Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up (27069 Views)

PDP PCC Replies Oshiomhole: Where Is Your Foreign Wife? / INEC Replies Oshiomhole: We Obeyed Supreme Court On Bayelsa Like We Did On Imo / "Blackmail" - Okorocha Replies Oshiomhole Over Battle With Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by fergie001: 7:14pm On Nov 04, 2019
Deputy Governor of Edo State, Hon Philip Shuaibu, has denied allegations by National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, that he (Shuaibu) was responsible for Saturday’s attack on the convoy of Governor Godwin Obaseki and the Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu at Oshiomhole’s residence.

Shuaibu said the different statements given by Oshiomhole as regards the incident did not add up.

He urged Oshiomhole to be courageous enough to own up.

Oshiomhole had insisted that the Deputy Governor mobilized over 200 commercial motorcycle riders (Okada riders) and thugs to the venue of the convocation of the Edo University, Iyamho to embarrass him and his guests.

But Shuaibu said Oshiomhole’s accusation by itself was contradicting in the sense that it alluded to the rising reception that greeted Governor Godwin Obaseki by the youths of Etsako West on his arrival at Iyamho, the previous day on Friday, 1st November, 2019.

Shuaibu who spoke in a statement issued by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Musa Ebomhiana, on Monday evening said he was nowhere near Iyamho on that Friday as he was fully engaged in official matters in Benin.

He said it was a joyous reception, no violence nor negative incident occurred on that day as youths were only on ground to show solidarity with the government of Godwin Obaseki.

According to the statement, “The Deputy Governor was himself a victim of the Saturday attack, considering the fact that he was actually in the same bus with the Governor, Oba of Lagos and other dignitaries.

The simple truth is that the national chairman felt offended and intimidated by the huge crowd of party youths that came out in solidarity with the Governor. He then decided to “teach” the Governor and his Deputy a lesson by organizing those misguided elements to take up arms against the state.

“I see this as clearly a case of entrapment, because the national chairman invited them to his house knowing very well that he had prepared for them, an attack by his political infantry as the statement dished out at the Sunday press conference did not add up.

“It is a pity that our national chairman now sees okada riders as thugs considering the fact that these were the same people who were in the vanguard of his struggle to reclaim his stolen mandate. He rode on their backs to judicial victory in 2007/2008.

“How come that the fighters of justice are now being labeled as thugs by no other person than the SOLE beneficiary of their struggle. So, position can really change a man?

“The Deputy Governor is a man of peace and honour who has never been associated with thuggery or merchants of violence. As much as I would not want to banter words with our highly respected national chairman. Nigerians know better between him and Edo State Deputy Governor who has thugs as associates, fondly referred to by him as “my infantry division”.”

Meanwhile, Special Adviser to the Edo State Governor on Political Matters, Edo-South, Hon Osaigbovo Iyoha, has denied allegations that he was sighted inside the bus that was taking Obaseki and other dignitaries to the Iyamho residence of Oshiomhole.

Iyoha said it was worrisome that Oshiomhole alleged on Sunday 13th October 2019 that he organised and conspired with thugs to attack his residence in Benin City.

He described the accusation is false and defamatory.

According to him, “Already, he has written a petition against me, which I have gone to answer at the Police Headquarters in Abuja. The Commissioner of Police in Edo State also came out publicly to refute his claim.

“Two days after I returned from the Police interrogation in Abuja, Oshiomhole has again alleged that Governor Godwin Obaseki; Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu; Pro-Chancellor of Edo University, Iyamho, Prof. T.O.K. Audu and other dignitaries, who attended the convocation of the Edo University, were attacked on their way to his Iyamho home because the thugs saw me in the governor’s convoy.

“Oshiomhole and his media aides have twisted the story of the condemnable incident more times than we can recall, which only points to a harebrained attempt at a cover-up. They had earlier claimed that the attack was masterminded by the Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shuaibu. If this earlier version was the case, one wonders how this new version holds true.

“His litany of lies without regard for his person as a former National Labour Congress (NLC) President, former governor and now National Chairman of the ruling party is appalling and quite worrisome.

“On the said date, I was at the convocation ceremony with Governor Obaseki but I never left the university premises throughout the programme. I arrived with the governor within the premises of the university on board the helicopter and left from same location.

“Nothing will take me to the house of someone who barely two days before took me to the Police Headquarters from Benin City to faraway Abuja under trumped-up charges that I led thugs to his house to cause mayhem. It still amazes me how easy it has become for the National Chairman to cook up lies to haunt his assumed enemies.

