Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? (12973 Views)

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / TB Joshua Returns N500,000 Tithe To Elderly Woman / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Godmother(f): 8:48pm On Oct 19, 2011
Can you pay your tithe to a man of God, or should the money go straight to the church?
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Joagbaje(m): 9:06pm On Oct 19, 2011
It doesnt belong to the man. It's Gods tithe.
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by ichuka(m): 9:18pm On Oct 19, 2011
@godmother,Christains dont tithe,please go through some old post on these topic.
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by bekay911(f): 9:22pm On Oct 19, 2011
Godmoda ma papa get church u can come and pay it in his church anytym. May God reward u abundantly as u make dis move.The harvest is plenty bt d workers r few Say AMEN
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by God2man(m): 7:02am On Oct 20, 2011
i.chuka:

@godmother,Christains dont tithe,please go through some old post on these topic.
@ i.chuka, so majority of christian churches, i mean major churches in Nigeria that i know, are all wrong about tithe. Where do you get your doctrine from? Which church are you are attending? Why are you twisting the scripture to favour yourself? Tithing is still valid. Thank you. @ Godmother, your tithe should be paid directly to the church, and not to any minister of God. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Azibalua(f): 7:05am On Oct 20, 2011
bekay911:

Godmoda ma papa get church u can come and pay it in his church anytym. May God reward u abundantly as u make dis move.The harvest is plenty bt d workers r few Say AMEN

You pay your tithes only where you receive Gods word and you are being blessed,
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Godmother(f): 7:25am On Oct 20, 2011
i.chuka:

Which chapter and verse of YOUR OWN BIBLE is that written in undecided
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Zikkyy(m): 9:18am On Oct 20, 2011
Godmother:

Can you pay your tithe to a man of God, or should the money go straight to the church?

I think the church structure determines who receives your tithe wink if the (so called) man of God is the owner & CEO of the church, he should be the one receiving your tithe smiley if he is just an ordinary employee with no access to, and does not oversee or control the activities of the finance function, then it's not the man of God receiving your tithe wink

Edit: It also depends on your understanding of tithe. if it was the pastor that convinced you to tithe, you might as well give it to him if he ask for it smiley otherwise there is no need for the question, you already know the beneficiary smiley
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by ichuka(m): 9:20am On Oct 20, 2011
@God2man,if all the Churches in the world are tithing those that make it right?we have discussed this topic in the past,i dont want go into it again,but,let me give you a verse.
And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile,go with him twain,Matt5:41;it was lawful for a Jew to carry the load of a Roman citizen for one mile,was an establish law then,but Christ told the Jews to go with them twain,He taught them at one mile is the law,going an extra mile is Grace.tithe is part of the law,our tithe(+)plus is Grace.its an insult to our Lord when we pay tithe,we are telling Him that we can pay Him back for what He did  for us or we are paying Him to open the windows of Heaven and shower us with blessings.even before we are born He have blessed us.
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Enigma(m): 9:22am On Oct 20, 2011
@ Godmother

Supposing that one month you are about to pay your tithe into church or to a man of God but you learn that one family needs money urgently because their child in hospital needs an operation: do you think it would be right to pay your tithe directly to that family?

Before you answer, please read Deuteronomy 14:22-29.

smiley
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by ichuka(m): 10:32am On Oct 20, 2011
@Godmother,
but ye are a chosen generation a ROYAL PRIESTHOOD, (1ptr2:9)
And hath made us kings and PRIESTS unto God and the father, (Rev1:6).
We(Christains) are all priests.
God2man told u to pay to the Church my question to Him is who are the Church?
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by God2man(m): 10:57am On Oct 20, 2011
I detest argument. Let me share this revelation from God to everyone. I am not forcing you to believe my night dream,you can call it hallucination or whatever,all i know is that God speak to us through night dream,revelations,vision,close and open vision,conscience,through his annointed minister of God, in diverse ways that could be mysterious. So,let's learn.There was a time, i had already spent all my salary before i collected it,this was because there were many bills to pay. I made up my mind, that i will not pay my tithe that very month. I have not even collected the money. I dreamt, in that night dream, i was told "pay your tithe" by a man that spoke to me in the dream. Then i woke up. That month i paid my tithe. It is not only because of revelation or night dreams,it is because God commanded it. It is still valid. God bless you. God2man.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by HISchild: 11:36am On Oct 20, 2011
Humbly, neither! In this day and age, better to use that money to buy someone a holy Bible and present it directly to him/her or send people Scripture via whatever means possible, as you are led by GOD, by HIS grace.

