Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist (15962 Views)

Nathaniel Olayinka, FUNAAB Student Kidnapped! Students Protest (pictures) / Nwabuba Victor Ifeanyi In Forex Scam: FUNAAB Student Dupes Professors, Students / FUNAAB Student Caught Placing Bet During A Lecture (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by Shehuyinka: 11:01am On Nov 06, 2019
A STUDENT at the Department of Forestry and Wildlife, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) Ogun State, Ifemosu Micheal expelled by the university has explained the reason behind his expulsion.

Micheal was expelled by the university authorities after the institution’s disciplinary committee found him guilty of insubordination and defamation of character through the article he published.

“I wrote about the school’s transportation system and the indiscriminate arrest of students of the institution by the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) and the Economic Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) within the school premises,” he said in a phone chat with The ICIR.

He said FUNAAB Bureau of Transportation (FUNAABOT) has performed below expectations as there is unavailability of buses to convey almost 15,000 students of the institution.

He therefore demanded in his article an explanation from the school management on the causes of unavailability of buses to convey the students to school but did not query how the FUNAABOT spent the money on exotic cars as alleged by the institution.

He, however, told The ICIR that he was not expelled because of the article he wrote, saying that the article was merely used as a cover-up.

“Witch-hunting and politicking is the reason behind my expulsion by the Varsity’s management,” Micheal said.

He alleged that the management found out that he is the General Secretary of African Action Congress, Ogun state, a party registered by the publisher of Sahara Reporters, Omoyele Sowore.

He said when he was interviewed by the School Disciplinary Committee, one of the members of the committee said he made research on him and knows about his alliance with Omoyele Sowore.

“I was asked at the meeting with the School Disciplinary Committee if I know the Vice-Chancellor is the Buhari of the institution?” he said.

He stated that when he asked for an explanation of the statement, he was told the Vice-Chancellor is representing the Nigerian President, Muhammadu Buhari in the University and since his affiliation is against him then he is against the Vice-Chancellor of the school.

The ICIR contacted the FUNAAB Dean of Student Affairs, Babatunde Idowu, who said allegations made by Ifemosu Micheal before and after his allegations are wrong.

He said as a member of the senate committee of the institution, he was part of the meeting that decided that Ifemosu Micheal be expelled from the school.

According to him, he said he invited the expelled student to his office about the article and demanded that he provide evidence for alleging that the FUNAABOT mismanaged funds meant for the maintenance of the transport system.

The DSA said before he was invited to the Disciplinary Committee, he had personally called him to his office to educate and counsel him about his allegations.

https://www.icirnigeria.org/why-i-was-expelled-from-the-university-%e2%80%95-funaab-student-activist/

3 Shares

Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by Cutefergieee: 11:43am On Nov 06, 2019
Another FTC after a long while.. I want to thank my father in the lord and my mother in the lord,my church members, my fellow workers in the vineyard,all the holy ghost police personnel,my fans,my loved ones and all nairalanders for this wonderful opportunity of being chosen as the FTC Nigerian on this thread.

Thanks and God bless The Federal republic Of Nigeria..

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by seangy4konji: 11:44am On Nov 06, 2019
Go and start yahoo..

You will still employ the vc later

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by Zionzuba: 11:44am On Nov 06, 2019
Sometimes being active in school politics doesn't end well. Had one student Union president that graduated years after his mates

2 Likes

Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by TechCapon(m): 11:44am On Nov 06, 2019
Department of forestry and wildlife grin

My guy, if I were you I'd go to church and give testimony, God loves you that's why he kicked you out so you'll use those 4 years to achieve something meaningful with your life.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 06, 2019
You were rude in that letter and made unsubstantiated claim and allegations. There is a thin line between constructive criticism and libel.

The same way one Adeyeye Olufemi called senate of the University of Lagos a conglomeration of academic ignorami. He went ahead to call the resources invested on the VC a waste. Was that meant to be constructive criticism or a coordinated, sponsored attack on the VC and others mentioned and alleged in the article?

You should dance to the tune of the music you played for yourself. Young people should understand that in their quest for fame, unsubstantiated claims can land them in trouble.

Clowns parading as activists.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by zidek(m): 11:45am On Nov 06, 2019
There is hope for you!
Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by mitchyy(f): 11:45am On Nov 06, 2019
You speak up, you suffer. You don't speak, you suffer. What's the way forward Naija?

