Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,981 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

7 Of My Favourite Date/hangout Spots In Lagos - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 7 Of My Favourite Date/hangout Spots In Lagos (2547 Views)

Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State / Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State / Fried Rice: My Favourite Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Of My Favourite Date/hangout Spots In Lagos by freakishkid(m): 9:17am On Oct 31, 2019
If we're being honest, 95% of all the alleged best restaurants are on the island and If we're being real, they sell you an experience and a beautiful interior with average tasting but overpriced dishes.
In my opinion, these are my fav dating spots in Lagos.. And I'd try to spread it across the whole of Lagos and not restrict it to only Lagos island.

In the order of the pictures

1. Noir (on the island, I'd consider it a semi fine dining restaurant with nice dishes and awesome cocktails. Just let your Wallet be a bit chubby)

2. Ofada Boy (its ironic that I gave them a bad review when I went there but they still made it to my list. Ofadaboy is the restaurant you'd take a white person who wants to have a taste of authentic Nigerian dishes to. No gimmicks, no BS menu, authentic AF, and its located in SuruLere)

3. Dominos/Pinkberry/Coldstone (the three in one restaurant in Ikoyi awolowo road. The choices would overwhelm you, and no need to break the bank)

4. Erik Kayser (also on the island. Very classy, looks very expensive but their menu caters to everyone's wallet. Till date, I've never tasted a baguette that outdid theirs)

5. Eko Hotel Buffet (go on a Sunday. Its like 12k and the buffet comes with unlimited champagne and Chapman. To me, this is my BEST restaurant in Lagos cuz it serves all the food all the restaurants on this list serves and you serve yourself and eat till you drop)

6. Oceans basket (I've been the the one in Ikeja a few times. Their seafood game is fire and to enjoy yourself you might spend more than 10k)

7. Jevinik Restaurant (not a fine dining restaurant but I also call it no a BS restaurant. The portions of their dishes are for giants and very affordable. They major mostly in swallow. I hear there's one on the island but its the Ikeja one I've been to)

I'd probably do a part 2 (island/fine dining), a part 3 (mainland), and a part 4 (Coded Restaurants you must visit)

Mention your top 3 fav Lagos restaurants. Let me visit them and review them to see if they are good enough.

I'm Opeyemi Famakin, the biggest food critic in Nigeria
Follow me on Instagram @OpeyemiFamakin

#Foodie #LagosFoodie #lagosrestaurant #Lagos #FoodieNigeria

2 Likes

Re: 7 Of My Favourite Date/hangout Spots In Lagos by Ayomarcel(m): 9:35am On Oct 31, 2019
Nice Review.. If I'm in lagos I'll give one a try.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Of My Favourite Date/hangout Spots In Lagos by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 2:21pm On Nov 02, 2019
R & A Food Court Ogunlana, Surulere

Wandi's Cravings, Opposite Sky Mart Cinemas, Lekki Ajax Expressway
Re: 7 Of My Favourite Date/hangout Spots In Lagos by Mariangeles(f): 1:39pm On Nov 03, 2019
freakishkid:
If we're being honest, 95% of all the alleged best restaurants are on the island and If we're being real, they sell you an experience and a beautiful interior with average tasting but overpriced dishes.
In my opinion, these are my fav dating spots in Lagos.. And I'd try to spread it across the whole of Lagos and not restrict it to only Lagos island.

1. Noir (on the island, I'd consider it a semi fine dining restaurant with nice dishes and awesome cocktails. Just let your Wallet be a bit chubby)

2. Ofada Boy (its ironic that I gave them a bad review when I went there but they still made it to my list. Ofadaboy is the restaurant you'd take a white person who wants to have a taste of authentic Nigerian dishes to. No gimmicks, no BS menu, authentic AF, and its located in SuruLere)

3. Dominos/Pinkberry/Coldstone (the three in one restaurant in Ikoyi awolowo road. The choices would overwhelm you, and no need to break the bank)

4. Erik Kayser (also on the island. Very classy, looks very expensive but their menu caters to everyone's wallet. Till date, I've never tasted a baguette that outdid theirs)

5. Eko Hotel Buffet (go on a Sunday. Its like 12k and the buffet comes with unlimited champagne and Chapman. To me, this is my BEST restaurant in Lagos cuz it serves all the food all the restaurants on this list serves and you serve yourself and eat till you drop)

6. Oceans basket (I've been the the one in Ikeja a few times. Their seafood game is fire and to enjoy yourself you might spend more than 10k)

7. Jevinik Restaurant (not a fine dining restaurant but I also call it no a BS restaurant. The portions of their dishes are for giants and very affordable. They major mostly in swallow. I hear there's one on the island but its the Ikeja one I've been to)

I'd probably do a part 2 (island/fine dining), a part 3 (mainland), and a part 4 (Coded Restaurants you must visit)

Mention your top 3 fav Lagos restaurants. Let me visit them and review them to see if they are good enough.