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not." - 2 Pet 2:1-3

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works." - 2 Co 11:13-15

But ultimately, by GOD's grace, tithe your entire being / self (Mark 12:30-31): "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." - Rom 12:1
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Princek12(m): 11:50am On Oct 20, 2011
Godmother:

I am a man of God. Oya, wey my 10% of your money?
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by AfroBlue(m): 11:55am On Oct 20, 2011
Jesus was a carpenter, not a professional tithe collector.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by stagger: 11:59am On Oct 20, 2011
Godmother:

So it is on Nairaland you want to find the answer.

What does your own bible say?
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Maximip(m): 12:03pm On Oct 20, 2011
People don't still understand this thing. Has God ever come down from heaven to collect his tithe? even in the bible? It's

always the duty of the man of God to manage the tithe and feed from it as well.
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Serendipity: 12:16pm On Oct 20, 2011
If it is a typical nigerian man of God, who will take the dough, buy posh cars and aircraft, then I won't pay any farthing.
I would rather take the money and help the less privileged 'directly' myself.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by knick(m): 12:21pm On Oct 20, 2011
I dont know how it works for anybody, bt as for me, it is my my key.
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Baawaa(m): 12:24pm On Oct 20, 2011
This was one of my testimonies, Precisely,2004 when i was seeking for job,i attended my church deliverance program and in that program they asked us to make vow.My own vow was"GOD i want to be paying Tithe"believing me that very week i got a job,Since then i have been paying tithe.In addition,in march 2005,i increased my tithe just to round-up the figure.To my surprise the following month my salary was increased!!
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by jpworld(m): 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2011
Na wao church maga plenty 4 naija, why will any reasonable human being, give 10% of his income in the name of tithe?
Na church work the money 4 u?

I have never and will never pay tithe.
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 20, 2011
Joagbaje:

It doesnt belong to the man. It's Gods tithe.

Mumdota, is the question about possession?

Baawaa:

This was one of my testimonies, Precisely,2004 when i was seeking for job,i attended my church deliverance program and in that program they asked us to make vow.My own vow was"GOD i want to be paying Tithe"believing me that very week i got a job,Since then i have been paying tithe.In addition,in march 2005,i increased my tithe just to round-up the figure.To my surprise the following month my salary was increased!!
Thank God for you. Doesn't mean it will work for everyone. There's something called coincidence by the way,

stagger:

So it is on Nairaland you want to find the answer.

What does your own bible say?

If you no get answer, keep quiet or show person the way,

HISchild:

Humbly, neither!  In this day and age, better to use that money to buy someone a holy Bible and present it directly to him/her or send people Scripture via whatever means possible, as you are led by GOD, by HIS grace.

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not." - 2 Pet 2:1-3

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works." - 2 Co 11:13-15

But ultimately, by GOD's grace, tithe your entire being / self (Mark 12:30-31): "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." - Rom 12:1  

Beautiful answer,
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by pkv(m): 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2011
HISchild:

Humbly, neither! In this day and age, better to use that money to buy someone a holy Bible and present it directly to him/her or send people Scripture via whatever means possible, as you are led by GOD, by HIS grace.

God wuld bless jo!because we r d end tyms certainly no godmother.we r unda grace and not unda law at such d word tithe as it applys 2 me is giving myself entirely 2 God.all oda tithes just tend 2 flow naturaly afta dat.i go dey soak garri with my neighbour wear one jeans 4 6 days then i go carry my money go giv one ovafed buffon wey get private jet because him dey preach wetin dey sweet my ear.who is it d church?is it not a collection of spiritual and physical parts.how ryt hand go dey chop then left hand go dey farm.i better use dat money and giv it 2 those missionaries in the thick forest
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by jpworld(m): 12:34pm On Oct 20, 2011
Baawaa:

Na wao! So ur papa where send u go school na fool!

