thousands. At least 16 different nations were present (Acts 2:9-11). Each man heard the Gospel in his native tongue (language). Read more here...... http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Pentecostal/madness.htm

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by Andy790(m): 3:16pm On Sep 28, 2014
U on point...
Bt get ready to b fired by pentecostal peeps

R u a catholic
Re: Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by Emmaomotob(m): 3:36pm On Sep 28, 2014
Andy790: U on point...
Bt get ready to b fired by pentecostal peeps

R u a catholic
You can decipher from 1st paragraph that I'm not.
Re: Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by plaetton: 3:41pm On Sep 28, 2014
Emmaomotob: Penticosts are in no way better than the Catholics that worship Mary(whom they critique every second)
The Pentecostals are a sorry bunch I'll tell you. Why don't they ever imitate the mighty rushing wind in Acts chapter 2, or the cloven tongues of fire? Why do they only imitate speaking in tongues? And by the way, and this might surprise you--no one spoke in tongues in Acts 2 at Pentecost! That's right, NO ONE SPOKE IN TONGUES! If you read the Word of God carefully, it says "every manheardthem speak in his own language." Peter was preaching to a crowd of thousands. At least 16 different nations were present (Acts 2:9-11). Each man heard the Gospel in his native tongue (language). Read more here...... http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Pentecostal/madness.htm

Yes, ignorance, complex ignorance is a very terrible thing.

In igbo, we say that french and English people speak through their noses. Just imagine if that is translated literally, and people try to imitate Oyinbo by closing their lips and trying to speak through their nostrils. That would be id.io.cy.

In bible-speak , Speaking in tongues means speaking without being understood, speaking a foreign language. So when someone is speaking french or German to me, that person is speaking in tongues because I cannot understood any of these languages.

At the pentecost, people from different natioanlities were present , all conversing in their own languages which were foreign to the gospel chronicler. Therefore, to him, they were all speaking in tongues.

Today, the so-called speaking in tongues is a form of i.dio.cy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by Orunto: 4:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
Your interpretation is 100% correct. It is all about God empowering his chosen ones to speak and understand other tonques than their mother tonque. It is all about aptitude and care to enlist others for the Kingdom of God.
Re: Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by Gombs(m): 4:32pm On Sep 28, 2014
Emmaomotob: Penticosts are in no way better than the Catholics that worship Mary(whom they critique every second)

Na you sabi!

[NLT] 1 Corinthians 14:18 I thank God that I speak in tongues more than any of you.

cool

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by Emmaomotob(m): 5:21pm On Sep 28, 2014
Gombs:

Na you sabi!

[NLT] 1 Corinthians 14:18 I thank God that I speak in tongues more than any of you.

cool
Stop perverting the gospel, it is 'I thank God, I speak WITH tongues more than ye all:' King James Version. Go and born that useless satanic book you call Bible.
Re: Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by SalC: 7:59pm On Sep 28, 2014
Gombs:

Na you sabi!

cool
Emmaomotob: Stop perverting the gospel, it is 'I thank God, I speak WITH tongues more than ye all:' King James Version. Go and born that useless satanic book you call Bible.
Whether it is "speak in tongues" or "speak with tongues", it refers to speaking another language not blabbing like some people do today.
Re: Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by SalC: 8:03pm On Sep 28, 2014
Emmaomotob: Stop perverting the gospel, it is 'I thank God, I speak WITH tongues more than ye all:' King James Version. Go and born that useless satanic book you call Bible.
So you mean God himself ordered only the use of King james bible? what authority do you have to declare other translations useless and satanic? I tire for una
Re: Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by Gombs(m): 9:12pm On Sep 28, 2014

How many languages did you then think Paul spoke in? Who taught him them? If it was God, how many do you speak?
Re: Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by Emmaomotob(m): 10:59pm On Sep 28, 2014
Gombs:

