Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,781 members, 7,827,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering (34196 Views)

Sarumi Babafemi 606: Mompha Joined In Fresh Charges Against Auto Dealer / James Nwagalezi Hacks Into Ecobank’s App, Withdraws N207 Million / Suspected Yahoo Boy, 606 Autos, EFCC Arrested At Club57 Cries Out From Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by Legendguru: 9:44pm On Nov 01, 2019
ohh
Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by shogsman(m): 10:15pm On Nov 01, 2019
At least this one has a night club and he sells cars,he started his business with yahoo money ,but it'll be foolish if he still do runs with all the investment he has made over the years.
Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 01, 2019
200 million naira is small money yet he's being reprimanded. Mumu.[s]
banjicom:
angry

Na small money na!

Not even up to 1 million dollars tongue
[/s]
Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by gnykelly(m): 11:05pm On Nov 01, 2019
SarkinYarki:

I don buy motor from am before and I been dey meet am for club DNA when I still dey dey club
you are wasting your legit money on clubbing... He dey use stolen money
Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by Nobody: 12:59am On Nov 02, 2019
ZombieTERROR:
When are they going to arrest Tinubu
The bullion van master

Efcc under Buhari is a joke

Something a whole country is asking after.

They can't even do it just to please the masses.

Shey, nah government of the people we dey operate ?
Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by andrewbaba44: 1:19am On Nov 02, 2019
nototribalist:
If you go to his Instagram page and see how he displays his fraud money, you will be depressed that you're not doing well in life

He doesnt display fraud money, stop saying what you dont know out of hate

He might not be innocent, but he sell cars, so how is that displaying fraud money?

Na wa for you oo
Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by linearity: 3:59am On Nov 02, 2019
nototribalist:
If you go to his Instagram page and see how he displays his fraud money, you will be depressed that you're not doing well in life

You know money laundering does not mean the money was gotten fraudulently?

Just that, he was re-channeling them to evade taxes & accountability.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by sofiscatedmoron: 5:37am On Nov 02, 2019
afonja and crime
Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by SachaBastien(m): 6:10am On Nov 02, 2019
The day I met this fellow I always knew there was something shady about him. I had my suspicion he was a "Yahoo boy". Appears there is this spirit the "Yahoo Yahoo" act leaves in them causing them to always appear disturbed and erratic even when they are calm. However, like I always say, he's Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. #StopMediaTrials.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by SachaBastien(m): 6:12am On Nov 02, 2019
linearity:

Evasion of taxes and accountability in itself is FRAUD.
Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by Petmax: 7:26am On Nov 02, 2019
Efcc is worth angry

... I sell cheap and affordable data
Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by nototribalist: 7:42am On Nov 02, 2019
linearity:

then let's call it tax fraud
Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by Emyo(m): 9:22am On Nov 02, 2019
jaxxy:
200m? Money laundering? Ok

The truth is EFCC charges are always like a joke. Never clear or transparent and always feels like
Bullying than rule of law.

This guy has 3 companies and doing business which may normally run into millions of naira.

I have been trying to see a better comment. Nigerians on nairaland doesn't know the meaning of his allerged crime
Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by Emyo(m): 9:23am On Nov 02, 2019
SachaBastien:
The day I met this fellow I always knew there was something shady about him. I had my suspicion he was a "Yahoo boy". Appears there is this spirit the "Yahoo Yahoo" act leaves in them causing them to always appear disturbed and erratic even when they are calm. However, like I always say, he's Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. #StopMediaTrials.

Stop, this news didn't mean he is doing yahoo
Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by Emyo(m): 9:24am On Nov 02, 2019
shogsman:
At least this one has a night club and he sells cars,he started his business with yahoo money ,but it'll be foolish if he still do runs with all the investment he has made over the years.

You don't know nothing
Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by Emyo(m): 9:28am On Nov 02, 2019
EFCC with half baked news. Tell us how he got the money, illegal? Or was he concealing to run away from tax?
Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by tomju(m): 9:46am On Nov 02, 2019
daddytime:
Low budget Mompha...

How do you expect to reap from a farm you never planted and enjoy the fruits therefrom without any repercussions?

It is always just a matter of time.

Low budget Toke...Low budget Mompha....low budget things trending grin grin
Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 02, 2019
jaxxy:
200m? Money laundering? Ok

The truth is EFCC charges are always like a joke. Never clear or transparent and always feels like
Bullying than rule of law.

This guy has 3 companies and doing business which may normally run into millions of naira.

That's how money laundering works: put up a legit front, while doing abracadabra behind the scenes. Why do you think there are so many stores on the island that hardly ever change their inventory, and you hardly see customers going in but their owners keep balling hard.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by linearity: 10:12am On Nov 02, 2019
SachaBastien:

Evasion of taxes and accountability in itself is FRAUD.

