Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! (4153 Views)

Is There A Market For A Nigerian Social Media App ?? / If You Were Imprisoned In A Room For 3 Months, Had A Computer With Internet..... / Do You Need To Be A Math Guru To Be A Good Programmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by topyblack(m): 8:33pm On May 22, 2007
Could you help me! Should I quit the relationship and look for someone of my level?

Please Advice me. tongue
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by geebengs(m): 8:44pm On May 22, 2007
No! Don't look for someone of your level. U could help her write softwares that can help her in her business. Like record of daily sales, grin
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by thegame(m): 8:49pm On May 22, 2007
Traderin what sense man?TOmato pr Provisions?you see who said you should write programs for record sales?I think he is really joking cos No1 I don't believe you. Not that you can't fall in love but how did u guys meet?there must be an attraction, Beauty?
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by geebengs(m): 9:00pm On May 22, 2007
I don't believe you. Not that you can't fall in love but how did u guys meet?there must be an attraction, Beauty?
Hey what do u mean. Do you think the road programmer's walk are different from the roads where marke traders walk. Ah ah, as big as Nigeria is they could have met anywhere. Maybe he met her when he wanted to buy pepper or whatever sshe sells grin
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by ogogoro: 1:35am On May 23, 2007
When you started dating her, did you not realise that she was a market trader? What's the problem now? Have you grown "too big" for her? If you're prepared to love someone so much that you decide to marry them, then why should their financial/career status (which is one of the most temporary properties of a person) be a problem to you?
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by Wadomoi(f): 1:37am On May 23, 2007
What level do you have - a mere computer guru - and what do u mean computer guru anyway? dusting computers or programming it or what? Even if you are Bill Gates - does that make you better than her?
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by ikamefa(f): 5:26am On May 23, 2007
Wa_do_moi:

What level do you have - a mere computer guru - and what do u mean computer guru anyway? dusting computers or programming it or what? Even if you are Bill Gates - does that make you better than her?

thank you oh!
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by Ollie39: 8:17pm On May 23, 2007
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by my2cents(m): 10:50am On May 24, 2007
topyblack,

your question deserves only the following response from me:

So what? Who cares? If you are afraid of what pple might say, just be aware that pple will always talk about you, good or bad, and you are not the first person pple will talk about.

Geez
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by picoba(m): 11:53am On May 26, 2007
Hi,

The question you need to ask God in your prayer is; Is she a will of God for you.

You need to critically examine these:
1. Do you love her.
2. Does she love you
3. Is the love not amorous
4. Can you leave together

Her profession cannot be a barrier.Mind you you may married someone that is into computer business and both of you may get it wrong in life.

If I may ask. What if she is a full house wife?

I've seen a family, only the husband is working. They have three children. There children have all graduated from University now. The man never regret of marry his wife.

Don't deceive yourself. Pray and think right. Never think of what people will say about you. If people don't say anything about you, meaning you are you are no more on the surface of the earth.

Fulfillment is what matter in life.

Think and act wise, so that you will not be frustrated out of your profession.

Good Luck to you.
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by picoba(m): 11:55am On May 26, 2007
cool
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 27, 2007
And then? Does it mean that they too can not succeed in life? My man, let me advice you, if u love her that much then u must not listen to what people tell u because there is someone who is Bill Gate looking for such a girl. You can bring out the best in her too, Take care. cool
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by Amigoz(f): 9:35pm On Aug 05, 2007
geebengs:

No! Don't look for someone of your level. You could help her write softwares that can help her in her business. Like record of daily sales, grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by Seun(m): 2:57am On Aug 06, 2007
Think of it this way: You are a mere technician and she is a business-woman. She should dump you!
On a more serious note, why did you propose to her when you don't respect her profession? Shame on you.
Unfortunately for her, I don't think a marriage not based on mutual respect can work. She must dump you.
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by Shibrette: 3:30am On Aug 06, 2007
Topyblack, i'm curious, just curious,
How did you guys meet? Obviously before she reached fiancee stage, she was already girlfriend, i'm guessing then that you guys have got along pretty well so far, so what's the deal now? why the confusion?
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by chrisoml(m): 3:54am On Aug 06, 2007
R u sure that this is ur wife that u married or just a girl friend of urs?
if its ur wife, how long have u two been married and y suddenly you now discovered that she is a Market Trader?
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by otokx(m): 4:01am On Aug 06, 2007
I don't see anything wrong in the "market trader" status; she will compliment if not help you in the management of resources at home.
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by benit(f): 9:04am On Aug 06, 2007
I suggest you register her in school and since you think so highly of yourself, you should be able to sponsor her or if you are the stingy type, tell her to work harder to pay her way through(only if u are truly interested in her). I know of a woman who was a trader when she got married but now a magistrate.
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by v24m(f): 11:50am On Aug 06, 2007
ohhhhhhh is that the worst that can happen in your life. Then am here to let you know that you have no case so please go and attend to your computers before they start crashing (guru ma brown behind) embarassed

For you to ask our opinions you dont love her then why u go table ur fiancee like that. shame on you
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by Akan(m): 12:00pm On Aug 06, 2007
This is another ones of those post where the poster probably has a lot of time in his hands and and thought to involve others in empty and fruitless conversations.

