Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Militants Bomb Alaibe’s House, Kill Police Orderly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Bomb Alaibe’s House, Kill Police Orderly (900 Views)

Niger-Delta Militants Bomb Pipeline In Under Water Attack / Militants Bomb Oil Installations In Warri, Delta / “we Pay Police To Kill Police, N500,000 Per Head” – Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Militants Bomb Alaibe’s House, Kill Police Orderly by koruji(m): 12:25am On Nov 13, 2010
Headlines Nov 13, 2010
No. 163 P.T.I. Road, Effurun home of Delta State Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, guber aspirant; Mr. Jude Ukusare set ablaze on Thursday night, roasting his 73-year- old mother and a 9 -year-old niece alive
By Emma Amaize,Warri/Samuel Oyadongha
Militants, early yesterday bombed the Opokuma, Bayelsa State country home of the Special Assistant to the President on Niger Delta, Mr. Timi Alaibe, killing his police guard.

Also, earlier on Thursday, unidentified mercenaries attacked the Effurun, Delta house of an ACN governorship aspirant, Mr. Jude Ukusare with dynamite that claimed the lives of his 73- year old mother, Agnes and a nine year- old girl identified as Favour Najemo.

Mr. Alaibe is currently involved in rehabilitation of repentant militants.
The police guard’s name was given as Derigo.

A Rocket Propelled Grenade launcher, RPG, believed to have been abandoned by the invaders, was reportedly recovered from the scene by men of the Joint Task Force.
Troops have since condoned off the area.

A community source said residents were woken up by sporadic shooting.

ACN gov aspirant’s home too

The 73 -year old mother of an Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, governorship aspirant in Delta State, Mr. Jude Ukusare and a nine- year old girl, Thursday lost their lives after unidentified men bombed his Effurun residence near Warri.

Mr. Ukusare who was the target of the attack was not at home when the men believed to be members of a private political group struck at about 9 pm . He returned from a meeting to meet his house on fire.

The charred remains of his mother and the young girl were taken away in an ambulance yesterday to the mortuary.

Policemen from the Bomb Disposal Unit of the Delta State Police Command visited the burnt residence on 163 Petroleum Training Institute, PTI, Road, Effurun, near Warri yesterday morning to carry out investigations. Saturday Vanguard also saw the Area Commander, Warri, Zanna Ibrahim and the Divisional Police Officer, DPO, Ekpan Police Division, Mohammed Muazu, CSP, inspecting the razed building.

The Area Commander said the police would go all out to find the brains behind the incident and ensure that justice was done.

Sympathizers weeping uncontrollably at the Ukusare's home.Photos by Akpokona Omafuaire
It was learned that the some of the mercenaries who mingled with the crowd that gathered while the fire was on, refused fire fighters access to the house to put it off and the men went back to seek reinforcement.

Ekpan DPO, Muazu , who personally led policemen to the scene to disperse the hostile crowd about 45 minutes later, told Saturday Vanguard that he alerted the fire fighters when he received a distress call, but was taken aback when he was told that they (fire fighters) were stoned and chased away by some youths.

Ukusare told Saturday Vanguard that the attack had to do with politics, adding, “Some people don’t want me to be in the governorship race because they feel I am a threat to them and my chances of getting there is brighter, so they want to eliminate me.

“Apparently, they had been trailing me without my knowledge. I had been away from days and just returned from Abuja. They could have been monitoring me to know I was back and came at about 9.00 pm, not knowing that I had gone out for a meeting.

When they came, they were searching the whole compound and later, they fired bombs into one of the rooms.”

According to him, “Few days before the incident, a Hilux with unidentified occupants pulled off in front of my compound and asked some persons to detach one of my campaign posters on the wall for them. They refused to come down probably because they were many people around the place at that time.

“They did not succeed and the next day, at about 11.30 pm, they came again in the same Hilux vehicle, with one of them wearing a police uniform. The one with the police uniform came down himself to detach my poster. I was told about the two visits but I wondered what a policeman would be doing with my poster.

“However, there was power outage on Thursday and at about 9.00 pm, two men rode into the compound on a motor_cycle. They detonated two fire bombs and quickly disappeared. My parents were asleep and were jolted by the explosions. My father was later rescued and when I asked of my mother, I was told she ran away too.

