Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? (2784 Views)

Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics / Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) / Are Catholics Really Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 25, 2011
The Catholic church declares unto all that are of her church to embrace and gather as many statues, medals, relics, and artifacts to themselves as a sign of holiness unto the Lord God. However, the Creator specifically states,

Exodus 20:4, "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:"

Deuteronomy 29:17, "And ye have seen their abominations, and their idols, wood and stone, silver and gold, which were among themsmiley

The Catholic church teaches it's followers to bow down before statues when in prayer. Anyone can walk into a Catholic church and see kneelers before every statue place within. However, the Creator specifically states,

Exodus 20:5, "Thou shalt  not bow down thyself to them,  nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God,visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of  them that hate me;"

Leviticus 26:1, "Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a  standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God."

The Catholic church proclaims loudly that Jesus is dead and unable to help you. Walk into any Catholic church and you will see a DEAD Jesus on a cross, a DEAD Jesus in the arms of His mother, or an INFANT Jesus in the arms of His mother. However, look at the MEN and WOMEN depicted in statues. Look at Mary, Joseph, Peter, Anthony, and hundreds of other saints. They are all displayed as alive and well and very capable of helping you and hearing your prayers. However, it is written,   
Acts 25:19, "But had certain questions against him of their own superstition,  and of one Jesus, which was dead, whom Paul affirmed to be alive."

Matthew 28:6, "He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."

The Angels were more concerned with us gazing  unto the place were Jesus lay, than the place where He hung!

The Catholic church declares that you must bow before and display acts of worship unto a MAN called Pope. The very words of these Popes are such that they proclaim themselves "God on earth" for all Catholic to adore,

"The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, he is Jesus Christ himself" -Catholic National July 1895.

"We hold upon this earth the place of God  Almighty"  -Pope Leo XIII

The title "Lord God the Pope" is found within a  gloss of Extravagantes of Pope John XXII, title 14, chapter 4 (For more info see "The Words of a Beast" page)

However, the Word of God exposes them graphically when it is written,

Romans 1:25, "Who changed the truth of God into a lie,  and worshipped and  served the creature more than the  Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen."

The Catholic church declares that all should pray unto Mary, Joseph, Therese, and hundreds of other saints. The Catholic church even goes so far at to  declare Mary as your Saviour!

May 7, 1997 (David W. Cloud, Fundamental Baptist News  Service, 1701 Harns Rd., Oak Harbor, WA 98277) - On May 7  Pope John Paul II dedicated  his general audience to "the Virgin Mary" and urged all  Christians to accept Mary as their mother. He noted the words spoken  by  Jesus on the cross to Mary and to John-- "Woman, behold thy son!" and "Behold thy  mother!" (John 19:26,27), and he claimed that in  this statement "IT IS POSSIBLE TO UNDERSTAND THE AUTHENTIC  MEANING OF MARIAN WORSHIP in the ecclesial community ,  which furthermore is based on the will of Christ" (Vatican Information Service, May 7, 1997).

John Paul II underlined that "the history of Christian piety teaches that MARY IS THE PATH THAT LEADS TO CHRIST, and that filial devotion to her does not at all diminish intimacy with Jesus, but rather, it increases it and leads it to very high levels of perfection." He  concluded by asking all Christians "to make room (for Mary) in their daily lives, ACKNOWLEDGING HER PROVIDENTIAL ROLE IN THE PATH OF SALVATION" (Ibid.).

However, Jesus said rather plainly,   John 14:6, "Jesus saith unto him,  I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

The Catholic church demands that all it's members wear medals, crucifixes, scapulars, etc. Even the demons that appear unto them masquarading as Mary and Jesus state,   

"Wear the brown Scapular and other sacramentals." Also it states everyone should "-Keep the statues in your homes." -Bayside "The Lourdes of America"  Jesus and Mary Speak to the World Through Veronica Lueken

"Wear any size crucifix that you can find. It does no have to be big or small, but an image of My Son" Directives from Heaven  From the vision of "-Our Lady, Sept. 7 1985"

"You must keep them upon you, with a crucifix. We demand a crucifix. Directives from Heaven  From the vision of "-Jesus, June 18, 1987"

The Pope himself stated in 1981, "When Pope John Paul II was shot and operated on in 1981, he told doctors not to remove the brown scapular he was wearing. One of the two "most recommended" devotions of the Church,  Pope John Paul is convinced that Our Lady of Mount Carmel, along with Our Lady of Fatima, saved him from the bullets of Mehmet Ali Agca. [See Inside the Vatican, July 2001, page 44] The Virgin Mary appeared at the final apparition of Fatima (Portugal) and at Lourdes (France) wearing the brown scapular.

