Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? (25506 Views)

Chinese Market Where You Can Build A Smartphone From Scratch In A Couple Of Hour / Five Reasons Why Kids Should Not Own A Smartphone / Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:35am On Nov 22, 2019
mechanics:
The life span of a phone depends on the usage and handling, someone can handle a phone and it will last longer whereas another person can handle a phone and it won't last long.

Exactly
It depends largely on who is using it and how it's been used.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by Designerdollars: 8:35am On Nov 22, 2019
I just dey laugh when i enter the thread!! grin these Chinese guys must think Nigerians are stupid cheesy
livebyday:

Like I said alot of poorly paid tecno and infinix marketers create posts like this

I don't know if the Chinese think Nigerians are stupid ?

1 Like

Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:36am On Nov 22, 2019
Quality20:
tecno shd take a break, allow us time to rock camon x to 12, spark 2, n 3

Every phone brand release phone every year to stay in business.
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by wilsonchilboy(m): 8:37am On Nov 22, 2019
Huncle Oya make ur point lemme get u wel
livebyday:
[s][/s]
When you read lies by desperate infinix marketers
You just can't help but shake your head
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by khalidx: 8:46am On Nov 22, 2019
nnaomaog:
Talking about innovation...these brands keep bringing out and upgrading....Samsung, Tecno, Infinix....etc..

But these new innovation suppose to be cost friendly also ...and I believe the only brand that is cost friendly is Tecno.

The phantom 9 is fabulous and I wish to get that phone for myself.

Right now I use Infinix but will swap for the Phantom
we are talking about phones you are calling tecno........
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by RealTrump: 8:52am On Nov 22, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
This thread is for Tecno marketers. Una well done oh! grin

As for the topic at hand, I think the producers decide on the shelf life of a gadget. Each time a newer phone is produced with better features, the former becomes obsolete.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by fruqy(m): 9:00am On Nov 22, 2019
Abiodunspectre:

You're wrong though
A smartphone largely depends on how you use it be it Tecno, Samsung or iPhone. Have been using Camon 11 Pro for 13 months now and the phone is doing just fine.

Any smart phone that doesn't receive software updates or security updates is not secure. You're just wasting your money. Even Google themselves find bugs on a daily basis in the OS. September 2019 bug gives access to hackers on your phone. It was fixed in Oct 2019 security update. Did your phone receive it? No. You're on your own.

1 Like

Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by Abiodunspectre(m): 9:25am On Nov 22, 2019
fruqy:

Any smart phone that doesn't receive software updates or security updates is not secure. You're just wasting your money. Even Google themselves find bugs on a daily basis in the OS. September 2019 bug gives access to hackers on your phone. It was fixed in Oct 2019 security update. Did your phone receive it? No. You're on your own.

Yes I receive frequent Android security patch update
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by mechanics(m): 9:32am On Nov 22, 2019
Abiodunspectre:

Exactly
It depends largely on who is using it and how it's been used.
Yes o.
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by penguinpikin: 9:35am On Nov 22, 2019
Max 3 years
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by paltielx: 9:54am On Nov 22, 2019
Still rocking my umidigi a3 pro with wonderful specs

1 Like

Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by ernieboy(m): 11:51am On Nov 22, 2019
IgbosNIGHTMARE:
[s][/s]

SEE HOW TECNO MARKETERS FULL THIS THREAD grin

God forbid I ever use that scrap again.

If you want to ever get value for your money buying all this Chinese phones, go for something CHEAPER, STRONGER AND BETTER LIKE
xiaomi
Oppo
Umidigi
Oukitel etc

BTW,
You don't seem to know the meaning of "shelf life.
umidigi is better than tecno? have u used it?
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by theoneJabulani(m): 12:23pm On Nov 22, 2019
ernieboy:
umidigi is far better
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by meobizy(f): 12:54pm On Nov 22, 2019
My phone’s shelf life is till when I can’t use it again or it gets stolen. I still have a Nokia 5800 from December 2008. It has served me well and I still operate it at least twice weekly.
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by BabaIbo: 1:29pm On Nov 22, 2019
wilsonchilboy:
Sorry 4 th lost bro all these yeye cult boys and phone theft na 5 n 6 na watin make them the rotten for prison... Hot 4 was a strong phone then sha the phone tried 4 me

Thanks bro...
Not cult boys tho, it happened in one of the northern states where I served.
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by marksleek25: 1:32pm On Nov 22, 2019
Anyone know much about the Nokia 6.2 or 7.2? I'm seriously thinking of getting a Nokia smartphone.
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by BabaIbo: 1:34pm On Nov 22, 2019
livebyday:

I don't understand what you mean by not bad

The phones are trash

LoL, you no get joy o cheesy grin
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by Mabemax: 2:59pm On Nov 22, 2019
What about itel ���
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by tboydbrave(m): 4:10pm On Nov 22, 2019
Have been using my Microsoft Lumia for 5 cracy years now. If not say Dem dey shut down dis December. Na him I go dey use dey go but I no get choice now. But I prefer to g for a durable phone dat would last me another 4 or 5 years than go for cheap ones. Xaiomi or Samsung be my choice. Like I said durability is my key watch word here.
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by Nowenuse: 5:23pm On Nov 22, 2019
IgbosNIGHTMARE:
[s][/s]

SEE HOW TECNO MARKETERS FULL THIS THREAD grin

God forbid I ever use that scrap again.

If you want to ever get value for your money buying all this Chinese phones, go for something CHEAPER, STRONGER AND BETTER LIKE
xiaomi
Oppo
Umidigi
Oukitel etc

BTW,
You don't seem to know the meaning of "shelf life.

My problem with some of these unknown phones, if they are faulty, you can hardly get their parts easily from your local phone repair plaza in your city, especially if you are not living in the big cities like Lagos.

But if na infinix & Tecno phones, you get their accessories everywhere.
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by theoneJabulani(m): 5:31pm On Nov 22, 2019
Nowenuse:

My problem with some of these unknown phones, if they are faulty, you can hardly get their parts easily from your local phone repair plaza in your city, especially if you are not living in the big cities like Lagos.

This is a retarded method of thinking, if the phones are handled with care, they will rarely develop fault. Besides parts can be easily ordered from AliExpress.
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by Androidking: 7:41pm On Nov 22, 2019
The Op never mentioned any phone at all in this analysis, that a Tecno user commend Tecno product is that a problem, what I am waiting is to hear a xiaomi user to tell me he or she is using a 2 year old phone, most of them change phones like crazy,

Let me ask u if phone shelf life is 2-3 years, why den do they produce more than 7 series in the space of one year, they for allow each phone to reach 2-3 years before producing another one na ....

Everything is money and 70% of people changing phones is because of Changephonobia we all are phone freaks..

My boss is using Camon 11, he no get time for processor or. Update or ROM as far as he can snap with it and do normal android stuff..
My other Boss is using Samsun A50, the only thing I know about that phone is Whatsapp, he make calls with Nokia touch, so his expensive Samsung is just for Whatsapp and snapping..the reason is he just like Samsung.

But remember the two individual are still achieving the same thing using different products carefully.

My Samsung boss don't even do monthly security update intact he always off data to save Mb

All the company are just using us to make money.

Der is no much different between Samsung m20 and A30

No much different between redmi note 7 and note 8 if not design and 4 cameras,

IPhone 10 is a Greate phone so will they produce iPhone 11 now they are planning iPhone 12...

All of them are the same using us to make money, most features in these phones we won't use them in the next 5 years still we change it, so I guess we change phone just because we want and have d money, its sickness that will be difficult to cure as far as Nigeria youths are concern.... And finally most people buying cheap Tecno for der cheap price to enjoy android experience not because of update and processor bla bla

Am using Note 5 infinix what can ur do that mine won't do pls tell me (don't mind my English)

3 Likes

Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by Androidking: 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2019
theoneJabulani:
This is a retarded method of thinking, if the phones are handled with care, they will rarely develop fault. Besides parts can be easily ordered from AliExpress.

Ordered meaning it will take time to search for..

Then u need internet and time for payment

U need to time for it to land ur country.
Den time to reach ur place before getting ENGR to repair for u.

And u are comparing it to, I just move to st Michaels road aba get the parts repair sharp sharp pay cash and go back home the same day.... Abegi.... No be everyone get time, everything get advantages and disadvantages
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by theoneJabulani(m): 8:22pm On Nov 22, 2019
Androidking:

Ordered meaning it will take time to search for..

Then u need internet and time for payment

U need to time for it to land ur country.
Den time to reach ur place before getting ENGR to repair for u.

And u are comparing it to, I just move to st Michaels road aba get the parts repair sharp sharp pay cash and go back home the same day.... Abegi.... No be everyone get time, everything get advantages and disadvantages
everything has advantages and disadvantages, true. But when making a decision, make sure the advantages outweighs the disadvantages. The only disadvantages of these "unknown" phone is the lack of replacement parts and smart people are catching up to that and have seen a business opportunity there. If your umidigi or ulefone screen breaks, hurry to repairpalng at Ikeja or workingperfect1 or experttouchtech and it will be fixed for you. You can easily fix other faults too. Xiaomi came to Nigeria this year, and other brands will follow, when they do, no one will tell you transsion is ripping us off.