“The situation was tense as the fire was still on. Nobody could go into the building. It was only yesterday (Friday) morning that we found out that my mother could not make it.

She was trapped and died in the inferno with the daughter of her younger brother, who slept in the house with her,” he said.

Ukusare corroborated the statement of the DPO that some onlookers pelted the fire fighters that came to quench the fire until they returned with police reinforcement.

He said that splinters of explosives used by the attackers were picked up in the compound by the police, adding, “I will, however, leave the police to do their work.”

Though, Ukusare said the attack was politically masterminded, a police officer who asked for anonymity told Saturday Vanguard, “I am not prejudging anything but I think it was two gas cylinders that exploded. However, investigation is on, let us wait and see.”

Initially, a source said it was PDP thugs that threw explosives into house of the governorship aspirant but a PDP leader in the area who commented on the allegation said, “How can they say it is in PDP when they know they are the ones fighting themselves.” in ACN.

The Court of Appeal had just ordered a re_run and the battle is definitely between the former governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan and Chief Great Ogboru of the DPP. So, what is the business of the PDP with the ACN.

“This is a laughable because the AC candidate in the 2007 election, Chief Okocha was disqualified and I am not even sure the party will be part of the re_run, except there is a way they are going to make a case that the party is now ACN.

And even though Okocha was not validly nominated in 2007, as held by the court, somebody has been validly nominated by the party for the re_run in 2011.

Like I said, I don’t know what their plans are, but, assuming that is the agenda, it still had nothing to with the PDP. It is their internal matter,” he added.
[url]http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/militants-bomb-alaibe%e2%80%99s-house-kill-police-orderly/[/url]
Re: Militants Bomb Alaibe’s House, Kill Police Orderly by Abagworo(m): 12:32am On Nov 13, 2010
Where is beaf?I warned about this.I also warned about violent wing of massob and a new Efik/Ibibio militia in 2011.

There is still chances of achieving peace by ending all these glaring frame ups and adopting true federalism.
Re: Militants Bomb Alaibe’s House, Kill Police Orderly by Beaf: 12:44am On Nov 13, 2010
Abagworo:

Where is beaf?I warned about this.I also warned about violent wing of massob and a new Efik/Ibibio militia in 2011.

There is still chances of achieving peace by ending all these glaring frame ups and adopting true federalism.

May the souls of the innocent child and the Policeman rest in peace.

You're funny! When did any so called Efik/Ibibio militia begin operating in Delta state. Abeg, clean your eyes jare!
This is the same way Jonathans house was bombed, but then you guys have answers to everything.

The last I heard, Delta state was made up of Isoko, Itsekiri, Ijaw and Urhobo, but tell me a bit more about the Efik's and Ibibio's of Delta state, tell me some new outlandish tale.
Re: Militants Bomb Alaibe’s House, Kill Police Orderly by Abagworo(m): 2:43am On Nov 13, 2010
Beaf:

May the souls of the innocent child and the Policeman rest in peace.

You're funny! When did any so called Efik/Ibibio militia begin operating in Delta state. Abeg, clean your eyes jare!
This is the same way Jonathans house was bombed, but then you guys have answers to everything.

The last I heard, Delta state was made up of Isoko, Itsekiri, Ijaw and Urhobo, but tell me a bit more about the Efik's and Ibibio's of Delta state, tell me some new outlandish tale.

I know Delta is made up of only Sabo,Igabo,Jekri and Izon, but my predictions is that if nothing is done Akwaibom will turn to a war zone next year while massob might turn violent.Efik/Ibibios live in Akwaibom and Cross river States.

I also warned that if government refuse to tackle the Niger Delta issue promptly by making moves towards true federalism,militancy will start full blown.I can tell you authoritatively that the creeks are tense right now and expect some sabotage soon.I am not a militant but news flies in Port Harcourt and I have ears.I will also remind you of this when the sabotage starts.
Re: Militants Bomb Alaibe’s House, Kill Police Orderly by Beaf: 2:55am On Nov 13, 2010
Abagworo:

I know Delta is made up of only Sabo,Igabo,Jekri and Izon, but my predictions is that if nothing is done Akwaibom will turn to a war zone next year while massob might turn violent.Efik/Ibibios live in Akwaibom and Cross river States.

