Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Contact With The Dead - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Contact With The Dead (874 Views)

Doctor Prays Over Dead Patient, Raises Him From The Dead / Pictures & Characteristics Of The Dead Sea / Video: T.B Joshua Raises A Man From The Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contact With The Dead by xgel: 6:55am On Dec 28, 2010
Why don't our loved ones contact us or try to stay in touch with us after they've passed away?
Re: Contact With The Dead by Kay17: 7:06am On Dec 28, 2010
Cos they are non existent. That's my opinion.
Re: Contact With The Dead by Ymodulus: 8:32am On Dec 28, 2010
Cos when they die they die, they know nothing anylonger.
Re: Contact With The Dead by nurabela: 1:03am On Dec 29, 2010
The dead are separated from the living.
Re: Contact With The Dead by xxcarolxx(f): 3:04am On Dec 29, 2010
It was a few days after my dad passed away, i was sitting in his chair, he had a reading lamp attached to the top of the chair. I was talking to a friend who had dropped in to offer her sympathies, while we were talking his lamp came on, we just looked at each other astounded, as there was no way any one could of switched on the lamp. We took it as a sign, that he has reached the other side and all is well, Some people may laugh at this believe me i would of been one of them, only i seen this with my own eyes, we even had to pull out the chair to see where the switch was,
Re: Contact With The Dead by manmustwac(m): 3:21am On Dec 29, 2010
If the dead reallly were in a place called heaven or hell they would at least find some way to communicate with the living to tell us what to expect in the afterlife. There was no beforelife so there is no afterlife.
Re: Contact With The Dead by manmustwac(m): 3:32am On Dec 29, 2010
xxcarolxx:

It was a few days after my dad passed away, i was sitting in his chair, he had a reading lamp attached to the top of the chair. I was talking to a friend who had dropped in to offer her sympathies, [b]while we were talking his lamp came on, we just looked at each other astounded, as there was no way any one could of switched on the lamp. We took it as a sign, that he has reached the other side [/b]and all is well, Some people may laugh at this believe me i would of been one of them, only i seen this with my own eyes, we even had to pull out the chair to see where the switch was,
There is no way that that is a sign from your late father to say that he had reached the other side safely there must be an explanation to why the light came on. If it really was your father he would've done something more convincing like just appear in the flesh in at a time when all the family were present. And tell you that he's having a swell time in Heaven. (Which has never been happened before) But then unfortunately when your dead your DEAD!
Re: Contact With The Dead by xxcarolxx(f): 3:47am On Dec 29, 2010
There is no explanation to why the lamp came on, and he ain't jesus to appear in the flesh, My mum and sis were also present when this happened, None of us can explain why his lamp came on,
Re: Contact With The Dead by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 29, 2010
xxcarolxx:

It was a few days after my dad passed away, i was sitting in his chair, he had a reading lamp attached to the top of the chair. I was talking to a friend who had dropped in to offer her sympathies, while we were talking his lamp came on, we just looked at each other astounded, as there was no way any one could of switched on the lamp. We took it as a sign, that he has reached the other side and all is well, Some people may laugh at this believe me i would of been one of them, only i seen this with my own eyes, we even had to pull out the chair to see where the switch was,

Ode! sad
Re: Contact With The Dead by manmustwac(m): 10:55am On Dec 29, 2010
@xxxcarolxxx
so because the light came on you guys interpret that to mean that he reached the other side (Heaven) safely? What if the light was on in the evening instead & it went off would that mean that he had arrived safely in hell since light had turned to darkness?
Re: Contact With The Dead by xxcarolxx(f): 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2010
Lol no we wud of thought the esb cut de power for some reason. Lights going out you can explain, but lights turning on of there own accord, We just took it as a sign he is well where ever he may be,
Re: Contact With The Dead by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 03, 2011
I DO believe in ghosts/spirits.
Being that I am alive I cannot answer your question with certainty however, my family is VERY spiritual and believe in Obeah/spirits. My mother and several family members claimed to have been contacted by my deceased grandfather via dreams on several occasions as well as other family members who have passed on. Considering certain circumstances and events that have followed I believe in it.

EX: TRUE STORY I SWEAR! Ok, one time when my mother was in her late teens (around 18) when she first came to America, she kept having a dream that her father would complain and bother her saying weird things. One night he reappeared in her dream and she asked "Why are you bothering me?" and he replied "I cannot rest! Somebody is on top of me!, I cannot rest!" She called her uncle and explained it to him, and he told her himself and their sister (her aunt) had the same dream. Years later it was discovered that sure enough, the cemetery being over crowded, some jack arse buried another person on top of my grand father's burial spot (coffin on top of coffin). They ended up removing the other deceased person to another part but if that is not amazing, i dont know WHAT IS!

Another time my mom won some small change ($1,000 U.S.) while playing the lotto (i think that is what she said, or some random money game anyway. . .), and it was apparently her father again who gave her the winning numbers in her dream.

More weird stories like that occur very often with my mom, myself and other members of our family. This is why I am so passionate about these things.
Re: Contact With The Dead by eyzhvntsn: 11:26pm On Jan 03, 2011
Errrr!!! U can contact the 'Ghost whisperer'
Re: Contact With The Dead by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 04, 2011
When someone is dead, such a person knows NOTHING. Remember, Satan is the wisest person on earth, he'll do just anything to win souls to hell. Seeing ghosts or spirit of deceased ones is a sign of Evil Spirits at Work! As simple as pie!
Re: Contact With The Dead by InesQor(m): 12:33pm On Jan 04, 2011
Contact with the Dead is very easy business.

Just walk into your local cemetery and shake hands with any member of the congregation grin
Re: Contact With The Dead by Ymodulus: 2:31pm On Jan 04, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

I DO believe in ghosts/spirits.
Being that I am alive I cannot answer your question with certainty however, my family is VERY spiritual and believe in Obeah/spirits. My mother and several family members claimed to have been contacted by my deceased grandfather via dreams on several occasions as well as other family members who have passed on. Considering certain circumstances and events that have followed I believe in it.

EX: TRUE STORY I SWEAR! Ok, one time when my mother was in her late teens (around 18) when she first came to America, she kept having a dream that her father would complain and bother her saying weird things. One night he reappeared in her dream and she asked "Why are you bothering me?" and he replied "I cannot rest! Somebody is on top of me!, I cannot rest!" She called her uncle and explained it to him, and he told her himself and their sister (her aunt) had the same dream. Years later it was discovered that sure enough, the cemetery being over crowded, some jack arse buried another person on top of my grand father's burial spot (coffin on top of coffin). They ended up removing the other deceased person to another part but if that is not amazing, i dont know WHAT IS!

Another time my mom won some small change ($1,000 U.S.) while playing the lotto (i think that is what she said, or some random money game anyway. . .), and it was apparently her father again who gave her the winning numbers in her dream.

More weird stories like that occur very often with my mom, myself and other members of our family. This is why I am so passionate about these things.

story, story, storiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Once upon the time there lived a big delusional call MZDarkskin. Ha pls spare me this lies. If truly this happened it means your mum had a scientific contact, and not a contact with the dead. Those who dead are dead and are conscious of nothing, so your mum definately was contacted by a magician or a scientific religionist. Thats the answer to your delusions

(1) (Reply)

An Islamic World? / Surely No One In That Doomed Plane Read Psalm 91 / What The Religion Of Prophets In The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.