Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,725 members, 7,827,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Kwara Assembly Confirms Gov. Abdulrazaq’s Cabinet Nominees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara Assembly Confirms Gov. Abdulrazaq’s Cabinet Nominees (4604 Views)

How Cold War In Lagos APC Caused Rejection Of Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet Nominees / Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized / Kwara Assembly Revokes Alimi Chalet Acquired By Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwara Assembly Confirms Gov. Abdulrazaq’s Cabinet Nominees by HonMike: 11:25pm On Oct 31, 2019
Kwara State Assembly on Thursday confirmed all the 16 commissioner nominees forwarded to it by Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq.

That came three days after the lawmakers commenced the screening of the cabinet picks in what has been described as about the most thorough yet friendly confirmatory sessions in the state.

Speaker Salihu Yakubu Danladi said the nominees were confirmed following a three-day screening that saw the House asking them questions related to their backgrounds, expertise and track records as Kwarans.

“The nominees are hereby confirmed as commissioners (for Kwara State). We so resolve. I now direct the Clerk of the House to communicate this decision to the Governor,” Danladi said at the plenary after the House had earlier dissolved into a Committee of Whole.

The Thursday confirmation was preceded by screening of four nominees who were the last batch of the 16 appointees.

The nominees were Oyedun Julianna Funke (Isin); Agbaje Wahab Femi (Offa); Joanna Nnazua Kolo (Edu); and Arinola Fatimah Lawal (Ilorin East).

A seasoned educationist and women-rights advocate, Funke said the best strategy for Kwara to keep teachers in the hinterlands would be to pay rural teachers’ allowance to personnel who agree to serve in the villages.

She also called for free accommodation for such teachers and concerted efforts by the host communities to accommodate them in manners that make them comfortable to work and live there.

“If I find myself in the education ministry, I will ensure that we liaise with the communities to embrace the teachers and offer them the necessary support. We will also reintroduce or strengthen School Based Management Committees (SBMCs) to help in this regard,” she added.

“The idea of political officials influencing transfer of teachers should stop. Our children are the ones suffering. Once we give them these incentives and take away undue political influence, the teachers will stay.”

Femi, an administrator and grassroots politician, said Nigeria must never prioritise stomach infrastructure at the expense of physical infrastructural development.

“I believe there are other ways of compensating those who have done one thing or the other. But we definitely can’t play with physical infrastructure. Several Countries have left us behind because of our attitude to governance. Our problem is the lack of honest and altruistic leadership, or people who place public interest above personal interest,” he said.

He was later asked to bow and go following massive endorsements of his nomination by the lawmakers who recalled his contributions to the victory of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

26-year-old Kolo told the lawmakers that her nomination was a challenge for her to contribute to the development of the state, calling it a “a rare privilege to serve.”

“I thank God for this rare privilege to serve. It is not by my power or any personal effort. I also want to appreciate the Governor for the golden opportunity given to me to be here today,” Kolo said, her speech repeatedly interrupted by wild applause from the gallery.

She commended her party and community leaders “for their mentorship and support”.

Speaker Yakubu he was impressed by Kolo’s opening remarks which were rendered in flawless British English, urging her to represent “our (youth) constituency well”.

“You’ve got a lot of work to do. You can’t let us down as members of your Constituency,” Yakubu added, asking her to bow and go.

The final nominee was Arinola Lawal whose screening session was the most emotional as lawmakers took turns to praise the role of former Governor Mohammed Lawal — Arinola’s father — in the socioeconomic development and political struggle of Kwara.

She was ushered into the parliament amid loud praises of her father while the screening session was punctuated by shouts of ‘omo L’Aderin’ — one of the many cognomens of Arinola’s father whose tenure as Kwara Governor was the most memorable since 1999 when Nigeria returned to civilian rule.

Arinola, whose managerial experience spans tourism and hospitality sector, was later asked to bow and go as the session became emotional. She was the only nominee who did not say a word throughout the screening.

The Governor had sent a total of 16 nominees for confirmation as commissioners.

https://www.fidelinfo.com/2019/10/31/kwara-assembly-confirms-abdulrazaqs-cabinet-nominees/

1 Like

Re: Kwara Assembly Confirms Gov. Abdulrazaq’s Cabinet Nominees by angelEmade: 11:59pm On Oct 31, 2019
My only mission here is to become a nairaland celebrity and marry lalasticlala
We will invite you to the wedding... only if you can guess what kind of meat would be cooked! wink

3 Likes

Re: Kwara Assembly Confirms Gov. Abdulrazaq’s Cabinet Nominees by angelEmade: 12:00am On Nov 01, 2019
Please I am from Kwara. That building is not as beautiful as you see in the picture.

6 Likes

Re: Kwara Assembly Confirms Gov. Abdulrazaq’s Cabinet Nominees by Devilfriend(m): 1:18am On Nov 01, 2019
angelEmade:
We will invite you to the wedding... only if you can guess what kind of meat would be cooked! wink

Snakes �

1 Like

Re: Kwara Assembly Confirms Gov. Abdulrazaq’s Cabinet Nominees by donpapa(m): 5:32am On Nov 01, 2019
shocked
Re: Kwara Assembly Confirms Gov. Abdulrazaq’s Cabinet Nominees by Orissodiq: 5:33am On Nov 01, 2019
angelEmade:
Please I am from Kwara. That building is not as beautiful as you see in the picture.
Lol....