Out of curiosity, I checked out your page...some followers you've got there
You're quite brutal too . undecided

Please don't go about ruining businesses.

I have some questions to ask:

How did you start ?
Was it out of passion or you were just being mischievous?
Do you make money out of it ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Of My Favourite Date/hangout Spots In Lagos by freakishkid(m): 4:47pm On Nov 03, 2019
Mariangeles:

Out of curiosity, I checked out your page...some followers you've got there
You're quite brutal too . undecided

Please don't go about ruining businesses.

I have some questions to ask:

How did you start ?
Was it out of passion or you were just being mischievous?
Do you make money out of it ?

How did i start: I've always been a foodie who loves cooking and visiting restaurants. I randomly did a restaurant review and people asked for more reviews, so, i continues

Do i make money out of it: No. I didn't do it for money and if i don't ever get paid, i wont stop.

Was it out of passion: Yes. I'm a foodie first and food critic second. I praise restaurants that are good and call out restaurants that are not up to parr.

Hope you followed me on instagram

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Of My Favourite Date/hangout Spots In Lagos by Mariangeles(f): 6:34pm On Nov 03, 2019
freakishkid:

How did i start: I've always been a foodie who loves cooking and visiting restaurants. I randomly did a restaurant review and people asked for more reviews, so, i continues

Do i make money out of it: No. I didn't do it for money and if i don't ever get paid, i wont stop.

Was it out of passion: Yes. I'm a foodie first and food critic second. I praise restaurants that are good and call out restaurants that are not up to parr.

That means you get paid somehow cheesy
You're quite interesting...

I'll definitely follow smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Of My Favourite Date/hangout Spots In Lagos by Moboj: 6:16pm On Nov 04, 2019
freakishkid:

You're a Food Critic
That's very nice,I just hope you give social verbal credits to the ones you found really salivating cheesy
You should try MOBOJ'S PEPPERED SNAIL'S
But it's deliveries we do
I think you would have something awesome to say about our peppered snail's and our grilled snail's.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Of My Favourite Date/hangout Spots In Lagos by Moboj: 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2019
freakishkid:

It's really awesome when people can describe taste and give it an attribute as you've done cheesy
My bad forgot to ask if you even eat snail's
Cause if you do then hmmn snail's taste would be on that list cheesy
We bring the Restaurant to your very doorstep cheesy
Foodie
We are bringing the MOBOJ'S MOBILE KITCHEN soon
Try mobile tastes also cheesy
I'd loveee to hear your review's

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Of My Favourite Date/hangout Spots In Lagos by freakishkid(m): 9:12am On Nov 05, 2019
Moboj:

You're a Food Critic
That's very nice,I just hope you give social verbal credits to the ones you found really salivating cheesy
You should try MOBOJ'S PEPPERED SNAIL'S
But it's deliveries we do
I think you would have something awesome to say about our peppered snail's and our grilled snail's.

send me a dm on IG. let's talk
Re: 7 Of My Favourite Date/hangout Spots In Lagos by Ndipe(m): 10:19am On Jun 28, 2020
Been to Jevenik in Ikeja. Was impressed.
Re: 7 Of My Favourite Date/hangout Spots In Lagos by merieam16(f): 6:43pm On Jun 28, 2020
I dont eat out. Like if u dont too, share if u do
Re: 7 Of My Favourite Date/hangout Spots In Lagos by williamchaze54(m): 6:31am On May 10, 2022
So, get out and enjoy the local sights and sounds! Just remember to take a break from the grind and visit one of these delicious spots in SLO. Learn more about best restaurants on online.

(1) (Reply)

Please What Is The Best Brand Of Spaghetti In Nigeria? / The Most Beautiful Restaurant In Lagos, Nigeria!!! / Learn How To Make White Lined Doughnuts, Doughnut Box And Churros

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.