“The former governor’s new found love for false statements is a threat to the progress of our party, Edo State and the entire country. He must restrain from these statements which are attempts at character assassination as he is endangering my life. It can only be assumed that he is trying to hold me up so that birds of prey, thugs employed and empowered by him, can feast on me.

“I restate that I do not have any problem with him. He has his work cut out for him at this time as a National Chairman of the APC, as elections are coming up in Bayelsa and Kogi states in a couple of days. Oshiomhole as APC chairman should channel his energy to making sure that our party, the APC emerges victorious in those elections rather than haunting me for no just cause. He should please leave me alone.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/just-in-shuaibu-to-oshiomhole-your-statements-do-not-add-up/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by Divay22(f): 7:26pm On Nov 04, 2019
That short black monkey from Okpekpe clan is destroying the Heart beat slowly.

But Buhari would turn blind eyes to it.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by seunmsg(m): 7:35pm On Nov 04, 2019
The way events are unfolding in Edo State is really disturbing. That Philip Shaibu can now be insulting Oshiomole publicly shows things are getting out of hand. Are there no elders in the state and party to call all of them to order?

Obaseki and Shaibu rode on Oshiomole’s back to government. No matter the disagreement, I don’t expect this kind of public spat. This nonsense should stop.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by fergie001: 7:52pm On Nov 04, 2019
seunmsg:
The way events are unfolding in Edo State is really disturbing. That Philip Shaibu can now be insulting Oshiomole publicly shows things are getting out of hand. Are there no elders in the state and party to call all of them to order?

Obaseki and Shaibu rode on Oshiomole’s back to government. No matter the disagreement, I don’t expect this kind of public spat. This nonsense should stop.

When elders don't respect themselves, children will play football with their grey hairs.

Do you think people like Shuaibu and Obaseki will attack Oshiomhole like this without having taking a whole lot of sh!t privately?

Especially Shuaibu, who has been following Adams from god-knows-when.......He has touched them where they can take it no longer.

They are men, worse still politicians so you can't hear everything that happened inside perhaps until the the fight abates. There is no forgiveness in this game, it's winner-takes-all..you loose guard, you pay for it.

Oshiomhole should just hide shame, and leave the press...nicodemously go to his "sons" and talk to them. Pull down every machinery to stop their 2nd term, and give them the right of first refusal.

He lost Zamfara and Adamawa due to this gra gra. Everywhere isn't Lagos.

QED!

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:13pm On Nov 04, 2019
seunmsg:

You cannot come to Edo state and play a TINUBU on us. Edo state no be Lagos state

103 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by heckymaicon(m): 8:24pm On Nov 04, 2019
They are all selfish thieves fighting for their personal interest.

Chai Nigeria politicians are too greedy. As in do they think they spend money in heaven abi na hell seff.

I'm just tired of them.

11 Likes

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:34pm On Nov 04, 2019
Edo indigenes and those that were present at the scenes should let us know who is responsible.

Not some kids typing from their hut in Ogbomosho or Onitsha saying incoherent rubbish about what they know nothing about.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by LibertyRep: 8:35pm On Nov 04, 2019
If only the Police would be very active, only the governor and his deputy ( because of their immunity) should be walking free now. Every other person remotely linked with that violent attack no matter how highly placed should have been guests at the Police station instead of dishing out press statements

1 Like

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by MrVagina: 8:38pm On Nov 04, 2019
[s]
post=83744110:
Edo indigenes and those that were present at the scenes should let us know who isnl responsible.

Not some kids typing from their hut in Ogbomosho or Onitsha saying incoherent rubbish about what they know nothing about.
[/s]
shatap there and get out

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by Ruggedniggaone: 8:39pm On Nov 04, 2019
fight to finish osiomoale would be d most confuse human being right now if he decide to give obaseki ambode treatment obaseki will move to PDP and win in pdp because edo no be lagos and that will render osiomoale useless politically and if he leave him he will be seeing like a coward

11 Likes

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by Ruggedniggaone: 8:41pm On Nov 04, 2019
post=83744110:
Edo indigenes and those that were present at the scenes should let us know who isnl responsible.

you and who? you can go to edo if you want to know what really happened bubu aaslicker

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:52pm On Nov 04, 2019
Ruggedniggaone:
you and who? you can go to edo if you want to know what really happened bubu aaslicker

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by Slawormir: 8:55pm On Nov 04, 2019
Oshiomhole is not a real niggarrr

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by Devilfriend(m): 8:55pm On Nov 04, 2019
post=83744543:
Brb....

