Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs (29438 Views)

Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides / Names Of Osinbajo’s Aides Fired By Buhari / Sack Of Osinbajo’s Aides Causes Tension In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by Idokojimmy: 6:17pm On Nov 08, 2019
The media space has been awash with reports about the reported disengagement of about thirty five aides working or that were formerly working with the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo. Several dailies had claimed that the affected aides had their Villa tags withdrawn on Wednesday and Thursday. The reports further hinted that the aides were appointed in August.

Although the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation that purportedly issued the disengagement letters denied that such sack took place, Dailytrust on Thursday released the names and portfolios of the affected aides.

I will reproduce some of the names and their portfolios for Nigerians to decide whether Osinbajo really needs the affected aides in the first place;
I. Arukino Umukoro- SA, Niger Delta
II. Edobor Iyamu SSA, Niger Delta
III. Gambo Manzo SA, Political
IV. Bisi Ogungbemi SA, Political Matters
V. Bala Liman Mohammed SSA Economy
VI. Akin Soetan SSA, Economic matters
VII. Yosola Akinbi SSA, NEC
VIII. Edirin Akemu SSA, Industry, Trade & Investment
IX. Yussuf Ali SA, Power regulations
X. Morakinyo Beckley SA, Off-grid power
XI. Tochi Nwachukwu SA, Power Privatisation
XII. Tola Asekun SSA, National boundary commission
XIII. Lanre Osinbona- SSA, ICT
XIV. Imeh Okon- SSA, Infrastructure
XV. Jide Awolowo- SA, Oil and Gas
XVI. Lilian Idiaghe- SA, Research, Legal and Compliance
XVII. Dolapo Bright SSA, Agro-Allied Value Chain
XVIII. Toyosi Onaolapo SA, Community engagement
XIX. Aondaver Kuttuh Technical Assistant, Rule of Law
XX. Ife Adebayo SA, Innovation.

One of the campaign promises of the current administration was reduction in the cost of governance. Such agenda of course can only be achieved if irrelevant political appointments are not made and political appointees deemed surplus to requirement are disengaged.

Does Osinbajo need two SA and SSA on Niger Delta when we have a full Ministry and a Commission called NDDC? Does the Vice President has need for two SAs on Political and Political matters? What duplicity is this? What politics is he playing? Does the Professor of Law have any need for 4 aides on Economic matters even when his Economic Management Team has been disbanded with Buhari setting up the Economic Advisory Council?

I can go on and on. Let me remind my readers that some Agencies and Programmes that were hitherto under the supervision of the Vice President have been ceded to some Ministries. These aides were assisting Osinbajo when they were still under the office of the Vice President. No wonder the aides were deployed to the relevant Ministries and Agencies. Why force aides on Ministers who might have engaged aides already, performing the same duties as those redeployed to their ministries? Of course they became redundant and must be discarded.

Those weaving their whole argument around 2023 and power tussle between the VP and the fictitious cabal must have a rethink and consider the overall interest of the country. Today, a large chunk of the nation's budget is set aside for recurrent expenditure with little or nothing for capital projects. Yet we complain about the slow pace of development in the country. How can we grow when one man that makes little or no contribution to economic policies have 4 SAs and SSAs? SAs on Niger Delta, which is not even under his watch?

Going forward, the Presidency should review appointment of aides to make room for efficiency. A Vice President with over 85 aides defies logic in the real sense of it.

Yunana Dungs wrote this piece from Jos, Plateau State and could be reached via yarise@yahoo.com

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 08, 2019
Going forward, the Presidency should review appointment of aides to make room for efficiency. A Vice President with over 85 aides defies logic in the real sense of it.

I agree with Mr Dung's.

Is a right thing

lalasticlala

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by hucienda: 6:23pm On Nov 08, 2019

Why then were some of the VP supporters denying this in the first place?

