Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,347 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

His, Hers Or Ours? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His, Hers Or Ours? (10661 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

His, Hers Or Ours? by iyawoalaba: 5:27pm On Nov 02, 2019
His, Hers and Ours?

By: IyawoAlaba

In secondary school, there was a time my parents had about 4 cars. One day, someone asked me, "which cars are for your dad and which ones for your mum?" I was confused! That was the first time I came across the school of thought that some things are for the husband and some for the wife. In my innocence I replied, "all the cars are for my parents."

At another time, my husband and I were chatting with some undergraduates on a campus and one of the ladies said that it's generally believed and said that 'he' money is our money but 'she' money is my money!

These two scenarios beg the question; what does the Bible say?

Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. Genesis 2:24. (Check out Matthew 19:5-6, Ephesians 5:25-33)

God sees the husband and wife as one flesh! They become one. Only a crazy man will say, "this home theater belongs to half of me, while the deep freezer belongs to the other half of my body!

There is also the issue of married couples having separate bedrooms. I am still trying to wrap my head around how one flesh will sleep in two different bedrooms at the same time!

Another common thing among many others that fights against God's concept of one flesh in marriage is the issue of 'privacy!' So a man/woman puts a password on his/her phone( which is not a bad thing especially if you have kids like mine!) but the spouse doesn't know the password nor pick the phone when it rings or beeps.
Genesis 2:25 says And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.

The word 'naked' also depicts that they had no secrets from each other. Neither had any skeleton in the cupboard that they were ashamed of. Yes, this was before the fall. Before the first Adam fell and we all fell in him. The good news is that the second Adam (Christ) came, did the will of the Father in restoring us to Him because no sin was found in Him!1Corinthians 15:45-49.

Marriage is God's idea. He has a blue print for it as found in the scripture. You can't go in with your own rules. If you do, at best you would have a seemingly okay marriage which will not glorify God nor cause Christ to be formed in you or at worst, a crashed marriage. Choose to do it God's way.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by okirewaju(f): 5:30pm On Nov 02, 2019
Alright
Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by donbachi(m): 5:38pm On Nov 02, 2019
if na d woman own...na her own...when na d man own,na our own.

3 Likes

Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by bukatyne(f): 5:43pm On Nov 02, 2019
iyawoalaba:

In secondary school, there was a time my parents had about 4 cars. One day, someone asked me, "which cars are for your dad and which ones for your mum?" I was confused! That was the first time I came across the school of thought that some things are for the husband and some for the wife. In my innocence I replied, "all the cars are for my parents."

At another time, my husband and I were chatting with some undergraduates on a campus and one of the ladies said that it's generally believed and said that 'he' money is our money but 'she' money is my money!

Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. Genesis 2:24. (Check out Matthew 19:5-6, Ephesians 5:25-33)

God sees the husband and wife as one flesh! They become one. Only a crazy man will say, "this home theater belongs to half of me, while the deep freezer belongs to the other half of my body!

There is also the issue of married couples having separate bedrooms. I am still trying to wrap my head around how one flesh will sleep in two different bedrooms at the same time!

Another common thing among many others that fights against God's concept of one flesh in marriage is the issue of 'privacy!' So a man/woman puts a password on his/her phone( which is not a bad thing especially if you have kids like mine!) but the spouse doesn't know the password nor pick the phone when it rings or beeps.
Genesis 2:25 says And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.

The word 'naked' also depicts that they had no secrets from each other. Neither had any skeleton in the cupboard that they were ashamed of. Yes, this was before the fall. Before the first Adam fell and we all fell in him. The good news is that the second Adam (Christ) came, did the will of the Father in restoring us to Him because no sin was found in Him!1Corinthians 15:45-49.

Marriage is God's idea. He has a blue print for it as found in the scripture. You can't go in with your own rules. If you do, at best you would have a seemingly okay marriage which will not glorify God nor cause Christ to be formed in you or at worst, a crashed marriage. Choose to do it God's way.

kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by nlPoster: 5:43pm On Nov 02, 2019
Some people understand this writeup?

4 Likes

Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by LewsTherin: 6:19pm On Nov 02, 2019
Never been able to understand how I could be married to someone and both our resources are not used for US.

Can't fathom that

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by LoudlyMouthed: 6:27pm On Nov 02, 2019
Ours grin

2 Likes

Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by Freemanbobble: 8:25pm On Nov 02, 2019
ikorodureporta:
Help! abeg I don overscratch this N1k glo card. abt 3 numbers dey miss. Way forward pls!

Hahahaha
You don enter one chance
Glo na the most useless network
First of all call customer care with 121
If them answer you
Probably them go request for the serial number before them go say make you try call out the pin number you can see
If you are unable to call for them some reasonable pin
They might ask you to take it to their office
When you get there they will be telling you story on how the "platform for recharge card issues is down"
And if luckily the platform is not down
They will take the card from you and promise you it will be resolved and your number will be recharged
My guy
You nor go hear from them again
I swear

Na wetin them do me be that uptill now i still dey wait for my 1500 card that i overscratched. One five hundred naira card plus another one thousand naira own
They took it from me but i never hear from them for almost three weeks now
I call them they said they are still working on it

8 Likes

Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by SolarRen(m): 8:25pm On Nov 02, 2019
Theres no general rule. Couples should just stick with what works for them

8 Likes

Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 02, 2019
In a decent marriage, it's ours.

