Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,919 members, 7,821,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Assassins Kill Police Guard, 1 Other In Ex-oyo Deputy Speaker’s Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Assassins Kill Police Guard, 1 Other In Ex-oyo Deputy Speaker’s Home (958 Views)

Ex-oyo Governor, Victor Omololu-olunloyo’s Last Wife[ronke] Replies Stepdaughter / “we Pay Police To Kill Police, N500,000 Per Head” – Boko Haram / Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Assassins Kill Police Guard, 1 Other In Ex-oyo Deputy Speaker’s Home by AloyEmeka5: 11:44pm On Nov 14, 2010
[size=14pt]Assassins kill police guard, 1 other in ex-Oyo deputy speaker’s home [/size]
From GBENGA ADESUYI, Ibadan

Friday, November 12, 2010
Former deputy speaker of the Oyo State House of Assembly, Kazeem Ayilara, yesterday escaped death by the whiskers as a gang of suspected hired assassins stormed his home in Apata area of the city. The assassins killed a police security guard attached to him and a member of the Oodua People’s Congress (OPC).

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/nov/12/514.html

Although Ayilara escaped death during the dawn invasion, he was said to have been beaten to almost a state of coma and had been hospitalized at an undisclosed hospital within the city. Two other people, who were shot by the attackers were also said to be hospitalised.

Daily Sun gathered that the assassins, numbering four, stormed the former deputy speaker’s home located at Revival area, Apata, Ibadan at about 2.30 a.m. and forced their way into the premises, having succeeded in killing the policeman and the OPC guard.

They were said to have resorted to shouting “Ayilara, where are you? Come out.”

While speaking with journalists, over the incident, Bamidele Ajibola, representing Ibadan North West Constituency said the invaders had forced their way into the premises after their initial shouts of “Ayilara, where are you? Come out.”

Ajibola, who alongside Ayilara was suspended from the Oyo State House of Assembly, alleged that the attack was politically motivated, adding that they did not take take anything from the house, except the gun of the shot policeman. “It was only the gun of the policeman that was taken away by the hoodlums,” he said.

Oyo State Commissioner of Police, Baba Adisa Bolanta, while confirming the attack on Ayilara’s residence told journalists in a telephone conversation that the incident was a mere armed robbery attack. Bolanta noted that the invaders took a pump action gun from the house, saying that the police command would commence immediate investigation into the incident.

Ayilara, who was in the camp of the anti-Akala aggrieved chieftains of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was still under suspension alongside eight other lawmakers in the state House of Assembly, following alleged frivolous allegations made against the leadership of the House. The nine anti-Akala lawmakers, who were against the leadership of the House of Assembly had tried to impeach the Speaker, Moruf Atilola, for allegedly stalling the probe of Governor Adebayo Alao-Akala over alleged inflation of N8.5 billion road contracts.

The opposition group was against the second term bid of Governor Alao-Akala and had held series of political rallies in Ibadan as well as Ogbomoso, the hometown of the governor in recent times to show their opposition to the governor.

The latest of such anti-Akala PDP rallies held in Ogbomoso, Akala’s home-town, was greeted by sporadic gun shots by hoodlums who had wanted to stop the rally.
Re: Assassins Kill Police Guard, 1 Other In Ex-oyo Deputy Speaker’s Home by AloyEmeka5: 11:45pm On Nov 14, 2010
Gunmen kill policeman, guard as 2 lawmakers escape death
News Friday, November 12, 2010

By Ola Ajayi

IBADAN-TWO suspended anti-Akala lawmakers in the Oyo State House of Assembly have escaped death by the whiskers when unknown gunmen allegedly stormed their residence yesterday. But a policeman, Samuel Sule and a night guard, Mutiu Raimi were reportedly felled by the assassins' bullets.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/nov/12/303.html

The two men are the former deputy Speaker in the legislative arm, Mr. Kazeem Ayilara and the Chairman, Oyo State House of Assembly Parliamentary Caucus, Mr. Mohammed Inakoju.

The legislators are among the eight lawmakers suspended by the Mr. Moruf Atilola-led legislative arm for allegedly plotting to remove the Speaker for allegedly being so subservient to the governor.

Lawmaker receiving treatment after bullet wound

Though, Ayilara escaped being killed by the gun-totting hoodlums who swooped on his residence, he received cuts in the head and he is still lying critically ill in an undisclosed hospital.