How many languages did you then think Paul spoke in? Who taught him them? If it was God, how many do you speak?
Read the link I gave you and stop asking silly questions.
Re: Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by Emmaomotob(m): 11:02pm On Sep 28, 2014
SalC: Whether it is "speak in tongues" or "speak with tongues", it refers to speaking another language not blabbing like some people do today.
When you compare both sentences, you'll realise they aren't the same
Re: Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by Emmaomotob(m): 11:05pm On Sep 28, 2014
SalC: So you mean God himself ordered only the use of King james bible? what authority do you have to declare other translations useless and satanic? I tire for una
Yes, only King James, written in 1611 is trustworthy http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/KJB/inspired.htm
Re: Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by Gombs(m): 7:08am On Sep 29, 2014
Emmaomotob: Read the link I gave you and stop asking silly questions.

You want me too pull out links for you too? You seems to be new here, no wonder! A quick heads up, religion section is far far different from politics, family or any other section. Your putting up a link does not help your stand, open the word let us dissect it, i opened for you, your reaction gave me a cue of your general bibile knowledge.Thank me later

Put this in perspective. If Paul spoke plenty different languages like you claim, explain this then!

1 Corinthians 14:2 BBE
For he who makes use of tongues is not talking to men but to God; because no one has the sense of what he is saying; but in the Spirit he is talking of secret things

To help your baby nature in Christ, they all heard in their language because the Holy Spirit was there to interprete individually. If you think other wise, how on earth was Peter able to address them all in their languages, remember, he had no microphone nor interpreter cheesy
Re: Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by Jerryolumide(m): 7:53am On Sep 29, 2014
Emmaomotob: Stop perverting the gospel, it is 'I thank God, I speak WITH tongues more than ye all:' King James Version. Go and born that [b]useless satanic book you call Bible.[\b]
wait o, r u ok?? U just called the Bible satanic or it was a mistake??
Re: Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by Jerryolumide(m): 7:55am On Sep 29, 2014
Emmaomotob: Yes, only King James, written in 1611 is trustworthy http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/KJB/inspired.htm
dats wat u were told nd u just blv dem
Re: Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by Emmaomotob(m): 9:18am On Sep 29, 2014
Gombs:

You want me too pull out links for you too? You seems to be new here, no wonder! A quick heads up, religion section is far far different from politics, family or any other section. Your putting up a link does not help your stand, open the word let us dissect it, i opened for you, your reaction gave me a cue of your general bibile knowledge.Thank me later

Put this in perspective. If Paul spoke plenty different languages like you claim, explain this then!

1 Corinthians 14:2 BBE
For he who makes use of tongues is not talking to men but to God; because no one has the sense of what he is saying; but in the Spirit he is talking of secret things

