Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness (12966 Views)

“3 Compelling Reasons Christians Should Be Punctual” / 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede / 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by TundeKorede: 7:55am On Nov 10, 2019
Biblically, believers are not supposed to be killed by any sickness. Because Jesus has already bore our sicknesses and diseases (1 Peter 2:24).

By the virtue of the law of substitution, you’re not expected to suffer what Christ has suffered for.

Isaiah 53:5
[5]But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our PEACE WAS UPON HIM; AND WITH HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED.

For example, someone says he has paid your debt. Must you pay your lender any money again? No. Why? Because someone has cleared your debt and that’s exactly what Jesus did for us.

In this article, we shall consider why some believers die in sickness. Therefore, be calm as you read this piece. Read it prayerfully.

Biblically, believers are not supposed to be killed by any sickness. Because Jesus has already bore our sicknesses and diseases (1 Peter 2:24).

By the virtue of the law of substitution, you’re not expected to suffer what Christ has suffered for.

Isaiah 53:5
[5]But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our PEACE WAS UPON HIM; AND WITH HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED.

For example, someone says he has paid your debt. Must you pay your lender any money again? No. Why? Because someone has cleared your debt and that’s exactly what Jesus did for us.

In this article, we shall consider why some believers die in sickness. Therefore, be calm as you read this piece. Read it prayerfully.

Four Reasons Why Believers Die In Sickness

• Ignorance

I have heard of believers who died in sickness due to their refusal to take medicine. Ignorantly, many sick people have been given self medication which led to their sudden death.

Some religious fanatics believe that it is a proof of lack faith when one receives medical attention. There are those who reject the intake of medicine. These people have been brainwashed to the extent they can’t take medicine whenever they are ill.

Even Paul told Timothy to use a little wine because of his frequent illnesses (1 Timothy 5:23).

If Timothy and Paul were in this dispensation. The Apostle Paul would have told him to continue to take his medicine.

More so, there was no notable technological advancement at that time. So, drugs weren’t produced. People had to make use of the wine gotten through herbs.

This verse does not imply that you should turn yourself into a drunkard. It implies the intake of necessary antidote to sickness.

How To Easily Heal The Sick And Raise The Dead

Hezekiah’s Healing
Before Hezekiah got healed from an illness that almost claimed his life. He prayed unto God.

Isaiah 38:2,21
[2]Then Hezekiah turned his face toward the wall, and prayed unto the LORD,
[21]For Isaiah had said, Let them take a lump of figs, and lay it for a plaister upon the boil, and he shall recover.

Yet, God did not heal him directly. Prophet Isaiah had to tell him to take a lump of figs and apply it upon the boil. Was God not capable to heal Isaiah instantly without him applying any figs? No, He is capable.

God was trying to teach us a lesson there. At times, God may decide to heal you through the use medicine. God is still in control. But just make sure you have prayed to Him. Then, He knows how to heal you.

Frankly, He may miraculously heal your friends without the intake of medicine. While, you may need to receive medical attention before you get healed.

However, your responsibility is not to choose the way you want God to heal you. Your responsibility is to pray for God’s healing.

Ezekiel 47:12
[12]… and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the LEAF thereof for MEDICINE.

Summarily, people die in sickness due to ignorance. Ignorance is like darkness. Wherever darkness is, there are obstructions.

Prayer: How To Make God Answer Your Prayers Speedily

• Failure To Seek God
Please, read this passage carefully;

2 Kings 1:2,17
[2]And Ahaziah fell down through a lattice in his upper chamber that was in Samaria, and was sick: and he sent messengers, and said unto them, Go, enquire of Baalzebub the god of Ekron whether I shall recover of this disease.

[17]So he died according to the word of the LORD which Elijah had spoken. And Jehoram reigned in his stead in the second year of Jehoram the son of Jehoshaphat king of Judah; because he had no son.

When King Ahaziah was sick, he didn’t seek the God of Isreal. He was concerned about seeking other gods. This was what led to his sudden death. Ahaziah never recovered from his sickness. Rather, his sickness killed him.

One of the reasons why believers die in sickness is because many of them fail to seek God. Some people are too civilized to pray. They think they don’t need to pray as they will be healed automatically.

Also, I have heard of people who changed their belief in God. Once they prayed and their sick friend did not get healed. So, they ended up consulting witchdoctors for healing.

Wait Upon The Lord
Dear friend, healing is from the Lord. Nobody has the power of life and death except Jesus. There is no sickness too chronic for God to heal. And there is no sickness too mild for God to heal.

No matter the situations and circumstances. Hold on to God! He will surely deliver you. Do no seek other gods. They may do abracadabra or use some esoteric powers to deceive you. Do not give in to them.

Failure to seek the face of God in the time of trouble may bring sudden death. He is the giver of life and the sustainer of life. Believe! He will heal you.

Help: How To Secure The Help Of God

• Total Dependency In Physicians
2 Chronicles 16:12
[12]And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease was exceeding great: YET IN HIS DISEASE HE SOUGHT NOT TO THE LORD, BUT TO THE PHYSICIANS.

