Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,938 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Pastor Offers Behind The Scenes Look At Kanye West Service Where '2k' Got Saved - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Offers Behind The Scenes Look At Kanye West Service Where '2k' Got Saved (2786 Views)

Thousands Committed Their Lives To Christ At Kanye West Sunday Service In Baton / Kanye West 'Jesus Is King' Is Packed With Bible Verses & Praises To God / Did Apostle Paul Struggle With Sin After He Got Saved According To Romans 7:18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Offers Behind The Scenes Look At Kanye West Service Where '2k' Got Saved by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:02pm On Jan 10, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

i have been on NL for more than 10yrs.... educating brainwashed people like Olaadegbu...

So you've been trolling me for 10 years!

Re: Pastor Offers Behind The Scenes Look At Kanye West Service Where '2k' Got Saved by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:13pm On Jan 10, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
So you've been trolling me for 10 years!

i dont know who you are, but YES, i have been educating the likes of you (deluded brainwashed religious people) for +10yrs on NL
Re: Pastor Offers Behind The Scenes Look At Kanye West Service Where '2k' Got Saved by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:16pm On Jan 10, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
Who is the donkey now? cheesy

i know that you religious donkeys dont know anything about COMMON SENSE, or prefer to disregard it for your foolish invisible man in the sky....dont despair, sense will eventually come to you someday.
Re: Pastor Offers Behind The Scenes Look At Kanye West Service Where '2k' Got Saved by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:57pm On Jan 11, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

i dont know who you are, but YES, i have been educating the likes of you (deluded brainwashed religious people) for +10yrs on NL

I guess someone has been telling you that you are smart.

Re: Pastor Offers Behind The Scenes Look At Kanye West Service Where '2k' Got Saved by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:01pm On Jan 11, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

i know that you religious donkeys dont know anything about COMMON SENSE, or prefer to disregard it for your foolish invisible man in the sky....dont despair, sense will eventually come to you someday.

Let Kanye West and Candace teach you about common-sense.

Re: Pastor Offers Behind The Scenes Look At Kanye West Service Where '2k' Got Saved by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:26pm On Jan 11, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
Let Kanye West and Candace teach you about common-sense.

never confuse politics with religion.... at least politicians are making "some" sense!

OLAADEGBU:
I guess someone has been telling you that you are smart.

what has the above got to do with being smart?!?!?!?! stop acting like the brainwashed donkey that you are...

Re: Pastor Offers Behind The Scenes Look At Kanye West Service Where '2k' Got Saved by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:36pm On Jan 13, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

never confuse politics with religion.... at least politicians are making "some" sense!

what has the above got to do with being smart?!?!?!?! stop acting like the brainwashed donkey that you are...

Your mates are mourning Soleimani and you are here trolling.

Re: Pastor Offers Behind The Scenes Look At Kanye West Service Where '2k' Got Saved by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:35pm On Jan 13, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
Your mates are mourning Soleimani and you are here trolling.

in the meantime, we all know what your mates are doing....

Re: Pastor Offers Behind The Scenes Look At Kanye West Service Where '2k' Got Saved by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:22am On Jan 14, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
Pastor Offers Behind-the-Scenes Look at Kanye West Service Where Thousands Got Saved[b][/b]
7:00AM EST 11/11/2019 STEPHEN STRANG

It's no secret that Kanye West is getting serious about his faith in Jesus. West went from rapping about sinful topics with coarse language to singing God's praises with bold faith. And now we're seeing the fruit—at least 1,000 people were reportedly saved during an impromptu altar call at one of West's recent concerts.

West performed some of his songs from his new album, Jesus Is King, in front of the crosses outside of Bethany Church in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. A crowd of thousands of people raised their hands in worship to Jesus Christ.

I had the privilege to speak with the pastor of Bethany Church, Jonathan Stockstill, about this incredible moment of mass salvation and what God is doing in West's life. My first question, though, was how on earth he managed to book West at his church.

"The answer is: We didn't," Stockstill says. "We didn't book him at all. It was just something that happened. One of his promoters was driving past our property. And we have three really large crosses on our property. And he took a snapshot of it and sent it to Kanye, and Kanye said, 'I want to do a service there.'"

After 48 hours of consideration, Bethany Church gave West's team the green light, and two days later, West had his Sunday Service.

West started holding these Sunday Service events in the beginning of this year. They often include gospel songs and a gospel-centric sermon. The event at Bethany Church was no different. West even gave an altar call. And as I mentioned before, around 1,000 people gave their lives to Jesus, according to Curvine Brewington, a pastor and musician who attended the service.

Stockstill says the police estimates that 10,000 people showed up to the event—2,000 of whom reportedly bought tickets and 7,000 of whom received them free. Stockstill describes the scene as "an ocean of hands" lifted up to Jesus.

"I would say a few thousand people lifted their hands to respond to salvation," he says. "This was one of the most exciting, electric experiences I've had. It's wasn't in a building. It was in the open air. It was very simple. There was no light show, no fog machines. There was no stage, really. It was just flat ground with 10,000 people."

Although Stockstill says the scene was hard to describe, it gave off an atmosphere that was "very genuine, very energetic, very worshipful, very Jesus-centered." That sounds like a worship service to me!

