Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Is The Rapture Pre-, Mid Or Post-trib? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Rapture Pre-, Mid Or Post-trib? (865 Views)

When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation / Amazing Bible Facts: Scriptures Prove Pre-trib Secret Rapture False! / No Pre-trib Rapture ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Rapture Pre-, Mid Or Post-trib? by omoimole: 9:48am On Nov 15, 2010
i think this topic is valid and timely. i think we need to be sure because many Christians, churches and ministries are not giving due attention to end-times issues. obviously, all the 3 'time' views of the rapture can not be true. which of these does the scripture support?.
Re: Is The Rapture Pre-, Mid Or Post-trib? by omoimole: 7:37pm On Nov 16, 2010
Pls, brethren, i need your replies / comments. Let's discuss it.
We will know the truth and it shall set us free.

Each of these views has implications for believers who are waiting for the coming of the Lord.

I am concerned because there seems to be less attention to this topic in churches and ministries, with greater focus on miracles, prosperity, victory over enemies, etc although many of us will agree that we are in the last days.

Are we getting ready as we should? The Bible says 'the time is short', that we are in 'perilous times', and that the 'days are evil'. It seems we are preoccupied with surviving and living in this present world.
How conscious are we about the Anti-Christ? Will this Man of Sin deal with the Church? Are we going to escape Him?

My concern is that if believers will be dealt with by the Anti-Christ, and we are being told that the Church will escape him before he appears in the world, many may fall away when they meet him for lack of preparation, because they have been told that they would not be around when the Beast rules the world. What says you?. Maranatha
Re: Is The Rapture Pre-, Mid Or Post-trib? by JeSoul(f): 8:04pm On Nov 16, 2010
omoimole:

i think this topic is valid and timely. i think we need to be sure because many Christians, churches and ministries are not giving due attention to end-times issues. obviously, all the 3 'time' views of the rapture can not be true. which of these does the scripture support?.
That's the problem omoimole, the scriptures can be used to support all those viewpoints. We can discuss to death but the fact is no real conclusion can positively be made on the times and dates of end-time prophecies. We can speculate but can't really put a firm finger on which is right.

The only thing we can do is to be prepared at all times for His return with our lamps like the 5 Wise Virgins.

1 Like

Re: Is The Rapture Pre-, Mid Or Post-trib? by omoimole: 4:58am On Nov 17, 2010
Thank you JeSoul.

I agree that we should be ready at all times, but the fact remains that these 3 views cant all be correct. That we can find bible passages supporting all the 3 views is not really so. This appears so only because of the interpretations we give those passages. In reality what the Holy Spirit is saying remains. So, the question is: What is He saying to the Church. He is the Author and Interpreter.

I am aware that in many theological schools the 3 views are taught for 'balance'. I am also aware that the issue has caused some strong (ultimately unnecessary) divisions of different degrees of seriousness. The truth, however, is that, we should not stop looking at it. I think the issue is major and is not like the issue of using or not using earrings or women puting on trousers. We can disagree on minors, but we should not miss it on the majors.

I am trying to use the medium to 'let us reason together'. I have my view, but I am at alert to consider the other views.

Remain blessed
Maranatha   

(dear reader pls join this discussion)
Re: Is The Rapture Pre-, Mid Or Post-trib? by Joagbaje(m): 10:22am On Nov 17, 2010
I believe it is pre tribulation, however I read a book some months ago that claim it's mid tribulation. Well I don't mind hearing the views of others , for the purpose of study.
Re: Is The Rapture Pre-, Mid Or Post-trib? by Image123(m): 12:33pm On Nov 17, 2010
How in scriptures can the rapture be mid/post tribulation?
Re: Is The Rapture Pre-, Mid Or Post-trib? by omoimole: 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2010
Thanks friends for your responses and candor. I believe that the confusion over this matter has to do with the following and more:
1. the meaning and content / nature of the tribulation
2. who the author of the tribulation is
3. who the agent is
4. who the target is
5. the view of the established Church - dominantly pre-trib
6. the relative disinterest in the subject by many Christians
7. the refusal by many to be like the 'Berean' Christians and to
    'search the scripture' as Christ admonished 
8. the equating of 'great tribulation' with the 'wrath of God'
9. the limiting of the meaning of what Anti-Christ represents
10. the identity of the 'tribulation saints',
11. the fear of being branded heretic, when many respected ministers and Church leaders suscribe to pre-trib teaching,  among others
By the grace of God, we will look at these and related issues one by one.
Maranatha
Re: Is The Rapture Pre-, Mid Or Post-trib? by seyibrown(f): 1:15am On Nov 26, 2010
Bookmarked
Re: Is The Rapture Pre-, Mid Or Post-trib? by aletheia(m): 1:27am On Nov 26, 2010
@OP: where do you stand pre-, mid-, or post-?
Re: Is The Rapture Pre-, Mid Or Post-trib? by eddy1977(m): 3:48am On Nov 26, 2010
Just a few concerns:

is there such a thing as a rapture or is it a man made theology?

why is it that nowhere in the old testament there is no reference of the rapture?

i know that paul only mentioned the catching up together of the saints in the air.

how about scriptures that talk about every eye seeing him in the clouds when there are no clouds in most desert countries? how about the blinds and those who will be inside buildings?
keeping in mind that the earth is not flat,how would those on the south pole see him at the same time with those on the north pole?

another grey zone is jesus riding on a horse with a sword in his mouth to fight the ennemies,the problem with this picture is that the world has evolved since the time of that vision,today,armies dont use roman weaponeries anymore,they use choppers,humvees and ak47s .a sword is no match for a rocket.

lastly,the last days started over 2000 years ago
remember hebrews 1:1 and acts 2:17?

so,not only our generation exists in the last days but even the french revolution and the renaissance where already the last days. which means,after our generation has gone,there might be 250 other generarions before the rapture.

sorry for the long sermon,but i look forward to hearing from the poster
Re: Is The Rapture Pre-, Mid Or Post-trib? by eddy1977(m): 3:56am On Nov 26, 2010
Before i forget:

what difference does pre,mid and post tribulation make for the thousands of believers who are killed each year in the conseevative non christian nations? the thousands of christians in southern sudan,and in algeria and mauritania who are killed daily.do they care about pre,mid and post?

if i can tolerated to me made fun of and cussed out for my faith today in these somewhat peaceful days,what makes me think i could take a bullet for my faith in troubled days?
Re: Is The Rapture Pre-, Mid Or Post-trib? by aletheia(m): 9:50am On Nov 26, 2010
eddy1977:

Just a few concerns:

is there such a thing as a rapture or is it a man made theology?

^There is such a thing as the "rapture" but popular conceptions of what it is are man-made traditions with little biblical support.

eddy1977:

what difference does pre,mid and post tribulation make for the thousands of believers who are killed each year in the conseevative non christian nations? the thousands of christians in southern sudan,and in algeria and mauritania who are killed daily.do they care about pre,mid and post?

^And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. (Revelation 7:14)

And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled. (Revelation 6:9-11)

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Channel On Dstv / The Word Of God Is Light And Life / Where Is Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.