Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees (11373 Views)

Kaduna State University Asks Parents To Sign Undertaking After Increasing Fees / Can I Study At The National Open University From Abroad? / Student Holding Python In University Of Maiduguri For Her CA Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by iwaeda: 12:09pm On Oct 29, 2019
The Senate on Tuesday asked the authorities of the University of Maiduguri to stay action on its recent fees increment.

The red chamber also asked its committee on Tertiary education to liaise with the Nigerian Universities Commission with a view to working out an arrangement to streamline fees in all tertiary institutions.

The Senator representing Borno North, Abubakar Kyari, had in a point of order, drawn the attention of his colleagues to hike in the fees.

He said the Increment of the fees from 40 per cent to 400 per cent could force youths out of the institution to join the insurgents thereby worsening the security situation in the country

He cited the example of a particular fee which used to be N25, 000 but has now been increased to N125, 000.

He said the action could affect education in the North-East geopolitical zone.

He said ensuring that schools in the North-East were open without crisis was important to tackle insecurity especially in Borno State

Details later…..

https://punchng.com/breaking-senate-stops-maiduguri-varsity-from-increasing-fees/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by Lymasaba(m): 12:57pm On Oct 29, 2019
iwaeda:
The Senate on Tuesday asked the authorities of the University of Maiduguri to stay action on its recent fees increment.

The red chamber also asked its committee on Tertiary education to liaise with the Nigerian Universities Commission with a view to working out an arrangement to streamline fees in all tertiary institutions.

The Senator representing Borno North, Abubakar Kyari, had in a point of order, drawn the attention of his colleagues to hike in the fees.

He said the Increment of the fees from 40 per cent to 400 per cent could force youths out of the institution to join the insurgents thereby worsening the security situation in the country

He cited the example of a particular fee which used to be N25, 000 but has now been increased to N125, 000.

He said the action could affect education in the North-East geopolitical zone.

He said ensuring that schools in the North-East were open without crisis was important to tackle insecurity especially in Borno State

Details later…..

https://punchng.com/breaking-senate-stops-maiduguri-varsity-from-increasing-fees/
Very good... This new VC want to kill people

7 Likes

Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by iCauseTrouble: 1:13pm On Oct 29, 2019
People wey det this school, una get mind o.
I trust my mama sha grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by Jestin: 1:13pm On Oct 29, 2019
Things are always going up in Nigeria but will never be decreased. Mumu country

1 Like

Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by StrikeBack(m): 1:13pm On Oct 29, 2019
Lol.
Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by PureGoldh(m): 1:14pm On Oct 29, 2019
They should do same in the universities in dx south Eastern and south western part of the country BikO

7 Likes

Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by Flexherbal(m): 1:15pm On Oct 29, 2019
Good
Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by VoltageDivida(m): 1:15pm On Oct 29, 2019
People still school in Maiduguri?

6 Likes

Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by armadeo(m): 1:16pm On Oct 29, 2019
Lol. So close to sambisa and life goes on.

Shout out to those who have no where to go so struggle it out.

Real nigarrs
Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by Daviddson(m): 1:16pm On Oct 29, 2019
The truth is that education at federal universities in Nigeria is almost free. I know a very well-known FUT that was charging ₦30K per session whereas parents pay as much as ₦60K per year in some dilapidated primary schools .

2 Likes

Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 29, 2019
Jesu!! 400%??

Ordinary minimum wage of 30k them no fit pay

1 Like

Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by tym92(m): 1:16pm On Oct 29, 2019
k
Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by armadeo(m): 1:17pm On Oct 29, 2019
VoltageDivida:
People still school in Maiduguri?

I fear my head.

Even trying to increase fees kntop the matter.

God airpuss ohhhhhhh

2 Likes

Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by salbis(m): 1:17pm On Oct 29, 2019
I sincerely thank the senate for reversing this wicked moves. See Boko Haram, see hike in school fees!

3 Likes

Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by seunny4lif(m): 1:18pm On Oct 29, 2019
The VC Dey mad
People are running from the university and the mumu wanted to increase the school fees.
People that send their kids over there are even madder and the kids studying over there are maddest

7 Likes

Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by pointstores(m): 1:19pm On Oct 29, 2019
Kk
Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by invigilator(m): 1:19pm On Oct 29, 2019
I didn't know we still have a university in that part of the country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by kaunafemzy: 1:22pm On Oct 29, 2019
UNIMAID, my Alma mater smiley wink

5 Likes

Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by kaunafemzy: 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2019
[s][/s]didn't know we still have a university in that part of the country. [/quote]
Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by Tweetums(f): 1:28pm On Oct 29, 2019
Hmmm, 25k for fee? I can sponsor few people to that school
Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 1:28pm On Oct 29, 2019
APC is the best
Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 1:29pm On Oct 29, 2019
Tweetums:
with the money u made from olosho business abi

1 Like

Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by jojothaiv(m): 1:31pm On Oct 29, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
People wey det this school, una get mind o.
I trust my mama sha grin
And their admission comes in three batches..

1st Batch

2nd Batch

3rd Batch

3 Likes

Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by jojothaiv(m): 1:32pm On Oct 29, 2019
Tweetums:
I wan go there nau, sponsor me
Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by Tweetums(f): 1:40pm On Oct 29, 2019
EmptyCoconutHead:
with the money u made from olosho business abi
that ur gutter mouth can't take u to whr ur success is.... I'm making my $$$ from crypto trading... Research me on NL u ll know

1 Like

Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by Dantelyn(m): 1:46pm On Oct 29, 2019
Okay

Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by Generalwoodz(m): 1:48pm On Oct 29, 2019
Audio Money
Re: Senate Stops Maiduguri University From Increasing Fees by babtoundey(m): 1:50pm On Oct 29, 2019
When will they force University of Ibadan to reduce it Postgraduate tuition fees?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ansu 2nd Choice Post Utme Form On Sale / Traditional Healer, DELSU Staff Arrested For Holding 'Mad' Woman Hostage / FG Begging For Strike – ASUU, Nsukka Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.