Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,658 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? (2367 Views)

I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. / Married Men Sleeping With Their Wife's Sister Or Maid: Let's Talk About It. / Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by DeluwaTalks: 9:53am On Nov 04, 2019
We have a case at the moment and we need your sincere feedback.

Why do some men reject their wife’s food when they are angry or there is disagreement?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by Solvik(f): 10:00am On Nov 04, 2019
Maybe he is not hungry or he lost appetite.

It is only a baby husband that will reject food made with his own money, simply because he had a misunderstanding with his wife.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by DeluwaTalks: 10:12am On Nov 04, 2019
Thanks!

This case is actually a real life story currently being handled.
Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by suco01(m): 11:57am On Nov 04, 2019
No matter how angry I am, me no dey joke with food at all. I go chop am that moment and later continue the angry

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by PerfectView: 12:12pm On Nov 04, 2019
My dad used to do that a lot to my mum anytime he was angry with her when I was with my parents. I found out that I would also do it to them whenever any of them scolded me or I was just angry with them. I would eat out and ignore eating at home for days until I got my dad or mum's attention. Now that I am married with kids, I don't even live in Africa. I find myself doing it to my wife. It has got into my subconsciousness...eaten deep to the extent that I don't see anything bad with it. I see my first son taking after me already too...it is a crazy habit, I know but it has come to be in our family. Thank God my wife understands and she is just being indifferent. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 04, 2019
DeluwaTalks:

Why do some men reject their wife’s food when they are angry or there is disagreement?

Probably because he wouldn't want anything to do with/from/to her at that point.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by DeluwaTalks: 2:37pm On Nov 04, 2019
Thank you for sharing and being sincere.

This is very important to note because of the cycle it creates from one generation to another.

One point given here about “why some men reject food” is to get attention.

More reason(s)?
Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by BLEMOSEDU: 3:31pm On Nov 04, 2019
Solvik:

It is only a baby husband that will reject food made with his own money, simply because he had a misunderstanding with his wife.
There is nothing baby about it, for some of us it doesn't feel right eating the food of someone that just finished insulting you.
When I'm angry at my wife, I lose any appetite for her food

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by totosucker(m): 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2019
Yeah, sometimes, to register your displeasure about something she did wrong. To treat her Bleep up for something she did wrong. To get her to apologize to you for something she did wrong
,because ladies hate it when there man refuses to eat there food.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by DeluwaTalks: 5:17pm On Nov 04, 2019
Thanks for the contributions. Let them keep coming.

Other reasons from our contributions:

1. Development of negative emotions which can subsequently lead to loss of appetite.
2. Deliberate attempt to get back at one’s spouse.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by DeluwaTalks: 5:18pm On Nov 04, 2019
We have three major reasons so far. How many more can we add?
Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by Bola146(f): 5:52pm On Nov 04, 2019
Maybe they have eaten outside ni o grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by yemisolar(m): 10:34pm On Nov 04, 2019
Sorry to be blunt but rejecting one's wife's food because one is angry at her is (forgive my use of words) a sign of immaturity.

Some men do it because they want to get back to the wife by letting her waste her time to cook and then decide not to eat. Even these days when it's the maid that cooks they will still not eat. It is akin to burning your money or smashing your phone just because you are angry.

The question is,

Who owns the house (or pays the rent)?
Who owns the food (or drops money for food)?
Who 'owns' the wife (not literally)?
Who owns the anger?

So why will you fight with yourself just because you are angry.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by YourCoffin: 10:37pm On Nov 04, 2019
They afraid they might be poisoned

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by GrossPrice: 11:14pm On Nov 04, 2019
DeluwaTalks:

Why do women refuse to cook when they are angry?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:48pm On Nov 04, 2019
DeluwaTalks:

simple both female and male taught at young age that "a way to men's heart is through food" so rejecting the food is just a indirect message to say he is really pissed

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by armyofone(m): 12:07am On Nov 05, 2019
:-XGood thing she shrugged it off! I mean she and the children eat, wash plates and pots. Whatever is left, save for tomorrow.
You best stop the habit. Lead by example to your children especially to the little man in your life.

PerfectView:
My dad used to do that a lot to my mum anytime he was angry with her when I was with my parents. I found out that I would also do it to them whenever any of them scolded me or I was just angry with them. I would eat out and ignore eating at home for days until I got my dad or mum's attention. Now that I am married with kids, I don't even live in Africa. I find myself doing it to my wife. It has got into my subconsciousness...eaten deep to the extent that I don't see anything bad with it. I see my first son taking after me already too...it is a crazy habit, I know but it has come to be in our family. Thank God my wife understands and she is just being indifferent. grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by DeluwaTalks: 4:57am On Nov 05, 2019
Thank you for all the contributions!

Really appreciated!