No matter how anyone wishes to spin this - except one just wants to deceive one's self - it's obvious that behind the scenes, all is not well between the President and Vice Presidents' camps.

110 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 08, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by Idokojimmy: 6:46pm On Nov 08, 2019
hucienda:

Why then were some of the VP supporters denying this in the first place?

No matter how anyone wishes to spin this - except one just wants to deceive one's self - it's obvious that behind the scenes, all is not well between the President and Vice Presidents' camps.

BUHARI IN A STATEMENT ISSUED BY GARBA SAID THEIR RELATIONSHIP REMAINS "EXCELLENT AND TRUSTING"

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by mrvitalis(m): 6:49pm On Nov 08, 2019
There are somethings u can't just defend

When he was approving the appointment he didn't know they where too much ?

During the end of tenure they where not much but now they are much

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by bbamusa: 7:05pm On Nov 08, 2019
[quote author=Idokojimmy post=83855921]The media space has been awash with reports about the reported disengagement of about thirty five aides working or that were formerly working with the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo. Several dailies had claimed that the affected aides had their Villa tags withdrawn on Wednesday and Thursday. The reports further hinted that the aides were appointed in August.

Although the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation that purportedly issued the disengagement letters denied that such sack took place, Dailytrust on Thursday released the names and portfolios of the affected aides.

I will reproduce some of the names and their portfolios for Nigerians to decide whether Osinbajo really needs the affected aides in the first place;
I. Arukino Umukoro- SA, Niger Delta
II. Edobor Iyamu SSA, Niger Delta
III. Gambo Manzo SA, Political
IV. Bisi Ogungbemi SA, Political Matters
V. Bala Liman Mohammed SSA Economy
VI. Akin Soetan SSA, Economic matters
VII. Yosola Akinbi SSA, NEC
VIII. Edirin Akemu SSA, Industry, Trade & Investment
IX. Yussuf Ali SA, Power regulations
X. Morakinyo Beckley SA, Off-grid power
XI. Tochi Nwachukwu SA, Power Privatisation
XII. Tola Asekun SSA, National boundary commission
XIII. Lanre Osinbona- SSA, ICT
XIV. Imeh Okon- SSA, Infrastructure
XV. Jide Awolowo- SA, Oil and Gas
XVI. Lilian Idiaghe- SA, Research, Legal and Compliance
XVII. Dolapo Bright SSA, Agro-Allied Value Chain
XVIII. Toyosi Onaolapo SA, Community engagement
XIX. Aondaver Kuttuh Technical Assistant, Rule of Law
XX. Ife Adebayo SA, Innovation.

One of the campaign promises of the current administration was reduction in the cost of governance. Such agenda of course can only be achieved if irrelevant political appointments are not made and political appointees deemed surplus to requirement are disengaged.

Does Osinbajo need two SA and SSA on Niger Delta when we have a full Ministry and a Commission called NDDC? Does the Vice President has need for two SAs on Political and Political matters? What duplicity is this? What politics is he playing? Does the Professor of Law have any need for 4 aides on Economic matters even when his Economic Management Team has been disbanded with Buhari setting up the Economic Advisory Council?

I can go on and on. Let me remind my readers that some Agencies and Programmes that were hitherto under the supervision of the Vice President have been ceded to some Ministries. These aides were assisting Osinbajo when they were still under the office of the Vice President. No wonder the aides were deployed to the relevant Ministries and Agencies. Why force aides on Ministers who might have engaged aides already, performing the same duties as those redeployed to their ministries? Of course they became redundant and must be discarded.

Those weaving their whole argument around 2023 and power tussle between the VP and the fictitious cabal must have a rethink and consider the overall interest of the country. Today, a large chunk of the nation's budget is set aside for recurrent expenditure with little or nothing for capital projects. Yet we complain about the slow pace of development in the country. How can we grow when one man that makes little or no contribution to economic policies have 4 SAs and SSAs? SAs on Niger Delta, which is not even under his watch?