To help your baby nature in Christ, they all heard in their language because the Holy Spirit was there to interprete individually. If you think other wise, how on earth was Peter able to address them all in their languages, remember, he had no microphone nor interpreter cheesy
Stop selectively quoting the Bible 1st Corinthians 14 vs 4 in trustworthy KJV says: He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.
Vs 6 says: Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall INTERPRET, that the church may recieve edifying.
Vs 9 So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be UNDERSTOOD, how shall it be KNOWN WHAT IS SPOKEN? FOR YE SHALL SPEAK INTO THE AIR.
Meaning that you don't speak in tongues anyhow, its for prophecy and not the confirmation that you are a born again, when the pastor calls you out for repentance of sin. My mom, shaked like a snake after the pastor laid his hands on her and sinned same day. Salvation is by faith alone. "1)Therefore being justified by FAITH, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ :
2) By whom also we have access by FAITH into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice on HOPE OF THE GLORY OF GOD." Romans 5 vs 1-2
Have faith and Keep the Commandments of God and you are saved. Simple! Not disgracing yourself in front of church to meet a man that you are not sure is holy, who uses Hocus Pocus and Theory of Mind to decieve you.(Some are obsessed with pastors that they say e.g. God of Adeboye.) It is when you walk in the way of God that Holy Spirit enters you. “Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.”
—Matthew 7:15
Baptist Church is the only one that comes closest to following Christ teachings. http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Miscellaneous/ifb.htm
Re: Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by Gombs(m): 10:09am On Sep 29, 2014
Emmaomotob: Stop selectively quoting the Bible 1st Corinthians 14 vs 4 in trustworthy KJV says: He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.
Vs 6 says: Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall INTERPRET, that the church may recieve edifying.
Vs 9 So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be UNDERSTOOD, how shall it be KNOWN WHAT IS SPOKEN? FOR YE SHALL SPEAK INTO THE AIR.
Meaning that you don't speak in tongues anyhow, its for prophecy and not the confirmation that you are a born again, when the pastor calls you out for repentance of sin. My mom, shaked like a snake after the pastor laid his hands on her and sinned same day. Salvation is by faith alone. "1)Therefore being justified by FAITH, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ :
2) By whom also we have access by FAITH into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice on HOPE OF THE GLORY OF GOD." Romans 5 vs 1-2
Have faith and Keep the Commandments of God and you are saved. Simple! Not disgracing yourself in front of church to meet a man that you are not sure is holy, who uses Hocus Pocus and Theory of Mind to decieve you.(Some are obsessed with pastors that they say e.g. God of Adeboye.) It is when you walk in the way of God that Holy Spirit enters you. “Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.”
—Matthew 7:15
Baptist Church is the only one that comes closest to following Christ teachings. http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Miscellaneous/ifb.htm

Why did you skip verse 2 of the reliable KJV?

2  For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

1. Define unknown tongue?
2. If you’re saying it's another language, For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. (V14), how come folks don't know what I'm speaking but they seem know it should the language's name?
3.how many languages then do you speak?
4.why do you want to make a simpleton of yourself?
Re: Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by Emmaomotob(m): 4:52pm On Sep 29, 2014
Gombs:

Why did you skip verse 2 of the reliable KJV?

2  For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

1. Define unknown tongue?
2. If you’re saying it's another language, For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. (V14), how come folks don't know what I'm speaking but they seem know it should the language's name?
3.how many languages then do you speak?
4.why do you want to make a simpleton of yourself?
I will make my arguement very easy by destroying the GENESIS of the penticostals
1)Paul stated in 1st Corinthians 3:1-3, "And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.For ye are yet carnal..." Church of Corinthians was a CARNAL church.
2) It is possible to speak in language(tongue) of humans, read KJV 1st Corinthians 13vs 1 .
3) The disciples were already saved before Holy Spirit fell upon them.(They talked and chatted with the son of God after he had risen from death)
4) No account in Bible said Jesus spoke in tongues
5) Jesus purified the adulteous woman, she did not fall down or speak in tongues.
6) Jeus said 'go your FAITH has made you well.' You only need faith to be divinely healed and also to be forgiven
7) You are compelled to explain(interpret) everything you've said in tongues.
cool On the penticost, it was something special that happend, so that Peter could be able to break language barrier(every man heard them speak in his own language)
9) Tongues is meant only for evangelism
10) You can't send Holy Spirit into someone(Holy Spirit unlike Jesus, came to this world in Spirit form(The trustworthy KJV used HE for him) John 16 vs 13-14). He comes at his own time, when he sees that you obey God's Commandments and most importantly, you have faith in Jesus. Obedience is better than sacrifice. No wonder Penticostal pastors indulge in sin, since they follow wrong path.
Old testament, God manifested in Father, in the New testament, he manifested in Son and now he is manifesting in the Holy Spirit(who is here in the Name of Jesus Christ John 16 vs 14). If you have any question left, I'm always at your service. We all must not miss heaven because of fake doctrines. sad
Re: Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by Gombs(m): 7:39pm On Sep 29, 2014
Emmaomotob: I will make my arguement very easy by destroying the GENESIS of the penticostals
1)Paul stated in 1st Corinthians 3:1-3, "And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.For ye are yet carnal..." Church of Corinthians was a CARNAL church.
2) It is possible to speak in language(tongue) of humans, read KJV 1st Corinthians 13vs 1 .
3) The disciples were already saved before Holy Spirit fell upon them.(They talked and chatted with the son of God after he had risen from death)
4) No account in Bible said Jesus spoke in tongues
5) Jesus purified the adulteous woman, she did not fall down or speak in tongues.
6) Jeus said 'go your FAITH has made you well.' You only need faith to be divinely healed and also to be forgiven
7) You are compelled to explain(interpret) everything you've said in tongues.
cool On the penticost, it was something special that happend, so that Peter could be able to break language barrier(every man heard them speak in his own language)
9) Tongues is meant only for evangelism
10) You can't send Holy Spirit into someone(Holy Spirit unlike Jesus, came to this world in Spirit form(The trustworthy KJV used HE for him) John 16 vs 13-14). He comes at his own time, when he sees that you obey God's Commandments and most importantly, you have faith in Jesus. Obedience is better than sacrifice. No wonder Penticostal pastors indulge in sin, since they follow wrong path.
Old testament, God manifested in Father, in the New testament, he manifested in Son and now he is manifesting in the Holy Spirit(who is here in the Name of Jesus Christ John 16 vs 14). If you have any question left, I'm always at your service. We all must not miss heaven because of fake doctrines. sad

