Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border (51937 Views)

Governor Wike Begs Buhari Government: Please Forgive Us / Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari / Osun Election - Davido Begs Buhari: 'You Are Man Of Integrity Sir, Please Do..' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by Problemkid1: 5:31pm On Nov 01, 2019
Nigeria’s West African neighbour, Ghana, has again begged the government of President Muhammadu Buhari to rescind its decision on the closure of the country’s land border as the effect of the border closure bites harder for Ghana and other West African neighbours.

Reports say that Charles Owiredu, Ghana’s deputy minister of foreign affairs, made the plea when he met with Ambassador Zubairu Dada in charge of foreign affairs in Nigeria.

It was learnt that at the meeting, the Ghanaian and Nigerian officials discussed strategies to ease the challenges faced by Ghana over the border closure by Nigeria.

The Ghanaian minister said the meeting was a follow-up to the previous one held with Nigeria and argued that the policy by Buhari’s government went against the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) protocol of free movement of goods.

But the Nigerian minister of state told the Ghanaian delegation that their country was not the target of the border closure.

He explained that the decision of the federal government to close the borders was to discourage the movement of illicit goods into the country.

He also said the government’s action was temporary. He also said the government took the decision to tackle the nation’s insecurity.

“The meeting agreed that in order to address the concerns raised by the Republic of Ghana, a census of vehicles coming into Nigeria from Ghana will be conducted to ascertain facts and collectively device means of giving them access into the country,” a statement from Dada’s office read.

https://www.independent.ng/again-ghana-begs-buhari-to-open-closed-border/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by Ttalk: 5:33pm On Nov 01, 2019
Problemkid1:
Nigeria’s West African neighbour, Ghana, has again begged the government of President Muhammadu Buhari to rescind its decision on the closure of the country’s land border as the effect of the border closure bites harder for Ghana and other West African neighbours.

Reports say that Charles Owiredu, Ghana’s deputy minister of foreign affairs, made the plea when he met with Ambassador Zubairu Dada in charge of foreign affairs in Nigeria.

It was learnt that at the meeting, the Ghanaian and Nigerian officials discussed strategies to ease the challenges faced by Ghana over the border closure by Nigeria.

The Ghanaian minister said the meeting was a follow-up to the previous one held with Nigeria and argued that the policy by Buhari’s government went against the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) protocol of free movement of goods.

But the Nigerian minister of state told the Ghanaian delegation that their country was not the target of the border closure.

HomeFeatured
Again, Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border
FEATUREDLATEST NEWS
By Agency Report On Nov 1, 2019

READ ALSO: Ghana’s Foreign Minister Urges Nigeria To Review Benin Border Closure
He explained that the decision of the federal government to close the borders was to discourage the movement of illicit goods into the country.

He also said the government’s action was temporary. He also said the government took the decision to tackle the nation’s insecurity.

“The meeting agreed that in order to address the concerns raised by the Republic of Ghana, a census of vehicles coming into Nigeria from Ghana will be conducted to ascertain facts and collectively device means of giving them access into the country,” a statement from Dada’s office read.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.independent.ng/again-ghana-begs-buhari-to-open-closed-border/&ved=2ahUKEwj5w-PjtMnlAhXGVsAKHTxlCLcQFjABegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw0d40JN52Dum6dn-Y7l5lpo

If not an insult why will Ghana that is less than 2 states in Nigeria be questioning our decision to close our border. Did we question thier policy of 1m dollar to operate retail business in their country? Where was their government when their touts were molesting our thriving business men for the past 4year?

Their wailing just started, that border will remain closed until 2050. Then next in line is to cut the gas supply to their country, if they think they can harass Nigerians in their country without repercussion, then they better come to reality that Nigeria has been pushed to the wall and the era of father Christmas and big brother is long gone. Nigeria is back to reclaim her glory and her foreign policy now placed Nigeria and Nigerian above other African country, we have learned our lesson with the way SA, that we championed her liberation from apartheid turned against Nigeria residents in SA

520 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by i08033463477: 5:35pm On Nov 01, 2019
Problemkid1 how are you? cheesy

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by beresponsible(m): 5:41pm On Nov 01, 2019
Na wetin? Charlie una no leave us in peace?

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by samorobo: 5:49pm On Nov 01, 2019
Hahahahaha stewpid ghanians with all your mouth and empty cheat beating see your life...you go beg us lick our ass we no go still free...

That border will closed till 2080... petrodola come for my head ooo grin grin grin

138 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by netpro(m): 5:52pm On Nov 01, 2019
After Ghanaians will be running their mouths.

Why are they crying more than our immediate neighbors?