Here is my advice mate, i think you should definately marry her, she is probably more street wise than you are and you may need her during those moments of indecision in ur life, which i forsee to be plenty wink
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by ebos(m): 12:44pm On Aug 06, 2007
Computer guru, that is those who are interested to know! If she can read and write, then you can go ahead to marry her only if both of you love each other. Have you not seen some graduates trading - tomatoes, crayfish etc? If she can be a lovely life partner, what else do you want? You can also bring out the best in her.
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by atolee(f): 1:04pm On Aug 06, 2007
Hi Topyblack,

It does not matter what she does as long as there is an attraction from the begining. Being a market trader is also a profession. You have to accept her the way she is, and you never know God works in ways we can not see, you meeting her and having a realtioship might be that where your destinty lies, so if l were you if you really love her stay with her and you can even help her uplift her method of trading with your own skill.
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by romeo(m): 1:32pm On Aug 06, 2007
hahahahaahahha LMAO computer guru indeed!! you think working in a cyber shop is being computer guru
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by nana(f): 2:26pm On Aug 06, 2007
romeo:

hahahahaahahha LMAO computer guru indeed!! you think working in a cyber shop is being computer guru
Lol, how do u know he works in a cyber-cafe?
@Poster,
I bet the babe even knows mathematics more than U.joking
But on a serious note yeah,What was ur profession when u first met her and why the wind of change?
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by simpledee(m): 4:01pm On Aug 06, 2007
It's funny how we Human Beings tend to attach too much importance to status or the overtly overated class. We look good, dress in posh attire, buy sleek cars, attractive phones and strive to associate with the best of the opposite or same sex. The truth however, remains that, we do not determine who our parents are nor do we determine the circumstances or environment in which we're born.

In a way, your immediate environment and the circumstances you find yourself while growing up, tend to shape your life (at least up to that level, that you could decide to chart a new course for your life). Now I do not know your background, but I guess you must have been more privileged than your fiancee to have become computer savvy while she is a "Market Trader" like you put it. For you to call her your "Fiancee", it means you guys have gone beyond casual friendship, and probably you both have done some form of introduction to either Parents, so what do you want to tell them now, that you've been blind-folded all along and just suddenly realised she's a "Market Trader", that is not worthy of a "Computer Guru" like you?

I don't really want to delve into how you guys met, because I believe love can be found in the strangest of places. If you think you truly love her, I don't think status or ego should come between you two. Being a graduate and a "computer guru" doesn't guarrantee success and being a "market-trader" shouldn't necessarily translate to failure in life.

In fact, I think marrying someone that you deem as lower in status to you is better than marrying another career person like you, that will ultimately result in clash of egos. I you truly love your fiancee and feel you're ready for marriage, then don't wait a second longer, go right ahead. If you think her "status" is not up to "yours", you can upgrade her by making sure all your friends know her, go out with her to whatever gathering you are attending, and don't hesitate to be her voice in public; if she blurts out incoherent grammar, don't be ashamed to step in and cover up for her.

After Marriage, you can either enroll her in school or begin to teach her in your own way, you will be suprised that she will catch up. I don't believe you have to speak "the queens English" to be reckoned with, if you know your onions you will always stand up to counted. What is taught at the University will at most guarantee you a theoritical knowlege of your discipline and if you're intelligent, a more pragmatic approach to life, but not the norms in the outside world, you could actually apply your knowlege to turn her "petty-trading" into a business empire. In the event of life's turmoils, what you term "petty-trading" now might be the mainstay for the both of you. So, don't let true love pass you by, because of your ego!

, and a word of advice, do not table her issue in a forum like this, or to your friends for that matter, It is demeaning. You should be able to make your decisions and stand by them.

Wishing you a happy married life! I hope to get an invitation. cheesy cheesy
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by nekkyo(f): 4:23pm On Aug 06, 2007
what do u want , someone to love u or someone people will say she has status but at home u are neither fullfilled nor happy, for ur info people marry illiterates and enroll them in school, people marry even physically challenged persons not to talk of a mere career u can change by starting something u think is of good status for her. prayer is what u need most when u want to settledown and not really all these no issue things we humans consider. takia
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by eko4show(m): 4:35pm On Aug 06, 2007
@topyblack

relationships are for people that have risen above such petty prejudices like "level", age, race etc. Since you are such "guru", i think its just best that you concentrate on being just that and probably grow up some more b4 thinking of having a woman.

by the way, what kind of computer guru are you? undecided
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by samdede(m): 6:38pm On Aug 06, 2007
Where has the poster run to?

U think the ground will open for u to run to?

Guru my ass. Grow up man.
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by texazzpete(m): 7:09pm On Aug 06, 2007
y'all ever notice 99% of the people that start controversial posts like this have less than 10 posts and joined fairly recently?

Obvious inference? attention seeker!
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by lovemajek(f): 9:35pm On Aug 06, 2007
beauty and geek, no problem
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by LadyM1: 12:17pm On Aug 07, 2007
Some Men are just too funny!!! if d reverse was d case, the lady will only be thinking, hw gud she can improve dis man's life because y, she is inluv. I've seen a lady a master holder got married to sm1 without even WAEC result and they re living happily, facing the challenges of life togather.

Look, what u shld av at d back of ur mind is, God give me a Woman dat is goddly, dat loves u and cant compromise her standard as a true child of God. because getting married to ur kind of level, i've come across sm1 women in ur level dat deosnt believe they shld enter d kitchen, they pay ppl infact other women to cook for them and their family because y, am a career woman!!!

Pls Look for a woman that has the quality of a True Mature Mother dat can make ur Home a Mini-Heaven Here on Earth pls b4 we all relocate to either Heaven or Hell.
Re: I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! by DevDel(m): 3:42pm On Aug 07, 2007
@topyblack

Chei! See the level of response you got? I pity you o. For your life you no go think say you be 'anybody' again.

Come to think of it, Seun is right, she's better off than you are? a mere technician who depends on business men/women's money to survive.

Bros, no condition is permanent, and there is nothing we have that we're not given, all is by GRACE.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Do Programming Lessons In Portharcourt? / Mass Email Sending: Frustrations Of A Yahoo Wannabe / E-commerce Payment Solution Nigeria (interswitch/vpay/e-tranzact Payment)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.