Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government (28221 Views)

Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) / Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government / Yaba Market Demolished By Lagos State Government (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by Nobody: 11:18pm On Nov 08, 2019
Hypocrit:
and the traders will not be able to afford the rent of the new market.

It is always like that all over the country.
That land have Already been sold to Developers, they will build Rows of Flats for sale or let to the highest bidders.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by oglalasioux(m): 11:19pm On Nov 08, 2019
The greatest congregation of dirt in the whole universe is that Ketu market. The stench from rotten fruits from that market reeks to heaven itself.

3 Likes

Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by Switruth: 11:21pm On Nov 08, 2019
adesbreath:

You dont say...a dirty environment is the least of your governments problem. So whose problem then?
. Boss can you list me the number of projects that calls for urgent attention more than market demolition. ?
Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by engrchykae(m): 11:23pm On Nov 08, 2019
It all started from fashola,the idea is to rid Lagos of poor people.
With time Lagos will be only for the Rich.
Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by Respect55(m): 11:29pm On Nov 08, 2019
ikorodureporta:
Chai....my fruit market! I jst buy loads of fruits there yesterday sad

I hope d traders wl be compensated, because d extent of destructions & wailing I dey see on TV is v.touching
Bought
Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by philbad(m): 11:30pm On Nov 08, 2019
This is wickedness not that you shouldn't do this but these are the people you governing, why didn't u let them take away there goods, they might proof stubborn but you shouldn't destroy there life like this. Shameless government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by udemzyudex(m): 11:34pm On Nov 08, 2019
cinoedhunter:
>: hope they will build a better one sha cool

Just like tejuosho,build it and put a high rent fees.

After they will say they are government of the people by the people for the people.
Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by youngakodex: 11:37pm On Nov 08, 2019
Mr Governor Sanwo olu want to have his own market place and others.....proof me who doesn't have this amongst the past governor's in Lagos and Nigeria generally.....Revolution will come very soon upon armed robbers called them self government....When their security's will pointed gun's on them all......inside life
Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by thatigboman: 12:21am On Nov 09, 2019
This Sanwo so-called lagos governor, bariga General hospital mental patient, will completely destroy our lagos in 4 years

1 Like

Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by frozen70g(f): 1:56am On Nov 09, 2019
cinoedhunter:
>: hope they will build a better one sha cool

They will build a better one but the price of the shops will scare traders off and it will be survival of the fittest
Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by 9jaRealist: 2:50am On Nov 09, 2019
Switruth:
This should be the least of Lagos state government problem.

It's NOT the state govt....
But the local govt that they elected.
>

1 Like

Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by 9jaRealist: 2:54am On Nov 09, 2019
engrchykae:
It all started from fashola,the idea is to rid Lagos of poor people.
With time Lagos will be only for the Rich.

People complain about filth and unhealthy conditions...
But when the govt acts to modernize and clean up conditions, same folks complain.
>

1 Like

Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by sonature1: 3:06am On Nov 09, 2019
ikorodureporta:

I hope d traders wl be compensated, because d extent of destructions & wailing I dey see on TV is v.touching

That market looks disgusting whenever it rain.

Most times, I wonder how people comfortably do business there

God forbid!

3 Likes

Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by cinoedhunter: 3:18am On Nov 09, 2019
udemzyudex:

Just like tejuosho,build it and put a high rent fees.

After they will say they are government of the people by the people for the people.
Lol... I can relate
Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by cinoedhunter: 3:19am On Nov 09, 2019
frozen70g:

They will build a better one but the price of the shops will scare traders off and it will be survival of the fittest

Hmmmm

I wish I had powers angry
Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by 9jaRealist: 3:22am On Nov 09, 2019
ikorodureporta:
kcool360:
I just pray the traders are compensated
lagdmark:
Compensation kee?

Why should they be compensated when even they admitted being given notices but chose to ignore it...
The level of IMPUNITY in Nigeria is mind-boggling, from the top (a President who ignores court orders) to the bottom.
>
Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by mamaafrik(m): 3:39am On Nov 09, 2019
Sanwo olu the pilate,you see ya life,under your watch people's hard earned source of livelihood is been destroyed.
Ile ogere a da fun gbogboyinoooo,governance is temporary.
Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by Nobody: 3:59am On Nov 09, 2019
you can never satisfy Nigerians. they want progress without pain. if the market catches fire tomorrow, the same people criticizing will be out in force complaining about LASG

there is so much poorly planned, dilapidated and dangerous infrastructure all over Lagos. LASG is preemptively attacking on of such

a lot of urban renewal is overdue in this city. and it will be painful, but it needs to be done. most of these 'markets' grew organically and were never properly planned.

no matter how many advancenotices are given, they will never fully be taken seriously.

