Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case (2315 Views)

Makinde Wins Polling Unit, Wins In Adelabu’s Polling Unit / Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim / Adelabu Vs Makinde : Tribunal To Deliver Judgement Tomorrow (monday) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by kidap: 2:07pm On Nov 11, 2019
There is confusion at the court of appeal as the judges refused to rule in the case brought before it by the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Oloye Bayo Adelabu against the victory of Governor Seyi Makinde.

The judges had, rather than dismiss the petitioner’s case or sack the incumbent, said if not for the time limit, it would have ordered a retrial.

They however did not sack the governor.

Both parties are already preparing their documents for appeal at the Supreme Court, Abuja.

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/11/11/confusion-as-appeal-court-refuses-to-rule-in-adelabu-vs-makindes-case/
Lalasticlala OAM4J, Mynd44

Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by aolawale025: 2:09pm On Nov 11, 2019
Makinde clearly won hands down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by Nollyzonenews: 2:29pm On Nov 11, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by fergie001: 2:33pm On Nov 11, 2019
This victory is as clear as daylight nah.....

Well, "Supreme Court" gbera.....
Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by seunmsg(m): 3:27pm On Nov 11, 2019
The decision of the court of appeal is nothing but a joke. They agreed the petitioner proved his case beyond reasonable doubt but they can’t pass judgement because of some reasons I still don’t understand. What is the big deal in nullifying the election of Makinde and ordering a rerun or even declaring Adelabu the winner? Is it a must to order a retrial?

If a PDP petitioner had proved his case beyond reasonable doubt, would they have come up with this kind of laughable excuse?

As far as I’m concerned, justice was not done to Bayo Adelabu and it is unfortunate. The Supreme Court faced the same dilemma in Amaechi vs Omehia back in 2008. Amaechi proved his case beyond reasonable doubt but it was unprecedented as at that time for the court to declare someone who didn’t contest the election as winner. The court rose above sentiment and declared Amaechi winner because that was the only way justice would have been done in the case. The court of appeal should have done the same thing.

Since the Supreme Court have the final jurisdiction on the matter, i will be looking forward to the decision of the bold justices of the court.

5 Likes

Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by kelvinginzie: 3:35pm On Nov 11, 2019
seunmsg:
The decision of the court of appeal is nothing but a joke. They agreed the petitioner proved his case beyond reasonable doubt but they can’t pass judgement because of some reasons I still don’t understand. What is the big deal in nullifying the election of Makinde and ordering a rerun? Is it a must to order a retrial?

If a PDP petitioner had proved his case beyond reasonable doubt, would they have come up with this kind of laughable excuse?

As far as I’m concerned, justice was not done to Bayo Adelabu and it is unfortunate. The Supreme Court faced the same dilemma in Amaechi vs Omehia back in 2008. Amaechi proved his case beyond reasonable doubt but it was unprecedented as at that time for the court to declare someone who didn’t contest the election as winner. The court rose above sentiment and declared Amaechi winner because that was the only way justice would have been done in the case. The court of appeal should have done the same thing.

We will await the decision of the Supreme Court on the matter.

I don't understand what you are saying
You and I knows Makinde won his election fair and square inspite of all the gang up against him
Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by Firefox01: 3:42pm On Nov 11, 2019
kelvinginzie:

You and I knows Makinde won his election fair and square inspite of all the gang up against him
If there was any gang up, it was against the APC and Adelabu. Be factual please.

2 Likes

Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by seunmsg(m): 3:42pm On Nov 11, 2019
kelvinginzie:

This is no about what you and I know, it is about the law. The court of appeal today in a 4-1 decision nullified the decision of the election petition tribunal that initially upheld the case and agreed to all the grounds of appeal of the petitioner. So, why can’t they do justice to the case?

APC won all the elections conducted in Zamfara but PDP is the party in government in the the state today. Omehia won the Rivers state governorship election in 2007 but Amaechi was made the governor. Adeyeye clearly defeated Olujimi but today, Olujimi is the senator. It is always all about the law and not sentiment.

4 Likes

Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 11, 2019
seunmsg:

This is no about what you and I know, it is about the law. The court of appeal today in a 4-1 decision nullified the decision of the election petition tribunal that initially upheld the case and agreed to all the grounds of appeal of the petitioner. So, why can’t they do justice to the case?

APC won all the elections conducted in Zamfara but PDP is the party in government in the the state today. Omehia won the Rivers state governorship election in 2007 but Amaechi was made the governor. Adeyeye clearly defeated Olujimi but today, Olujimi is the senator. It is always all about the law and not sentiment.

Are you not tired of wailing
Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by sweetonugbu: 3:47pm On Nov 11, 2019
Cry me a river
Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by seunmsg(m): 3:53pm On Nov 11, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Are you not tired of wailing

It is better you stand by the sideline and watch instead of trolling and spamming the thread. This is a serious matter, leave the thread for those who have something reasonable to contribute.

3 Likes

Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by kelvinginzie: 3:58pm On Nov 11, 2019
Pdp should do all they can to take power in 2023 because if APC stay beyond 2023, i fear for our democracy.
Zone their ticket to North West and South
Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 11, 2019
seunmsg:

It is better you stand by the sideline and watch instead of trolling and spamming the thread. This is a serious matter, leave the thread for those who have something reasonable to contribute.

I asked a question. Are you not tired of wailing?
Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by kelvinginzie: 4:00pm On Nov 11, 2019
MelesZenawi:

I asked a question. Are you not tired of wailing?

