Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court (39808 Views)

Akpabio Wins Senate President Election / Godswill Akpabio Wins Akwa Ibom North-West Senate Seat / Breaking: At Last Akpabio Wins Re Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by vincoye: 5:05pm On Nov 09, 2019
Akpabio to contest for senate again as appeal court orders rerun

The court of appeal sitting in Calabar, Cross River state, has ordered a rerun election in Akwa Ibom north-west senatorial district where Godswill Akpabio took on Chris Ekpeyong, a former deputy governor of the state, in February.

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had declared Ekpeyong, who contested under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), winner of the election but Akapbio filed a petition against his victory at the tribunal.

He had asked the tribunal to set aside Ekpenyong’s election, alleging that it was marred by irregularities.

But describing the petition as “lacking in merit”, the tribunal said the petitioner failed to prove that he won the election as well as failed to present convincing evidence of non-compliance with electoral act as raised in his petition.

Dissatisfied with the verdict of the tribunal, he headed to the appellate court.

In its ruling on Saturday, the court ordered a rerun election in Essien Udim local government, where Akpabio hails from.

The court ruled that the rerun should hold within 90 days.

Akpabio, a two-term governor of Akwa Ibom, is the now minister of Niger Delta affairs.

https://www.thecable.ng/akpabio-may-return-to-senate-as-court-orders-rerun-in-his-senatorial-district

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by senatordave1(m): 5:06pm On Nov 09, 2019
Fergie,once again this proves that am the greatest analyst here

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by Hofbrauhaus(m): 5:07pm On Nov 09, 2019
Wow

I never saw this coming.

5 Likes

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by donbachi(m): 5:09pm On Nov 09, 2019
Nigeria...tufiakwa

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by Futuragetty: 5:09pm On Nov 09, 2019
Isn't this a miracle?
There's no way on earth Akpabio could have won that election.
Akwaibom people love H.E Gov. Akpabio
It's not in doubt. But He couldn't have won that election. No way.
Even this nullification is biased.
Do not quote me and babble.
Do not say because it's didn't favor PDP, wailers are going to wail, No!
Pray for Nigeria.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by fergie001: 5:10pm On Nov 09, 2019
senatordave1:
Yes ooooo....let me ask Uche Nwosu first grin

It's a re-run nah.........na waoh!....
You said he will win....wait after the re-run nah......

I even thought he was Olujimi-ed sef.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by Afamed: 5:12pm On Nov 09, 2019
senatordave1:
Gbam! You said this long ago.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 09, 2019
senatordave1:

Ekpeyong will still win.
Akpabio hold your ministerial position tight ooo before you lose both ends.

Now this is serious.

Akpabio will have to step down as minister to contest and what if loses by then the position won't be for him again because Buhari won't give him another chance.

Same reason Timpre Sylva refused to contest Bayelsa governorship election because he might lose at both ends.

Ngige refuses to contest the second time when court nullified his election for fear of losing at both ends.

This Judgement is a heavy burden for Akpabio. Let his advisers advice him well on this.

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by vincoye: 5:21pm On Nov 09, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Ekpeyong will still win.

Now this is serious.

Akpabio will have to step down as minister to contest and what if loses by then the position won't be for him again because Buhari won't give him another chance.

Same reason Timpre Sylva refused to contest Bayelsa governorship election because he might lose at both ends.

Ngige refuses to contest the second time when court nullified his election for fear of losing at both ends.

This Judgement is a heavy burden for Akpabio. Let his advisers advice him well on this.

Who told you he's going to step down before he can re-contest? Corrupt PDP agent.

67 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by wingmanIII: 5:21pm On Nov 09, 2019
Corrupt judges. Even the senators said it. They know themselves
NDDC money at work.
He will still lose the rerun elections, unless the soldiers are deployed to help him
useless country

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2019
vincoye:

Who told you he's going to step down before he can re-contest? Corrupt PDP agent.

Young man before you contest any legislative post as a minister, you must step down.

That's the fact....is not arguable.

Akpabio must step aside from Nddc ministry to re-contest again.

That's the law.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by Cyberterror: 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2019
I think he will win the election because many of those who voted for PDP thought that Akpabio was still in that party. Which is more lucrative? Niger delta ministry or senate? Akpabio may find it difficult to leave his new ministry.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by dheilaw1(m): 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2019
Ipob terrorists go cry tire today

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by fergie001: 5:25pm On Nov 09, 2019
vincoye:

What happened to Fayemi?

1 Like

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by senatordave1(m): 5:25pm On Nov 09, 2019
fergie001:
Yes ooooo....let me ask Uche Nwosu first grin

It's a re-run nah.........na waoh!....
You said he will win....wait after the re-run nah......

I even thought he was Olujimi-ed sef.....
It doesn't matter.i clearly said he will get a win or nullification.ill have preferred a win though

1 Like

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by Cyberterror: 5:26pm On Nov 09, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Ekpeyong will still win.

