Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? (25507 Views)

Chinese Market Where You Can Build A Smartphone From Scratch In A Couple Of Hour / Five Reasons Why Kids Should Not Own A Smartphone / Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by Androidking: 3:04pm On Nov 23, 2019
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

The point is that, tecno is a ripoff. Those other brands are cheap

Bros u are simply phone freak and u will get tired of it, no matter the quality of the phone u use now u will like change again, I was ones like u,

As of now people don't buy phone now because of anything special, its just because they are tired
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by Androidking: 3:10pm On Nov 23, 2019
theoneJabulani:
This is just a simple discussion, nobody is forming brainiac, where in my comment did I say tecno users are not smart? What I am trying to say is, people have seen the lack of replacement parts as a means to make money, lots of people are going for unknown phone brands, therefore the demand is increasing for replacement parts. 2 years ago it would have been hard to find new screen, batteries, charging ports for Xiaomi and the likes in the open Nigerian market. But the case is different today, not that you will find the parts at every corner but still there is improvement. And things will get better. If your beloved Tecno don't up their game they will be blown away. Can you compare the Umidigi A3PRO with Tecno spark 3, or Umidigi Power with Tecno camon 12 or either umidigi F1 or redmi note 7 with phantom 9?

And what do u think Umidigi will do Tecno won't do, Camon 12 has virtual sim card, it has two front flash...
Its not the best phone but tell me which xiaomi phone has these two...

Minus the processor what else is the problem...

Nothing, 90% of Nigerians don't send what is inside the phone so stop killing urself.

Xiaomi are making money, dey don't need u to make money, if they think they want more buyers they should increase der marketing strategy, do promos..
Create more shops, with time it will be popular, that's what Tecno did to over shadow Nokia, not that they are better than Nokia,

Until Xiaomi company do that, just leave Tecno users alone.

Am still hoping to buy Xiaomi note 8 is my infinix note 5 won't get android 10,

Some of u said infinix don't give monthly security patch.

Buy my phone is came with android 8.1 I upgraded it to android 9.1 now it will go to android 10..
Tecno spark 4 will get android 10 too.

And u that is not value for money right?

Who is next?
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by theoneJabulani(m): 3:50pm On Nov 23, 2019
Androidking:

And what do u think Umidigi will do Tecno won't do, Camon 12 has virtual sim card, it has two front flash...

Nothing, 90% of Nigerians don't send what is inside the phone so stop killing urself.

Xiaomi are making money, dey don't need u to make money, if they think they want more buyers they should increase der marketing strategy, do promos..
Create more shops, with time it will be popular, that's what Tecno did to over shadow Nokia, not that they are better than Nokia,

Buy my phone is came with android 8.1 I upgraded it to android 9.1 now it will go to android 10..

Who is next?
you know what? Let's wait till you get the redmi note 8, then we won't even be having this argument. I swear you will see the difference.
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by Blastedholligan: 7:20am On Nov 24, 2019
I've noticed that phones deteriorate with time.
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by Blastedholligan: 7:22am On Nov 24, 2019
Androidking:

Who is next?
exactly! People don't understand that Transsion has done there ground work to gain top of mind. Let other brands do that before gaining relevance.
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by Chuksteric(m): 7:46am On Nov 24, 2019
Androidking:

Who is next?
lol ... Spark 4 will get android 10 but I know that it'll be better to remain on 9 because Tecno doesn't spend money on developers. Example is the camon c8 which never passed through the beta release .. Even the phantom 6 back then I had to switch back to marshmallow because the bugs couldn't be fixed.. Those were the only two phones that Tecno attempted to update and it was a painful mess.. The processors too are not meant for the long run.. in the last three years, they went from using Helio p23 to p22 for their last three camon products!! How do you expect it to fare with apps in two years?? Or should we talk about how buggy their OS is ? The note 5 you mentioned is on the android one program and that's why it's receiving updates because they partnered with Google.. They won't even do it now because of the stiff competition and because they need to generate money from the pop up ads that is messing up their OS.. People don't hate Tecno!! They hate their comfortability with mediocrity!! I can go on and on
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by Blastedholligan: 10:35am On Nov 24, 2019
wilsonchilboy:
Truetalk cus i used my infinix hot 4 for 2 years without issues and from the 3rd year ma nigga period start to flow i just kuku keep am one place the use small nokia by next week i'd go get hot 8 pro
life goes on
abi na
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by Blastedholligan: 10:36am On Nov 24, 2019
Quality20:
tecno shd take a break, allow us time to rock camon x to 12, spark 2, n 3
I also think they should take a break from bringing out too many devices and leverage on the ones they've brought out.
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by Blastedholligan: 10:38am On Nov 24, 2019
Edge1:

The earlier you set your mind far away from MTK devices, the better for you.
I've used Tecno, infinix and Itel phones and I never realized this until I started using Samsung.
bro, MTK also has high end devices o.

1 Like

Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by Androidking: 5:55pm On Nov 24, 2019
Blastedholligan:
I also think they should take a break from bringing out too many devices and leverage on the ones they've brought out.

They are not the only ones, Samsung released about 8 different phones in space of 3 months this year...
Xiaomi did too.
So many brands did.....

Its normal thing, d problem is we the enlightened ones are always eager to change phones...

This is the first time in 6 years I used a phone upto 6 months... And truthfully it worth it, I guess if we all try it... D true phone will surface because then we will know which company last longer
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by SofttBae: 7:46pm On Nov 27, 2019
mechanics:
Hope the phone is not that expensive?
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by mechanics(m): 8:49pm On Nov 27, 2019
SofttBae:
wow, above minimum wage.
Re: Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? by natsuDragneel: 5:10am On Nov 28, 2019
See as Tecno and Infinix users/marketers/mumus full everywhere dey hail Transsion.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

To some Nigerians, in the hierarchy of phones, after iPhone and Samsung, Infinix and Tecno is next cheesy cheesy cheesy

Wetin Musa no go see for gate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out / Incredible Things You Can Do With Your Smartphone / What Type Of Phone Are You Using At The Moment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.