Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? (17854 Views)

Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me / Konga Sacks Over 70% Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by konklushun(f): 4:44pm On Oct 30, 2019
dinodangana:
Mr brother, ICAN haven't spent more than 5mins to respond to me before sir, stop painting our body as inefficient, ICAN is efficient and professional and that's the reason why we want to join the body, u are contacting the wrong office, send an email to profilehelpdesk@ican.org.ng

Everyone's case is different. I got my response after a week.
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by konklushun(f): 4:46pm On Oct 30, 2019
Call the IT guys, they should be able to help you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by ACRI: 4:47pm On Oct 30, 2019
dinodangana:
Mr brother, ICAN haven't spent more than 5mins to respond to me before sir, stop painting our body as inefficient, ICAN is efficient and professional and that's the reason why we want to join the body, u are contacting the wrong office, send an email to profilehelpdesk@ican.org.ng

Story for the gods �

1 Like

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by ACRI: 4:49pm On Oct 30, 2019
konklushun:

Everyone's case is different. I got my response after a week.

Don't mind him

That's how they encourage mediocrity
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Sterope(f): 4:51pm On Oct 30, 2019
Elasticstone.. what's stopping you from screenshotting your phone?
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Afokeoghen: 4:53pm On Oct 30, 2019
@OP,
If you still have not gotten it resolved.

You can actually do it yourself. I used to suffer in their hands before I found it out myself.

Go back to the page
Pay ICAN> webpay >Status (log in if required)
You will see the list of your successful payments

Click to see details of your exam payment.
Voila! Your Pin and Sno.

Infact, you will see a link at the right tail of the page to register.. Which automatically feeds the appropriate fields in the registration page.

ICAN! It is well.

Àbí (who audits the auditors)

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Ezeanna: 4:53pm On Oct 30, 2019
Seriously, ICAN needs to look into that dues payment area, so that once dues are paid, the student's financial status is updated within 24 hours max.

You can't pay dues and be fretting for another 1 month before your financial status is updated nah, haba.

OP, call the finance helpdesk again, and calmly tell whoever picks to help you check your record to confirm that the dues payment you made has been updated. Have your student registration number on hand, so you can easily call it out for him/her during the call.

Sometimes, it is updated immediately on their system, but before they update your student page, it takes another long time.
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Lugianostar(m): 4:56pm On Oct 30, 2019
It is so annoying for most of these naija professional bodies with their mundane echelon of doing business.

I send an email to Efcc and Icpc since 2 weeks ago and no response from them as their mundane death website is as dead as their Bubu!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 30, 2019
always have your teller available forget the so called direct pay using online, thy dont recognize it anyway, they will still ask for your bank teller.
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by SissyAda: 5:05pm On Oct 30, 2019
Like the OP will do any better if in the same position. Who uses card to make such crucial payment esp when you decided to pay close to the deadline. With the rate card failure, What if they didnt get/can't confirm your payment. Instead of you to go inside the bank/ use any e-channel (if there is one) to pay that will give you a receipt or some sort of valid evidence of payment NOT just debit alert. Tsheewww.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by ednut1(m): 5:08pm On Oct 30, 2019
dinodangana:
do you know what they did to me i applied for transcript for my ATS for canada runs. to get transcript you need to pay your subscriptions so i paid 8 years subscription (2010 to 2018). they sent the transcript and the canadian body contracted them to verify the transcript. useless ICAN said i was owing hence they cant confirm. got to know one month later. i should have gone there to scatter the place
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by dinodangana(m): 5:10pm On Oct 30, 2019
Gone to scatter the place? U should have gone to court bro, u had or still have a good case, that was negligence on their part sir
ednut1:
do you know what they did to me i applied for transcript for my ATS for canada runs. to get transcript you need to pay your subscriptions so i paid 8 years subscription (2010 to 2018). they sent the transcript and the canadian body contracted them to verify the transcript. useless ICAN said i was owing hence they cant confirm. got to know one month later. i should have gone there to scatter the place
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by dinodangana(m): 5:13pm On Oct 30, 2019
quentin06:
always have your teller available forget the so called direct pay using online, thy dont recognize it anyway, they will still ask for your bank teller.
Not quite true sha, I've been paying online since i started in 2017, 2more papers to round up
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 30, 2019
We Should Learn To Keep Evidence,am saying With Experience doing Transactions Online i Never Ever Forget to Keep My Evidence.the Money You Send goes To Company, Organisation or Government account.the Workers Or Representative may Not Have Access to the bank account to know If money Has Come In as Well as the Sender's name it Happen To Me when I Send Money To Fxtm nigeria so i have To send Them The Screenshot and The confirmation Sms alert I Got From The Bank so in Your Case The Screenshot or The Sms alert From the Bank Would Have Been Better.and Make The Representative to Act fast becase They Have evidence To Tender to The Fund department i know A Lot of up Carry 100k android but don't know How To make Use Of Simple function

1 Like

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by kay7: 5:19pm On Oct 30, 2019
dinodangana:
Gone to scatter the place? U should have gone to court bro, u had or still have a good case, that was negligence on their part sir

You owe 8 years subscription!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 30, 2019
dinodangana:

ICAN official spotted. grin

Screenshot a correspondence with ICAN lets verify your claim.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
Annie001:
Because they are trained to be slow

Lol
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by ednut1(m): 5:25pm On Oct 30, 2019
dinodangana:
was resolved after i sent a stinker. Unserious body
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by TGM2015: 5:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
ElasticStone:
Feedback from representative saying I should send a scanned evidence, even after mentioning that I paid online and my respone to him/her
The representative was actually right. The detail section of your initial screenshot is not the evidence of payment. As at the point of payment you suppose to have taken the screenshot (If using mobile) or print out the page (if you are using PCs) of the payment reference number as shown in the attached picture. The only advice is for you to go their Ebute Metta office (IT department) to retrieve your reference number. The representative can only work with the reference number.
To you payment confirmation, I think you should have waited for up to 48 hours for the update. If you payment was successful, you should have your Total Outstanding Subscription Fees: equal to zero by now. To check you financial status, log in into the portal and click on FINANCIAL STATUS.