6 Likes

Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by 9jaRealist: 4:14am On Nov 09, 2019
gypsey:
That land have Already been sold to Developers, they will build Rows of Flats for sale or let to the highest bidders.

Abegi read the story not just headlines....
They are not building "rows of flats" but modernizing the market.
>
Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by 9jaRealist: 4:24am On Nov 09, 2019
Gracealone:
Sanwoolu is not even waiting for his second year not to talk of second term.

N2.8b to build shops in the market. Thats $7.8m. A God-fearing leader will conveniently use the same amount to develop 10 markets. This is one of the same markets from where Tinubu's daughter has been consistently exthorting and ripping people off.

#ENJOYYOURAPC!

We should forgo these crappy zink "markets", and build real modern markets...
With proper storage facilities, security, banking facilities, ambulatory services, etc.

PEOPLE'S HEALTH IS AT STAKE!
>
Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by ikorodureporta: 4:26am On Nov 09, 2019
Respect55:
Bought
no b English, na pidgin

2 Likes

Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by Difrent: 4:49am On Nov 09, 2019
Gracealone:
[s]Sanwoolu is not even waiting for his second year not to talk of second term.

N2.8b to build shops in the market. Thats $7.8m. A God-fearing leader will conveniently use the same amount to develop 10 markets. This is one of the same markets from where Tinubu's daughter has been consistently exthorting and ripping people off.

#ENJOYYOURAPC[/s]!

Enemy of progress. You say 2.5billin is too much to construct a modern market on 25acrea of land, are you for real, face reality this is Lagos and not your village

2 Likes

Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by ikorodureporta: 4:52am On Nov 09, 2019
sonature1:

That market looks disgusting whenever it rain.

Most times, I wonder how people comfortably do business there

God forbid!

That's how Lagos open markets looks when it rains.
Look @ mile 12, after being served notice of relocation, they decided to do a face-lift.
They renovated the entrance with flags of diff countries, & installed an electronic board showing "mile 12 international market" cheesy ...but just check behind d gates, you start wondering if it's cow dung cheesy they sell there

4 Likes

Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by Subonbon(m): 4:59am On Nov 09, 2019
A good citizen said he pray's they are compensated. Nice prayer point but in lagos state its a no no.... Another said they should have told them to move away from the premises.. The govt told them and they replied na govt if it no be sanwolu time dem go do am. Nigerians and luck sha! But when the government told them to leave how would they when that is their only source of livelihood its not easy as per say may God give everyone that lost his /her wares to the ruthless govt of lagos a reason to smile....
Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by ikorodureporta: 5:33am On Nov 09, 2019
Now all those people go relocate to mile 12... killing Ikorodu people with more traffic sad sad
They shl remove mile 12 too

1 Like

Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by farem: 5:52am On Nov 09, 2019
booblacain:
The smelliest place in Lagos.
Liar, you don't know Lagos!
Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by DAVE5(m): 6:53am On Nov 09, 2019
cinoedhunter:

Hmmmm

I wish I had powers angry

Everyday I wish I had Superman’s powers mehn...

Nah to dey tackle the full government from their offices to the beds they sleep on

Sad part is I can’t do shit about anything, if 1 youth stands up to fight the government, there’s 1000 more youth that would oppose his ideas, all it takes is to tip off the kings of thugs across all the ruins of Lagos/Nigeria
Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by booblacain(m): 6:55am On Nov 09, 2019
farem:

Liar, you don't know Lagos!

OK, so where do you know in Lagos that is smellier than that Ketu - Mile 12 market corridor?
Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by DAVE5(m): 6:57am On Nov 09, 2019
9jaRealist:

Abegi read the story not just headlines....
They are not building "rows of flats" but modernizing the market.
>

modernize the market by building shops(rows of flats) that would be too expensive for the former occupants, is that really development
Re: Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government by hustla(m): 6:58am On Nov 09, 2019
ikorodureporta:

They were warned weeks in advance

If they're not goats,they would have found alternatives already

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC To Demand Bankers’ Asset Declaration Forms June 1 / Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem / I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.