U self where go school, make u know say, ur future must change someday.  u don't need tithe to make things happen.
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by ichuka(m): 12:36pm On Oct 20, 2011
@God2man,
nobody is arguing with you,all am saying is that 10% is the Law,but 10%+(plus) is Grace,the plus(+) is the key,it might be 10%+1naira.or 10%+ 1million thats up to you,you might even give it to your next door neighbour as been lead by the Spirit,God dont want 10% of our life He wants every(100%)He gave all He have to save us,anything less than all we have is an affront to His cross,Bless you too.
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 20, 2011
Nothing wrong paying your tithe in the church or paying to a pastor. Anyone that collects money in the name of the Lord and spends it, such would would be held accountable. that's why you need to attend a Bible beliving assembly (Church) where the gospel is preached undiluted. Don't disobey God by playing smart trying to put His money in safe hands; he is more than able to do so for himself. Even in the Bible there were priests that abused their offices although it doesn't justify the act.
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by netghost: 12:49pm On Oct 20, 2011
@OP

u should not even be paying tithe , if you have anything to give out, give it to the poor people you come across
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 20, 2011
Tundeiknow:

Nothing wrong with paying to a Pastor directly. Whether you pay in the church or you pay to a pastor as your tithe it is the name of the Lord and it's God's money but if he spends it, he would be held accountable.

And God won't hold you accountable for giving your money to a conman, abi?

God won't hold you responsible for not ensuring your money is spent in the right manner?

God wants you to throw your money to the wind in His name?

God2man:

@ i.chuka, so majority of christian churches, i mean major churches in Nigeria that i know, are all wrong about tithe. Where do you get your doctrine from? Which church are you are attending?  Why are you twisting the scripture to favour yourself? Tithing is still valid. Thank you. @ Godmother, your tithe should be paid directly to the church, and not to any minister of God. God bless you. God2man.  
1. When the church said the earth was flat, did anyone question them? The one who questioned was mad. In fact, mad was right.
2. The church is led by men who will still be men hence MEN of God not god of GODS. These are men that are still susceptible to sin esp of a young boy's nature cheesy. That's why you have the Bible. So that when they say things which do not conform to the Bible, you have the Scriptures to confirm what they've said. Some of us are just too lazy or too scared to question the pastor.

God2man:

I detest argument. Let me share this revelation from God to everyone. I am not forcing you to believe my night dream,you can call it hallucination or whatever,all i know is that God speak to us through night dream,revelations,vision,close and open vision,conscience,through his annointed minister of God, in diverse ways that could be mysterious. So,let's learn.There was a time, i had already spent all my salary before i collected it,this was because there were many bills to pay. I made up my mind,  that i will not pay my tithe that very month. I have not even collected the money. I dreamt, in that night dream, i was told  "pay your tithe"  by a man that spoke to me in the dream. Then i woke up. That month i paid my tithe. It is not only because of revelation or night dreams,it is because God commanded it. It is still valid. God bless you. God2man.  
1. So based on your personal experience and your dream( which may be attributed to one or more mosquito bites, sorry to say so) you feel you have a spiritual claim higher than the Bible?
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Ovanalz: 1:06pm On Oct 20, 2011
As christians we shud know our rite.payin of tithe 2 a man of God is okay cos even if u pay to the church he wil be the one to collect it so we shudn't be lookin at the pastor but God.
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by chines4(m): 1:25pm On Oct 20, 2011
Pay tithe ooo, don't pay tithe ooo, its your personal relationship with God, that matters. The teaching of Christ is more in giving, to church, to priests,to the needy(very important) and to anyone that you can help.
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Orikinla(m): 1:26pm On Oct 20, 2011
yes.
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by femi4: 2:25pm On Oct 20, 2011
TITHING IS GIVING, Whether its being used appropriately, its between the Man that spent it and God. And for those of you who would rather give their money to the poor, how sure are you that the money you give to that your "so called POOR" will not be used smoking India hemp. SO LET EVERY MAN GIVES ACCORDING TO HIS HEART, Be it tithe or offering. If I can give beyond 10 percent monthly, please don't limit me.

To answer the question, the tithe goes to the church and not the pastor, from which the Church executives determines how it will be spent. This is use in the upkeep of the church,supporting the congregation and in the payment of ministers salaries/honorarium.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. / "My Haters Are My Advertisers" - T.B Joshua Reveals His Church Secret / There Is No Free Will In The Bible So Enough Of The Lies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.