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by CorperKola: 5:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
Sorry why are you paying subscription fees for exam
Its not necessary naw
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by dinodangana(m): 5:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
Lol, not an official o, just a hustling student trying to qualify, just trying to protect the name of our prestigious body
DanXplore:

ICAN official spotted. grin
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Totoch: 5:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
You should go to their office in VI. I experienced such problem when I paid for my outstanding subscription fees. It didn't reflect on my student's account that I've been cleared, I sent messages to them but there was no positive response.

So, I decided to logde a complain at their office and fortunately, the Lady I met there checked through my account and we saw that the debts have been cleared.

In order news, your account with them might have been cleared without you knowing.
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 30, 2019
SissyAda:
Like the OP will do any better if in the same position. Who uses card to make such crucial payment esp when you decided to pay close to the deadline. With the rate card failure, What if they didnt get/can't confirm your payment. Instead of you to go inside the bank/ use any e-channel (if there is one) to pay that will give you a receipt or some sort of valid evidence of payment NOT just debit alert. Tsheewww.

I will nominate your post as the most ridiculous post on this thread so far. Why was the card payment option there if it is not effective? Even if he paid five seconds to deadline, he is still in his right.

I have been using card payments for almost all my shopping and have not encountered any problem. Why is ICAN, a regulatory body different? People like you just sicken me. Stop padding incompetence.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 30, 2019
SissyAda:

I will nominate your post as the most stvpid post on this thread so far. Why was the card payment option there if it is not effective? Even if he paid five seconds to deadline, he is still in his right.

I have been using card payments for almost all my shopping and have not encountered any problem. Why is ICAN, a regulatory body different? People like you just sicken me. Stop padding incompetence.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by kaffyadeakeem(f): 5:39pm On Oct 30, 2019
Seriously you should have just walked to their office or send somebody to do the payment.
All these web payments are sometimes decorative.
They are still not reliable and efficient enough.
Another thing I observed is that they were somehow rude to student but polite to member
I don't know how true is that they don't allow their staff to write the exams .hence always jealous
Anyway since you have paid before the deadline I think you're covered.
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Premiumwriter: 5:43pm On Oct 30, 2019
Wagasigiungu:
Rather unfortunately this is the bane of most Nigerian institutions. This is the 21st century for crying out loud. Even those that have a website hardly ever carry out maintenance or update it. You send emails and no response.

Nigerian firms and businesses should embrace technology cos it is here to change and most youths now hv embraced tech. You don't even hv to be in the office to respond to mails. You hva a mobile smartphone.

The world is now a global village and you don't need to be physically present for most stuffs- online applications, email correspondence, on line interviews, etc. That's why i love dealing with foreign coys.

the university own is worse.

How can you register courses online and still print the course form and take it to the various departments for signing for registration again?

1 Like

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by teejoyz: 5:44pm On Oct 30, 2019
I had thesame issue early this yr when I registered for induction and also cleared my dues.it was at the point of submitting my duly completed form and other supporting documents that I was told that I ve not cleared my dues.i had to drag it with them for almost 3 hrs coz I told them that I paid through webpay.infact at some point they told me that I should provide evidence ,which looked strange to me coz it was an online transaction.i had to log on to my student page,went through the transaction history,screenshot and then print before they could collect the forms from me.it was like film that day.i will only advice you that next time do it in analog way through bank paydirect then scan the teller and send it to them
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 30, 2019
TGM2015:

The representative was actually right. The detail section of your initial screenshot is not the evidence of payment. As at the point of payment you suppose to have taken the screenshot (If using mobile) or print out the page (if you are using PCs) of the payment reference number as shown in the attached picture. The only advice is for you to go their Ebute Metta office (IT department) to retrieve your reference number. The representative can only work with the reference number.
To you payment confirmation, I think you should have waited for up to 48 hours for the update. If you payment was successful, you should have your Total Outstanding Subscription Fees: equal to zero by now. To check you financial status, log in into the portal and click on FINANCIAL STATUS.

You are wrong. I doubt you read the email properly. The Rep requested for "scanned" evidence, not "screenshot" evidence. Only hard copies can be scanned. By implication, he erroneously assumed the OP paid using teller.

Secondly, the whole problem was amplified by their breach of duty of care as professionals. No matter what the case is, they ought to have replied the OP to clarify things or at least pick the OP's call.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by ElasticStone(m): 5:50pm On Oct 30, 2019
wwwihy:
The Best thing is to go to ICAN office

I am currently not in lagos
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by ElasticStone(m): 5:51pm On Oct 30, 2019
Toyosimuyiwa:
Please guys! am also owing dues of #14k, will i be able to write this November diet if i don't pay my outstanding dues?

Same amount I am owing too.
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Deandean: 6:01pm On Oct 30, 2019
Baba don't over border yourself with the closing date ish...when ur around,go to their Lagos office,ppl de pay a day to exam sef...i just thank God for my qualification...ICAN as a whole is not a funny jorney.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Begins 14-day Paternity Leave For Civil Servants / Mother, Son Called To Bar Same Week. Shares Amazing Story Of Their Success / My Former Employer Is About To Cheat Me, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.