Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Who Killed Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Killed Lagos (930 Views)

Uncertified Contractor Installed Elevator That Killed Lagos Doctor — Medical Gui / Nnamdi KANU Killer Squad who killed Prophet Nwoko Exposed - Photo / Gunman Who Killed DSS Operative Arrested While Fleeing To Cameroon. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Killed Lagos by kettykin: 12:06pm On Nov 03, 2019
Lagos is locked down. People sleep in traffic. There are no roads and where there seem to be, their bad conditions have hindered movements. The average Lagosian is a victim. Every road is a pot hole and if you want to make a choice, it would be which pothole is deeper and how would you avoid deeper potholes. But there are no smooth roads anymore.

Lagos has been murdered and it didn’t just happen. Only that now, it’s burial is getting completed. The problem with Lagos is the offshoot of failed promises handed down by subsequent governments at federal and state levels. The politicians say one thing and mean another. They make promises bearing in mind that they would never execute them. They make political statements on how to fix the dilapidated port access roads, yet the nation’s business gateway suffers from the same problem. And how do I know? I know because my office is located in the midst of the chaos; the chaos visited upon Lagos by politicians of yester-years and today who lied to Nigerians about what they planned to do for the people. How many tank farms are located around the ports and who owns them? Now, the owners of the tank farms and other trailer-related businesses are the people that destroyed Lagos. Some are past leaders. Others are current leaders and they are bigger than Nigeria and other Nigerians. They may be four or five; six or eight but they are selfish and care about themselves and not about others. The destiny of over 120 million

Nigerians are in the hands of these few people and because of them, an entire city is ruined; because of them, other businesses have been asked to go to hell; because of them, other road users have been asked to move to Siberia because the businesses of the few Nigerians located around the ports come first and these are the real owners of the roads. Others have been told they have no business living or operating around the area. We heard from the grapevine that even Nigerian Ports Authority will soon have to relocate and those in charge mean business. Politicians past and present were consistently promising to end the protracted gridlock in Oshodi-Apapa and around the ports.

The current governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu promised to end it within 60 days in office. But the truth is: the gridlocks have just matured to a new level. Sanwo-Olu has denied promising to end the gridlock in 60 days. The presidency and its task force on the gridlock have also failed. In fact, it’s as if the presidency is not being told the truth about what is going on in Apapa ports and its environs. From all indications, it’s also obvious that Governor Sanwo-Olu does not understand the problem.

As long as the tank farms and the tank-farmers are the untouchable Nigerians, that problem will never be solved. Why would any government approve so many tank-farms to be located within a small community causing thousands of containers to flood the area and the entire Lagos? What happened to the trailer parks in Lagos and other places and why are there not enough? Why are the trailers refusing to park where they should and prefer blocking the roads? Why are they untouchable? Why are the terminal operators and the NPA which are responsible for the provision of holding bays and which collect holding bay fees so loud in their silence? The federal government should do something about the problem in conjunction with the business men who are holding our nation captive and creating economic issues.

Why was the land earmarked for trailer park at Orile converted to a housing scheme? A state like Lagos which habours four ports and control 80% of the cargoes that come into the country should at least have enough trailer parks to keep them off the roads. When President Buhari ordered operators of trucks and tankers to vacate the ports access roads within 72 hours, nobody knows the report he was given. Perhaps they told him there’s now a free access from Oshodi to the ports but that would be a blatant lie. The situation is worse and the suffering has spread all over Lagos and is now compounded by bad roads everywhere. Each time one thinks something was about to happen, things would suddenly turn worse and one is hit with the truth that the situation would never change. We should face reality.

There are many interests on the access roads to the ports and because of the problems, the entire Lagos is affected. There are tankers and containers everywhere to service the greed of businessmen and politicians who own the businesses around the ports. Believe it or not, the Lagos situation has become an embarrassment to Nigeria. Lagos has become a freedom square for the operators of tankers and containers. They are above any law that governs a sane society. The business owners are big men who tower over the whole nationand because of them, Lagos is what it is today and things don’t seem likely to change in the nearest future. Eko o ni baje o

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/11/who-killed-lagos/

Lagosians are now Wailing wailers
Re: Who Killed Lagos by kettykin: 12:06pm On Nov 03, 2019
Please this was culled from vanguard and not my personal story i will find time to make it more readable
Re: Who Killed Lagos by helinues: 12:15pm On Nov 03, 2019
The potopotians killed Lagos. undecided undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Killed Lagos by thatigboman: 12:17pm On Nov 03, 2019
Bullion van ole killed lagos

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Lagos by kettykin: 12:32pm On Nov 03, 2019
Iamgrey5:
This boy will not die on top lagos matter

Out of more than 30 post only 4 had to do with Lagos.

People pay millions in tax to the Lagos government so they need an explanation of how my money is being utilized

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Lagos by Iamgrey5(m): 12:36pm On Nov 03, 2019
kettykin:

Out of 5 post only 2 had to do with Lagos.

I pay millions in tax to the Lagos government so i demand an explanation of how my money is being utilized
So are the only one paying millions of naira to lagos government

Why don't you demand the same from your state government of orgin or return to your state of orgin, if lagos is not up to your standard.

Trust me, your millions would even be welcome with a fan fare in your state of orgin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Killed Lagos by kettykin: 12:39pm On Nov 03, 2019
Iamgrey5:
So are the only paying millions of naira to lagos government

Why don't you demand the same from your state government of orgin or return to your state of orgin, if lagos is not up to your standard.