That distinction was obvious in my post. My post addresses the fact that money may not have been gotten fraudulently, despite the fact that what he is accused of, which is money laundering is fraud.

In fact most businesses that collect some form of cash are guilt, even in the USA; so am not surprise that a car salesman is doing.

Very often, when you visit your mechanic; he tells you that if you pay cash; you don’t have to pay taxes and VAT, if you do; both of you have engaged in fraudulent money laundering.

Everyone who has visited the local ‘mama put’ Resturate, eaten and did not pay VAT is also guilty of fraudulent money laundering and if FIRS chooses, they can come after both because though basic & unprocessed food are excepted VAT; mama put’s food though is basic, but are processed, same with slice bread.
Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by jaxxy(m): 10:16am On Nov 02, 2019
Bagehot:

That's how money laundering works: put up a legit front, while doing abracadabra behind the scenes. Why do you think there are so many stores on the island that hardly ever change their inventory, and you hardly see customers going in but their owners keep balling hard.

Thank you for this and yes u are right there are front companies bt this guy runs a car dealership and sells on a regular.

Cud be a front company for illicit funds and it may not and this u wud have to prove with an established case bt saying moving funds of 200m by 3 well runned companies is funny.
Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by CoolAmbience(m): 11:04am On Nov 02, 2019
fergieboy:
Nobody pure

Oga, na you nor pure.
Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by CoolAmbience(m): 11:05am On Nov 02, 2019
DameB:
That's like 500k dolls...

EFCC what of politicians na

Politicians are actually the worst hit.

https://www.nairaland.com/5505507/efcc-detains-16-kwara-lg
Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by DameB(f): 11:27am On Nov 02, 2019
CoolAmbience:

Politicians are actually the worst hit.

https://www.nairaland.com/5505507/efcc-detains-16-kwara-lg

Better. Hopefully our country gets to the level of South Korea in terms of accountability someday
Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by SachaBastien(m): 12:46pm On Nov 02, 2019
linearity:

That distinction was obvious in my post. My post addresses the fact that money may not have been gotten fraudulently, despite the fact that what he is accused of, which is money laundering is fraud.

In fact most businesses that collect some form of cash are guilt, even in the USA; so am not surprise that a car salesman is doing.

Very often, when you visit your mechanic; he tells you that if you pay cash; you don’t have to pay taxes and VAT, if you do; both of you have engaged in fraudulent money laundering.

Everyone who has visited the local ‘mama put’ Resturate, eaten and did not pay VAT is also guilty of fraudulent money laundering and if FIRS chooses, they can come after both because though basic & unprocessed food are excepted VAT; mama put’s food though is basic, but are processed, same with slice bread.
This lengthy and trashy stuff you wrote here clearly depicts you have no inkling of what money laundering is all about.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by linearity: 2:23pm On Nov 02, 2019
SachaBastien:

This lengthy and trashy stuff you wrote here clearly depicts you have no inkling of what money laundering is all about.

You must be out of your depths here, try looking the rule books.

Tax evasion is money laundering in progressive. If seasoned prosecutors add money laundering to all tax evasion cases, they will win the addition charge.

If you failed to pay tax in the amount of x dollars, and can be proven that you used x dollars or part of it to buy an asset; then you have laundered the ill gotten x dollars and hid it behind the asset....you are now guilty of two felony crimes
viz tax evasion & money laundering.

IRS have recognize this for a long time, and therefore add the money laundering charges to many tax evasion prosecution.

So, Yes if you visit mama put, and skip paying VAT on my meal, let’s say that amount to N20/each meal and use that money to buy gum....in its basic sense, you have evaded tax & laundered the money, but no one will come after you; because it’s so minute and we all do it; moreso it is wiser to use the scare investigative & prosecutorial resources to go after the big fishes.
Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by andrewbaba44: 5:42pm On Nov 04, 2019
This guy have been released as he just posted on Instagram
Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by Chummynoni(m): 11:42pm On Nov 04, 2019
[quote author=andrewbaba44 post=83740134]This guy have been released as he just posted on Instagram [/quo
he has a media analyst doing that for him. Most of these pple running outlets have personnels that do it for them

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by Stanchem029: 12:23am On Nov 05, 2019
andrewbaba44:
This guy have been released as he just posted on Instagram

Who deleted Mopha's Instagram account?
Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by andrewbaba44: 9:21am On Nov 05, 2019
Stanchem029:

Who deleted Mopha's Instagram account?

You have a point
Re: EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering by andrewbaba44: 9:23am On Nov 05, 2019
[quote author=Chummynoni post=83748011][/quote]

You have a point

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Started Robbing When I Was Seven – Suspect ( Photo) / 'Leave Yahoo Boys Alone, They Are Collecting Back Our Money' - Lady / Girl Accused Guy Of Rape After She Saw Him With Her Friend!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.