Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Government Agency Recuitment Test In Lagos State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Government Agency Recuitment Test In Lagos State. (1195 Views)

Video: Cloned PVC Fails To Pass Card Reader Test In Port Harcourt / Nigeria Custom Recuitment Form Is Out Contact Mr Peter / Federal Government Agency Buys 10 Bullet Proof Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Government Agency Recuitment Test In Lagos State. by Pharoh: 7:43pm On Nov 15, 2010
By Segun Balogun

November 15, 2010 12:39AM

About 60,000 applicants turned up for the National Drug and Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) aptitude test in Lagos which held in the main bowl of the National Stadium on Saturday and Sunday.

Most of the large number of applicants that turned up for the test, which was held simultaneously in every state of the federation and the federal capital territory, expressed dismay at the high unemployment rates in the country. “The best thing is to leave this country, I am now convinced,” said Godson Anthony, one of the candidates. “My friends have been telling me all these years but I refused.” He also expressed dismay at the conditions under which he wrote the test. Candidates who came early were lucky to get seats under the covered VIP section of the stadium, while the rest had to sit in the blistering sun.

More problems

The test, which was scheduled to start by 10am, did not start until about 12.30 noon. “This is hell, how can someone write an exam under this scorching sun,” blurted an applicant. John Egiro, a graduate of the English Language from the Olabisi Onabanjo University, while commending the NDLEA for the flawless conduct of the test itself, noted that the main bowl of the National Stadium was not an ideal venue for such a test.

Kolawole Daniel, a graduate of Banking and Finance from Kogi State University, also complained that the candidates were compelled to place their scripts on their laps as there were no tables. “I placed the paper on my laps to enable me to shade the answer columns,” he said.

Kelechi Nnoruka, the Acting Commandant for NDLEA, Lagos State, blamed the participants for the delay. “Though I will not say we started late because we still finished within the expected time frame but any delay observed is due to the fact that many of the applicants found it difficult settling down,” she said. “We were here before everybody. They are well behaved, probably because they are all graduates and they know the kind of agency they are coming into.”

What manner of test?

Although, the applicants were forewarned about any malpractice, it was all too evident that the venue of the test, where applicants have to use their laps as writing desk, encouraged collaboration. Long after the test was declared over, some applicants were still writing theirs along the pavement that led into the stadium. “This is no exam at all,” said an applicant, who gave his name as Ayeni. “How do they expect to curb malpractices under this condition? Even the so called invigilators are already tired before the exam started.”

Many of the candidates also expressed apprehension whether the NDLEA will apply merit in its selection process. “There are some issues I cannot comment on and this is one of them,” said Mrs Nnoruka. “Such question can only be answered by the management.” She also refused to state how many applicants the agency hopes to employ. However, a source in the agency, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said that the NDLEA plans to employ 2000 in each state. An estimated 60,000 candidates wrote the two-day tests in Lagos alone. Candidates also paid N1,500 as application fee.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Environment/5642371-146/story.csp

60,000 times 1500 =  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked  in lagos alone?  what about Port Harcourt and abuja

This people should stop taking application fees and don't they have screening criteria or what does is the connection between NDLEA and someone that studied english in the university.

From INEC, to the police, government and all, they are now collecting application fees.

Re: Government Agency Recuitment Test In Lagos State. by Kobojunkie: 8:01pm On Nov 15, 2010
What the frell . . . . . ROFLMAO!!
Re: Government Agency Recuitment Test In Lagos State. by blacksta(m): 8:37pm On Nov 15, 2010
what the f.  Is this a football match or career event.  I bet most people here are looking at joining the ndlea as a means to get rich quick and are not interested in any drug enforcement  - Just imagine the level of bribe one will receive as an officer.  When i was younger you hear many stories how custom officers were making serious money from ports around country.  in fact a junior officer had built many houses around lagos in a relative short career as a custom officer.

Very sad.
Re: Government Agency Recuitment Test In Lagos State. by DisGuy: 10:18pm On Nov 15, 2010
the number of people that watch the super eagles match is not even up to this

and i always wonder, in other countries they almost beg you to join their forces, police, army, etc but in naija you have to actually pay for an application form undecided
Re: Government Agency Recuitment Test In Lagos State. by Pharoh: 7:24pm On Nov 16, 2010
It is really terrible
Re: Government Agency Recuitment Test In Lagos State. by marvix(m): 8:44pm On Nov 16, 2010
This people are here writing a test that people have already been selected for.

If you are an individual that have been offered this employment while others are in the sun you are a big part of the problem called Nigeria!!!

Why is the Police, SSS, NIA Customs and all other agencies conducting theirs simultaneously in other venues this would at least reduce the crowd in one place at a time.

I weep for my nation Nigeria
Re: Government Agency Recuitment Test In Lagos State. by blacksta(m): 10:08pm On Nov 17, 2010
marvix:

This people are here writing a test that people have already been selected for.

If you are an individual that have been offered this employment while others are in the sun you are a big part of the problem called Nigeria!!!

Why is the Police, SSS, NIA Customs and all other agencies conducting theirs simultaneously in other venues this would at least reduce the crowd in one place at a time.

I weep for my nation Nigeria

You are so correct - wont even waste my time writing nonsense exam

(1) (Reply)

State Wealth In Nigeria / Atiku: A New Word In The English Lexicon / Nigeria: New Electricity Tariff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.