Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,561 members, 7,837,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness (13022 Views)

“3 Compelling Reasons Christians Should Be Punctual” / 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede / 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Kingrefreshed: 10:00am On Nov 10, 2019
Truefaith:
Sadly, much of what this writer put together in this post is occult nonsense people imported into "Christianity" in the last 120 or so years.

If Christians are not supposed to die by diseases and sicknesses, how are they supposed to die?

By suicides, gun shots, drowning or by motor vehicles overrunning them?

Or are they not supposed to die at all?

Has Christ's atonement nullified God's order in Genesis 3 that all men must die?

Occult people, who never read the Bible clearly quote the last part of Isaiah 53:5, "and with his stripes we are healed" without asking themselves the logical question, "Of what diseases"?

What diseases are you healed of by Christ's stripes? Headache, malarial, what?

The diseases and sicknesses of the Bible are clearly written in the whole of Isaiah 53 which these occult people refuse to read: SINS, TRANSGRESSIONS, INIQUITIES, GOING ASTRAY FROM GOD, EACH FOLLOWING HIS OWN WAYS.

You care to know the true God?

Pick the Bible.

Read the whole of Isaiah 53 and Isaiah 59:1-2.

The Pentecostals and Charismatics who quote one-fifth of Isaiah 53:5 are OCCULTS and Babalawos masquerading as Christians.

They don't know Christ and the reason for His Coming and Death.

https://www.thetruechristianfaith.com/2019/10/20/is-divine-healing-guaranteed/

You're the Real Broke Occultist.
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by etrange: 10:11am On Nov 10, 2019
OP, you've just succeeded in making a mockery of christianity.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Steven510(m): 10:14am On Nov 10, 2019
Hmmmmm...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Zege7716: 10:15am On Nov 10, 2019
This is how believers misquote the the scripture to their own detriment. If we compare scripture to scripture and read to understand contextually, you will understand that the whole thing is all about sin. As long as we are in this world, the realities of this world must be faced by all. Revelation 21:4.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:55am On Nov 10, 2019
Prayers Heal, Medications are a SCAM grin grin

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:57am On Nov 10, 2019
@momove4real25 wink
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 10, 2019
grin grin
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by momove4real25(f): 10:59am On Nov 10, 2019
MrNipplesLover:
@momove4real25 wink
what brought about this pls?
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by PJay77: 11:01am On Nov 10, 2019
This interpretation is far from scripture even though the author used scripture to justify them. It is the New Age interpretation of scripture and situations. Jesus died for two reasons: First to cleanse us of our sins and second, to set an example that every believer must follow. He died but all his disciples except John equally met painful death. The earth is a place of exile that we were driven into after our first parents sinned. In Eden we had a fiat. God was with us but on earth we are to pass through turmoil from birth till death to finally meet God. In all these God is not absent. He speaks to us through the voice of our conscience, through people and through situations. God sometimes permits illnesses to cleanse the soul of the victim to prepare it for eternity. When a man is sick he is more concerned about his cure so much that he starts doing introspection on where he went wrong. Many mend their lives with God in the process and even when they are called by God they are already purified and ready. God does not inflict sickness but he permits it if the victim can exploit it for the betterment of his soul.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:02am On Nov 10, 2019
momove4real25:
what brought about this pls?

the person on your DP makes sense.

wink

wink
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Onitola2: 11:44am On Nov 10, 2019
emddi:
How can you be sick when you have the spirit of God inside of you?That's like saying God himself can fall sick..
Don't call people Christians just because they attend a church and partake in religious activities.
Christianity is not by mouth,it is you living the life,"life in the spirit".
oga forget, no human wey no dey sick, even the prophets, it's natural for d body to get sick, unless if d desease you're referring to is of mind, (such as hatred, racism and co) fine, humans are liable to sickness, so get medical care for body treatment, and pray for ur mind ones if u believe in prayer. Shikena

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Onitola2: 11:45am On Nov 10, 2019
emddi:
How can you be sick when you have the spirit of God inside of you?That's like saying God himself can fall sick..
Don't call people Christians just because they attend a church and partake in religious activities.
u believe that God was killed but he can't be sick, common
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Yoighaman(m): 11:47am On Nov 10, 2019
kelvindj98:
Your GOs have personal doctors and also travel out for medical care, you mumus are here doing biblical abracadabra.
Keep deceiving yourselves.

Did you bother to read the post at all before making your comment?
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by breezeng: 12:02pm On Nov 10, 2019
Everyone will die. Christian, Muslim and pagans. So, why are you troubling yourself. Human body are made to expire by aging. It's all scam.
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by thankgod460(m): 12:54pm On Nov 10, 2019
What is certain about individual is that things happen as it was written.

"Mark 14:21 The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born".

But as a true child of God, God will definitely inform you before death. (meanwhile it can come in different ways ).

Another things is that you can as well die either by sickness, accident etc. That doesn't mean you are not of God.
"Isa 57:1 The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come."
The greatest evil that can ever happen to man in life is losing eternity..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by tolu99: 1:08pm On Nov 10, 2019
This is best answer to it all. God uses this process to cleanse the person's soul in readiness for Heaven
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by maestroferddi: 1:44pm On Nov 10, 2019
emddi:
Learn to read your Bible so that you will not be guilty of zeal without knowledge (Romans 10:2)...

Now go to Galatians 4:13-14 (Amplified) and read about Apostle Paul making reference to his own sickness...

Let the Bible be the basis of your faith and profession or else you are just being driven by winds of doctrine and human empty speculations and acclamations...

