Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram (12586 Views)

Gallant Soldiers Fighting Against Boko Haram (video/pictures) / Officer Returns To God After Successful Assignment Against Boko Haram - Pics / Nigerian Soldiers Killed During Military Operation Against Boko Haram. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by nwakibie3(m): 12:58pm On Oct 29, 2019
Osinbajo made this call when he received a delegation of members of Egypt’s Parliament (House of Representatives), led by its Speaker, Dr Ali Abdel-Aal Sayed Hamad.

Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, has said that concerted action by countries around the world was crucial towards tackling terrorism in the Sahel region, as well as the challenges posed by Boko Haram and ISWAP in Africa.

Osinbajo made this call when he received a delegation of members of Egypt’s Parliament (House of Representatives), led by its Speaker, Dr Ali Abdel-Aal Sayed Hamad.

The delegation also included the Egyptian Ambassador to Nigeria, Assem Hanafy Elseify, according to the News Agency of Nigeria.

He said, “We urge Egypt to join us in calling upon the world, the international community, to immediately see the need for a concerted action against Boko Haram, Islamic State’s West Africa Province, and terrorist groups operating in the Sahel in particular.

“We think that it is time for that kind of concerted action in the Sahel. And with such concerted action, we believe that we can prevent a situation as seen in some parts of the Middle East where damage to lives and livelihoods was done by ISIS.”

http://saharareporters.com/2019/10/28/join-us-calling-world-take-action-against-boko-haram-osinbajo-tells-egypt

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by Shooyie: 1:05pm On Oct 29, 2019
Totally agree with you Sir. A combined action from other countries can be a factor in tackling terrorism effectively.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by okefrancis: 1:11pm On Oct 29, 2019
Pls let the world stand up for our rescue and against the terrorism in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by johnkay1(m): 1:15pm On Oct 29, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by Zeemam: 1:17pm On Oct 29, 2019
I agree with you My VP, we will concur Boko Haram together when we join hand together

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by Lydia696: 1:18pm On Oct 29, 2019
Together we fight against the terrorist to bring back the peace

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 29, 2019
If world powers help you in ending boko haram, how will they gain from weapon sales?

16 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by FarahAideed: 3:07pm On Oct 29, 2019
Later the same govt will now give them millions of dollars in ransome ...Stop paying so much money to Boko Haram you are only making them have a source of funding

18 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by Introvertedmarc: 4:20pm On Oct 29, 2019
Position yourself and the president at the war front and watch bokoharam eliminated in 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by Racoon(m): 4:37pm On Oct 29, 2019
See shameless people? Same BH your boss said "a fight against BH is a fight against the north" and which the deceptive government that you're part of have endlessly lied of "technically defeating" the same BH?

Where has the $1B funds against BH gone into Mr.VP? Meanwhile, the APC govt have given staggering amount of monies as ransom to these killers even allegedly granting them amnesty & recruiting them into the Nigerian military.

Remember the former government called for regional & global cooperation in defeating this self-inflicted killers but these idiots then see it as sign of weakness even promising to wipe BH in 2 month if they attain power.What does Nigeria have today?

The northern elites & masses supported the activities of BH to attain power but guess reality is more clearer now? Lies, deceit & propaganda may win you power but you can never govern through them.

Moral-whatsoever goes around not only comes around but also stays around.Be careful what you wish others.It can come back to hunt you real good.Karma never forgives or forgets.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by Hoephase: 5:00pm On Oct 29, 2019
Calling the world to join us in taking action against technically defeated group?

This call for action is open admission that BH is still active.

I personally don't think that there is anything wrong in asking for help when you have problem. My only problem with Nigerian government is using BH for cheap political goal.

BH is still active and needs to tackled with all seriousness.

Meanwhile we need a audit on the huge amount budget for security in the last years.

10 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by sammyj: 5:00pm On Oct 29, 2019
cheesy
Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by Naijaguy123: 5:00pm On Oct 29, 2019
embarassed
Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by crackhaus: 5:00pm On Oct 29, 2019
What a shame!!!

So the combined forces of the Nigerian Army, Air force, and Navy, is incapable of quelling an insurgency within its own borders.
What are these people using the defense budget for? To buy BMWs for service chiefs?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by BOOOMNAIJA: 5:01pm On Oct 29, 2019
Wrong choice of pple to collaborate with.....u don't collaborate with a Muslim country to fight a jihadist group like Boko Haram....u should rather be collaborating with the likes of Israel and USA

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by heckymaicon(m): 5:01pm On Oct 29, 2019
The most useless and clueless administration ever.

Karma, when are you going to do your work on all these heartless politicians in government all over the country.

Karma please do your work asap.

PLEASE...
Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by Mr100Dollars: 5:01pm On Oct 29, 2019
Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by felong(m): 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
Good evening Nairalanders, please I need advise on how to fry my chicken so that I will not do Shiiiiiiiii. I'm owing my landlord. thanks in advance

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
Mi O Gbo tongue
Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by NonFarmPayrol: 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
Same book haram you romance?
Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by sonnie10: 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
Any day Buhari publicly condemns BH, I would stop instantly, I have no doubt about that.
Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by Goldenheart(m): 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
cool
Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 29, 2019
I thought they have been technically defeated. grin grin grin grin
Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by ainas247: 5:03pm On Oct 29, 2019
cool I thought someone said bokoharam is technically defeated...
I heard more of herdsmen than bokoharam in recent time
grin grin grin

Rank your website on Google MSN, yahoo, Bing
chat up
Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by kutchs: 5:04pm On Oct 29, 2019
Good call VP only that your principal once said that an attack on Boko Haram is an attack on the North. What has changed sire?
Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 29, 2019
Invite them and the US will come with its military, soon they will be protecting their interests(OIL) in nigeria, with more conflicts and more instability popping.

Rather Ask help from Russia and turkey
Re: Osinbajo To Egypt: Join Us In Calling The World Against Boko Haram by GOFRONT(m): 5:04pm On Oct 29, 2019
Which Bokoharam again??

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo Leads, Presides Over FEC, Tripartite Committee Same Day / LASG Resumes Federal Government Conditional Cash Transfer To Beneficiaries / 2023: Most Nigerians Prefer Mixed-Faith Presidential Ticket – New Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.