Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Schooling In Finland?: Please Help - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Schooling In Finland?: Please Help (1558 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Schooling In Finland?: Please Help by Nobody: 1:15am On Nov 14, 2010
Hello All,

Please I need help with processing my movement to Finland, On the site I saw they are asking 30000 Euros for Health Insurance, Is this possible,  Please if you are schooling in Finland( Bachelors Degree) and you wrote entrance exam, Please what kind of visa did you apply for at first and how long is it valid for,

Please help me out here as I'm getting ready to write Toefl or Ielts,
Re: Schooling In Finland?: Please Help by Nobody: 1:26am On Nov 15, 2010
Is there no one schooling in Finland on NL?
Re: Schooling In Finland?: Please Help by capiti: 9:20am On Nov 16, 2010
yeah you will need health insuranse but u will get that at aico insurance for 30k. entrance exam in ghana, toefl score of 79 and you will apply for student resident prmits. then you are good to go. i am a student in finland studying international business.
Re: Schooling In Finland?: Please Help by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 17, 2010
capiti:

yeah you will need health insuranse but u will get that at aico insurance for 30k. entrance exam in ghana, toefl score of 79 and you will apply for student resident prmits. then you are good to go. i am a student in finland studying international business.

@ Capiti,

I really appreciate your response, I thought there was no one on NL studying in Finland.I guess ther are not much, Please I'd like you to help me through the process till Im there finally, I believe by God's grace that I'll make it like you,

I am ready to take my English Test but I want to take it in December.So I'll have enough preparation before I take it.I'd really love to take Toefl but the registration hassels is too much, I dont want to involve anyone or agent or centre in my registration.I'd like to take the normal way to write the exam, Please can you help me on that?, I prefer toefl because its Internet Based Test though Toefl is more expensive than IELTS

If I cant get through with toefl I will opt for ielts because its more straightforward and the test will be writen at British Council Ikoyi but I dont like it because its in Pen and Paper, Please advise me on this Bro,

The insurance scared me oooo, I was wondering where I'll get 30k Euros.Thank God you're here to help me out.I thought the entrace exam will be in Finland, Please how does the exam look like? Is it difficult??

Please how much did you show as supppot wen applying for permit?, I just dropped out of sweden because they require 5M in my account which I cant get,

I am truly sorry if Ive written too much and I'll be very happy if you respond to my many questions, I just dont wanna miss my way.Thanks Bro.Expecting ur reply.
Re: Schooling In Finland?: Please Help by wemimo4u: 8:40am On Nov 17, 2010
U can't pass ielts if u study for less than 3months, dont waste ur money toelf is ur way. i have two silbings studing in finland so i know all about it. call me 4 more info 08034115513 i will help u from toelf to airport.
Re: Schooling In Finland?: Please Help by capiti: 10:08am On Nov 17, 2010
@ choose4me
Well i think toefl is the best option now but know that if u dont make the toefl by december you may likely miss the admission because 4 you to resit toefl, you should have spent one month from your previous attempt. But i think u can get the minimum of 79 which is the required score 4 admision in finland. For finland student resident permit, you need to show that you can support your studies for one year which is about 1.2million naira in your personal bank account. And i will like you to know that they accept only 6 banks in nigeria. Concerning the entrance exam, it is not that difficult but you will need to choose like 4 school in finland for admission and only the first option will invite you 4 the entrance exam. if u need more information, do not hesitate to cntact me. my mail is talk2stanleymail@yahoo.com i would have given u my phone number but u know naija.
Re: Schooling In Finland?: Please Help by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 17, 2010
wemimo4u:

U can't pass ielts if u study for less than 3months, dont waste your money toelf is your way. i have two silbings studing in finland so i know all about it. call me 4 more info 08034115513 i will help u from toelf to airport.

@ Wemimo,

Thanks alot,

capiti:

@ choose4me
Well i think toefl is the best option now but know that if u dont make the toefl by december you may likely miss the admission because 4 you to resit toefl, you should have spent one month from your previous attempt. But i think u can get the minimum of 79 which is the required score 4 admision in finland. For finland student resident permit, you need to show that you can support your studies for one year which is about 1.2million naira in your personal bank account. And i will like you to know that they accept only 6 banks in nigeria. Concerning the entrance exam, it is not that difficult but you will need to choose like 4 school in finland for admission and only the first option will invite you 4 the entrance exam. if u need more information, do not hesitate to cntact me. my mail is talk2stanleymail@yahoo.com i would have given u my phone number but u know naija.

@ Capiti,

Thanks, Everyone seems to confirm Toefl is a better option so I'll go for it.Gods Willing I'll take the Toefl in December and I'll not need to resit, I'll score above 79 by God's Grace, Should I get admission I'll be able to come up with the 1.2M, Much easier than 5M required by sweden.Yea I'm aware of the banks they accept.I've become very familiar with their website so much, I use GTB and its listed on their site, Good to hear the entrance exam isnt so difficult, Please what kinda questions are they, ?Logical or are they based on the intented course of study, I guess the first step is to get my toefl score then we'll know how to deal with the entrance exam, I actually thought the entrance exam will be written in Finland.lol.

I sure do need more infimation, Thanks a million for the help so far.I'll send you an email now and I do hope you can gimme your number privately.I tried searching ya on fb with the email but didnt work,

So Please how do I register for toefl, How did you do yours, I reside in Lagos, How long have you been in finland?, Have you got a job yet?, How the pay?, You can tell me these via email if Im not getting to inquisitive lol,

(1) (Reply)

Dana Air Air Craft Just Crash Landed Around Alagbado Area Of Lagos. / British Born Johnny Akinyemi To Represent Nigeria In Canoeing At London Olympics / Which Are The Best Tourist Places To Visit In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.