The pontiff, a Third Order Carmelite, has worn the scapular of Our Lady of Mount Carmel since he was a young boy. He frequent asks Our Lady of Mount Carmel to help him make important decisions. -by John Drogin, ITV staff writer Vatican Magazine

If only the Catholics would  open their Bibles and see that what these demons  are saying, and what the Word has penned are two different things! For it is  written,
1 John 4:1, "Beloved,  believe not every  spirit, but try the spirits whether they  are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."  Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; 

The Catholic church declares that Jesus Christ  incarnate is in the Catholic Eucharist that is made with human hands. It also states rather boldly that,

"If anyone denies that in the sacrament of the most  Holy Eucharist (communion wafer) are contained truly, really and substantially the body and blood  together with the soul and divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ, and consequently the whole Christ,  but says that He is in it only as a sign, or figure or force, let him be anathema." (One exhausted  definition of "Anathema" = To be damned and put to death) Canons and Decrees of the Council of Trent. Original text with English translation, by Rev. H.J. Schroeder, O.P., B. Herder Book Co. 1960, p.79, Canon 1.

The Creator God could not have said it plainer when it was written
Acts 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,

[img]http://1.bp..com/_4C_tSMqS810/Ra2g7CCJ4rI/AAAAAAAAABs/9EQQKxFb1hI/s320/i[/img]

[img]http://ivarfjeld.files./2011/02/mor7.jpg[/img]

[img]http://ivarfjeld.files./2010/10/pope12.jpg[/img]

[img]http://ivarfjeld.files./2010/04/maria.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by olabode07: 8:02pm On Jun 09, 2012
Thanks for your analysis but it has only increase my knowlegde about the catholic faith

2 Likes

Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 09, 2012
De problem with frosbel is that he wouldb create a thread like dis n when he is engaged would end up abandoning it.
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by bright007(f): 11:12pm On Jun 09, 2012
Thanks to poster 4 dis thread.I have wondered all along if catholics read their bible or don't have an original version of d bible.there ar so many of their activities dat are clearly against bible principles.
Ŵĥŷ would one confess one's sins to ťĥĕ pope in order to be forgiven by God?
Ŵĥŷ do catholics have graven images all over their place of worship $ bow especially to d image depicting mary?

1 Like

Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by ijawkid(m): 12:48am On Jun 10, 2012
bright007: Thanks to poster 4 dis thread.I have wondered all along if catholics read their bible or don't have an original version of d bible.there ar so many of their activities dat are clearly against bible principles.
Ŵĥŷ would one confess one's sins to ťĥĕ pope in order to be forgiven by God?
Ŵĥŷ do catholics have graven images all over their place of worship $ bow especially to d image depicting mary?

They'll tell u d isrealites also worshipped d copper serpent/snake.....

I so detest that excuse ................

It wuld have made a lil sense if Jesus set d pace by bowing down to mary's image....
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by Pygru: 10:27am On Sep 14, 2013
O yes
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by RayMcBlue(m): 10:51am On Sep 14, 2013
Definitely a front page material. Devastating in it's surgical precision.

#Thumbs Up.
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by Mintayo(m): 11:08am On Sep 14, 2013
I will say yes and i had no choice even though we have some that are sincere but sincerity is not enough.
I am in a community right now where the majority(99%)are catholics and i can say that these ppl are no different from idol worshippers,majority of what they do are not scriptural.
Imagine calling Mary the queen of heaven,"the queen of heaven"?
The issue of wrshiping Mary is another...
There so many things they do that are not scriptural...i work with them...ate with them,sigh!
They just need to study the Bible very well...Jesus is our perfect example,not mary,not any seventy-somthing year old man,not any dead person but Jesus!
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by RayMcBlue(m): 11:13am On Sep 14, 2013
All Christians are blind, but there is a certain group that is beyond redemption, some call them ROMAN CATHOLICS
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by Mintayo(m): 11:29am On Sep 14, 2013
Ray McBlue: All Christians are blind, but there is a certain group that is beyond redemption, some call them ROMAN CATHOLICS

That is not true,no christain is blind.
Again nobody is beyond redemption,even you,just call on Jesus,that is what He came to do,REDEEM US!
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by nato14(f): 11:47am On Sep 14, 2013
Catholics are idol worshipper. There is no man made excuse or reason that can counter the instructions of our God. Or is it that they claim to be wiser than God. How r they different from the high priest of okija shrine? How will they convince him to stop bowing to images n powerless deities wen dey r equally guilty?
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by RayMcBlue(m): 11:56am On Sep 14, 2013
Mintayo:

That is not true,no christain is blind.
Again nobody is beyond redemption,even you,just call on Jesus,that is what He came to do,REDEEM US!