Vanguard gathered that about 20 suspected hoodlums from one faction of the warring National Union of Road Transport Workers besieged Ayilara's residence at Apata area of the city and left in their trail blood stains and sorrow.

Also Mr. Micheal Okunlade alleged that the gunmen had earlier visited his residence but he was lucky to have escaped.

While conducting newsmen round the house which was riddled with bullets, Ayilara said: “I heard gunshots around 2.30am and they were asking where is the honourable. Then, I stood up and they started firing at my room. If I had not stood up, the bullets would have hit me on my bed.

By this time he explained, "they had already killed one policeman and one Odua People’s Congress, OPC, member, and threatened to kill the second policeman if I refused to open the door. So, I did not have any option than to open the door."

“I opened the door, they came in and hit my head with their gun. One of them told me that somebody had already paid for my life.”

Before they killed the policeman, he said, they first disarmed him and later dragged him into a Toyota Sequoia Jeep marked LAGOS KA 956 AAA and shot him at close range .

The State Police Commissioner, Mr. Adisa Baba Bolanta confirmed the incident, adding that the police had begun manhunt to track down the suspects, describing the killing of the policeman as wicked, saying “that all efforts are been geared not only to arrest the perpetrators but to recover the items such as the pump action machine gun belonging to Hon. Ayilara and the weapons seized by the attackers.” He said investigations into the attack had begun, noting that no arrest had been made so far.
Re: Assassins Kill Police Guard, 1 Other In Ex-oyo Deputy Speaker’s Home by EzeUche0(m): 11:46pm On Nov 14, 2010
Do or die politics at its finest.

People from the southwest are good assassins though. If Nigeria ever becomes a strong nation, they should be incorporated into the security apparatus.
Re: Assassins Kill Police Guard, 1 Other In Ex-oyo Deputy Speaker’s Home by AloyEmeka5: 11:47pm On Nov 14, 2010
Friday, November 12, 2010
[size=14pt]Drummer shot at commissioner's inauguration in Oyo[/size]

Tunde Odesola, Ibadan

The Oyo State police command has commenced an investigation into the shooting of an unidentified middle-aged drummer during the inauguration of the new Commissioner for Education, in Oyo State, Mr Oladiti Solomon, at Governor's Office, Agodi, on Wednesday.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/nov/12/807.html

There was a loud bang outside the hall, where Governor, Adebayo Alao-Akala, was inaugurating Solomon, who replaced the former Commissioner of Education, Prof Taoheed Adedoja, following his (Adedoja's) appointment as a federal minister.

The crowd that had gathered inside the hall was oblivious of the cause of the loud bang as the ceremony went on smoothly.

It was gathered that the drummer was wounded when the gun went off and he was rushed to an undisclosed hospital just as blood smeared the scene of the incident.

Confirming the incident, Commissioner of Police, Oyo State Command, Mr Adisa Bolanta, in a telephone interview with our correspondent, on Wednesday, said the drummer had a gun in his pocket, which went off.

Bolanta said the circumstances surrounding the shooting would be unearthed by a detailed investigation.

He said, "The man kept the gun in his pocket and it exploded. Of course, we are investigating the case but details are still sketchy for now."

The latest incident again brings to the fore, the level of insecurity in the state capital and also underscored the high number of illegal arms and ammunition in the hands of untrained persons.
Re: Assassins Kill Police Guard, 1 Other In Ex-oyo Deputy Speaker’s Home by EzeUche0(m): 11:50pm On Nov 14, 2010
This is serious o! shocked shocked shocked shocked

What is happening to this country?
Re: Assassins Kill Police Guard, 1 Other In Ex-oyo Deputy Speaker’s Home by AloyEmeka5: 11:56pm On Nov 14, 2010
EzeUche0:

This is serious o!  shocked shocked shocked shocked

What is happening to this country?

Stay away from Naija in 2011, simple.
Re: Assassins Kill Police Guard, 1 Other In Ex-oyo Deputy Speaker’s Home by Osama10(m): 11:57pm On Nov 14, 2010
Win election at all cost.
Re: Assassins Kill Police Guard, 1 Other In Ex-oyo Deputy Speaker’s Home by AloyEmeka5: 12:38am On Nov 15, 2010
Osama10:

Win election at all cost.