And even though many Christians were skeptical of West's claim of conversion earlier this year, it's hard to ignore the spiritual fruit in West's life. Every single song on his new album talks about the Lord, and one of them even refers to spiritual warfare against Jezebel. Add to that his growing discomfort with people cussing around him and immodest outfits his wife sometimes wears.

"I have watched all the interviews that he's done on different talk shows and have talked to different people who know him personally, and I came to the conclusion that his salvation was very genuine," Stockstill says. "What's been going on in his life is very genuine."

Stockstill recalls the story of the man who was controlled by a legion of demons until Jesus delivered him (see Mark 5 and Luke 8). After Jesus set the demonized man free, He told him to go back to the Decapolis and tell everybody what Jesus did for him.

"It was almost an instant releasing to give a testimony," Stockstill says. "And that's how I've viewed [West's salvation]—God has allowed this man, who has been transformed by Christ, to give his testimony. And it was awesome."

Modern Pharisees will be quick to point out that West's former life was full of sin. His music often highlighted lyrics that degraded women, praised violence and boasted of drugs and sexual immorality. But if God saved Paul—a murderer of Christians—He can surely rescue a sinful rapper.

And perhaps God has chosen West for such a time as this—a time when we need an unconventional approach to the gospel to wake up a sleeping, dying church. If West's nontraditional services bring thousands to the Lord, I hope he keeps doing them.

Be sure to listen to my full interview with Stockstill to hear his deep insight into West's new life in Christ as well as exciting details about West's concert at Bethany Church. And if you're excited about what God is doing in West's life, be sure to share this article with a friend and ask them to pray for this new believer. Let's welcome West into the family of God with open arms.

https://www.charismanews.com/opinion/78727-pastor-offers-behind-the-scenes-look-at-kanye-west-service-where-thousands-got-saved

It's no secret that Kanye West is getting serious about his faith in Jesus.

Re: Pastor Offers Behind The Scenes Look At Kanye West Service Where '2k' Got Saved by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:57am On Jan 15, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

in the meantime, we all know what your mates are doing....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxrprTMsV9I

You need to wake up and smell the coffee. Don't get left behind. See those in the videoclip who woke up to reality.

Re: Pastor Offers Behind The Scenes Look At Kanye West Service Where '2k' Got Saved by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:03pm On Jan 15, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
You need to wake up and smell the coffee. Don't get left behind. See those in the videoclip who woke up to reality.

bwaaaaah a brainless religious donkey talking about being "woke"... how funny!

[img]https://media1./images/e3f453d47cbc7ed46c292c998f682137/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Pastor Offers Behind The Scenes Look At Kanye West Service Where '2k' Got Saved by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:19pm On Jan 15, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

bwaaaaah a brainless religious donkey talking about being "woke"... how funny!

[img]https://media1. /images/e3f453d47cbc7ed46c292c998f682137/tenor.gif[/img]

If you woke, then wake up
With Judas, kiss and make up
Even with the bitter cup
Forgave my brothers and drank up
Did everything but gave up
Stab my back, I can't front
Still we win, we prayed up
Even when we die, we raise up (Hallelujah) - Kanye West cheesy

Re: Pastor Offers Behind The Scenes Look At Kanye West Service Where '2k' Got Saved by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:32pm On Jan 15, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

If you woke, then wake up
With Judas, kiss and make up
Even with the bitter cup
Forgave my brothers and drank up
Did everything but gave up
Stab my back, I can't front
Still we win, we prayed up
Even when we die, we raise up (Hallelujah) - Kanye West cheesy

clap for yourself...now go get a refund on your brain.... you were defrauded, yours seems to be out of order.

[img]https://media1./images/818cba1900d3ba5acdb66533c5f47e05/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Pastor Offers Behind The Scenes Look At Kanye West Service Where '2k' Got Saved by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

clap for yourself...now go get a refund on your brain.... you were defrauded, yours seems to be out of order.

[img]https://med ia1./images/818cba1900d3ba5acdb66533c5f47e05/tenor.gif[/img]

Closed on Sunday, you're my Chick-fil-A
Closed on Sunday, you my Chick-fil-A
Hold the selfies, put the 'Gram away
Get your family, y'all hold hands and pray
When you got daughters, always keep 'em safe
Watch out for vipers, don't let them indoctrinate
Closed on Sunday, you my Chick-fil-A
You're my number one, with the lemonade
Raise our sons, train them in the faith
Through temptations, make sure they're wide awake
Follow Jesus, listen and obey
No more livin' for the culture, we nobody's slave. - Kanye West.

Did anybody say 'Donkey'? tongue

Re: Pastor Offers Behind The Scenes Look At Kanye West Service Where '2k' Got Saved by Solomonjkk: 6:41pm On Jan 26, 2020
Abeg reply my mail I sent to you ASAP.
Thanks.

Anas09:

Did God say his gifts to us would not bring us profit?

He gave us talents and said we shd go and do business, make profit from it.

Kanye just fulfilled scriptures. He has a singing talent, with it, he will now praise God, with it, he will Also chop.

The gift of a man maketh a way for him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

THE TRINITY: Explanation Of The God Head / Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? / Kenneth E Hagin Of Blessed Memory (aug20,1917 -sept 19,2003)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.