Kakakaka!

E pain am...

E no con know waiting e go type.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by MrVagina: 8:56pm On Nov 04, 2019
[s]
post=83744543:
Brb....
[/s]
trash

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:56pm On Nov 04, 2019
Devilfriend:

Kakakaka!
E pain am...
E no con know waiting e go type.
Devil's friend
What a moniker!

Meanwhile.....
Pikin wey dem teach manners for house,
wey no gree take am,
wey even change him name from osanyin T to a friend of the devil,
na for Nairaland we go teach am!

Oya take am and go lie down on your mat,

GBAS GBOS....

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by sammyj: 8:57pm On Nov 04, 2019
grin I think pa Oshiomhole should take the place of the information minister lie M if you know you know grin

5 Likes

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by ZombieTERROR: 8:57pm On Nov 04, 2019
Oshiomole... The APc chairman ought to be a liar...

APc is a party of liars

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by sexiestharam(f): 8:58pm On Nov 04, 2019
I thought this man was Oshiomole's cousin and would remain loyal to his relative. Wow! No permanent friends or enemies, just personal interests! grin

5 Likes

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by MadeInTokyo: 8:58pm On Nov 04, 2019
grin grin grin
Philip Shuaibu get madness pass Oshiomole

Oshiomole don jam person wey craze pass am

17 Likes

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by ZombieTERROR: 8:58pm On Nov 04, 2019
post=83744638:

Devil's friend
What a moniker!
Meanwhile.....

Oshiomole needs a tipper supply of dead meats BBQ

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by Devilfriend(m): 8:59pm On Nov 04, 2019
post=83744638:

Devil's friend
What a moniker!

Meanwhile.....

Nawa for me self o...

I dey allow suya seller to dey mention me...?

Suya seller of all people.
E be like say me self no come get shame this days o.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by Enemyofpeace: 9:01pm On Nov 04, 2019
Make una fight if una wan fight, I ate empty threats jare

1 Like

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by bigpicture001: 9:01pm On Nov 04, 2019
Is shuabu fomer NLC leader..?
Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by Theflint1(m): 9:01pm On Nov 04, 2019
Things change fast...I still remember Shaibu crying tears of joy when the tribunal declared Oshiomhole governor of Edo State.

Well, Oshiomhole is a devilish imp and surely, deserves whatever he's getting. Obaseki is the governor and Oshiomhole should allow him do his job.

seunmsg:

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by bestman09(m): 9:03pm On Nov 04, 2019
T
Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by globalresource: 9:04pm On Nov 04, 2019
The Yahoo president cum baba integrity is blind to this

Join apc and your sins are no more

12 Likes

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by sapientia(m): 9:04pm On Nov 04, 2019
Nigerian politics have a way of demystifying someone.

We thought Fashola is competent but he turned Minister of Darkness.

We thought Buhari was a Messiah but made Nigeria HQ of Poverty and he is not done yet.

We thought Baba Osho hates Godfatherism but he has shown us he simply wanted to be the only godfather in Edo.

Etc...

Add yours.

27 Likes

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by MrVagina: 9:05pm On Nov 04, 2019
[s]
post=83744638:

Devil's friend
What a moniker!

Meanwhile.....
Pikin wey dem teach manners for house,
wey no gree take am,
wey even change him name to a friend of the devil,
na for Nairaland we go teach am!

Oya take am and go lie down on your mat,

GBAS GBOS....
[/s]
trash trash trash
stop talking nonsense

now type without crying

cc
devilfriend

e dey pain am sotey e dey share hin own post

17 Likes

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by Antoeni(m): 9:05pm On Nov 04, 2019
House Divided Against itself can not Stand

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by Elfather12: 9:05pm On Nov 04, 2019
Same Philip asked catholic bishop to settle them last week na waha we da watch
Re: Shuaibu Replies Oshiomhole: Your Statements Do Not Add Up by MrVagina: 9:05pm On Nov 04, 2019
[quote author= post=83744543][/quote]

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

One Of My Crimes As NPA Boss Was Not Giving Amaechi A Birthday Present - Usman / Teslim Folarin Responds To Removal Of Donated Transformer Allegations / Dino Melaye Chilling In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.