Is this news real(Makinde sacked)?
Is this how our democracy will be lost.
I have never seen this kind of impunity
Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by Firefox01: 4:03pm On Nov 11, 2019
kelvinginzie:

Is this news real(Makinde sacked)?
Is this how our democracy will be lost.
I have never seen this kind of impunity
What impunity? Is the law only fair when it is in favour of PDP? The appeal court set aside a faulty tribunal judgement and you call it impunity? Can you be more Catholic than the pope? Do you know the law more than the Justices? Anyway, they've headed to the supreme Court. Let's see what the supreme Court will say.

2 Likes

Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 11, 2019
kelvinginzie:

Is this news real(Makinde sacked)? Is this how our democracy will be lost. I have never seen this kind of impunity

Whether Makinde lose or win.....None of my business.
I have no interest in their affairs.
I'm only responding to a known wailer here.
Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 11, 2019
kelvinginzie:

Is this news real(Makinde sacked)? Is this how our democracy will be lost. I have never seen this kind of impunity

Whether Makinde lose or win.....None of my business.
I have no interest in their affairs.
I'm only responding to a known wailer here.

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by johnmartus(m): 4:04pm On Nov 11, 2019
Judiciary committee should fire this illiterate man that delivered this case.
Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by Firefox01: 4:07pm On Nov 11, 2019
johnmartus:
Judiciary committee should fire this illiterate man that delivered this case.
You're the illiterate for not knowing that four out of five Judges gave this judgement. It is not the judgement of one man.

For the benefit of everyone here, Makinde was NOT SACKED by the appeal court. The appeal court only rendered null and void, the decision of the tribunal. Both parties have headed to the supreme Court. It is there that the final judgement will be passed.

3 Likes

Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by kelvinginzie: 4:09pm On Nov 11, 2019
Firefox01:
What impunity? Is the law only fair when it is in favour of PDP? The appeal court set aside a faulty tribunal judgement and you call it impunity? Can you be more Catholic than the pope? Do you know the law more than the Justices? Anyway, they've headed to the supreme Court. Let's see what the supreme Court will say.

But Gov abiodun of ogun state was upheld, Lagos was upheld,
All the Apc south west upheld
But its Pdp now, they want to say overvoting

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by Firefox01: 4:12pm On Nov 11, 2019
kelvinginzie:

But Gov abiodun of ogun state was upheld, Lagos was upheld,
All the Apc south west upheld
But its Pdp now, they want to say overvoting
You forget that the same court sacked elected APC members in Zamfara including the governor for PDP, barred APC from contesting in Rivers. Should I also call that impunity?

2 Likes

Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by kelvinginzie: 4:14pm On Nov 11, 2019
Firefox01:
You forget that the same court sacked elected APC members in Zamfara including the governor for PDP, barred APC from contesting in Rivers. Should I also call that impunity?

Why are you guys always using Zamfara and Rivers to justify your impunity.

2 Likes

Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by Firefox01: 4:21pm On Nov 11, 2019
kelvinginzie:

If they judgements weren't impunity, then the judgements in favour of APC isn't too.
Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by ArmedRobber: 4:23pm On Nov 11, 2019
kelvinginzie:

don't worry supreme Court will undo the appeal court judgement and give Apc the deserved victorycheesy

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by bejeria101(m): 4:26pm On Nov 11, 2019
Dem.Don sack makinde! The news is out
Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by senatordave1(m): 4:44pm On Nov 11, 2019
kelvinginzie:

Why cant we use it?
Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by senatordave1(m): 4:46pm On Nov 11, 2019
bejeria101:
Dem.Don sack makinde! The news is out
If it is true,then ihedioha will be sacked
Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by senatordave1(m): 4:49pm On Nov 11, 2019
fergie001:
This victory is as clear as daylight nah.....

Well, "Supreme Court" gbera.....
Though i know that makinde won clearly but if he's sacked,ihedioha will also be sacked certaonly
Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by fergie001: 4:53pm On Nov 11, 2019
senatordave1:

Though i know that makinde won clearly but if he's sacked,ihedioha will also be sacked certaonly
Hahahahahahaha....I don't think there is a victory I have seen that hurt you like Ihedioha's.
Good to know sha.....

He is Governor for now and Uche Nwosu will never ever smell there.
I am rooting for Ayade's bro in 2023....that one that leads cultists....yes...I no call name oooo
grin grin

Maybe Makinde didn't win in 2/3-majority cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by durangokid: 4:53pm On Nov 11, 2019
seunmsg:
The decision of the court of appeal is nothing but a joke. They agreed the petitioner proved his case beyond reasonable doubt but they can’t pass judgement because of some reasons I still don’t understand. What is the big deal in nullifying the election of Makinde and ordering a rerun or even declaring Adelabu the winner? Is it a must to order a retrial?

Since the Supreme Court have the final jurisdiction on the matter, i will be looking forward to the decision of the bold justices of the court.
. I know no other person can make this comment except you.

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Appeal Court Refuses To Rule In Adelabu Vs. Makinde’s Case by kelvinginzie: 5:00pm On Nov 11, 2019
durangokid:
. I know no other person can make this comment except you.

Can't you see that the judges are trying to play safe and save their necks from the powers that be without dragging the Judiciary into the mud.
Apc will not stay in power forever, let's be guided for posterity sake

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19: Fear In S/west Over Influx Of Northern Youths / Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate / Watch Video: Orlu Is On Fire, Nigerian Soldiers Vs ESN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.