I also warned that if government refuse to tackle the Niger Delta issue promptly by making moves towards true federalism,militancy will start full blown.I can tell you authoritatively that the creeks are tense right now and expect some sabotage soon.I am not a militant but news flies in Port Harcourt and I have ears.I will also remind you of this when the sabotage starts.

What is the purpose of all the derogatory names? Whats the matter with you? And you wonder why you are seen as one of NL's top tribalist's?

Dude, you can be a militant, kidnapper, armed robber or whatever. In time, you will be fished out.
Re: Militants Bomb Alaibe’s House, Kill Police Orderly by silami(m): 3:18am On Nov 13, 2010
Niger Delta Militants introduced kidnapping to Nigerians, now they have moved to bombing. Please Mr President suspend the so called amnesty, lets smoke out these criminals from the creeks and highways. Nigeria military has the capability to round off these elements. Like the present mess of kidnapping, we can't watch watch innocent people being bomb!
Re: Militants Bomb Alaibe’s House, Kill Police Orderly by koruji(m): 3:28am On Nov 13, 2010
What kind of talk is that about suspending amnesty? When people are ready to take up arms against you, you must confront them with arms as well, but you also have keep open a path to reform for those who will take it - a release valve if you will. Otherwise, even when they want to they don't will have no incentive to drop their arms.

Guerrilla warfare is really unwinable unless you are ready to kill everyone!

silami:

Niger Delta Militants introduced kidnapping to Nigerians, now they have moved to bombing. Please Mr President suspend the so called amnesty, lets smoke out these criminals from the creeks and highways. Nigeria military has the capability to round off these elements. Like the present mess of kidnapping, we can't watch watch innocent people being bomb!
Re: Militants Bomb Alaibe’s House, Kill Police Orderly by Beaf: 3:29am On Nov 13, 2010
silami:

What do you mean, stop the amnesty? Do you want to stop Nigeria?
All the ex-MEND men under the amnesty are well trained and could not be defeated by the JTF. Do you think the army is peopled by foolish folk who don't know when to give up?

If JTF could win by force of arms, there would be no amnesty today. The amnesty has its warts, in that it includes some known criminals, but it hosts some pretty deadly, well trained fighters who have a very genuine cause. Lets not be ignorant or it will be last prayer time.
Re: Militants Bomb Alaibe’s House, Kill Police Orderly by aljharem(m): 3:33am On Nov 13, 2010
Abagworo:

gbam
Re: Militants Bomb Alaibe’s House, Kill Police Orderly by Abagworo(m): 3:53am On Nov 13, 2010
Beaf:

What is the purpose of all the derogatory names? Whats the matter with you? And you wonder why you are seen as one of NL's top tribalist's?

Dude, you can be a militant, kidnapper, armed robber or whatever. In time, you will be fished out.

My bad if the names were offensive.I just wanted you to understand my deep knowdledge of that area by using the alternate names.You also deliberately excluded Igbo as an ethnic group in Delta.The last time I checked Anioma State has not been created.
Re: Militants Bomb Alaibe’s House, Kill Police Orderly by slap1(m): 8:57am On Nov 13, 2010
We shall reap what we sow.
Re: Militants Bomb Alaibe’s House, Kill Police Orderly by silami(m): 9:06am On Nov 13, 2010
Beaf:

What do you mean, stop the amnesty? Do you want to stop Nigeria?
All the ex-MEND men under the amnesty are well trained and could not be defeated by the JTF. Do you think the army is peopled by foolish folk who don't know when to give up?

If JTF could win by force of arms, there would be no amnesty today. The amnesty has its warts, in that it includes some known criminals, but it hosts some pretty deadly, well trained fighters who have a very genuine cause. Lets not be ignorant or it will be last prayer time.

Look at this one. is amnesty Nigeria? did i say stop NO i said suspend it to deal with the criminals. stopping the amnesty cannot and will never stop Nigeria my borther
Re: Militants Bomb Alaibe’s House, Kill Police Orderly by RICHIEBOI1(m): 4:36pm On Nov 13, 2010
This thread says 'militants bomb alaibi's house,kill police orderly'. where is timi alaibi story in this thread? angry

(1) (Reply)

Blatter Sparks Qatar Gay Furore / The Dumbness Factor On Nl! / Nigeria: In The Name Of God - ( Latest Jos Documentary )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.