yu answered non of the earlier questions...until you can, you'd have to continue your own.

as for the bold, how many tongue do you then speak? or don't you evangelize? undecided

in fact, i gree.. you are right. enjoy!
Re: Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
Jerryolumide: wait o, r u ok?? U just called the Bible satanic or it was a mistake??
Do not associate my father with such an ignorant book. Do not commit such blasphemy.
Re: Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by JesusisLord85: 10:12pm On Sep 29, 2014

To be frank. Most of the people responding have no clue what they are talking about. That is because they go to church shouting abracadabra every week.

The truth is, there are two types of tongues. The tongues in acts 2 were for a sign for the unbeliever. i.e. those who had not yet come to accept the Messiah heard it and marvelled.
This is why Paul said:

1 Corinthians 14:22 "Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe."

The other type of tongues, heavenly tongues, will not be understood by many.

BUT...This is where the church has it wrong. Go into their service on Friday night and you will hear just about everybody shouting stuff..
Let's see what Paul said:

1 Corinthians 14
27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.
28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

So how is it all these people shout aloud in 'unknown languages', and yet nobody interprets.
It is also remarkable that when you sit and listen to a person speak in tongues this week, and then next week, and even the week after, they say exactly the same words, in the same rhythm. They have only managed to memorise their madness.

Buy you. Why do you marvel at this.
They worship, they know not what. You are a son of Jacob. Put away the foolishness of atheism..That in itself is a faith.

Turn to the Most High, and walk in his laws and statutes.

Shalom
Re: Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by Emmaomotob(m): 11:54pm On Sep 29, 2014
JesusisLord85:

To be frank. Most of the people responding have no clue what they are talking about. That is because they go to church shouting abracadabra every week.

The truth is, there are two types of tongues. The tongues in acts 2 were for a sign for the unbeliever. i.e. those who had not yet come to accept the Messiah heard it and marvelled.
This is why Paul said:

1 Corinthians 14:22 "Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe."

The other type of tongues, heavenly tongues, will not be understood by many.

BUT...This is where the church has it wrong. Go into their service on Friday night and you will hear just about everybody shouting stuff..
Let's see what Paul said:

1 Corinthians 14
27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.
28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

So how is it all these people shout aloud in 'unknown languages', and yet nobody interprets.
It is also remarkable that when you sit and listen to a person speak in tongues this week, and then next week, and even the week after, they say exactly the same words, in the same rhythm. They have only managed to memorise their madness.