212 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by ojun50(m): 5:52pm On Nov 01, 2019
Open wetin, abeg I dey enjoy am like dis

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by tashashiel(f): 5:56pm On Nov 01, 2019
If i hear say naija no be giant of Africa

184 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by samorobo: 6:03pm On Nov 01, 2019
You guys should come and comments so this thread will hit front pages....I want to see the wailing wailers cry

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by Carmit(m): 6:20pm On Nov 01, 2019
Hahaha
Ghana ko poly bag ni grin

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by Carmit(m): 6:21pm On Nov 01, 2019
i08033463477:
Problemkid1 how are you? cheesy
You this dude again! grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by Depressed101: 6:25pm On Nov 01, 2019
I'm waiting for that Ghanaian guy that always comment screenshots bla bla of how Ghana dont really care.. grin

168 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by ursullalinda(f): 6:25pm On Nov 01, 2019
Lol....seniority dey swt oh.....now they don humble

60 Likes

Re: Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by helinues: 6:30pm On Nov 01, 2019
GUTA abi na GUTTER una see una life outside

I read that Nana gave some Ghanaian drivers who are stranded at Benin border some money.

We are only testing the water

Our borders remain partially closed

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by Problemkid1: 6:49pm On Nov 01, 2019
samorobo:
Hahahahaha stewpid ghanians with all your mouth and empty cheat beating see your life...you go beg us lick our ass we no go still free...

That border will closed till 2080... petrodola come for my head ooo grin grin grin
The border will remain closed till world ends grin grin

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by Jman06(m): 6:56pm On Nov 01, 2019
Our borders remain closed please!

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by justtoodark: 7:16pm On Nov 01, 2019
borders remain closed....
fvck them mini african states....

20 Likes

Re: Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by wwwihy: 7:20pm On Nov 01, 2019
Before now, some Nigerians will be making reference to Ghana... Ghana this, Ghana that...
If Nigeria withdraw all their students and Nigeria acedemics in Ghana, the educational system of that country will collapse

262 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by netpro(m): 7:22pm On Nov 01, 2019
Funny how all these Ghanaians on now very silent.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by Multiplier7(m): 7:42pm On Nov 01, 2019
netpro:
Funny how all these Ghanaians on now very silent.

Watch out for them o. Let me give you their names

Just30
Chrisgyei
Vaxx
Vass2 or Vaxx2
Mumudom aka Generatogeria

These ones are too proud to remain silent

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by EkwensuAmosu1: 7:54pm On Nov 01, 2019
[s]
helinues:
GUTA abi na GUTTER una see una life outside

I read that Nana gave some Ghanaian drivers who are stranded at Benin border some money.

We are only testing the water
[/s]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by GENERATOGERIA: 7:59pm On Nov 01, 2019
You should be worried about your country. Stop talking trash,huh? Ghana is doing fine and your people are arriving here in their thousands despite the “border closure “. How are these nigerians able to pass through a “closed border?”

Fuckeduppedness I can’t believe nigerians think not allowing a couple of Ghanaian trucks to enter their country will collapse the Ghanaian economy grin very foolish reasoning, if you ask me. By the time your generator-powered economy zooms into recession, na that time una eyes go clear grin

Multiplier7:

Didn't I tell you

The idiot have landed already but I don't have his time today.

Today is Friday. Grooving day.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by Young03(m): 8:25pm On Nov 01, 2019
GENERATOGERIA:
You should be worried about your country. Stop talking trash,huh? Ghana is doing fine and your people are arriving here in their thousands despite the “border closure “. How are these nigerians able to pass through a “closed border?”

Fuckeduppedness I can’t believe nigerians think not allowing a couple of Ghanaian trucks to enter their country will collapse the Ghanaian economy grin very foolish reasoning, if you ask me. By the time your generator-powered economy zooms into recession, na that time una eyes go clear grin

And I don't know how locking shops belongings to Nigerians in Ghana will affect Nigeria and it's economy

262 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by GENERATOGERIA: 8:34pm On Nov 01, 2019
Of course it won’t affect Nigeria and its fast-growing economy. But I hope you won’t send a powerful delegation to Accra as you did the last time it happened. Fuckeduppedness

Young03:

And I don't know how locking shops belongings to Nigerians in Ghana will affect Nigeria and it's economy

6 Likes

Re: Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by Badb0y4lyf(m): 8:54pm On Nov 01, 2019
No country In the world shuts its border to its Neighboring country even USA to Mexico or Porto Rico this policy isn’t favorable in the long run

2 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border by ForeThinker: 8:55pm On Nov 01, 2019
Make una Hold on small naa.,..abi local Ghanaian canut can again in Ghana..

LoL

38 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Much Did It Cost Ambode To Build These Flyover-bridges? (see PHOTOS) / Nigerian Soldier Killed 14 Boko Haram Terrorists Before He Was Killed / Ongoing Construction Work At Yaba Bus-stop (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.