I laugh in Yiddishgrin grin

Such delusions!
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by Mintayo(m): 12:03pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ray McBlue:

I laugh in Yiddishgrin grin

Such delusions!

Sorry,it is no delusion,it is just the truth,nobody is beyond redemption,Jesus came to save us all...the part we need to do to is just call on Him and believe Him!
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ray McBlue: All Christians are blind, but there is a certain group that is beyond redemption, some call them ROMAN CATHOLICS
What an irrational statement. How can all christains be blind?
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by RayMcBlue(m): 12:29pm On Sep 14, 2013
Reyginus: What an irrational statement. How can all christains be blind?

Believing in something that doesn't exist and making every decision in life base on a book that contradicts everything logical.
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Believing in something that doesn't exist and making every decision in life base on a book that contradicts everything logical.
Lol. How you think! How come you know so well that it doesn't exist?
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by RayMcBlue(m): 1:26pm On Sep 14, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. How you think! How come you know so well that it doesn't exist?

And how do you?
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ray McBlue:

And how do you?
Lolol. Begging the question to reveal itself. You know, I am not contesting the authenticity of anything. You are. And before you say anything is without proof, you also should have a proof that vindicates your statement.
Back to my question.
How come you know so well that He doesn't exists?
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by RayMcBlue(m): 1:56pm On Sep 14, 2013
Reyginus: Lolol. Begging the question to reveal itself. You know, I am not contesting the authenticity of anything. You are. And before you say anything is without proof, you also should have a proof that vindicates your statement.
Back to my question.
How come you know so well that He doesn't exists?

Someone asked me a similar question today, which I answered, and shut her up for a while.

Let's hope it will have the same effect on you.

1. Try praying

2. Statistically analyze prayer

3. Look at all historical gods

4. Think about science

5. Read the Bible

6. Ponder God's plan

7. Understand religious delusion

8. Think about Near Death Experiences

9. Understand ambiguity

10. Watch the offering plate

11. Notice that there is no scientific
evidence

12. See the magic

13. Take a look at slavery

14. Examine Jesus' miracles

15. Examine Jesus' resurrection

16. Contemplate the contradictions

17. Think about Leprechauns

18. Imagine heaven

19. Notice that you ignore Jesus

20. Notice your church

21. Understand Jesus' core message

22. Count all the people God wants to
murder

23. Listen to the Doxology

24. Ask why religion causes so many
problems

25. Understand evolution and abiogenesis

26. Notice that the Bible's author is not
"all-knowing"

27. Think about life after death

28. Notice how many gods you reject

29. Think about communion

30. Examine God's sexism

31. Understand that religion is superstition

32. Talk to a theologian

33. Contemplate the crucifixion

34. Examine your health insurance policy

35. Notice Jesus' myopia

36. Realize that God is impossible

37. Think about DNA

38. Contemplate the divorce rate among
Christians

39. Realize that Jesus was a jerk

40. Understand Christian motivations

41. Flip a coin

42. Listen when "God talks"

43. Realize that a "hidden God" is
impossible

44. Think about a Christian housewife

45. Consider Noah's Ark

46. Ponder Pascal's Wager

47. Contemplate Creation

48. Compare prayer to a lucky horseshoe

49. Look at who speaks for God

50. Ask Jesus to appear
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Someone asked me a similar question with I have her and shut her up for a while,

Let's hope it will have the same effect on you.

Lololol. The dude must have been too gullible to react, or that it made you appear too gullible to receive a response from him.
I hope you are ready for what i'm about to do. Let's get it started.
Number 1. Try prayer. Lolol.
Remember the question is, how can you proof He doesn't exist?
Can you do me the favour of narrating how this proofs the absence of God. I've prayed and it came to pass that what I asked for was fulfilled. This even nails you. You are helping the believers make their argument. You don't think it is possible to carryout an objective of an objective you do not understand.
Now tell us, how does this help the atheists' case?
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by RayMcBlue(m): 2:35pm On Sep 14, 2013
Tunnel vision at it's most extreme, wow!

Okay, let me indulge you...

One way would be to find a contradiction between the definition of God and the God we experience in the real world.

What would happen if we get down on our
knees and pray to God in this way:

Dear God, almighty, all-powerful, all-loving creator of the universe, we pray to you to cure every case of cancer on this planet tonight. We pray in faith, knowing you will bless us as you describe in Matthew 7:7, Matthew 17:20, blah blah blah, in Jesus name we pray, Amen.