1 Like

Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 10:22pm On Nov 22, 2019
Nowenuse:

That's not true
90% of their parts are at alaba market
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 10:23pm On Nov 22, 2019
ernieboy:
Definitely
I bought 3 versions for people and it's 3 years already
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by Androidking: 11:52pm On Nov 22, 2019
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

Definitely
I bought 3 versions for people and it's 3 years already

Do u know how many of my friends using Tecno for 3 years too... So what is ur point, what will umigidi do that other transition phones won't do,
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by Androidking: 11:59pm On Nov 22, 2019
theoneJabulani:
everything has advantages and disadvantages, true. But when making a decision, make sure the advantages outweighs the disadvantages. The only disadvantages of these "unknown" phone is the lack of replacement parts and smart people are catching up to that and have seen a business opportunity there. If your umidigi or ulefone screen breaks, hurry to repairpalng at Ikeja or workingperfect1 or experttouchtech and it will be fixed for you. You can easily fix other faults too. Xiaomi came to Nigeria this year, and other brands will follow, when they do, no one will tell you transsion is ripping us off.

And u forget that time is precious...
Smart people are catching up,? ? ? , , grin grin grin catching wetin ?? phone na food or car, as because of phone, if u think u are smart ??

go and create better software for us, no body send all those things all these people forming smart people are doing it just here on Nairaland, non of them get YouTube channel on xiaomi or even blog promoting Xiaomi na only nairaland here attacking Tecno and Infinix

Using Tecno phone doesn't make u less a smart person my brother.

In terms of d disadvantages it is enough reason to tell someone not to buy xiaomi phone, I own TLC smartphone sold it to a friend sweet phone, she drowned the phone by mistake up til now she couldn't see the part in the market, I have used enough brands like THL, and others that I don't even remember der names, phones parts is huge excuse to have Tecno phones,

I never xiaomi, I only don't like the Nairaland users, the blame Tecno marketers just to boast Redmi and its annoying
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by theoneJabulani(m): 12:21am On Nov 23, 2019
Androidking:

And u forget that time is precious...
Smart people are catching up,? ? ? , , grin grin grin catching wetin ?? phone na food or car, as because of phone, if u think u are smart ??

go and create better software for us, no body send all those things all these people forming smart people are doing it just here on Nairaland, non of them get YouTube channel on xiaomi or even blog promoting Xiaomi na only nairaland here attacking Tecno and Infinix

Using Tecno phone doesn't make u less a smart person my brother.

In terms of d disadvantages it is enough reason to tell someone not to buy xiaomi phone, I own TLC smartphone sold it to a friend sweet phone, she drowned the phone by mistake up til now she couldn't see the part in the market, I have used enough brands like THL, and others that I don't even remember der names, phones parts is huge excuse to have Tecno phones,

I never xiaomi, I only don't like the Nairaland users, the blame Tecno marketers just to boast Redmi and its annoying
This is just a simple discussion, nobody is forming brainiac, where in my comment did I say tecno users are not smart? What I am trying to say is, people have seen the lack of replacement parts as a means to make money, lots of people are going for unknown phone brands, therefore the demand is increasing for replacement parts. 2 years ago it would have been hard to find new screen, batteries, charging ports for Xiaomi and the likes in the open Nigerian market. But the case is different today, not that you will find the parts at every corner but still there is improvement. And things will get better. If your beloved Tecno don't up their game they will be blown away. Can you compare the Umidigi A3PRO with Tecno spark 3, or Umidigi Power with Tecno camon 12 or either umidigi F1 or redmi note 7 with phantom 9?
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 9:41am On Nov 23, 2019
Androidking:

Do u know how many of my friends using Tecno for 3 years too... So what is ur point, what will umigidi do that other transition phones won't do,
The point is that, tecno is a ripoff. Those other brands are cheap
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by Fragility6: 12:47pm On Nov 23, 2019
motionarena:
For Tecno its one year
Can testify about thier camera. After one year or less dan sef,d camera quality go turn chinko type
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by Lawalemi(m): 1:06pm On Nov 23, 2019
My Huawei Y6 has refused to die. I want it to die because I can't throw it away

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out / Incredible Things You Can Do With Your Smartphone / What Type Of Phone Are You Using At The Moment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.