Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! (53665 Views)

Kehinde And Taiwo Bankole Celebrate Their Birthday With Beautiful Photos / Kehinde Bankole And Her Twin Taiwo Bankole Wow In Matching Outfits / Meet Actress, Taiwo Aromokun, The Blonde Born Again Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 09, 2019
Rip

I don’t know them tho
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by MuttleyLaff: 4:54pm On Nov 09, 2019
Ko ni da fun stroke. Hin no go beta for stroke angry angry angry
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by esky158(m): 4:55pm On Nov 09, 2019
R.I.P to her
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by hammerD: 4:55pm On Nov 09, 2019
naptu2:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/taiwo-lijadu-dies-in-us-at-71/

Chairman, which one, the one in front or back?
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by wittyt98(m): 4:55pm On Nov 09, 2019
Eyah. I don't even know her but Rest in Power madam

Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 09, 2019
Rest in peace
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by jieta: 4:56pm On Nov 09, 2019
I quest no body on nairaland knows them please if you have come across them before or even heard their songs back then please indicate so i can know the number of ancestors here on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 09, 2019
Awwwwwnnnn... I know these ladies o. The Lijadu Sisters.

RIP. cry cry cry cry
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by mcayomind: 5:11pm On Nov 09, 2019
ogq naptu2, most of this your videos are not showing........ loading from morning till night
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by Omooba77: 5:11pm On Nov 09, 2019
naptu2:

Lala; Seun pls correct, Taiye is alive, it is sis Kehinde that died!
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by naptu2: 5:12pm On Nov 09, 2019
mcayomind:
ogq naptu2, most of this your videos are not showing........ loading from morning till night

Check your network. I can watch them without any problems.

2 Likes

Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by kayusely70(m): 5:17pm On Nov 09, 2019
God rest her soul.
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by frowland(m): 5:19pm On Nov 09, 2019
This is what they call Carbon Copy.
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by karashita: 5:25pm On Nov 09, 2019
Omooba77:

Lala; Seun pls correct, Taiye is alive, it is sis Kehinde that died!

I also just read on another forum that it was actually Kehinde that passed on.The fact is,one of them left the other behind.
Oh, how I love the Lijadu sisters!Recall they were a popular face around Mokola area of Ibadan in those days.I love their songs and the melodious voices.
R.I.P. to the departed.May God give the other half the fortitude to bear the loss.

5 Likes

Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by Omooba77: 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2019
karashita:

I also just read on another forum that it was actually Kehinde that passed on.The fact is,one of them left the other behind.
Oh, how I love the Lijadu sisters!Recall they were a popular face around Mokola area of Ibadan in those days.I love their songs and the melodious voices.
R.I.P. to the departed.May God give the other half the fortitude to bear the loss.

It is Sis Kehinde, not Sis Taiwo that died

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by PrincessGift(f): 5:32pm On Nov 09, 2019
Who the bleep are they undecided undecided Rip to the late one cry cry embarassed
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by simple250: 5:38pm On Nov 09, 2019
mcayomind:

Stop using glo ok

3 Likes

Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by aribs(m): 5:47pm On Nov 09, 2019
aww how sad. Met them a while back.... still remember them from their songs and their video appearances in Orlando Julius' "Adara" video back in the 80s. May her soul rest in perfect peace

3 Likes

Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by eherbal(m): 5:48pm On Nov 09, 2019
just played their song for mom now. she recognized the song in 3 seconds flat.she was sad to hear of her demise. she told me their younger sister was her junior in school. their sonorous voice was mystical back in the day. RIP

6 Likes

Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by eherbal(m): 5:49pm On Nov 09, 2019
PrincessGift:
Who the bleep are they undecided undecided Rip to the late one cry cry embarassed
no way you could've known.aak your grandma

4 Likes

Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by Resees: 5:54pm On Nov 09, 2019
Nothing last forever and nobody lives forever.She has ran her own race unto the next person..
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by nonjebose(m): 5:55pm On Nov 09, 2019
Our old NTA station played a lot of their songs back in the days. Reincarnation was quite popular. My parents listened to many. of their tracks. RIP to her

3 Likes

Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by bremo(m): 6:05pm On Nov 09, 2019
RIP to the departed and as for me, Orere Elejigbo was the most popular of their songs I grew up to know. They were a blessing to their generation.

2 Likes

Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by Pipapi1: 6:06pm On Nov 09, 2019
Qualified and interested vendors are required to submit both technical and commercial proposals for domestic water project within Olorunda Estate Ketu, Lagos state.

The scope includes 'everything' than can make the water project work as a TURNKEY. Such as drilling borehole to acceptable quality water level; storage tank(s); treatment facilities; pipe reticulation within the estate; etc.

Timelines for completion of the project should be indicated.

Your proposal should breakdown the cost of activities/items as much as possible for ease of benchmark with other service providers.

Submission of proposal should be made to la_bahiq@yahoo.com on or before 2pm on 28th November 2019,

Please contact 0813 679 4261 for site visit.
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by CanadaOrBust: 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2019
naptu2:

RIP

61 NOT 71 (see below)
Correct your post
(Unless it is football age)

Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by delpee(f): 6:25pm On Nov 09, 2019
Great singers and performers! I remember them being featured on NTA then. May God comfort her twin sister as she rests in perfect peace. Amen
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by PrincessGift(f): 6:40pm On Nov 09, 2019
[quote author=eherbal post=83881037]no way you could've known.aak your grandma[/quote grin grin grin says who]
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by jboycrb(m): 6:55pm On Nov 09, 2019
naptu2:
I made those posts up there in 2017 and I couldn't find any material by the Sunshine Sisters at that time, but now I've found some of their songs on Youtube and I'll post them later on this thread.

Is it the same sunshine sisters that dance for king sunny ade?

2 Likes

Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by naptu2: 6:56pm On Nov 09, 2019
jboycrb:

Is it the same sunshine sisters that dance for king sunny ade?

Yes.
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 09, 2019
Mehn! They are still beautiful even at old age. Safe trip grandma. Rest in peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by Ijawwomaninoyo: 7:11pm On Nov 09, 2019
Sonorous voice! They also sang the background song in Opa Aje.
Beautiful twins!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obi Cubana, Psquare, Dbanj, Timaya, Tiwa Savage Shutdown Don Jaz Mother's Burial / Apostle Suleman: Ruth Kadiri Angry For Being Associated With Sex Scandal / Mercy Johnson Kneels Before The Ohinoyi Of Ebiraland (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.