Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? (26802 Views)

MUST WATCH: Honest Review Before Investing On Coinpocket! / COVID19 Financial Security: Buy Back Investment Plan On Land Banking-08027390046 / Make Good Profits Investing On Monthly Basis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by YorubaPrince: 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2019
Land na
Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by Makefav(m): 4:20pm On Nov 12, 2019
Jamesbiodun:
bro just buy land, its a good investment, but if u have enough money buy enough land and d car, so u will be generating some income, just that if uber car problem start, u self go tire
Pls while considering land www.niceproperties.com.ng
www.facebook.com/niceproperties2
As the best answer, we have affordable landed properties at lekki, ajah, ibeju lekki, simawa, mowe, epe Lagos or any area u want go for land its a silent investment that can never depreciate, uber is good but land is better
Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by Limperator(m): 4:20pm On Nov 12, 2019
It depends....if you need something that will generate income for you almost immediately, go for Uber, otherwise, land would be a better investment !
Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by Dchampion65: 4:20pm On Nov 12, 2019
If it is a loan, buying car for uber will pay back the loan than buying property.
If you don't have any other sources of income, buying land will earn you daily income.
Land will not depreciate but make sure the papers are perfected by a competent, I repeat, competent lawyer, if not you will regret it in future.
The choice is yours

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by Donbosco46: 4:21pm On Nov 12, 2019
Like someone ask if you have other business or work where you get income buy land but if you don’t have maybe you just hammer money and want to invest it then go for uber
Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by oyonu(m): 4:21pm On Nov 12, 2019
Buy a car and do the uber business yourself, the profit from it; reinvest it then u will sure make enough money to buy landed properties and build houses
Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by wallisdon: 4:22pm On Nov 12, 2019
Do you have steady income? If you do, go for the land but if you don't have,go for the car.If you manage the car very well ,it can generate money for you to buy a land while still enjoying the income from the car.My opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by iykemyke: 4:24pm On Nov 12, 2019
[Who lied to you that u can do anything meaningful from Proceed from uber. Which proceed if i may ask? from the change riders pay
quote author=Great6Pack post=83963923]Get Uber car and use the proceeds to buy land in a years time[/quote]
Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by Bome01(m): 4:26pm On Nov 12, 2019
aod1:
Hello nairalanders,
I and a friend were considering investment options, and the two ideas as stated above came up, which do you think is the best to go with?
What are the pros and cons of the two ideas?

Mods, please help move to front page so that we can get more insight
Land is the safest investment any man can embark on. You don't have to monitor it like you monitor the driver you hire for the uber. Besides, cars depreciate after awhile. There's a land I'll like you to invest in that would appreciate in value exponentially over a short period of time. It's in close proximity with the refinery Dangote's building presently. Imagine the development that would come to that area when he finally completes the refinery (N.B. this refinery is not a government project so it's highly unlikely to be an abandoned project). Call or WhatsApp +2348057514547 if you're interested in knowing more about this goldmine. And it's at an affordable price.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by Olumeme: 4:27pm On Nov 12, 2019
If not in a very good location, land is not an investment, you only use it to tie money down.
And funny thing is that, a land might be for sale for good 2years and nobody will buy.

If you are gainfully employed, buy land, if you are not employed, buy car and drive yourself on Uber, don't buy a car and give to someone ooo if you dnt want to have HBP

3 Likes

Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by skedman(m): 4:30pm On Nov 12, 2019
The two is very good however you need an everyday income to fund your daily needs
I will advice you go for the uber and create a sinking fund that will buy a land and build the house.
Bustom homes and properties allow you to pay in installment .

Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 12, 2019
aod1:
Hello nairalanders,
I and a friend were considering investment options, and the two ideas as stated above came up, which do you think is the best to go with?

UBER. And drive it yourself.

I hear people here saying land, and that land doesn't depreciate. blah Blah. Land does depreciate.

Buy the car and run your uber.

1 Like

Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by A305: 4:30pm On Nov 12, 2019
maynia:
The question is basically between
Cash flow and capital gain.
Your choice.
You knowledgeable financially.

