Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,874 members, 7,828,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka (10148 Views)

ICPC Clears The Air On Media Report Surrounding Abuja Property's Raid / Governor Soludo Receives Obi Cubana In Government House Awka (Photos) / Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by anambrang: 8:37am On Nov 03, 2019
Our attention has been drawn to the false and malicious report in the media attributed to the Governor of Anambra State, His Excellency, Chief Willie Obiano, claiming that evil spirits had invaded Government House, Awka.

That report is totally untrue, mischievous and misleading. It should therefore be ignored by the general public.

The first thing to note is that Governor Obiano was not anywhere near the venue of the Prayer Rally event where the report claimed the statement was made.

The second thing is that investigation has shown that the comment is a mischievous interpretation of a prayer point raised by Rt Rev. Prosper Amah of Ogbaru Diocese of the Anglican Communion while praying against the challenges facing the nation in general and Anambra State in particular with reference to the recent petrol tanker fire outbreaks.

Bishop Amah said the prayer during the annual Prayer Rally of Anambra State (APRAS) held at Ekwueme square, Awka, directly ascribing the spate of fire disasters to the manipulations of evil spirits and some evil people in the society.

He observed that no place was spared of evil as there were evil people everywhere, even in government. But at no time in his prayer did he make any reference to evil spirits inhabiting the Government House Awka.

Following the thread of Bishop Amah's prayer therefore, the Secretary to the Government of Anambra State (SSG) Prof Solo Chukwulobelu who represented the Governor at the event, enjoined the Church to pray against those planning evil for Anambra State.

Prof Chukwulobelu also used the opportunity to assure the people that the government of Anambra State had rolled out policies that would help to forestall such fire outbreaks in the future and to strengthen the response speed of the agencies responsible for handling emergency in the state.

The report claiming that Governor Obiano had raised alarm about the presence of evil spirits in the government house is therefore false, sensational, malicious and misleading. It should be ignored without second thoughts.

Thank you

James Eze
Chief Press Secretary

Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by ursullalinda(f): 8:49am On Nov 03, 2019
Hope this is not damage control?....but that news sounded funny and annoying @ the same time....May be I will join them to say video evidence or idonbelieve it.....because Willie is a failure and he can say such

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 03, 2019
Damage control for gullible minds.
All I read was that the drunk of a governor through his SSG solicited the prayers of Anambra people against evil spirits he saw at govt house after gulping down some bottles of aromatic shnapp. Fulls top. undecided

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 03, 2019
More like after sleeping the drink has cleared.

Odinma

3 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by netpro(m): 9:18am On Nov 03, 2019
His eyes are clear now.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by nzeobi(m): 9:29am On Nov 03, 2019
the evil spirit is the reason why obiano drink anyhow and travels to usa at short notice

9 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by Nkatty5: 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2019
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by AmazingELixir: 4:53pm On Nov 03, 2019
grin grin grin

Season of denials

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by jackpot(f): 4:53pm On Nov 03, 2019
That news must have embarrassed the Governor grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by somalianprince: 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2019
Good explanation
Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by englishmart(m): 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2019
Nigerian army denies identification brouhaha. Buhari denies over travelling.
USA denies killing Osama.
Me deny getting my gf preg.
Obiano and his friends deny evil spirit in govt.house comment.
I will surely deny posting this if it causes any...

5 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by favour32(m): 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2019
Dem say the governor na shakis man.
Na tru?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2019
We are in an era of our leaders saying something and later coming out to debunk it.

Take the Nigeria army for example

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2019
The mmanya don clear

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by Ayoswit(f): 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2019
I knew he said that under the influence of alcohol grin

3 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by Samiy4life: 4:56pm On Nov 03, 2019
too bad
Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by Goldencheese(m): 4:57pm On Nov 03, 2019
OK
Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by IMAliyu(m): 4:58pm On Nov 03, 2019
At the very least Nigerian politics and news never gets boring... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 03, 2019
Naso
Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by Rahyberg(m): 5:00pm On Nov 03, 2019
Evil spirits everywhere.. The evil spirits kingdom will soon debunk this news.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by koffsman(m): 5:01pm On Nov 03, 2019
When will our leaders stop making Nigeria a joke of the world why are they so stupid always acting stupidly if he had nothing to do with it why defend so tomorrow now he will Come again and say something else we have other important issues to be attended to they are busy attending to irrelevant issues this country is dead

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by Bashirkareem31: 5:03pm On Nov 03, 2019
anambrang:
Our attention has been drawn to the false and malicious report in the media attributed to the Governor of Anambra State, His Excellency, Chief Willie Obiano, claiming that evil spirits had invaded Government House, Awka.

