Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,879 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed (19977 Views)

Why FG Needs To Regulate Social Media ― Lai Mohammed / #EndSARS: We Must Regulate Social Media Before It Destroys Us – Lai Mohammed / Why Buhari’s Govt Is Working With Foreign Media - Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by Calculating: 12:07pm On Oct 29, 2019
The Federal Government has made known its intention to regulate the social media.

This was made known by Lai Mohammed, Information Minister.

Mr Mohammed at a press conference said the government would not fold its arms and watch while activities on social media set the country ablaze.

“It has reached a level that the government may just no longer fold its arms and allow this to continue,” the minister who has severally denied reports that the present administration intends to gag the media said.

Social media has been one of the channels where purveyors of fake news circulate false information to mislead the public.

The decision to regulate the social media comes weeks after the government increased fines for hate speech, an action that has been described as a move to silent critics of the administration.

Source: https://todaypoliticsng.com/fg-moves-to-regulate-social-media/

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by Spin360: 12:08pm On Oct 29, 2019
You're a victim of your own devices

178 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by helinues: 12:09pm On Oct 29, 2019
Better

We can't wait

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by Calculating: 12:09pm On Oct 29, 2019
grin

Nigerians must have sense by force.

The same social media that enthroned this government?

167 Likes 9 Shares

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by donstan18: 12:13pm On Oct 29, 2019
They should be happy for social media, because that's the only thing distracting Nigerians from their bad government.

198 Likes 11 Shares

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by daddytime(m): 12:47pm On Oct 29, 2019
How dem wan even take do am sef abi no be this same Nigeria?

I just dey laff...

10 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by FarahAideed: 12:52pm On Oct 29, 2019
helinues:
Better

We can't wait

Shameless !!!! I hope you will tell your child you were part of those that supported Nigerias. Worst dictator when the time comes

151 Likes 9 Shares

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by gloriaunobi(f): 12:53pm On Oct 29, 2019
By increasing the cost of data?

13 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by AdolfHittler: 12:59pm On Oct 29, 2019
[s]
helinues:
Better

We can't wait
[/s]

12 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by helinues: 1:00pm On Oct 29, 2019
FarahAideed:

Shameless !!!! I hope you will tell your child you were part of those that supported Nigerias. Worst dictator when the time comes

Chisos, why are you afraid of social media regulations? If you are cultured with your words, you shouldn't be afraid.

Are you an antagonist to Buhari's government or what exactly?

Young / old man, get real life ooo, I mean real one

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by ursullalinda(f): 1:00pm On Oct 29, 2019
That is their primary assignment and if they don't achieve it, that is when they will consider themselves failures..... misplaced priority .....smh

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 29, 2019
Nigeria it is finished

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by Rosella1: 1:01pm On Oct 29, 2019
That dude with Samsung phone broken screen for sale wee soon come now! angry

26 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by Coldie(m): 1:01pm On Oct 29, 2019
How do they do it, when they don't have access to the required data base.

Though fining platforms will go a long way.

Don't just remove comment outright ban will do
Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by OkirikaDealer: 1:01pm On Oct 29, 2019
Lol, e be like say them won start to tax social media users

9 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by Fountainofyouth(f): 1:01pm On Oct 29, 2019
helinues:

Chisos, why are you afraid of social media regulations? If you are cultured with your words, you shouldn't be afraid.

Are you an antagonist to Buhari's government or what exactly?

Young / old man, get real life ooo, I mean real one

No you get a life, since you think through your anus, Goodluck Jonathan did not regulate social media when you Apc apologist and Buhari were spewing all manner of trash cos y'all want to be in power, now Apc is in power but they hate what they once loved cos their own fvck up is to high heavens, rubbish nonsense disgusting entities.

146 Likes 12 Shares

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by Righteousness89(m): 1:01pm On Oct 29, 2019
Let's Laugh in Swahili!!

2 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by Gten(m): 1:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
Waiting for when this government would be decisive about work. Social media is now the most pressing concern of government.

21 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by millionboi2: 1:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
Misplaced priority

18 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by veekid(m): 1:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
We don dey wait for this news long time ago, let's go the China way... Na them go taya, no be naija again?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by nanakgh(m): 1:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
Lol. Good move. Since all the numerous issues of insecurity, poverty, virtually no healthcare and the hundreds of other more pertinent issues have been tackled and solved by the same FG. God bless them all.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
Mumu levels. Una no get work.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by MrOwonikoko: 1:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
Oga, e no fit work joor! Lau lai Mohammed. grin

6 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by johncallidon(m): 1:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
if I hear

3 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by godwinkessi: 1:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
This old punk! He was busy opening his mouth anyhow anyhow when GEJ was on seat now he want to silence other people!

Well sowore is reaping from what he sowed now.
I stand for anything that will bring sense to Nigerians. This one sef small. North Korea testament is what every single Nigerian deserve and I trust the pilots, they’re getting it right Period

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by AZeD1(m): 1:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
When you are incompetent and can't handle criticism.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by StrikeBack(m): 1:03pm On Oct 29, 2019
cool

Stay off nairaland
Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by invigilator(m): 1:03pm On Oct 29, 2019
When will they know that other countries don't pay NGN52 for card maintenance and implement that in Nigeria?

Anywhere anything them want do, they can do it since WE as citizens have resorted into lashing out on their decisions on Social Media instead of embarking on protest. See Chile, Lebanon and HK all protesting till the govt. meets their demands.

We, the added 2% and 3% stamp duties, then observed to see if they will be a reaction, of which they was but only on Social Media. Like that wasn't enough they introduced POS transaction duties, we still no talk for streets na Twitter.

WE need to remember that social media only creates popularity, going to the street, embarking on a nationwide protest along with the social media trends gets the attention of international organizations, bodies and news to see the yansh of your government, something they all hate.

All these happening within months after 2nd term elections, we still have 3 full years to go and I sincerely pray they don't make living in Nigeria "hell" for us.

DONT QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT TO TALK NONSENSE.

13 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by ManiGram01(m): 1:03pm On Oct 29, 2019
Social media leaving nigeria doesn't change anything.

Wonder how old men became so dumb �

3 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by YungMike(m): 1:03pm On Oct 29, 2019
Funny.

I you are in the Abroad, or have a family and friends in the Abroad.
Check my signature
Re: FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed by Robisky001(m): 1:03pm On Oct 29, 2019
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Terrorist Threat: Release Nnamdi Kanu – IPOB Tells Buhari Government / NBC Fines Arise TV, TVC N2m Over Breach Of Broadcasting Code / Goodluck Jonathan @66: Peter Obi Congratulates And Celebrates Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.