3 Likes

Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by chibu4u2(m): 11:46am On Nov 06, 2019
shocked

Like the saying goes....................... "freedom of speech is guaranteed but freedom after speech is not guaranteed".

This is Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by ednut1(m): 11:47am On Nov 06, 2019
These are the kind of people sowore breeds. They cannot pass their points without adding arrogance, unsubstantiated claims.

1 Like

Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by dgr8truth(m): 11:47am On Nov 06, 2019
It's now a crime to ask for accountability from those occupying position of service. How can we progress as a nation if accountability is alien to us? Tomorrow the school authority will be saying trash about the fg.

Which the Nigerian youths and students of funaab will come together and fight this high handedness, unfortunately our priority as youths is bbnaija Celebs and other foolish celebs.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by digicoon: 11:47am On Nov 06, 2019
Ndo
Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by YorubaPrince: 11:48am On Nov 06, 2019
Vagabonds-In-Power! angry

3 Likes

Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by iCauseTrouble: 11:49am On Nov 06, 2019
shocked
Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by OGwales(m): 11:50am On Nov 06, 2019
Naija of our dream can never come true... NEVER
Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by omoadeleye(m): 11:51am On Nov 06, 2019
Go school and face your study, you go dey do busy body up and down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 06, 2019
shocked

In a saner clime, it should be outside the official jurisdiction of a school to solely expel a student based on a legal case of defamation of character, all for the purpose of witch-hunt, of a student activist or members of Student's Union, who are considered as threats.
It could have been a cleaner shot if he was involved in cultism, examination malpractises or related offences.

Same way some schools jail active students over their posts on Facebook, while some VCs and lecturers witch-hunt and mete out severe punishments to some students based on the personal grudges they have with them.
Very soon, cells and prisons would be a resting place for some VCs and university officers with the way they trespass their official authorities.

Meting out political victimization and witch-hunt under the guise of academic punishment.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by AgentNairaland(f): 11:52am On Nov 06, 2019
Sorry En.. Ogun State Is Now Moving Towards Becoming An Islamic State

He stated that when he asked for an explanation of the statement, he was told the Vice-Chancellor is representing the Nigerian President, Muhammadu Buhari in the University and since his affiliation is against him then he is against the Vice-Chancellor of the school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by TalabiAudu: 11:53am On Nov 06, 2019
See as this one finish him school

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by americaninja1: 11:58am On Nov 06, 2019
Should i say the guy is foolishly brave, or madly brave.. Before u can publish that kind of allegation. Ushould have ur fact and findings stated with it, so dat anybody who reads it will know dat u made an adequate research and u have ur fact, dats d only way u can make them tremble. But uno get fact , uno do research. Just type hearsay 4 ur room, print am, kan dey form like boss for indian film.

1 Like

Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by lastmessenger: 11:59am On Nov 06, 2019
Imagine how much these guys can asslick Buhari?
Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by mcmbonu: 12:03pm On Nov 06, 2019
You speak up, you suffer. You don't speak, you suffer. What's the way forward Naija?
Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by LibertyRep: 12:08pm On Nov 06, 2019
I have interacted with this guy on one or two occasions and he cuts across as an intelligent person who wouldn't make such careless allegations without evidences.

The University management has already become a judge in their own case and of course, nothing he says before the disciplinary committe would make any sense to them.

And yes, our universities shouldn't be a breeding ground for docile and feeble minded individuals who would 'hear no evil and see no evil'. It is dangerous for the bigger society.

Ironically, a certain professor from that same university was always on radio programs across the state capital castigating and criticising the former government of the state ( rightly so) . Just a little criticism from one of their students, they can't contend with and had to bear their fangs.

Ifemosu should approach the court already. If the management feels defamed rightly, they should go to court too.

7 Likes

Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by mandate12: 12:18pm On Nov 06, 2019
chibu4u2:
shocked

Like the saying goes....................... "freedom of speech is guaranteed but freedom after speech is not guaranteed".

This is Nigeria.

It's not a matter of 'freedom of speech '. These days people go about peddling unsubstantiated allegations with impunity. You should be 100% sure of whatever you want to feed the public.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by ntyce(m): 12:46pm On Nov 06, 2019
BananaTree:
You were rude in that letter and made unsubstantiated claim and allegations. There is a thin line between constructive criticism and libel.