2 Likes

Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by Daviddson(m): 8:26pm On Nov 02, 2019
It's supposed to be 'ours' not 'his' or hers....
I don't have energy for epistle.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by Fountainofyouth(f): 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2019
Never forget that some traditional men will never allow their wife to contribute so much as a pin in the marriage, the continuous complaint is becoming irritating, what is not okay in some families is okay in other families, some men like to own everything, everyone is allowed to do what works for them.

5 Likes

Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by ednut1(m): 8:28pm On Nov 02, 2019
Marriage existed in many places before xtianity . The scriptures and today's reality too differ. So go sleep

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 02, 2019
The four cars are for your father that's why the ownership was dual I wish your mom bought any one you for know her own

9 Likes

Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by ikorodureporta: 8:30pm On Nov 02, 2019
Help! abeg I don overscratch this N1k glo card. abt 3 numbers dey miss. Way forward pls!
Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by CHoccolaTE: 8:35pm On Nov 02, 2019
You men should get ready to start submitting to your wives and obeying them since you want them to provide for you.

2 Likes

Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by asahnwaKC: 8:35pm On Nov 02, 2019
Bcus of our tradition and culture some Times it's best the woman have some as hers...incase wahala tomorrow make she no go empty handed

4 Likes

Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by Bossontop(m): 8:36pm On Nov 02, 2019
undecided
Well guys this is anoda red flag ooo...... Dont say i didn't teh u

Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by Kendumazy(m): 8:38pm On Nov 02, 2019
OK
Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by DMerciful(m): 8:39pm On Nov 02, 2019
Marriage is not as complicated as you guys make it. In marriage, everybody should respect themselves and their boundaries and everybody go dey alright.
Love and understanding conquers all.

8 Likes

Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by frozen70g(f): 8:48pm On Nov 02, 2019
iyawoalaba:
His, Hers and Ours?

By: IyawoAlaba

Well properties in marriage belongs to the couple but you as a man will not be too free to use any property bought by a woman and with a woman's money

Women tends to be over protective of what belongs to them more than men do

But then for you to enjoy and make claims to a property bought by your wife, that means you have made up your mind from day one not to hurt her in any way

You have made her happiness and love, your priority

You are ready to defend and protect her before your family

Having done these things, you can claim that it's for the family and she won't react

But you have to be very careful and extremely careful with the way you handles it

4 Likes

Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by helinues: 9:12pm On Nov 02, 2019
Ok
Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by PheelzAlmighty: 9:13pm On Nov 02, 2019
Let us wait for the elders...
Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by MountainView: 9:16pm On Nov 02, 2019
Please I'm looking for an Investor for my Tech Start-up.
Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by ikorodureporta: 9:17pm On Nov 02, 2019
Freemanbobble:

Hahahaha
You don enter one chance
If them answer you
Probably them go request for the serial number before them go say make you try call out the pin number you can see
When you get there they will be telling you story on how the "platform for recharge card issues is down"
They will take the card from you and promise you it will be resolved and your number will be recharged
My guy
I swear

Na wetin them do me be that uptill now i still dey wait for my 1500 card that i overscratched

cheesy na wa

1 Like

Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by KraticKratus: 9:19pm On Nov 02, 2019
Abeg face your own marriage make I face mine. Amebo.
Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by Mastermindx: 9:23pm On Nov 02, 2019
Freemanbobble:

Hahahaha
You don enter one chance
If them answer you
My guy
I swear

Na wetin them do me be that uptill now i still dey wait for my 1500 card that i overscratched

Does glo sell N1500 card?
Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by Freemanbobble: 9:28pm On Nov 02, 2019
Mastermindx:

Does glo sell N1500 card?

Na separate card
I know say you must ask
Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by Kapilta(m): 9:28pm On Nov 02, 2019
Why don't you just post it in the christian section instead. Or you forget non christians too get married and the bible doesn't apply to us all.

Mtcheeeew.

1 Like

Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by MrVegina(m): 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2019
[s]
helinues:
Ok
[/s]
Re: His, Hers Or Ours? by CanadaOrBust: 9:43pm On Nov 02, 2019
How about other 612 laws in the Bible? How come it is only the marriage tenet u r interested in following to the letter (which, by the way, includes that your husband can divorce u simply for not being a virgin when he married u)

Marriage must be according to Yahweh's laws. (Deuteronomy 24:1)

Should a man die childless, his brother must either marry the widow. (Deuteronomy 25:5-6)

A man who violates a virgin must pay the bride price, marry her if her father permits, and may never divorce her. (Deuteronomy 22:29)
(This is the penalty for raping a virgin!)

A woman's father may utterly refuse to give his daughter to a man even though he pays the bride price. (Exodus 22:16-17)

Divorce can only be for the cause of premarital fornication by the bride. (Deuteronomy 24:1-4)
(Your husband can divorce you for it, but u can’t)

A woman suspected of adultery must submit to the required test. (Numbers 5:12-15)
(And if found guilty, stoned to death! Only women, not men)

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. / Two Months After Wedding, No Sex. Help! / Know Your Spouse Personals':- Score Yourself!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.