Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,802 members, 7,827,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Please, Send Me To Prison, Man Begs Court - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please, Send Me To Prison, Man Begs Court (725 Views)

Man Begs As Lady Confronts Him For Sexually Harassing Her In A Bus In Lagos / “rich” Man Begs For Dear Life After Being Mobbed For Brutalizing A “poor” Man / Man Begs SARS To Arrest Him So He Can Test His Ijebu Juju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Send Me To Prison, Man Begs Court by agwom(m): 6:15pm On Oct 31, 2019
A 24-year-old man has begged a court in Akure, the Ondo state capital, to sentence him to prison. The 24-year-old scraper, Jummy Wasiu told the magistrate court, sitting at Oke – Eda, that he would be pleased if the court could sentence him to prison. The court, presided over by Magistrate O.R. Yakubu, consequently, sentenced him to two years imprisonment without an option of fine.

Wasiu was arraigned by the Police on two counts of burglary and stealing. According to the prosecution, the convict committed the offence on October 21, 2019 at about 2am at the Federal Housing Estate, Shagari Village, Zone V, Akure. He was said to have stolen Solar Panels, batteries and cables, valued at N250,000.

The offence contravened section 516, 509 and 390 of criminal code cap 37 volume 1, laws of Ondo State of Nigeria, 2006. The convict, who pleaded guilty to the allegation, had no lawyer to defend him. Police prosecutor, Mr. Augsutine Orihenimen, told the court that the convict had earlier told the investigating police officer (IPO), that he would not mind being jailed. Orihenimen said, since Wasiu had admitted committing the offence, the court should sentence him accordingly.

When the court asked him if he would go to prison, he answered “Yes.” Since the accused pleaded guilty to the allegation leveled against him, the court held that the convict actually committed the offence and sentenced him accordingly.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/please-send-me-to-prison-man-begs-court.html
Re: Please, Send Me To Prison, Man Begs Court by olasaad(f): 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2019
Lol guyman won go steal gold statue for prison

1 Like

Re: Please, Send Me To Prison, Man Begs Court by helinues: 6:23pm On Oct 31, 2019
olasaad:
Lol guyman won go steal gold statue for prison

Prison is better than police cell

1 Like

Re: Please, Send Me To Prison, Man Begs Court by Oblongata: 6:27pm On Oct 31, 2019
When you people will be blowing grammar upadan, I am sure dude just said yes, he probably didn’t know what he was told!

3 Likes

Re: Please, Send Me To Prison, Man Begs Court by EkwensuAmosu1: 6:31pm On Oct 31, 2019
[s]
helinues:

Prison is better than police cell
[/s]
Re: Please, Send Me To Prison, Man Begs Court by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 31, 2019
Oblongata:
When you people will be blowing grammar upadan, I am sure dude just said yes, he probably didn’t know what he was told!
the may be the truth, since he had no lawyer possibly nobody to interpret the jawbreaking grammar.

1 Like

Re: Please, Send Me To Prison, Man Begs Court by JonDon12: 6:36pm On Oct 31, 2019
Wow na so owu don blow for naija, person dey beg go Prison.
Re: Please, Send Me To Prison, Man Begs Court by dangoteinlaw: 8:52pm On Oct 31, 2019
Prison is way better than cell nah. Police misuse feeding budget but twice feeding is guaranteed in prison

2 Likes

Re: Please, Send Me To Prison, Man Begs Court by JonOlive: 11:48pm On Oct 31, 2019
Two conclusion:
1. Scofield loading... Expect a prison break soon.
2. Free accomodation, free plates of watery beans, and an opportunity to get a strong coaching on burgling for 2yrs.

My guy knows what he's doing
Re: Please, Send Me To Prison, Man Begs Court by landnewf: 1:38am On Nov 06, 2019
i'll

(1) (Reply)

Two Children Kill Their Sister's Baby In Edo(photos) / Bankers, Anayo Nwosu And Olajide Oshodi Jailed For N855M Fraud / Three Arrested For Stabbing 27-year-old Man To Death In Ogun State[GRAPHICS PHO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.