Now this is serious.

Fayemi did not resign as minister when he ran for governor and won.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by senatordave1(m): 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Ekpeyong will still win.

Now this is serious.

Akpabio will defeat ekpenyong even in ekpenyong's villa.you dont seem to know how popular he is

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by fergie001: 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2019
senatordave1:

It doesn't matter.i clearly said he will get a win or nullification.ill have preferred a win though

You said same of Nwosu nah....leave story.

Do you still think he will resign and contest?

3 Likes

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 09, 2019
That means you are not in this country.
Fayemi resigned before he went to contest Ekiti state governorship election.
Google is your friend.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by senatordave1(m): 5:28pm On Nov 09, 2019
fergie001:

What happened to Fayemi?

There's s problem oh.akpabio wont step down so i wonder whether apc will have be allowed to redo their primaries

1 Like

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by fergie001: 5:29pm On Nov 09, 2019

8 Likes

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by senatordave1(m): 5:30pm On Nov 09, 2019
fergie001:

You said same of Nwosu nah....leave story.

Do you still think he will resign and contest?
Appeal and supreme are still there for imo matter.as for akpabio i was very sure.give credit to who is due jor.but i dont searching resigning
Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by fergie001: 5:31pm On Nov 09, 2019
senatordave1:

There's s problem oh.akpabio wont step down so i wonder whether apc will have be allowed to redo their primaries

They can't ......you know the case is not between APC and ekpeyong but akpabio and ekpeyong....
Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by Confirmedzombie: 5:31pm On Nov 09, 2019
God bless our judiciary the last hope of the common man.

God bless Buhari for upholding the Rule of law.

Nigeria getting great again.

10 Likes

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by Johnnyessence(m): 5:31pm On Nov 09, 2019
vincoye:
BREAKING Sen. Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Court Of Appeal

The Court of Appeal sitting in Calabar, Cross River State has ruled in favour of Sen. Godswill Akpabio, nullifying the election of Dr. Chris Ekpenyong who was wrongly declared winner of the February 23, 2019 National Assembly election in Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District.

Akpabio, not satisfied with the judgment earlier ruled against him by the Justice Akanbi-led Elections Petition Tribunal sitting in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, filed an appeal at the Court of Appeal, Calabar.

As a result of the ruling, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has been ordered to withdraw the Certificate of Return issued to Dr. Chris Ekpenyong and conduct fresh elections in the Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District within ninety days.
BREAKING: Ekpeyong Vs Akpabio, Appeal Court Orders Rerun Within 90days.
Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 09, 2019
senatordave1:

Akpabio will defeat ekpenyong even in ekpenyong's villa.you dont seem to know how popular he is

My brother leave that we have heard it so many times.

Many power brokers want Akpabio out of Nddc and something is fishy. These same people might sabotage his election. Even governorship candidates of APC in Akwa Ibom and other factor may work against him.

Leave popularity, we have heard it so many times but now Akpabio must tread cautiously or he lose both.

The Judges no try, they should have declared him winner instead of this stress.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by vincoye: 5:33pm On Nov 09, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Young man before you contest any legislative post as a minister, you must step down.

That's the fact....is not arguable.

Akpabio must step aside from Nddc ministry to re-contest again.

That's the law.

Which law is that? PDP law or Nigerian constitution? Sorry, there's nothing like that. Also see this https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/361726-breaking-appeal-court-declares-akpabio-winner-of-senatorial-election.html

2 Likes

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by fergie001: 5:33pm On Nov 09, 2019
senatordave1:

Appeal and supreme are still there for imo matter.as for akpabio i was very sure.give credit to who is due jor.but i dont searching resigning

They want him out of the Ministry at all costs.......I don't know what he did to them sha......

Do you really think, they will nullify that election.....and if they do....do you really think any of them will get 18 LGAs?

Rochas and Ohakim time is passed....people vote according to ethnic leanings now......so I believe the case will go the amaechi-omehia pattern....the court will set a precedence.
Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 09, 2019
senatordave1:

Now you seeing realities.

We need to look deep at issues sometimes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by ubongokon(m): 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2019
Congrats to the great boss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by ubongokon(m): 5:37pm On Nov 09, 2019
Futuragetty:
Isn't this a miracle? There's no way on earth Akpabio could have won that election. Akwaibom people love H.E Gov. Akpabio It's not in doubt. But He couldn't have won that election. No way. Even this nullification is biased. Do not quote me and babble. Do not say because it's didn't favor PDP, wailers are going to wail, No! Pray for Nigeria.
day dreamer

3 Likes

Re: Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court by fergie001: 5:37pm On Nov 09, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tribunal Judgement: Adeleke Rejects Tribunal Verdict, Heads To Appeal Court / DSS Crackdown: Judgements That Landed Judges In Trouble / Lauretta Onochie Shades Dino Melaye Over Kogi Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.