King Asa failed to seek the Lord. Although, he was concerned about his health by seeking physicians. It was possible for him to have been healed, if he had sought healing at the right place.

Obviously, there are people like this. People who like to seek professional treatment but will never pray. Their absolute belief is in medical practitioners.

Hardly can they call upon God because they feel they are professionally trained to heal sicknesses.

My friend, nobody gets healed this way. Our God is a jealous God. I am not saying that you should not see your doctor. But let God be first even before you see your doctor.

Definitely, God is the father of all doctors. Don’t be like Asa who never sought God in his illness. And he died prematurely. He would have lived long if he had sought the face of God like how Hezekiah did.

Most importantly, people die in sickness because they put more trust in medical practitioners than God. Let God hear you always. Don’t be too arrogant. Professionalism does not guarantee healing. Only God heals.

Five Things That God’s Anointing Cannot Do

• Mystery
2 Kings 13:14
[14]Now Elisha was fallen sick of his SICKNESS whereof HE DIED. And Joash the king of Israel came down unto him, and wept over his face, and said, O my father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof.

How can one explain prophet Elisha’s death? That is why I’ll say it’s a mystery. I have heard of those who were prayed for. Yet, they still die in sickness

Healing anointing is mysterious. Nobody understands how God works. This is the exact reason why many die in sickness.

Additionally, there are other reasons why people die in sickness. But make sure you have good relationship with God. If you have good relationship with God, He knows how to rescue you.

Healing Anointing Is Mysterious

Please, don’t forget to leave a comment after reading.e Reasons Why Christians Fall Sick Often

Source: http://www.tundekorede.com/four-reasons-why-believers-die-in-sickness-10/

6 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Clint02(m): 8:05am On Nov 10, 2019
First, I read to an extent and I thought I dey see double until I scrolled back up... Secondly,I got tired of reading when you failed to bold your points like you did for ignorance...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by TundeKorede: 8:13am On Nov 10, 2019
Clint02:
First, I read to an extent and I thought I dey see double until I scrolled back up... Secondly,I got tired of reading when you failed to bold your points like you did for ignorance...

I've exited it properly. Thanks for your feedback.
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by ForeThinker: 9:08am On Nov 10, 2019
smiley

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by EternalBeing: 9:09am On Nov 10, 2019

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Kennyfancy(m): 9:09am On Nov 10, 2019
Let me read again
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Writercruze: 9:09am On Nov 10, 2019
Wetin Musa nor go see for gate
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Truefaith: 9:09am On Nov 10, 2019
Sadly, much of what this writer put together in this post is occult nonsense people imported into "Christianity" in the last 120 or so years.

If Christians are not supposed to die by diseases and sicknesses, how are they supposed to die?

By suicides, gun shots, drowning or by motor vehicles overrunning them?

Or are they not supposed to die at all?

Has Christ's atonement nullified God's order in Genesis 3 that all men must die?

Occult people, who never read the Bible clearly quote the last part of Isaiah 53:5, "and with his stripes we are healed" without asking themselves the logical question, "Of what diseases"?

What diseases are you healed of by Christ's stripes? Headache, malarial, what?

The diseases and sicknesses of the Bible are clearly written in the whole of Isaiah 53 which these occult people refuse to read: SINS, TRANSGRESSIONS, INIQUITIES, GOING ASTRAY FROM GOD, EACH FOLLOWING HIS OWN WAYS.

You care to know the true God?

Pick the Bible.

Read the whole of Isaiah 53 and Isaiah 59:1-2.

The Pentecostals and Charismatics who quote one-fifth of Isaiah 53:5 are OCCULTS and Babalawos masquerading as Christians.

They don't know Christ and the reason for His Coming and Death.

https://www.thetruechristianfaith.com/2019/10/20/is-divine-healing-guaranteed/

8 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by ednut1(m): 9:10am On Nov 10, 2019
grin pastors have fitness trainers and oyinbo doctors but tell you to pray agaisnt sickness lol

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by hopefulLandlord: 9:10am On Nov 10, 2019
I don't know why Christians die of diseases considering the Bible promised them they'd get anything they ask for in prayer so long they have faith even if that faith is as small as a mustard seed. let's see the Bible verses

And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22)

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20)

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25)

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

(Matthew 17:20) For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. then whatever you ask for in prayer will be granted, there are obviously only a few options available after taking a honest look at the lives of Christians and seeing their prayers fail to save them from sicknesses and deaths

1) the Bible is wrong, Jesus never said these things

2) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus was wrong

3) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus lied

4) no one who prayed for anything that actually required god's intervention had any faith

5) the Bible is just a collection of myths & fables & Yahweh, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Satan doesn't exist

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Uyi168: 9:10am On Nov 10, 2019
Im surprised Satan was not mentioned as one of the reasons..

5 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 10, 2019
Mr TundeKorede

I put it to you that the reason Christians fall sick and die is because they have failed to grasp the true meaning and teachings of Jesus the Christ.