Trust me, your millions would even be welcomed with fan fare in your state of orgin.

If i met same conditions in Abuja and rivers i would demand explanations.
My home state is under close scrutiny
Re: Who Killed Lagos by netpro(m): 12:39pm On Nov 03, 2019
Only a fuul will claim Lagos is Dead.
Re: Who Killed Lagos by Iamgrey5(m): 12:41pm On Nov 03, 2019
kettykin:

If i met same conditions in Abuja and rivers i would demand explanations.
My home state is under close scrutiny
Really! Rivers must be like heaven then

You better head back to Rivers and leave lagos alone

Meanwhile, I have uploaded more of your obsession with lagos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Killed Lagos by kayusely70(m): 12:49pm On Nov 03, 2019
The faults rest squarely on all stakeholders who more often than not refuse to comply with the regulations to get undue advantages, including security agencies.
Re: Who Killed Lagos by MrVegina(m): 1:32pm On Nov 03, 2019
[s]
helinues:
The potopotians killed Lagos. undecided undecided
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Lagos by sultaan(m): 3:47pm On Nov 03, 2019
I was in Lagos last week and the state is dead, unfortunately the people are being killed slowly thy don't know they are already six feet under. A contractor handling a multi billion road construction digs up a kilometer of road but actually does less than 30 meters of road a day, now the users are subjected to kilometer traffic jam with trailer still parked/ abandoned on the unpaved alternate roads.

This is the same scenario all over Lagos. Contractors destroy the roads first guarantee that the government will have to pay to fix it all the more pain they cause the louder the people shout for government to pay them and they will extend this choke on Lagos for as long as they want, term of contract completion is irrelevant
Re: Who Killed Lagos by JonDon12: 5:06pm On Nov 03, 2019
Iamgrey5:
So are the only one paying millions of naira to lagos government

Trust me, your millions would even be welcome with a fan fare in your state of orgin.

I dont understand you. The man is a Lagosian. He lives, works and votes in Lagos. He has the right to question the administration's effectiveness. Maybe people like you are ok with failure, he is not. Yes we will keep wailing until Nigeria starts acting right.

Now to the question, it is a sign of our failed leadership. Our leaders in Nigeria do not care about us. All they want to do is win elections and we are the idiots that voted them in.

The trailer problem is easy to fix. How hard is it to build a trailer park. Clear/Grade the land. Add your underlying layers and asphalt. In America, that can be done in a week. But Nigeria, Sanwo-olu has had at lest 5 months now and has not even added one.
Re: Who Killed Lagos by Iamgrey5(m): 5:10pm On Nov 03, 2019
JonDon12:

I dont understand you. The man is a Lagosian. He lives, works and votes in Lagos. He has the right to question the administration's effectiveness. Maybe people like you are ok with failure, he is not. Yes we will keep wailing until Nigeria starts acting right.

Now to the question, it is a sign of our failed leadership. Our leaders in Nigeria do not care about us. All they want to do is win elections and we are the idiots that voted them in.

The trailer problem is easy to fix. How hard is it to build a trailer park. Clear/Grade the land. Add your underlying layers and asphalt. In America, that can be done in a week. But Nigeria, Sanwo-olu has had at lest 5 months now and has not even added one.
He also has the right to move elsewhere if he is not satisfied with the model in lagos.

He already claimed lagos is died on numerous occasions. So he can simply move elsewhere since it doesn't seem like APC is loosing its grip in lagos any time soon.

There are others who voted for Sawo who have a different opinion from him.
Re: Who Killed Lagos by flokii: 5:25pm On Nov 03, 2019
To be honest with you.. IDPs from Eastern and Northern part turned Lagos to what it is today.

Lagos just like every Eastern state collect almost the same allocation but your people won't just stay in their region and develop it. Instead they troop into Lagos in their thousands to build shanties on drainage routes, sell fake things and pirate people's sweat all in the bid to make money and run back to the East to show off during Festive periods.

You lots congest Lagos roads, bridges etc.. even the air in Lagos is no longer safe to breathe in cos of overpopulation.

Lagos in the 80s' used to be clean and orderly, it's such a pity
Re: Who Killed Lagos by JonDon12: 5:25pm On Nov 03, 2019
Iamgrey5:
He also has the right to move elsewhere if he is not satisfied with the model in lagos.

He already claimed lagos is died on numerous occasions. So he can simply move elsewhere since it doesn't seem like APC is loosing its grip in lagos any time soon.

There are others who voted for Sawo who have a different opinion from him.

Of course but nobody and I mean nobody has a right to criticise him for asking more of his state government. Everybody has the right and the DUTY to critique and/or criticise any government they vote in and pay taxes to. If more Nigerians did this, Nigeria will be a better place.
Re: Who Killed Lagos by Iamgrey5(m): 5:31pm On Nov 03, 2019
JonDon12:

Of course but nobody and I mean nobody has a right to criticise him for asking more of his state government. Everybody has the right and the DUTY to critique and/or criticise any government they vote in and pay taxes to. If more Nigerians did this, Nigeria will be a better place.
And I also have the right to call off his bluff when he keeps repeating the same BS, just like you jumped on my comment uninvited.

If he thinks the state is not working for him and he can easily move to another city or state.

It's what right think investors who make "billion of dollars" like him does grin

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Intensify Food And Relief Distribution Across Biafraland With Second Round / Breaking: Wike Bows To Pressure, Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff / Outside Alli, No Other Governor Has Developed Esan Land Like Oshiomole (opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.