Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,646 members, 7,813,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

The Story Of A Little Boy(a Dedication To A Friend) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Story Of A Little Boy(a Dedication To A Friend) (422 Views)

Life Of A Ghetto Boy (a Short Story By Osakpamwan Osadolor) / I Am Not A "Yahoo" Boy (a Short Story) / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Story Of A Little Boy(a Dedication To A Friend) by lookoutnaija: 8:05pm On Oct 29, 2019
I once met a little boy, (those little "NIGER" children that have filled the street begging with their mums) and while they will stop you by holding your hands and legs, the only thing you hear them saying is.....

{God go bless you, you go be big man, anything when you want you go get} repeatedly, and while people sometimes shoo them away like they have leprosy, and insult them and their mother.

Some aggressively angry set, would add slap and knock to send the message home that they are in a bad mood.

Those that give sometimes, give the oldest, weakest, and most terrible looking notes while quickly walking away so they don’t get stained or get touched by the "children of the street"

i have never given these kids more than a passing glance as a result of been upset with their mum for given birth to kids they can’t train.

Until a day came while passing the junction where these kids and their mum usually stay to beg and then it began to rain.

I had to hid inside a store until the rain subside, I saw a scene that forever changed my Life

A little boy was inside the heavy downpour and he was dancing.

He would look upwards and then twist his body and shout something in Hausa which i later found out was "Allah ya kawo albarka" meaning Allah has brought blessing. he would jump up with this smile on his pale lips that takes your breath away.

The boy was dancing in the rain without music, without shoe, just his little heart playing the melody of life and while he danced, he did not care about those who watched, mocked him, laugh at his torn pant, or told him he was a disgraced, he did not care.

He danced like it was no man's business, he did not care about the poor state of his life, nothing matters except happiness.

He was just dancing, because he did not need any reason to be happy.

While this boy danced, people started noticing, while some cursed, smiled, laughed, joked about it, it became clear to me about some certain life lesson.

Life is not indebted to you, so don’t feel you are entitled to anything other than what you have.

Go to bed knowing tomorrow is not yours, you might not wake up, but if you do wake up, make do with what you have and dance like you have never done before,

Dance in your business, Marriage, Dance so hard people notice, Dance without reason and above all be happy.

A lady who noticed came out and hugged him, it was so emotional but yet Little Farouk might not understand why so much fuss over his life.

He taught us all that happiness comes from enjoying the little steps.

Good evening.

Dedicated to Promise Excel
Re: The Story Of A Little Boy(a Dedication To A Friend) by nauto15: 12:40pm On Oct 31, 2019
And So?

(1) (Reply)

Don't Give Up Yet By Victoria Omoghena Edidi / To Die Is Gain / Short Story Writer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.