Buy you. Why do you marvel at this.
They worship, they know not what. You are a son of Jacob. Put away the foolishness of atheism..That in itself is a faith.

Turn to the Most High, and walk in his laws and statutes.

Shalom
Many might wonder what I mean by theory of the mind. It means that when you come out to the pulpit, your mind is deeply focused on having the spirit. Therefore, when people standing beside you begin to fall and shout like a witch(some do this intentionally), your mind begins to move to the state of satiety(spelling not sure), you begin to think yourself doing what others are doing. Immediately the pastor lays his hands on you,(you feel that the pastor himself is trying to fall you down, with the way he pushes your head cheesy ) you feel in you, (since you are in a state of subconscious) as if an Angel put his hands on you and started pouring *the spirit*, you begin to shake[like a snake] and speak babble(the same way you have always dreamt of). Some people don't fall for the pastor's experiment and refuse to fall down and shake like someone having fever. You are then happy and filled with joy, but you are as empty as space. As for Hocus Pocus, where the pastor will throw *the spirit* like basketball, and you begin to fall like slain warriors(forgetting that Holy Spirit only comes to those that have faith and kept God's commandments for considerable period, in order to guide you. ) It involves use of pure magic.
My neighbours are so pathetic that they speak *it* everyday, but are filled with hate and envy. Salvation is by faith alone. I know it would be a hard decision, but follow not prophets but the word of God(JESUS TOLD US TO STUDY THE SCRIPTURES), wonderfully preserved in KJV. This website will help you in knowing God. http://jesus-is-savior.com/
Re: Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by priscaoge(f): 8:00am On Sep 30, 2014
Emmaomotob: Many might wonder what I mean by theory of the mind. It means that when you come out to the pulpit, your mind is deeply focused on having the spirit. Therefore, when people standing beside you begin to fall and shout like a witch(some do this intentionally), your mind begins to move to the state of satiety(spelling not sure), you begin to think yourself doing what others are doing. Immediately the pastor lays his hands on you,(you feel that the pastor himself is trying to fall you down, with the way he pushes your head cheesy ) you feel in you, (since you are in a state of subconscious) as if an Angel put his hands on you and started pouring *the spirit*, you begin to shake[like a snake] and speak babble(the same way you have always dreamt of). Some people don't fall for the pastor's experiment and refuse to fall down priscaoge shake. You are then happy and filled with joy, but you are as empty as space. As for Hocus Pocus, where the pastor will throw *the spirit* like basketball, and you begin to fall like slain warriors(forgetting that Holy Spirit only comes to those that have faith and kept God's commandments for considerable period, in order to guide you. ) It involves use of pure magic.
My neighbours are so pathetic that they speak *it* everyday, but are filled with hate and envy. Salvation is by faith alone. I know it would be a hard decision, but follow not prophets but the word of God(JESUS TOLD US TO STUDY THE SCRIPTURES), wonderfully preserved in KJV. This website will help you in knowing God. http://jesus-is-savior.com/

Am still trying to figure out y my moniker was mentioned
Re: Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by Emmaomotob(m): 9:11am On Sep 30, 2014
priscaoge:

Am still trying to figure out y my moniker was mentioned
Don't bother your little brain, its the fault of prediction. I must have been rushing while typing those words.
Re: Pentecostal Church's Madness !!! by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 13, 2016
Emmaomotob:
Yes, only King James, written in 1611 is trustworthy http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/KJB/inspired.htm

I thought you had common sense, its now clear that common sense is not common at all grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Big Issue!Why Didn't Redemption Stop Women's Childbirth Pain Caused By Eve? / WEALTH: Who Did God Create Wealth For, Believers Or Unbelievers? / Teens Are Fleeing Religion Like Never Before: Massive New Study Shows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.