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by kvngtomi(m): 2:30pm On Nov 10, 2019
FrLukas:
Mr TundeKorede

I put it to you that the reason Christians fall sick and die is because they have failed to grasp the true meaning and teachings of Jesus the Christ.

The power to heal yourself lie with you. The knowledge you need to heal yourself and others is available if only you'll just ask, seek and knock on the door of knowledge.

But why do they still die? Why do they die from diseases, accidents, and other forms of death? Why why why? I'm just a wondering fellow pondering on the wonders of this beautifully created world.
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Judybash93(m): 2:41pm On Nov 10, 2019
WTF did i just read? Wait oOo... Are you serious?

Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by sheDD(m): 2:44pm On Nov 10, 2019
Femich18:
Nice one

The religion fanatics part made me remember a friend whose GF then had skin disease. The BF was totally against medication but only prayer and fasting The GF who is my friend too reported him to me severally on this and many more funny belief. They are no more now sha the Lady has Japa due to this guy funny character.
A Christian doing bf and gf
Like wen there are jst d pair in the room, dnt dey fornicated??
Sometimes, I am jst confused with some christian choice of belief!!
Yet the Bf is being fussy abt taking drugs, but nt niggled abt having a pre-martial sex partner?
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by PJay77: 3:14pm On Nov 10, 2019
Religion is not a scam. It is wrongly practiced religion that is a scam

Mekanus:
Christians too mumu sha. Religion is a huge scam.
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Femich18(m): 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2019
sheDD:
A Christian doing bf and gf
Like wen there are jst d pair in the room, dnt dey fornicated??
Sometimes, I am jst confused with some christian choice of belief!!
Yet the Bf is being fussy abt taking drugs, but nt niggled abt having a pre-martial sex partner?

My dear Brother, just siddon dey look jare
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Panther123: 3:33pm On Nov 10, 2019
hopefulLandlord:
I don't know why Christians die of diseases considering the Bible promised them they'd get anything they ask for in prayer so long they have faith even if that faith is as small as a mustard seed. let's see the Bible verses

And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22)

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20)

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25)

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

(Matthew 17:20) For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. then whatever you ask for in prayer will be granted, there are obviously only a few options available after taking a honest look at the lives of Christians and seeing their prayers fail to save them from sicknesses and deaths

1) the Bible is wrong, Jesus never said these things

2) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus was wrong

3) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus lied

4) no one who prayed for anything that actually required god's intervention had any faith

5) the Bible is just a collection of myths & fables & Yahweh, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Satan doesn't exist
you don't understand the true meaning of the verses you quoted. You don't understand Christianity . many dont either . its really unfortunate
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 10, 2019
kvngtomi:

But why do they still die? Why do they die from diseases, accidents, and other forms of death? Why why why? I'm just a wondering fellow pondering on the wonders of this beautifully created world.

Do you want to know the truth?

In reality, nothing dies.

You can't die. Because you are a spirit being inhabiting flesh.

When you drop the flesh, you will continue to exist. As a matter of fact, this is probably not the first body you are inhabiting. And you'll still probably inhabit more bodies as you journey on the path to perfection.

Even the body you drop when you leave doesn't die.

It disintegrates into its fundamental parts. These fundamental parts become part of other things and keep on existing.
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 10, 2019
maestroferddi:
Learn to read your Bible so that you will not be guilty of zeal without knowledge (Romans 10:2)...

Now go to Galatians 4:13-14 (Amplified) and read about Apostle Paul making reference to his own sickness...

Let the Bible be the basis of your faith and profession or else you are just be driven by winds of doctrine and human empty speculations and acclamations...
When did apostle Paul get ill,before or after his conversion?
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by LordReed(m): 5:21pm On Nov 10, 2019
The last point just rendered the previous ones useless. If something is a mystery then you cannot claim to know it. If healing anointing and how it works is a mystery then your claim that people die of sickness because of ignorance is invalidated.
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by maestroferddi: 10:47pm On Nov 10, 2019
emddi:
When did apostle Paul get ill,before or after his conversion?
Funny question...
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 11, 2019
maestroferddi:
Funny question...
I would like a funny answer too...
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by maestroferddi: 8:13am On Nov 11, 2019
emddi:
I would like a funny answer too...
I asked you to read verses in Galatians. and you are asking a ridiculous question...

Paul wrote the epistles as technically the leader of the emerging New Testament church...

I don't know you people get the touchy-feely ideas who have about Christianity when all you need is to "study to show yourself approved".

Please read your Bible, my dear friend.
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 11, 2019
maestroferddi:
I asked you to read verses in Galatians. and you are asking a ridiculous question...

Paul wrote the epistles as technically the leader of the emerging New Testament church...

I don't know you people get the touchy-feely ideas who have about Christianity when all you need is to "study to show yourself approved".

Please read your Bible, my dear friend.
I said "how can you be sick when you have the spirit of God inside of you".With the reference in Galatians,Was apostle Paul referring to an illness he had before he had the holy spirit in him(his conversion) or after?Help a zealous and ignorant brother
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by maestroferddi: 2:48pm On Nov 11, 2019
emddi:
I said "how can you be sick when you have the spirit of God inside of you".With the reference in Galatians,Was apostle Paul referring to an illness he had before he had the holy spirit in him(his conversion) or after?Help a zealous and ignorant brother
I have since answered your question by referring you to a scripture penned by Apostle Paul under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit...
Re: 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 11, 2019
maestroferddi:
I have since answered your question by referring you to a scripture penned by Apostle Paul under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit...
If you were the only Christian in this world and every one else were sinners,you wouldn't win a single soul to God with the way you dodge questions.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? / The Two Gods Of Islam. / Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.