3 Likes

Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by GoodFaith: 4:34pm On Nov 12, 2019
Get Uber
income from uber can be use for land
Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by DrinkWater10: 4:36pm On Nov 12, 2019
Newguyhere:
Non! undecided. land or car isn't an investment in a third world country undecided
Learn a digital skill and start freelancing cool
My 2 cents cool
Hi. What programming languages do you work with?
Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by A305: 4:36pm On Nov 12, 2019
So many people are torn between land and Uber investment. Sadly, Uber isn't all that investment worthy like it used to be but you can make back your money when you put the car up on a hire purchase deal.

You stand to loose nothing on the HP deal. Driver defaults, you take back your car and sell plus money previously paid by the driver, I don't think you can make a lose if it's a corrolla car due to resale value.

Land is a good investment for the future and safe investment too but you just have to wait years for it to appreciate. Can you wait that long as a hustler who needs cash flow? Uber enables cash flow. Like that say, Scared money don't make no money.

WARNING- Never give out a car on rental on Uber, if you have a regular job and barely have time to keep up with the driver, that would be a bad investment. I repeat bad investment as you would end up selling off the car in 6 month. Only give it out on a HP deal and ensure the car is comprehensively insured. You can never loose on that deal. Even if they steal car, Insurance will indemnify you.

See my sigg for that CHEAP SIENNA

5 Likes

Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by wiseman2011(m): 4:37pm On Nov 12, 2019
LAND AND LAND.....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by Prolific2018: 4:40pm On Nov 12, 2019
Land is viable if you have enough money for construction...
If you do not have enough money to construct now, do not consider buying land.
Land grabbing and encroachment is a nightmare..you will never wish such for your enemy.
Pls do your feasibility study about car hailing service, weigh the pros and cons, identify risk involve, formulate and implement a well structured risk management techniques that guarantees good ROI.
recoup expenditure, accumulate earnings and project for expansion.
Jahbless.
Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by Jobio1(f): 4:40pm On Nov 12, 2019
If I were you I will run to Ibeju lekki and get myself a plot of land, the whole of Nigeria economy is there right now # dangote refinery,lekki sea port,lekki free trade zone, Chinese free trade zone, dangote private jetty and lots more land you buy there for 1milllion this year can be 5million next year. And you can even do installments payment. Call me Let me put you through I am a certified Realtor 08158133469
Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by logan2(m): 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2019
Newguyhere:
Non! undecided. land or car isn't an investment in a third world country undecided
Learn a digital skill and start freelancing cool
My 2 cents cool
is freelancing that easy? How much do yoy earn

1 Like

Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by mechanics(m): 4:42pm On Nov 12, 2019
Former.
Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by Sirseedorf(m): 4:43pm On Nov 12, 2019
I want to go for accessories business too, but it would be mini business.
But my major concern is about putting all my salary savings on the business, what if it did not yield any profitable income or go wrong.

I've also saw a land that I can put my money on but am confused on whether to get the land and continue my salary work and rent a room till things get much better Or go into the accessories business and doing my salary work and get a room for the time being.

please mature and sensitive advice needed .
Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by Sirseedorf(m): 4:43pm On Nov 12, 2019
I want to go for accessories business too, but it would be mini business.
But my major concern is about putting all my salary savings on the business, what if it did not yield any profitable income or go wrong.

I've also saw a land that I can put my money on but am confused on whether to get the land and continue my salary work and rent a room till things get much better Or go into the accessories business and doing my salary work and get a room for the time being.

please mature and sensitive advice needed ...
Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by Vision2ae: 4:46pm On Nov 12, 2019
land for sure....always an investment of the future... and you can always develop the land..can farm on it and feed
buh car...will one day develop a fault
Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by crafteck(m): 4:46pm On Nov 12, 2019
Unik3030:
this is the worst advice ever, many old men who are still living in rented apartment believed they will one day make enough money n buy house. bro go for land if u are a salary earner n if u think of uber just don't think of giving it to a driver, if u are going to be driving it yourself buy a car n u can get land from the proceed