I love the twist though that someone brought about why some wives refuse to cook for their husband because they are equally angry. grin
Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by SirVintageCock: 5:41am On Nov 05, 2019
Women will still collect money even if you insults their whole generation.

Talk about seeing the bigger picture and gaining in the process.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by ImaIma1(f): 8:33am On Nov 05, 2019
PerfectView:

Terrible habit and cycle...what a bad thing for your son to adapt. Your wife and mother are really nice. I won't even bother...in fact, I will cook in the smallest pot for only me and eat it all from the pot...lol. My husband doesn't do it because I will see it as a break and not disturb myself.

I have said it on this forum that my friend will happily not cook for her husband that period. She'd just make sure there's bread in case he gets very hungry.

I don't feed such tantrums. My child won't even try it. As an African mother, I will reset him or her. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by Kendumazy(m): 8:44am On Nov 05, 2019
It's an upbringing observation trait. It's an habit developed mostly from childhood. It's better than domestic violence. One man food is another man poison. Some women will prefer he doesn't eat than the every time beating.
Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by zeb04(f): 8:59am On Nov 05, 2019
BLEMOSEDU:

There is nothing baby about it, for some of us it doesn't feel right eating the food of someone that just finished insulting you.
When I'm angry at my wife, I lose any appetite for her food

Your wife will still collect money for food no matter how angry she is. I hope she doesn’t beg you anyways so that you doe of hunger.

You are acting like a baby.
Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by ImaIma1(f): 9:27am On Nov 05, 2019
yemisolar:
Sorry to be blunt but rejecting one's wife's food because one is angry at her is (forgive my use of words) a sign of immaturity.

Some men do it because they want to get back to the wife by letting her waste her time to cook and then decide not to eat. Even these days when it's the maid that cooks they will still not eat. It is akin to burning your money or smashing your phone just because you are angry.

The question is,

Who owns the house (or pays the rent)?
Who owns the food (or drops money for food)?
Who 'owns' the wife (not literally)?
Who owns the anger?

So why will you fight with yourself just because you are angry.

It's before that it was a big issue. These days many wives will not bother cooking. After they settle, the wife can resume cooking.

Besides, there are also many men that will still eat despite their being upset. They will now be smelling some wonderful aroma and now form anger cheesy when the stomach is rumbling and yearning for the food...yimu
Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by Rusa(f): 9:40am On Nov 05, 2019
PerfectView:

Hey, it is very possible you ditch that habit. what if your future daughter in law does not understand with your son? what if your wife doesn't understand as you think she does.?
You can actually make effort to let go of that habit and trust me it is not as difficult as it seems.
Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by mylove4God(f): 11:27am On Nov 05, 2019
I am trying to imagine how it feels, when a husband reject his wife food due to quarrel or one other thing.
I know how I feel when I take my time to get or do something for someone and he/she rejects it. It really hurt.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by naijanaso: 11:47am On Nov 05, 2019
Solvik:

You are wrong my dear. It doesn't just follow like that. This depends on the degree of offence or issues at hand. The reason for been angry may knock off the eating gourmet spirit in the man at that moment.
Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by Daviddson(m): 1:17pm On Nov 05, 2019
Sometimes it might be necessary, but it shouldn't be every single day as long as the misunderstanding last. Maybe 3 days on and 4 days off.
It's not possible to be having a misunderstanding with your wife (or anybody at all) and not show it, at least in a way you know will send across the right message to the person.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by SilvaBullet: 1:26pm On Nov 05, 2019
Reading through some of the comments here by women will bring one up to speed on how ignorant most of today's women are.

For every wise woman, the moment your husband stops eating your food, you know there's problem. It usually signals the early stage of separation (emotionally or physically)/or divorce if not handled properly.
Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by DeluwaTalks: 2:35pm On Nov 05, 2019
All contributions are well appreciated!

I feel strongly that everyone has the right to be angry. Not being angry can possibly indicate pretense or ignorance from either or both parties.
I feel one should weigh the consequences of any action in any form before taking the action.
I am a bit concerned , especially when this has the ability to repeat the cycle in the following generations

I feel it is therefore important that maturity, empathy, sensitivity, genuine love can help resole issues more constructively.

I believe some of these will go a long way in achieving healthy resolutions between partners.

Once again, thanks for every contribution.
Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by buchi4action(m): 10:28am On Nov 06, 2019
For the fear that their wife might harm him, with her food.

Or

To drive home his point, over an issue ( as in going on strike).
Re: Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? by farady(m): 11:40am On Nov 06, 2019
Funny but come to think of it. Why should you refuse to eat ( amounting to starving yourself) food from your wife because you are upset with her. In fact food you provided money for. I would rather do silent treatment and eat my food wella cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Big Red Rug For Sale 12feet By 9feet Size / I Gave My Kid A Slap / 'Letter To My Cheating Husband'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.