Re: Kwara Assembly Confirms Gov. Abdulrazaq’s Cabinet Nominees by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:37am On Nov 01, 2019
A new dawn for Kwarans.

God bless Kwara State.

God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara Assembly Confirms Gov. Abdulrazaq’s Cabinet Nominees by Foxman19: 5:37am On Nov 01, 2019
undecided despite that no body ask you question.
angelEmade:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Assembly Confirms Gov. Abdulrazaq’s Cabinet Nominees by Onlinealaba(m): 5:44am On Nov 01, 2019
The only good thing was including Lawal son..Kwara would have been a better state with him until the Saraki's hijacked it. Continue to rest on Mr Lawal some of Ur projects are still visible to us all
Check my signature and profile

1 Like

Re: Kwara Assembly Confirms Gov. Abdulrazaq’s Cabinet Nominees by Abeyjide: 5:49am On Nov 01, 2019
Hope they perform. God bless Omu aran God bless kwara and God bless Nigeria
Re: Kwara Assembly Confirms Gov. Abdulrazaq’s Cabinet Nominees by EkwensuAmosu1: 5:54am On Nov 01, 2019
[s]
post=83642681:
A new dawn for Kwarans.

God bless Kwara State.

God bless Nigeria.
[/s]
Re: Kwara Assembly Confirms Gov. Abdulrazaq’s Cabinet Nominees by Rahyberg(m): 6:03am On Nov 01, 2019
angelEmade:

Thanks for informing us. I have already make a comparison with OGHA complex.
Re: Kwara Assembly Confirms Gov. Abdulrazaq’s Cabinet Nominees by kasheemawo(m): 6:07am On Nov 01, 2019
Our south east brothers pushed Saraki to where he is today because of their support.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Assembly Confirms Gov. Abdulrazaq’s Cabinet Nominees by Bsmartt(m): 6:35am On Nov 01, 2019
I wish them a successful tenure as commissioners.
The work starts now!!!
Re: Kwara Assembly Confirms Gov. Abdulrazaq’s Cabinet Nominees by MrFourSHIRTS: 6:36am On Nov 01, 2019
Onlinealaba:
The only good thing was including Lawal son..Kwara would have been a better state with him until the Saraki's hijacked it. Continue to rest on Mr Lawal some of Ur projects are still visible to us all
Its still a wonder how Muhammad Lawal lost that election but in all, politics is a game hard to decide. Alot of choices comes into play.. After Lawal lost his election, his project were abandoned.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Assembly Confirms Gov. Abdulrazaq’s Cabinet Nominees by peteruuu(m): 7:08am On Nov 01, 2019
angelEmade:

Lol, yah. Me too.
I'm also here with you in Ilorin grin
Bad building with bad roads all over the area too. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Assembly Confirms Gov. Abdulrazaq’s Cabinet Nominees by Rasbel(m): 7:23am On Nov 01, 2019
November is here. It's our month o, soft month.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Assembly Confirms Gov. Abdulrazaq’s Cabinet Nominees by jayyem(m): 7:53am On Nov 01, 2019
Speaker Yakubu he was impressed by Kolo’s opening remarks which were rendered in flawless British English, urging her to represent “our (youth) constituency well”.
That speaker must be suffering from inferiority complex... One of the reasons we have incompetent ignoramus at the helms of affairs in this country.... A country where motivational speakers are mistaken for competent and experienced entities, just blow small grammar... Voila! It's all done. Many competent souls has been frustrated out of this country because of the way things are done here...no wonder the Indians, Chinese and country who have decided to embrace and retain their language and good part of their cultural values are ever forging ahead.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Assembly Confirms Gov. Abdulrazaq’s Cabinet Nominees by imam07: 8:17am On Nov 01, 2019
MrFourSHIRTS:
Its still a wonder how Muhammad Lawal lost that election but in all, politics is a game hard to decide. Alot of choices comes into play.. After Lawal lost his election, his project were abandoned.

if u were a civil servant during gov Lawal, u will know why he lost the election. He lost the election the same way bukola saraki lost.
Re: Kwara Assembly Confirms Gov. Abdulrazaq’s Cabinet Nominees by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 01, 2019
Onlinealaba:

You mean Lawal's daughter, right?

Because Lawal's son - Akeem - was only a governorship aspirant, not a commissioner nominee.
Re: Kwara Assembly Confirms Gov. Abdulrazaq’s Cabinet Nominees by highbee02: 9:20am On Nov 01, 2019
angelEmade:

Probably, u have not been there. u are seeing it on the pages of newspapers
Re: Kwara Assembly Confirms Gov. Abdulrazaq’s Cabinet Nominees by content208: 9:39am On Nov 01, 2019
angelEmade:

Stop your stupid daydreaming. Lalasticala is married with kids.
Re: Kwara Assembly Confirms Gov. Abdulrazaq’s Cabinet Nominees by MrFourSHIRTS: 12:12pm On Nov 03, 2019
imam07:
if u were a civil servant during gov Lawal, u will know why he lost the election. He lost the election the same way bukola saraki lost.
OK sir

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi And Labour Party Forged Our Documents - UK Crime Agency / Video : David Hundeyin Exposes Boko Haram Sponsors / Nigerian Arrested In Houston, Texas For Money Order Fraud. Emmauel Akioyamen.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.