Uber or other business will give u 100 percent in f ur investment in 6 months to 1 year, a land ties down capital, if you are not rich enough to buy land without thinking twice, you can't afford it yet
Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by DEBJOCH1(m): 4:47pm On Nov 12, 2019
GUY I WORK AND EARN PEANUT, MY PLAN IN LIFE WAS TO SET UP A SIDE BUSINESS, MAKE EXTRA CHANGE TO ARGUMENT MY PEANUT 7:6 SALARY, ALONG THE LINE, THE BUSINESS FAILED, I.E (TRANSPORT) DANFO. I DID NOT GIVE UP, I FORGED AHEAD, COLLECTED LOANS FROM OTHER PLACES, GOT MY FIRST PLOT @ N600K, GOT THE SECOND @N650K, DURING THAT PERIOD, BROSS MY SHOES CHOP, MY SHIRT ALMOST GOT FADED, BUT I KNEW THE PAINS WORT IT. TODAY, I DON RASE 3 BEDROOM, STARTED ROOFING, JUST LEFT WITH FEW SLATES TO CONCLUDE THE ROOFING. IF YOU ARE NOT THE ONE TO DRIVE THE UBER, PLEASE AND PLEASE DON'T EVER GET CLOSER TO TRANSPORT BUSINESS. SEEING THE LAND ALONE GIVES ME JOY. SO GO FOR THE LAND.

13 Likes

Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by Daviddson(m): 4:48pm On Nov 12, 2019
donsufia:
Buy car for UBA, use the proceeds from UBA business and buy land. Land appreciation takes a longer time than UBA business proceeds.

Thank me later.
I think GTB is better. I heard drivers make as much as ₦70k per week. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by gabicon: 4:49pm On Nov 12, 2019
aod1:
Hello nairalanders,

It's a tricky one bro, land may sound lucrative but is a long-term investment, also if the said land is not appreciating by at least 15% compound annually, it's a bad investment. Uber is also a good business because of the cashflow of the business, if you are disciplined in saving and can save 50% of your earnings from uber you should be able to raise the capital for your land.

Land in Nigeria is highly overpriced, there are no amenities that justifies appreciation, their appreciation is speculative. My fear is that soon the bubble will bust, especially for cities like Abuja.

O will suggest you do a comparative analysis stating the ROI in the mid and long term, investment decisions is not something that can be placed in the hands of random strangers, you need to do the work.
Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by DEBJOCH1(m): 4:53pm On Nov 12, 2019
Daviddson:
I think GTB is better. I heard drivers make as much as ₦70k per week. undecided

, Lol, you are not funny, no mind the guy calling UBA, UBA kor, WEMA nee.
Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by Toluwarnih(m): 4:53pm On Nov 12, 2019
I can't u 2 buy a car 4 uber, except there z monitoring or u ar d one 2 b drivin. My advice nw z, if u wnt a business dat wil bring almost immediate cash flow, u can buy land and cultivate crops lyk maize, cassava e.t.c. or u can lease out 4 rent, if u wnt a business that wil bring cash flow in lyk 4 years for more than 100years to come, u can as well buy a land and plant cash crops lyk cashew, palm oil e.t.c. and finally if u want a business that will double ur money later in d future u can buy a land and sell it later.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by femi4: 4:55pm On Nov 12, 2019
aod1:
Hello nairalanders,

Buy car for uber, land buying is not that straight forward. If you are buying a land, make sure you have money for foundation or fencing the land to avoid story that touch

1 Like

Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by A305: 4:56pm On Nov 12, 2019
crafteck:

Uber or other business will give u 100 percent in f ur investment in 6 months to 1 year, a land ties down capital, if you are not rich enough to buy land without thinking twice, you can't afford it yet
I stand to be corrected! In 1 year and 6month minus depreciation and car on HP, you can never recoup your Capital on a car bought for Uber.

While in 2 years minus depreciation, you can never fully recover your capital on a car bought for Uber on rental. I minused depreciation in both instances ooo. I have a car on Uber so I know what am talking about. Down time prior to driver, Accident, Car developing faults and the likes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote meets Mugabe on investment approval (PHOtO) / How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) / China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.