The power to heal yourself lie with you. The knowledge you need to heal yourself and others is available if only you'll just ask, seek and knock on the door of knowledge.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by zabuur: 9:14am On Nov 10, 2019
And pastors children studying medicine across d world.

They should first scrap all clinics in there churches/camps.

And I hope that they should stop medical related courses in their higher institutions as well

5 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by kelvindj98: 9:14am On Nov 10, 2019
Your GOs have personal doctors and also travel out for medical care, you mumus are here doing biblical abracadabra.
Keep deceiving yourselves.

15 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Unghost: 9:15am On Nov 10, 2019
Writercruze:
Wetin Musa nor go see for gate
wetin chioma nogo see for kitchen

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Femich18(m): 9:15am On Nov 10, 2019
Nice one

The religion fanatics part made me remember a friend whose GF then had skin disease. The BF was totally against medication but only prayer and fasting The GF who is my friend too reported him to me severally on this and many more funny belief. They are no more now sha the Lady has Japa due to this guy funny character.
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Mekanus(m): 9:17am On Nov 10, 2019
Christians too mumu sha. Religion is a huge scam.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Pavore9: 9:18am On Nov 10, 2019
Yawns.....
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by kindnyce(m): 9:21am On Nov 10, 2019
Little wonder,Africa is where it is!

7 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Patrioticman007(m): 9:22am On Nov 10, 2019
Mekanus:
Christians too mumu sha. Religion is a huge scam.

You mean the Business Center is a scam ?. Because in Sango worship, there ain't no fake miracles with Lighting ooooo.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 10, 2019
How can you be sick when you have the spirit of God inside of you?That's like saying God himself can fall sick..
Don't call people Christians just because they attend a church and partake in religious activities.
Christianity is not by mouth,it is you living the life,"life in the spirit".

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Karleb(m): 9:25am On Nov 10, 2019
The major reason is because they don't take medication. undecided

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 10, 2019
As usual, they blamed the sick for not getting healed, blamed the man in coma for not having enough faith, blamed the children/kids for not praying hard enough it's never the fault of God who has all the resources to heal them but yet adamantly refuse to heal them after all the begging, wailing and prayers

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by prince985(m): 9:31am On Nov 10, 2019
Because God does not exist

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by kennyz247(m): 9:34am On Nov 10, 2019
ds matter pass my level,if my pastor wey holy pass fit sick who I'm I not to sick
who go sick die go die,it has nothing to do with yur faith ooo is all centred on grace and mercy from God and doing wat is healthy and right for urself,"no be who pray pass dey live longer"
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by opethom(m): 9:37am On Nov 10, 2019
Forget this bullshit !!! If you’re a good father would you allow your child(ren ) to sick or die ? Christian or whatever you call it is a scam!! You guys want to die coz of one oyinbo you guys called Jesus... racist started from Christian, back in those days, you go see oyinbo picture as Jesus and one back man as devil.. Orin yin ti yi !! I was discussing with a pastor and I asked him about oduduwa and how he came from heaven with chain , the fool replied not possible , the chain still dey ile-ife o, but the fool believed oyinbo virgin got belle and gave birth to oyinbo jesu ... awon wayre jati jati

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by doggedfighter(f): 9:37am On Nov 10, 2019
hopefulLandlord:
I don't know why Christians die of diseases considering the Bible promised them they'd get anything they ask for in prayer so long they have faith even if that faith is as small as a mustard seed. let's see the Bible verses

And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22)

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20)

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25)

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

(Matthew 17:20) For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. then whatever you ask for in prayer will be granted, there are obviously only a few options available after taking a honest look at the lives of Christians and seeing their prayers fail to save them from sicknesses and deaths

1) the Bible is wrong, Jesus never said these things

2) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus was wrong

3) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus lied

4) no one who prayed for anything that actually required god's intervention had any faith

5) the Bible is just a collection of myths & fables & Yahweh, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Satan doesn't exist
What's up, dude?
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by hopefulLandlord: 9:40am On Nov 10, 2019
doggedfighter:
What's up, dude?
Hey, I'm good. how are you too?
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Bacteriologist(m): 9:41am On Nov 10, 2019
oluwaseyi000:
As usual, they blamed the sick for not getting healed, blamed the man in coma for not having enough faith, blamed the children/kids for not praying hard enough it's never the fault of God who has all the resources to heal them but yet adamantly refuse to heal them after all the begging, wailing and prayers

This is deep.

One of the saddest things about being a Christian is that you would most certainly be blamed for your own misfortune. It is either "you were negligent..." "Not fervent in spirit" or my personal favourite "god's plan."

Christianity is just like any other cult out there. At least it is run like one.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Jacobx007: 9:41am On Nov 10, 2019
The human body is not made to last, its as simple as that OP

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Youngzedd(m): 9:49am On Nov 10, 2019
Summary: Ignorance.

Old testaments verses everywhere. Was there a Christian in the old testament?

Mbok, try and differentiate between Judaism and Christianity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? / Tithes Overdue - How Much More Do I Pay? / Shocking: 7 Year Old Girl Reveals That Adeboye,t.bjoshua, Oyedepo,oritsejafor,ol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.