Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,125 members, 7,860,057 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:19 AM

Nigerian Undergraduate Student Wins Leap Africa Award - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Undergraduate Student Wins Leap Africa Award (621 Views)

Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ / Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award / Patience Jonathan Wins ‘Tourism Ambassador For Africa’ Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Undergraduate Student Wins Leap Africa Award by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 16, 2010
[size=18pt]Nigerian undergraduate student wins LEAP Africa award [/size]

A Law student at the University of Lagos(UNILAG), Oyinlade Adeola, has won this year’s Nigerian Youth Leadership Award given by LEAP Africa.

LEAP is an acronym for Leadership, Effectiveness, Accountability and Professionalism and this year’s marked the seventh year of the award.

LEAP Africa is a non-governmental, not-for-profit organisation developing dynamic, innovative and principled leaders, who will drive Africa’s realisation of its full potential. It recognises and celebrates the contribution of young people to Nigeria’s development.

Adeola was commissioned, May, this year, as a United Nations’ Young Ambassador for Peace for his contribution to national and international development.

Adeola is also the creator and anchorman of the programme, “Know Your Constitution” on UNILAG 103.1 FM, a community radio station, transmitting from UNILAG.

The programme creates awareness among the people on their rights and privileges as a citizen under the nation’s constitution. It also offers security tips to its listeners and creates easy access to the Lagos State Police Command, an initiative that has salvaged many emergency situations in the past.

According to Adeola: “My mission and vision are to contribute immensely to expanding the frontiers of liberty, human rights, democracy and happiness of ordinary citizens of Nigeria and to also empower Nigerians and foreigners alike to enforce their fundamental rights anywhere, anytime.

“Many listeners who had issues, for example, with land speculators, after free legal counsel on the programme, now boast of valid titles over their plots of land.

“The programme has also created easy access to the police. I invited the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Frank Mba, to speak live on the programme on the constitutional power of the police and their duties and also allowed listeners to call in live to clarify issues bothering them. During the course of the interview, people now have direct access to the police in case of emergency. The feedback, so far, from Lagos residents and the police gives me joy and shows the programme’s direct impact on people.”

http://www.compassnewspaper.com/NG/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=69878:nigerian-undergraduate-student-wins-leap-africa-award&catid=40:crime-a-security&Itemid=696
Re: Nigerian Undergraduate Student Wins Leap Africa Award by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 16, 2010
Congrats my dear.

But you made your first mistake by inviting the police R officer. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Undergraduate Student Wins Leap Africa Award by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 16, 2010
Congrats again o grin
Re: Nigerian Undergraduate Student Wins Leap Africa Award by DisGuy: 9:40pm On Nov 16, 2010
has won this year’s Nigerian Youth Leadership Award given by LEAP Africa.

a nigerian winning a nigerian award
Re: Nigerian Undergraduate Student Wins Leap Africa Award by jotopayo: 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2010
Well done nd congrats 2 d young man more grease to his elbows, at least he's contributing his quota to d development of the country
Re: Nigerian Undergraduate Student Wins Leap Africa Award by DapoBear(m): 6:15am On Nov 17, 2010
Congrats to him.
Re: Nigerian Undergraduate Student Wins Leap Africa Award by bkbabe97y(m): 6:24am On Nov 17, 2010
No Biafran threw in a congratulatory message. Plus, the title of the topic is devoid of "Ibo Undergraduate student wins. . . . . ".

I doubt I'd be wrong  if I concluded this obviously brilliant kid gotta be Yoruba!
Re: Nigerian Undergraduate Student Wins Leap Africa Award by fstranger: 6:38am On Nov 17, 2010
bk.babe97y:

No Biafran threw in a congratulatory message. Plus, the title of the topic is devoid of "Ibo Undergraduate student wins. . . . . ".

[b]I doubt I'd be wrong if I said this obviously brilliant kid gotta be Yoru[/b]ba!

Haha, my head is already swelling! And YES, she is Yoruba.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Navy Impounds Military Equipments. / Jittery Over Atiku, Jonathan Threatens To Fight Dirty / Nigerians- Are You Moved When You Listen To Your National Anthem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.