We pray sincerely, knowing that when God
answers this completely heartfelt, unselfish,
non-materialistic prayer, it will glorify God and help millions of people in remarkable ways.

Will anything happen? No. Of course not!

This is very odd. Jesus makes specific promises in the Bible about how prayer is supposed to work. Jesus says in many different places that he and God will answer your prayers. And Christians believe Jesus.

If the Bible is literally true, then something is seriously amiss.

Could it be that it's all imaginary?
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ray McBlue: Tunnel vision at it's most extreme, wow!

Okay, let me indulge you...

One way would be to find a contradiction between the definition of God and the God we experience in the real world.

What would happen if we get down on our
knees and pray to God in this way:

Dear God, almighty, all-powerful, all-loving creator of the universe, we pray to you to cure every case of cancer on this planet tonight. We pray in faith, knowing you will bless us as you describe in Matthew 7:7, Matthew 17:20, blah blah blah, in Jesus name we pray, Amen.

We pray sincerely, knowing that when God
answers this completely heartfelt, unselfish,
non-materialistic prayer, it will glorify God and help millions of people in remarkable ways.

Will anything happen? No. Of course not!

This is very odd. Jesus makes specific promises in the Bible about how prayer is supposed to work. Jesus says in many different places that he and God will answer your prayers. And Christians believe Jesus.

If the Bible is literally true, then something is seriously amiss.

Could it be that it's all imaginary?
Lolol. I'm seriously wondering what is happening here. Don't mind my laughter, I can't help it.
Frankly speaking, you are missing the question.
I wouldn't like you to deviate so early from the post. Let me nip it before you start creating different tangents.
My question is still is, how does prayer help the atheist position on the absence of God?
Mind you if you dare repeat that prayer is unanswered, I have pointed out to you that God answered my prayer.
Look for a stronger line.
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by RayMcBlue(m): 2:58pm On Sep 14, 2013
What is this??

Your original question was: "how come you know that he doesn't exist" which prompted me to give you a list. Then, you challenged the "Try prayer" with:

"Now tell us, how does this help the atheists' case?"

Which I responded to by explaining how prayer contradicts debunks god's existence.

Truly mate, I'm beginning to think you lack comprehension skills!undecided
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by RayMcBlue(m): 3:15pm On Sep 14, 2013
Let's not derail this thread further. Just create a thread and we will continue this debate if you want.
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ray McBlue: What is this??

Your original question was: "how come you know that he doesn't exist" which prompted me to give you a list. Then, you challenged the "Try prayer" with:

"Now tell us, how does this help the atheists' case?"

Which I responded to by explaining how prayer contradicts god's existence.

Truly mate, I'm beginning to think you lack comprehension skills!undecided
Lolol. Ad hominem. How can prayer contradict the existence of God.
To begin with, what is prayer?
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ray McBlue: Let's not derail this thread further. Just create a thread and we will continue this debate if you want.
Huh! What happened with the other thread?
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by RayMcBlue(m): 3:19pm On Sep 14, 2013
Reyginus: Lolol. Ad hominem. How can prayer contradict the existence of God.
To begin with, what is prayer?

You are beginning to sound like a troll.
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by RayMcBlue(m): 3:20pm On Sep 14, 2013
Reyginus: Huh! What happened with the other thread?

Now, I'm certain you are a Troll. This debate is over.
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ray McBlue:

You are beginning to sound like a troll.
Lololol. Chineke me oh Ad hominem again! How do you mean exactly?
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Now, I'm certain you are a Troll. This debate is over.
What debate? Smh. A debate which is yet to commence is over.
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by RayMcBlue(m): 3:31pm On Sep 14, 2013
Reyginus: What debate? Smh. A debate which is yet to commence is over.

Exactly! Before you drag me down to your level.

Reasons; It's only an internet troll that can use an innocent mistakes like "contradiction" against their opponent.

It's troll like to start every sentence with "lolol".

It's a troll like behaviour to be enjoying oneself a little too much on an internet forum,

It's a troll-like behaviour to derail a thread, etc.

You might not know it yet, but you exhibit most of the typical internet troll like mannerisms
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? by wisdomw(m): 4:54pm On Sep 14, 2013
Nobody in de catholic church is eva qualified 2 make heaven. Dia was a revelation dat Catholics re highest in Hell. Lemme stop hia, Pray dat God shud Open ur eyes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Characteristics Of The False Prophets / vvvf / Martyrs Of Otranto Entire Vilage Dat Chose Death Insted Of Renouncing Ther Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.