Heads will be cut into two, legs will be bent backwards, blood, tears and sweat will run through the veins of every Nigerian, Ekiti will be turned into a concentration camp. The days are growing darker.
Re: Assassins Kill Police Guard, 1 Other In Ex-oyo Deputy Speaker’s Home by Osama10(m): 12:41am On Nov 15, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Heads will be cut into two, legs will be bent backwards, blood, tears and sweat will run through the veins of every Nigerian, Ekiti will be turned into a concentration camp. The days are growing darker.

Aloy, only those that are ready to vote will experience this, as for me I would be cooling off somewhere. grin grin grin
Re: Assassins Kill Police Guard, 1 Other In Ex-oyo Deputy Speaker’s Home by AloyEmeka5: 12:43am On Nov 15, 2010
Osama10:

Aloy, only those that are ready to vote will experience this, as for me I would be cooling off somewhere. grin grin grin

Then you are a coward and don't come here next year complaining that IBB is planning funeral for the nation, Nigeria.
Re: Assassins Kill Police Guard, 1 Other In Ex-oyo Deputy Speaker’s Home by Osama10(m): 12:45am On Nov 15, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Then you are a coward and don't come here next year complaining that IBB is planning funeral for the nation, Nigeria.

Watch your language, to vote or not its personal.
Re: Assassins Kill Police Guard, 1 Other In Ex-oyo Deputy Speaker’s Home by AloyEmeka5: 12:50am On Nov 15, 2010
Osama10:

Watch your language, to vote or not its personal.

No its not. It's your civic duty.
Re: Assassins Kill Police Guard, 1 Other In Ex-oyo Deputy Speaker’s Home by Osama10(m): 12:53am On Nov 15, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

No its not. It's your civic duty.

Yeah, its my civic duty. Why waste my precious time when at the end of the day it doesn't count.
Re: Assassins Kill Police Guard, 1 Other In Ex-oyo Deputy Speaker’s Home by AloyEmeka5: 12:55am On Nov 15, 2010
Osama10:

Yeah, its my civic duty. Why waste my precious time when at the end of the day it doesn't count.

Hav efaith this time around. Your vote counts. Just go to the polling station in groups and arm yourself with an assault rifle.
Re: Assassins Kill Police Guard, 1 Other In Ex-oyo Deputy Speaker’s Home by Osama10(m): 12:58am On Nov 15, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Hav efaith this time around. Your vote counts. Just go to the polling station in groups and arm yourself with an assault rifle.

You called me a coward for my personal opinion, what do I call you for this?
Re: Assassins Kill Police Guard, 1 Other In Ex-oyo Deputy Speaker’s Home by AloyEmeka5: 1:05am On Nov 15, 2010
Osama10:

You called me a coward for my personal opinion, what do I call you for this?
A soldier.
Re: Assassins Kill Police Guard, 1 Other In Ex-oyo Deputy Speaker’s Home by MaiSuya(m): 1:11am On Nov 15, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

A soldier.

na. . .I've a berra one. . .a martyr!
Re: Assassins Kill Police Guard, 1 Other In Ex-oyo Deputy Speaker’s Home by Osama10(m): 1:14am On Nov 15, 2010
Mai Suya:

Tell him well.
Re: Assassins Kill Police Guard, 1 Other In Ex-oyo Deputy Speaker’s Home by Osama10(m): 1:15am On Nov 15, 2010
Na juju dem go take you sacrifice for. cool
Re: Assassins Kill Police Guard, 1 Other In Ex-oyo Deputy Speaker’s Home by AloyEmeka5: 1:25am On Nov 15, 2010
Mai Suya:

No my levels never reach that one.
Re: Assassins Kill Police Guard, 1 Other In Ex-oyo Deputy Speaker’s Home by bidemi12(m): 3:35am On Nov 15, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

A soldier.

soldier indeed. . . . . .which way is up when holding an M16?
Re: Assassins Kill Police Guard, 1 Other In Ex-oyo Deputy Speaker’s Home by AloyEmeka5: 4:21am On Nov 15, 2010
bidemi12:

soldier indeed. . . . . .which way is up when holding an M16?

Yansh.

(1) (Reply)

How Appeal Court Declared Aregbesola The Winner / Fg To Sell Power Stations Because Operating Manuals Are Written In Chinese / Nigerian Fraudsters Exposed By Gas Explosion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.