Going forward, the Presidency should review appointment of aides to make room for efficiency. A Vice President with over 85 aides defies logic in the real sense of it. [/quote
Yunana Dungs wrote this piece from Jos, Plateau State and could be reached via yarise@yahoo.com

you see, i was arguing with one of my friend about this matter, now i understand why Buhari did what he did. it is true that NEMA has being moved to Ministry of Humanitarian, while Economy has been moved to the Economic council, and Niger Delta has a Federal and state Minister. the truth is that what will the Vice President still be doing with these plenty SAs and SSAs concerning those offices removed under him
I do not blame Buhari on this true true.....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by bbamusa: 7:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
mrvitalis:
There are somethings u can't just defend

When he was approving the appointment he didn't know they where too much ?

During the end of tenure they where not much but now they are much
you see, i was arguing with one of my friend about this matter, now i understand why Buhari did what he did. it is true that NEMA has being moved to Ministry of Humanitarian, while Economy has been moved to the Economic council, and Niger Delta has a Federal and state Minister. the truth is that what will the Vice President still be doing with these plenty SAs and SSAs concerning those offices removed under him
I do not blame Buhari on this true true.....

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by bbamusa: 7:09pm On Nov 08, 2019
Idokojimmy:

BUHARI IN A STATEMENT ISSUED BY GARBA SAID THEIR RELATIONSHIP REMAINS "EXCELLENT AND TRUSTING"

i dont want to believe that that there is problem, you see in Nigeria Media seem to have taken over our faculty of thinking, they give us every hook line and sinkers to swallow. then why is the media bend in creating problem between the President and his vice where there in none. i tire for Nigeria Media o....

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by bbamusa: 7:12pm On Nov 08, 2019
MelesZenawi:

I agree with Mr Dung's.

Is a right thing

lalasticlala
chaii!!! 85 aids for only Vice President, this mean say Buhari should carry 200 aids?...Mr Vice President , it is too much na!!!!

37 Likes

Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by sweetonugbu: 7:15pm On Nov 08, 2019
Chop make I chop aides

6 Likes

Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 08, 2019
bbamusa:

chaii!!! 85 aids for only Vice President, this mean say Buhari should carry 200 aids?...Mr Vice President , it is too much na!!!!

Over much.

85 and doing nothing when their work has been shifted under different ministries.

16 Likes

Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by Kkings11: 7:19pm On Nov 08, 2019
My question now is this what stops the presidency from being this transparent in the first place.
Sometimes doing the right thing is not enough you also have to do it the right way.

And how I wish this gesture will be extended to all arms of the government especially the NASS. #1Nigeria

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by Twy: 7:26pm On Nov 08, 2019
I cannot say whether the VP needs all this aides but the president sure does and if the VP has more SA's than the president then I see one reason there are speculations of a cabal. If the president has any agenda, political or economic, he needs aides who are knowledgeable in those areas and who can find solutions, ideas according to the president's agenda or ideology. Most of the president's ideas will come from those aides so you need aides proficient in certain fields. the ministers do not necessarily set the agenda, the president is still higher than ministers and if he wants ministries to run a certain way, he needs advisers to inform him/her about processes to take to make ministries run that way, if ministers disagree they can present their case and the president's men can present their case. It will actually be good if both sides disagree because there will be discussions hopefully open ones and then real solutions can be proposed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by Salvador1: 7:28pm On Nov 08, 2019
Buhari is right after all.

I wonder who is osinbajo to have up to 85 aides say wetin happen.

We are complaining economy is bad and there are 85 aides for an ordinary mere commissioner.

20 Likes

Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by TreasureJunky: 7:34pm On Nov 08, 2019
Buhari should as well sack Aisha's useless aides. None of them is adding anything to the economy of Nigeria

16 Likes

Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by rexwalters: 7:48pm On Nov 08, 2019
Idokojimmy:

Forever grateful, from a no name redeemed pastor, to the height of power, go and ask the vp's wife and children how life is at living in Aso Rock? You can't imagine the free gifts and pecks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by rottennaija(m): 8:10pm On Nov 08, 2019
Kkings11:
My question now is this what stops the presidency from being this transparent in the first place.
Sometimes doing the right thing is not enough you also have to do it the right way.

