Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Gov. babajide sanwo-Olu adopts new title, drops YOUR EXCELLENCY - Pic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. babajide sanwo-Olu adopts new title, drops YOUR EXCELLENCY - Pic (1075 Views)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Adopts White Paper Report / Babajide Sanwo-olu visits Femi Otedola, dines at his residence / Babajide Sanwo-Olu: 5 Things You Don’t Know About Lagos APC Governorship Candida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Gov. babajide sanwo-Olu adopts new title, drops YOUR EXCELLENCY - Pic by farem: 8:43pm On Nov 06, 2019
Good evening Lagos. Your Excellency is a nice title that has been used to signify authority, position in government, authoritarian disposition, executive arrogance, and a demi-god mystique. Today, I wish to drop the title and to embrace a more representative one; Mr. Governor.

In the last five months that I have been privileged to exercise the mandate freely given to me by the great and hardworking people of Lagos State, it has come to my consciousness to review certain features of citizen-government relations.

These features impede the genuine expression of the democratic spirit of our society and the meaningful exercise of the sovereignty of our people.

The office of the Governor has been celebrated as the paragon of excellence, a temple of perfection and a throne of purity.

This demi-god mystique spreads over the entire machinery of the executive arm of the government, symbolising an authoritarian disposition on the governed. It has deformed the orientation of the elected and appointed persons who are paid from the taxes of the people.

Elected and appointed persons now see themselves as oppressors who can do no wrong and must be served, rather than serve the people.

Whatever might have been the reason for this myth, let us be honest, the office is occupied by a mortal who has been called upon to serve.

Not just to serve, but with humility and sincerity. The office of the Governor is a public trust that calls for sacrifice, modesty and willingness to add value to the lives of the people.

Fellow Lagosians, as I embrace the name Mr. Governor, I have come to the conclusion that for us to change the narrative of governance, we have to strip down this seeming symbol of executive arrogance that commands popular obeisance.

Executive arrogance that undermines the democratic role of citizens as the masters of those they have elected and appointed to serve. It is a conviction that I believe will send the right signals to all politicians and civil servants that service to the people has brought us here.

It is the duty we are obliged to do. It is the responsibility that we bear wherever we find ourselves; whenever we are called to serve.

Only God, the Almighty, the Creator, the Protector is the Most Excellent. No man can share His eternal qualities.

Thenceforth, I wish to be addressed simply as Mr. Governor, a title that will constantly remind me that I have been chosen out of so many fellow compatriots to lead a collective salvage of our political economy.

A salutation that sanitises the paraphernalia of office and reminds us all of our imperfections and mortality. To give official effect to this announcement, I shall issue tomorrow an executive order that will formally ensure full compliance with this new policy.

Re: Gov. babajide sanwo-Olu adopts new title, drops YOUR EXCELLENCY - Pic by Jasen1(m): 8:56pm On Nov 06, 2019
Instead of Mr project

1 Like

Re: Gov. babajide sanwo-Olu adopts new title, drops YOUR EXCELLENCY - Pic by Karrate: 9:20pm On Nov 06, 2019
I beg leave story, roll your sleeves and go back to work!

1 Like

Re: Gov. babajide sanwo-Olu adopts new title, drops YOUR EXCELLENCY - Pic by NigeriaIsDoomed: 9:26pm On Nov 06, 2019
Oga go and work Lagos na nonsense. Una for kukuma let Ambode continue. Now see as Lagos dey dirty coupled with bad roads.
I enter Akwa Ibom come see fresh roads everywhere I come dey ask myself wetin Lagos dey do.
Without private individuals Lagos for worse pass Abia state.
Those thieves don loot Lagos dry.
Re: Gov. babajide sanwo-Olu adopts new title, drops YOUR EXCELLENCY - Pic by YorubaPrince: 10:19pm On Nov 06, 2019
grin
Re: Gov. babajide sanwo-Olu adopts new title, drops YOUR EXCELLENCY - Pic by Bola146(f): 10:20pm On Nov 06, 2019
grin grin Sanwo eee
Re: Gov. babajide sanwo-Olu adopts new title, drops YOUR EXCELLENCY - Pic by luluosas(m): 10:22pm On Nov 06, 2019
Good one
Re: Gov. babajide sanwo-Olu adopts new title, drops YOUR EXCELLENCY - Pic by OndoFirstBorn(m): 10:41pm On Nov 06, 2019
In Ondo - Arakunrin (Rotimi Akeredolu)

In Osun - Ogbeni (Rauf Aregbesola)

In Lagos - Mr. Governor (Babajide Sanwo-Olu)

In Niger - Chief Servant (Babangida Aliyu)

In Edo - Comrade (Adams Oshiomole)

Leaders are born not made

1 Like

Re: Gov. babajide sanwo-Olu adopts new title, drops YOUR EXCELLENCY - Pic by LibertyRep: 10:46pm On Nov 06, 2019
The title ' Your Excellency' has been abused.

