Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,676 members, 7,837,503 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Sugabelly Says That Pete Edochie Is A Bad Actor. Nigerians Blast Her - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sugabelly Says That Pete Edochie Is A Bad Actor. Nigerians Blast Her (35948 Views)

Pete Edochie Replies Sugabelly Lotanna Odunze Who Said He's A Bad Actor / Tiwa Savage Twerking While Performing On Stage, Nigerians Blast Her / Braless Lady Twerks To Naira Marley's 'Opotoyi', Nigerians Blast Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sugabelly Says That Pete Edochie Is A Bad Actor. Nigerians Blast Her by Stillthebest: 5:47pm On Nov 06, 2019
kiss

But baba has always acted the roles of a wicked king, good king, dictator, ritualists group leader, ritualist and good or a bad father and Villain These he has always acted so great and interpreted well with good English and propriety of vastness in interpretation. And recently, as a prisoner.

I would have loved to see him acting the roles of. Teacher, criminal , comedian, soft lover, etc..
Re: Sugabelly Says That Pete Edochie Is A Bad Actor. Nigerians Blast Her by Mrquote: 7:38pm On Nov 06, 2019
generationz:

Reread my comment. I gave examples of African actors I LIKE.
That you don't like Pete doesn't make him a bad actor either.
Re: Sugabelly Says That Pete Edochie Is A Bad Actor. Nigerians Blast Her by meobizy(f): 8:17pm On Nov 06, 2019
This fat troll? Lol. She looks no different from mamagee3.
Re: Sugabelly Says That Pete Edochie Is A Bad Actor. Nigerians Blast Her by eROCK247(m): 8:52pm On Nov 06, 2019
She dey crase.
Re: Sugabelly Says That Pete Edochie Is A Bad Actor. Nigerians Blast Her by matkid(m): 10:28pm On Nov 06, 2019
you people should have ignored her..........now she have gotten the attention she needed...............olosho
Re: Sugabelly Says That Pete Edochie Is A Bad Actor. Nigerians Blast Her by BluntBoy(m): 11:54pm On Nov 06, 2019
I have always said it that the man can't act.

He is revered in Nigeria does not mean he can act. How many Nigerian actors can even act to start with.

Edochie acts policeman, chief, priest, prisoner the same way. His expressions are always the same, he sits most of the time and stares into space while talking.

Truth be told, the Nigerian audience make these actors lazy. Edochie is so revered here in Nigeria that he does not know how bad his acting is.

New Nollywood directors would only send a script to him out of politeness. Those who know about acting will never want him to feature in their movies.

His son, however poor himself, is a far better actor than Edochie.
Re: Sugabelly Says That Pete Edochie Is A Bad Actor. Nigerians Blast Her by BluntBoy(m): 12:05am On Nov 07, 2019
Stillthebest:
kiss

But baba has always acted the roles of a wicked king, good king, dictator, ritualists group leader, ritualist and good or a bad father and Villain These he has always acted so great and interpreted well with good English and propriety of vastness in interpretation. And recently, as a prisoner.

I would have loved to see him acting the roles of. Teacher, criminal , comedian, soft lover, etc..

He acts all these role exactly the same way.

His facial expressions are always flat and predictable, his movements, his use of space (he doesn't use much space, he doesn't even look like he knows how to use space which is why he likes the role of king where he would sit 99% of the acting time).

I don't hate the man. I just stated the truth. Mr Edochie in real life is the same Mr Edochie as a policeman, priest, prisoner, dictator, ritualists, etc.

That is not acting. That is more like cramming. You cram the script and come in to pour out the role of policeman as Mr Edochie.

You are supposed to act Constable Wale, but we see 100% Mr Edochie reading Constable Wale's lines.
Re: Sugabelly Says That Pete Edochie Is A Bad Actor. Nigerians Blast Her by Stillthebest: 12:42am On Nov 07, 2019
BluntBoy:

He acts all these role exactly the same way.

His facial expressions are always flat and predictable, his movements, his use of space (he doesn't use much space, he doesn't even look like he knows how to use space which is why he likes the role of king where he would sit 99% of the acting time).

I don't hate the man. I just stated the truth. Mr Edochie in real life is the same Mr Edochie as a policeman, priest, prisoner, dictator, ritualists, etc.

That is not acting. That is more like cramming. You cram the script and come in to pour out the role of policeman as Mr Edochie.

You are supposed to act Constable Wale, but we see 100% Mr Edochie reading Constable Wale's lines.

Apt! You walk inside the truth. I didnt just want to say he is not a great actor like many claimed because I'm not a cinematographer, and thus, not an authority in that field. But to me, using all the characters her has played, he is never versatile. Versatility defines a great actor n actress. But whoever' God has ordained he has. He has carved a lasting niche for his family with his acting career either I endorse him or not. "They say na child wey pass sabi book"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sugabelly Says That Pete Edochie Is A Bad Actor. Nigerians Blast Her by Mryacks: 10:41am On Nov 07, 2019
generationz:
cheesy

She's kinda right in a way.

Pete edochie is a stereotyped actor.

Once you see him you know what he's going to be doing.

Kinda makes a person too comfortable. Plus he knows that he will always get roles as the Grandaddy of Nollywood.

I dont have to mention how Joke silver and Olu Jacobs bore me with all the accents. *eyeroll*

If anything I'd choose Chiwetel Agu and Patience ozokwor, Even Onyeka Onwenu.

But that's just me.

My favourite actor Leonardo DiCaprio is one man that can never be put in a box. Never. You never know what to expect with his movies. That's why he has played so many biographies and brought famous books to life.

Well said. I think you captured it better for the person who posted it. Me think that was the point she was trying to point, so instead of saying "bad" actor, she would have said "boring" maybe.. grin
Re: Sugabelly Says That Pete Edochie Is A Bad Actor. Nigerians Blast Her by generationz(f): 10:58am On Nov 07, 2019
Mryacks:

Well said. I think you captured it better for the person who posted it. Me think that was the point she was trying to point, so instead of saying "bad" actor, she would have said "boring" maybe.. grin

Lol.
Bloggers didn't help her ministry either grin. Most people only read the headlines and rant they can't consider someone elses opinions logically.

2 Likes

Re: Sugabelly Says That Pete Edochie Is A Bad Actor. Nigerians Blast Her by handsomebanana(m): 9:57am On Nov 08, 2019
generationz:

Naaa Tom cruise is different. Those roles are challenging.

Can you in your church mind compare a Mission impossible movie with all the daredevil stunts involved to a village movie where Pete Edochie sits half the time?

Every Mission impossible movie is better than the former. Trust me, this is coming from someone who's a big action movie critic and only watched all mission impossible movies this year.

I was stunned.

Besides that, Mission impossible is a movie franchise or series like John wick and James bond.

Certain elements must be present e.g The lead actor being an agent or a spy or something.

Babe, calm down grin

What were talking about here isn't how challenging the roles are, yes, I agree that they are very challenging, they are still more or less the same. He swoops in and saves the day.
Mission impossible, edge of tomorrow, oblivion, the last samurai, etc.

80 - 90% of his roles from 1998 - 2019 are in the action genre.

An example of a versatile actor would be Tom Hardy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don Jazzy: Will God Forgive Diezani Alison-Madueke If She Asks For Forgiveness? / Haydee Sofia Hernandez: Vast Of Bracket Cheated On Me - Latino Model Leaks Chat / Olamide Flaunts Guitar Tattoo On His Leg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.