And how I wish this gesture will be extended to all arms of the government especially the NASS. #1Nigeria

You are dealing with machinery of Govt where different people have different jobs and some things takes time to sort out and find out. For example, Buhari and Osibanjo could have agreed among themselves who to sack and keep. Of course, it the president who appoints and sack aids to his vp. Then they have to prepare a list, together with their letter of disengagement which would need to go through different vetting processes so as not to create room for legal issues.

Then the statement is made to the public. The new media spins it to create imaginary problem (assuming there is non). When the public space is filled up with such news and people are responding to it, some people will talk (as insiders but demand anonymity), calls and messages would be sent to the press Secretary of the president to respond to. He may not, probably busy or does not have the full details or the approval to talk on it. Besides, he needs be sure of what is what and what is the current Govt position without saying something that would insult or aggrieved those sacked.

The presidency will have to make a public statement to clarify issues. But they will need the approval of the president, what if he is busy? What if he can't be reach? Etc. Meanwhile, the public will have spoken and reached their conclusions, probably wars are already started etc.

So, it's not a straight cut stuff. It's called machineries of Govt.

4 Likes

Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by Famocious(m): 8:12pm On Nov 08, 2019
All is not well between Osinbajo and Buhari.. Osinbajo should wrestle it head on with the cabals provided he too has no skeleton in his cupboard or humbly resign.

Heard that most of Osinbajo 's aides are not on FG payroll but some NGOs..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by LibertyRep: 8:27pm On Nov 08, 2019
Who approved the appointment of these Aides initially?

Especially those SAs and SSAs on Niger Delta.

2 Likes

Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by Kkings11: 8:31pm On Nov 08, 2019
rottennaija:

You are dealing with machinery of Govt where different people have different jobs and some things takes time to sort out and find out.

I think they made it difficult for themselves. Ok imagine they had released a memo stating that the aides were being moved to their respective ministeries and commission, and when the media gets a whiff of the news all the presidency has to do to stop the spread of fake news(which the media will surely do) is to make the memo public.

Like I said before there are right ways to do the right things.

Oh another thing is I think there is a flexing of muscles going on here, Why? Someone wants to show another person or people their right place when the president is not around.
Whether it's the 2nd in command or 3rd or even 5th in the chain of command there is a flexing going on.
Just my thoughts though

4 Likes

Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 08, 2019
How can we grow when one man that man who makes little or no economic policies have 4 SAs and SSAs and SAs on niger delta which is not even his watch shocked shocked shocked shocked

Shìt shocked

5 Likes

Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by SalamRushdie: 8:47pm On Nov 08, 2019
Osinbanjo wants to take the hyper Corruption model in Lagos to Abuja and it can never be allowed to stand ..Let's all the Buhari government do it's work

4 Likes

Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by Jaqenhghar: 9:26pm On Nov 08, 2019
These days every rumour that is denied turns out to be true

9 Likes

Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by fergie001: 9:27pm On Nov 08, 2019
He is right, you know...
Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by Houseofglam7(f): 9:28pm On Nov 08, 2019
undecided

1 Like

Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by adecz: 9:29pm On Nov 08, 2019
grin
Re: Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs by joelag: 9:30pm On Nov 08, 2019
Oh boy see names at the top, that's why, when we are shouting of chronic hunger in the country, some zombiec imbeciles will be chanting star boy.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Esele: Oshiomhole's Utterances, Huge Embarrassment To Nigeria, APC / Ayo Olowonihi: Appeal Court Reverses Magu’s Demotion Of EFCC Director / Throwback Photo Of When Tinubu Signed The Agreement To Establish LFTZ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.