That report is totally untrue, mischievous and misleading. It should therefore be ignored by the general public.

The first thing to note is that Governor Obiano was not anywhere near the venue of the Prayer Rally event where the report claimed the statement was made.

The second thing is that investigation has shown that the comment is a mischievous interpretation of a prayer point raised by Rt Rev. Prosper Amah of Ogbaru Diocese of the Anglican Communion while praying against the challenges facing the nation in general and Anambra State in particular with reference to the recent petrol tanker fire outbreaks.

Bishop Amah said the prayer during the annual Prayer Rally of Anambra State (APRAS) held at Ekwueme square, Awka, directly ascribing the spate of fire disasters to the manipulations of evil spirits and some evil people in the society.

He observed that no place was spared of evil as there were evil people everywhere, even in government. But at no time in his prayer did he make any reference to evil spirits inhabiting the Government House Awka.

Following the thread of Bishop Amah's prayer therefore, the Secretary to the Government of Anambra State (SSG) Prof Solo Chukwulobelu who represented the Governor at the event, enjoined the Church to pray against those planning evil for Anambra State.

Prof Chukwulobelu also used the opportunity to assure the people that the government of Anambra State had rolled out policies that would help to forestall such fire outbreaks in the future and to strengthen the response speed of the agencies responsible for handling emergency in the state.

The report claiming that Governor Obiano had raised alarm about the presence of evil spirits in the government house is therefore false, sensational, malicious and misleading. It should be ignored without second thoughts.

Thank you

James Eze
Chief Press Secretary

I don't know how true it is o,but I can categorically say that evil spirit is truly in existence as I and my colleague are currently experiencing it at our work place.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by Patrioticman007(m): 5:03pm On Nov 03, 2019
Devil, was waiting for Obiano to come back from the prayer ground.
Devil: Obiano, Since you don't need my powers any more, just return my powers & wealth.
Obiano: I never said those statements please, forgive me.
Devil: where was the prayer ground, when you rushed to me.
Obiano: you know, we need to disguise the truth for your kingdom to grow.
Obiano: Devil I will, issue a statement denying the earlier, comments. Bros D.
Devil: hahah hahahah, let me tell you this, the prayer ground, is filled with my powers, I perform their miracle's for them. Mankind will always baffle me, with their hypocrisy.

Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by Gudguyz(m): 5:03pm On Nov 03, 2019
Nawaooo

For your power Solution:
Solar and Inverter installations Call or What's app Sunmax Solar & Electronics shop.For details pls check my profile.Thanks
Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by showafrica(m): 5:06pm On Nov 03, 2019
anambrang:

Thank you

James Eze
Chief Press Secretary

Too much buzz is not good...

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by Jaynom(m): 5:07pm On Nov 03, 2019
You guys that get your news from OPERA MINI undecided
Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by slimchimex(m): 5:07pm On Nov 03, 2019
Next

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by Monter1: 5:12pm On Nov 03, 2019
Obiano the drunkard

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by Dozzywest(m): 5:12pm On Nov 03, 2019
It is a wicked generation that twists truths to suit their evil intentions.
Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by AtikuNetwork: 5:12pm On Nov 03, 2019
The news really caused Obiano a lot of embarrassment so one cannot blame him for recanting it.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka by Sunofgod(m): 5:14pm On Nov 03, 2019
Useless drunk press secretary!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Begins Probe Of Fuel Scarcity / Yorubas And Hausas Fight in Lagos: But Igbos Is Trending See Snapshot / Herdsmen Attack: Enugu students reject call for reprisal, laud Ugwuanyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.