The same way one Adeyeye Olufemi called senate of the University of Lagos a conglomeration of academic ignorami. He went ahead to call the resources invested on the VC a waste. Was that meant to be constructive criticism or a coordinated, sponsored attack on the VC and others mentioned and alleged in the article?

You should dance to the tune of the music you played for yourself. Young people should understand that in their quest for fame, unsubstantiated claims can land them in trouble.

Clowns parading as activists.

That's the problem with most of these so-called activists, they always want to impress with big grammar, they end up saying rubbish and passing insults.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by yomalex(m): 2:07pm On Nov 06, 2019
Okay
Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by Fastlinkpro: 2:48pm On Nov 06, 2019
TechCapon:
Department of forestry and wildlife .
IN this country Guy Just Thank God. .
Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by vezycash(m): 2:55pm On Nov 06, 2019
Here's a personal experience with "investigations" by school authorities.

When i was at Covenant, one my roommates removed a ram chip from another roommate's laptop to play pro evolution multiplayer mode at night. btw, we were 4 in the room. The idiot was on bad terms with the owner of the laptop. Did not ask his permission and forgot to put it back.

Morning came, the owner of laptop noticed his laptop running slow and immediately checked ram. The guy went straight to the culprit to ask for his ram because he knew no one else would do it. The idiot laughed and told the guy to go look for his ram where he kept it.

The laptop owner threatened to report to the school. The idiot thought the dude was joking and said, do your worst. Before 1pm, school authorities were in the room and searched, couldn't find a thing. Later the idiot panicked and dropped it in another room mate's locker. But the idiot did not know that ram has manufacturer and serial number.

Laptop owner got the ram and said, "This is not my ram." Even I was a bit pissed. You've got ram of the same size, let the matter drop. The authorties came back again and opened everyone's laptop. Lo and behold, the idiot's laptop had the matching ram in his laptop.

Case closed right?

Next day, the idiot's father came to school - happened to be a high ranking church member. At night, we were all summoned to one lady's office like that. Her office was under the dean of student affairs - forgotten the dude's name (happened 10 years plus ago)

The woman asked us one simple question, "Who did you think did it?"

Me with my church mind laid out the facts. Then her reply shocked me. The 419 lady in Pastor's clothing asked me if I knew the meaning of SLANDER. I gave her the definition and she nodded.

She said that I was slandering the idiot. And that if she hears the matter anywhere else, that I would be "booked" - meaning, Suspended or expelled.

End of story.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifemosu Micheal: Why I Was Expelled From The University― FUNAAB Student Activist by 12inchDickson: 9:02pm On Nov 06, 2019
vezycash:
Here's a personal experience with "investigations" by school authorities.

When i was at Covenant, one my roommates removed a ram chip from another roommate's laptop to play pro evolution multiplayer mode at night. btw, we were 4 in the room. The idiot was on bad terms with the owner of the laptop. Did not ask his permission and forgot to put it back.

Morning came, the owner of laptop noticed his laptop running slow and immediately checked ram. The guy went straight to the culprit to ask for his ram because he knew no one else would do it. The idiot laughed and told the guy to go look for his ram where he kept it.

The laptop owner threatened to report to the school. The idiot thought the dude was joking and said, do your worst. Before 1pm, school authorities were in the room and searched, couldn't find a thing. Later the idiot panicked and dropped it in another room mate's locker. But the idiot did not know that ram has manufacturer and serial number.

Laptop owner got the ram and said, "This is not my ram." Even I was a bit pissed. You've got ram of the same size, let the matter drop. The authorties came back again and opened everyone's laptop. Lo and behold, the idiot's laptop had the matching ram in his laptop.

Case closed right?

Next day, the idiot's father came to school - happened to be a high ranking church member. At night, we were all summoned to one lady's office like that. Her office was under the dean of student affairs - forgotten the dude's name (happened 10 years plus ago)

The woman asked us one simple question, "Who did you think did it?"

Me with my church mind laid out the facts. Then her reply shocked me. The 419 lady in Pastor's clothing asked me if I knew the meaning of SLANDER. I gave her the definition and she nodded.

She said that I was slandering the idiot. And that if she hears the matter anywhere else, that I would be "booked" - meaning, Suspended or expelled.

End of story.
lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. / Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU / Ekpoma Indigenes Protest In AAU Over Sack Of Security Officers, Cleaners (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.