Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? (17872 Views)

Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me / Konga Sacks Over 70% Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by ElasticStone(m): 12:03pm On Oct 30, 2019
I am sure alot of us have experienced delays/sluggishness from ICAN's operations staff at some point and it is becoming overwhelming. This is not the first time this has happened. What makes matters worse is that they seldom respond to your queries, leaving you in dilemma on what steps to take especially if you are resident outside lagos.

Recently, I paid my dues online using the webpay platform on 25th of October, using my atm card details but my online profile was not updated to reflect the changes and sadly, deadline of 31st october is fast approaching. I have emailed, called and texted them but they are not responding. I only got an email from a representative who did not seem to understand my query properly. I mentioned that I paid online but he/she still asked me to scan evidence? All efforts to reach back has been unsuccessful as they don't pick calls, reply emails or sms. Pls what should I do? I am currently out of Lagos but will be back in 3 days time.

Modes, pls move to front page. I really need help. Deadline is tomorrow, 31st october and they are not responding to me.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by ElasticStone(m): 12:04pm On Oct 30, 2019
Automated response to me

1 Like

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by ElasticStone(m): 12:05pm On Oct 30, 2019
Feedback from representative saying I should send a scanned evidence, even after mentioning that I paid online and my respone to him/her

1 Like

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by ElasticStone(m): 12:07pm On Oct 30, 2019
Reminder to the representative that my issue is still unresolved

2 Likes

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by ElasticStone(m): 12:12pm On Oct 30, 2019
Evidence of calls made to ICAN

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by ElasticStone(m): 12:13pm On Oct 30, 2019
Evidence of SMS sent to ICAN

3 Likes

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by ElasticStone(m): 12:18pm On Oct 30, 2019
Cc: Danxplore
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
ElasticStone:
Cc: Danxplore

They are quite very ineffectual. Just find your way to their head office when ever you return, you don't seem to have many options now, or you could visit any of their branches in your current state of residence.

The irony is that ICAN's last three or four chapters in Management Information (Foundation diet) is on ICT related topics. cheesy
Charity has not begun at home yet.

Modified#

Modes, help this dude abeg:
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, David470

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by ElasticStone(m): 12:37pm On Oct 30, 2019
plot:

They are quite very ineffectual. Just find your way to their head office when ever you return, you don't seem to have many options or you could visit any of their branches in your current state of residence

Modified#

Modes, helo this dude abeg:
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, David470

Thanks alot

2 Likes

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by ElasticStone(m): 12:38pm On Oct 30, 2019
otunbalamba:
CC: lalasticlala Dominique mynd44
wink we need people to see this

Exactly. The thing is so painful

4 Likes

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by BlackHummer(m): 12:40pm On Oct 30, 2019
Lol. The key is to pay like 1 month before deadline or go to their office. They still prefare the old ways grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 30, 2019
ElasticStone:

Thanks alot

You're welcome

2 Likes

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Ekakamba: 4:25pm On Oct 30, 2019
This is Nigeria! Where a customer ain't king/queen but subject. grin tongue

6 Likes

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Annie001: 4:25pm On Oct 30, 2019
Because they are trained to be slow

7 Likes

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by qanda: 4:25pm On Oct 30, 2019
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by A56hmed: 4:26pm On Oct 30, 2019
Not just them.... It is a norm in virtually all institutions in obodo Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Fryzi(m): 4:26pm On Oct 30, 2019
Everything in Nigeria is either slow or dead

1 Like

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by helinues: 4:27pm On Oct 30, 2019
Ok
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by wwwihy: 4:27pm On Oct 30, 2019
The Best thing is to go to ICAN office
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Wagasigiungu(m): 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2019
Rather unfortunately this is the bane of most Nigerian institutions. This is the 21st century for crying out loud. Even those that have a website hardly ever carry out maintenance or update it. You send emails and no response.

Nigerian firms and businesses should embrace technology cos it is here to change and most youths now hv embraced tech. You don't even hv to be in the office to respond to mails. You hva a mobile smartphone.

The world is now a global village and you don't need to be physically present for most stuffs- online applications, email correspondence, on line interviews, etc. That's why i love dealing with foreign coys.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Surulereman(m): 4:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
Go in person to their head office. This is a classic example of poor client/customer service, caused by poor attitude to work and lack of supervision by the superior officers.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by sammirano: 4:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
Annie001:
Because they are trained to be slow

grin grin
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Vision2ae: 4:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
my dad had to go head office too..for one license renewal
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Femich18(m): 4:35pm On Oct 30, 2019
Guy, Just go to their office. Those people are like that when you send mails to them. Very Annoying!
Wish you the very in your exam coming up next month
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Toyosimuyiwa: 4:38pm On Oct 30, 2019
Please guys! am also owing dues of #14k, will i be able to write this November diet if i don't pay my outstanding dues?
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by 12345baba(m): 4:39pm On Oct 30, 2019
The title ican dey heavy them
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by AkpaAmu99: 4:40pm On Oct 30, 2019
[s]
helinues:
Ok
[/s]
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by dinodangana(m): 4:41pm On Oct 30, 2019
Mr brother, ICAN haven't spent more than 5mins to respond to me before sir, stop painting our body as inefficient, ICAN is efficient and professional and that's the reason why we want to join the body, u are contacting the wrong office, send an email to profilehelpdesk@ican.org.ng

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by erons22(m): 4:42pm On Oct 30, 2019
ElasticStone:
I am sure alot of us have experienced delays/sluggishness from ICAN's operations staff at some point and it is becoming overwhelming. This is not the first time this has happened. What makes matters worse is that they seldom respond to your queries, leaving you in dilemma on what steps to take especially if you are resident outside lagos.

Recently, I paid my dues online using the webpay platform on 25th of October, using my atm card details but my online profile was not updated to reflect the changes and sadly, deadline of 31st october is fast approaching. I have emailed, called and texted them but they are not responding. I only got an email from a representative who did not seem to understand my query properly. I mentioned that I paid online but he/she still asked me to scan evidence? All efforts to reach back has been unsuccessful as they don't pick calls, reply emails or sms. Pls what should I do? I am currently out of Lagos but will be back in 3 days time.

Modes, pls move to front page. I really need help. Deadline is tomorrow, 31st october and they are not responding to me.

You will need to call them or go to their office ASAP
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Ykman(m): 4:42pm On Oct 30, 2019
You can put a call or send a mail to their Head of IT, Mr Henry, he'll be of help via hiheacho@ican.org.ng or ithelpdesk@ican.org.ng and 01-2912821. Truth be told, they ought to have since re-invented their ways.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Careers In Agriculture Nigerian Youths Can Explore / Job opportunities 4 Medical Laboratory Scientists in nigeria / 5 Tips To Avoid SACK In This Economic Period.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.