Well done Mr Governor.
However please be assured that you will engrave your name in the hearts of Lagosians with your sterling performance. Change of title isn't one of them
Re: Gov. babajide sanwo-Olu adopts new title, drops YOUR EXCELLENCY - Pic by mike404(m): 10:56pm On Nov 06, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Oga go and work Lagos na nonsense. Una for kukuma let Ambode continue. Now see as Lagos dey dirty coupled with bad roads.
I enter Akwa Ibom come see fresh roads everywhere I come dey ask myself wetin Lagos dey do.
Without private individuals Lagos for worse pass Abia state.
Those thieves don loot Lagos dry.
ABEG WEY THAT NUMBER ONE ZOMBIE FOR THAT SIDE WEY DEM MA CALL NTOAKWAIBOM. E BE LIKE SAY DEM NOR DEY GIVE AM THAT MONTHLY STIPEND AGAIN sad
Re: Gov. babajide sanwo-Olu adopts new title, drops YOUR EXCELLENCY - Pic by Johnnyessence(m): 11:39pm On Nov 06, 2019
farem:
Good evening Lagos. Your Excellency is a nice title that has been used to signify authority, position in government, authoritarian disposition, executive arrogance, and a demi-god mystique. Today, I wish to drop the title and to embrace a more representative one; Mr. Governor.

In the last five months that I have been privileged to exercise the mandate freely given to me by the great and hardworking people of Lagos State, it has come to my consciousness to review certain features of citizen-government relations.

These features impede the genuine expression of the democratic spirit of our society and the meaningful exercise of the sovereignty of our people.

The office of the Governor has been celebrated as the paragon of excellence, a temple of perfection and a throne of purity.

This demi-god mystique spreads over the entire machinery of the executive arm of the government, symbolising an authoritarian disposition on the governed. It has deformed the orientation of the elected and appointed persons who are paid from the taxes of the people.

Elected and appointed persons now see themselves as oppressors who can do no wrong and must be served, rather than serve the people.

Whatever might have been the reason for this myth, let us be honest, the office is occupied by a mortal who has been called upon to serve.

Not just to serve, but with humility and sincerity. The office of the Governor is a public trust that calls for sacrifice, modesty and willingness to add value to the lives of the people.

Fellow Lagosians, as I embrace the name Mr. Governor, I have come to the conclusion that for us to change the narrative of governance, we have to strip down this seeming symbol of executive arrogance that commands popular obeisance.

Executive arrogance that undermines the democratic role of citizens as the masters of those they have elected and appointed to serve. It is a conviction that I believe will send the right signals to all politicians and civil servants that service to the people has brought us here.

It is the duty we are obliged to do. It is the responsibility that we bear wherever we find ourselves; whenever we are called to serve.

Only God, the Almighty, the Creator, the Protector is the Most Excellent. No man can share His eternal qualities.

Thenceforth, I wish to be addressed simply as Mr. Governor, a title that will constantly remind me that I have been chosen out of so many fellow compatriots to lead a collective salvage of our political economy.

A salutation that sanitises the paraphernalia of office and reminds us all of our imperfections and mortality. To give official effect to this announcement, I shall issue tomorrow an executive order that will formally ensure full compliance with this new policy.
you have still not fulfill your promises about governance in Lagos state. You are just an errand boy like puppet Osinbajo .

1 Like

Re: Gov. babajide sanwo-Olu adopts new title, drops YOUR EXCELLENCY - Pic by Mynd44: 6:06am On Nov 07, 2019

(1)

RECORD: Contact Details OF All The 109 Senators In Federal Republic Of Nigeria / Oyegun Declares Support For Obaseki’s Second Term / BIAFRA: Ahead Of Parents Burial, Nnamdi Kanu Sets Date To Address Biafrans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.