Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,387 members, 7,836,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? (26799 Views)

MUST WATCH: Honest Review Before Investing On Coinpocket! / COVID19 Financial Security: Buy Back Investment Plan On Land Banking-08027390046 / Make Good Profits Investing On Monthly Basis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by braine(m): 6:21pm On Nov 13, 2019
crafteck:

I don't own cars on uber or have indepth knowledge of the inner workings but I invested 4 million in a side business 3 to 4 years ago, it gives me 500k to 600k on the average per month now, and I still have my equipments, furniture, inverters worth about 2m now...sold the mikano I bought for 800 and got a smaller diesel gen(not connected to the discussion but excess power means excess waste of diesel)

What business are you into?
Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by Bluehill1051: 12:28pm On Nov 14, 2019
Bluehill1051:
Go and play 2 odds. Portugal vs Germany.
Germany straight win .
Thank me later.
See what I told you... You would have had double now if u listened
Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by Tslim411: 5:26am On Dec 04, 2019
nextstep:
Given a choice in today's environment, I will buy tbills.

Somebody else has made a good case against land, though I don't fully agree (I develop land to rent, not just buy and hold), so our experiences with this PMB era may be different.

Let me attempt to discourage you from buying a car:

I'm assuming a car of about 3M, a cost that includes paperwork (registration, uber related fees, insurance, tax, etc.).
In tbills, 3M @ 12% annually is 360,000k. No further work needed from you for the rest of your life to get this return annually.

Typically, most drivers I know make around 30k/week. You'll likely work 46 weeks (not 52 because you will take breaks, get sick, travel, car breaks down, days with fewer customers, etc). Fuel will cost you at least 15k/week with all that driving, not to mention wear and tear and more frequent maintenance. After all is said and done, you might be lucky to see 15k/week after all associated costs (tolls, police, vulcanizer, stress). Not counting that the car you have is depreciating in value.

46 weeks X 15k is nearly 700k, with a lot of effort.

Sure 700k is more than 360k, but the latter comes without any effort, and oh, you still get to keep your 3M in cash. You can also use your time (which you're not using to drive) to work elsewhere.

Bro plz can you explain better this TBILLS BETTR
Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by Born2conquer: 7:37am On May 16, 2020
gabicon:

It's a tricky one bro, land may sound lucrative but is a long-term investment, also if the said land is not appreciating by at least 15% compound annually, it's a bad investment. Uber is also a good business because of the cashflow of the business, if you are disciplined in saving and can save 50% of your earnings from uber you should be able to raise the capital for your land.

Land in Nigeria is highly overpriced, there are no amenities that justifies appreciation, their appreciation is speculative. My fear is that soon the bubble will bust, especially for cities like Abuja.

O will suggest you do a comparative analysis stating the ROI in the mid and long term, investment decisions is not something that can be placed in the hands of random strangers, you need to do the work.
Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by Born2conquer: 7:38am On May 16, 2020
gabicon:

It's a tricky one bro, land may sound lucrative but is a long-term investment, also if the said land is not appreciating by at least 15% compound annually, it's a bad investment. Uber is also a good business because of the cashflow of the business, if you are disciplined in saving and can save 50% of your earnings from uber you should be able to raise the capital for your land.

Land in Nigeria is highly overpriced, there are no amenities that justifies appreciation, their appreciation is speculative. My fear is that soon the bubble will bust, especially for cities like Abuja.

O will suggest you do a comparative analysis stating the ROI in the mid and long term, investment decisions is not something that can be placed in the hands of random strangers, you need to do the work.
Land appreciate based on DEMANDS and DEMANDS will never seized
Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by Felixts7(m): 3:36pm On Oct 07, 2022
Hello everyone pls i need a car for rental or hp to be use for ehailling (uber and bolt) to deliver weekly.
I'm ready to start work immediately....
Pls if you have any uber/bolt spec car available hit me up on 09059539226

Location is Lagos

If you are an intending investor/partner and you are willing to invest in Uber/Bolt business in Lagos... please don't hesitate to get in touch with me, I handle car with care and you will have good return on your investment..
30k weekly remittance...no story.

Call me on 09059539226...

Location is Lagos
Tanks
Expecting ur call
Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by Doris4ever(m): 11:58pm On Mar 14, 2023
Hello everyone, pls I need a car for rental or HP, to be use for ehailling (uber and bolt) to deliver weekly.

If you are an intending investor/partner and you are willing to invest in uber/bolt business in Lagos, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me.

I will handle your car with care and you will have good return on your investment.
30k weekly remittance...no story.

WhatsApp/call - 07025326910

Location is Lagos
Re: Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? by Doris4ever(m): 2:06pm On Sep 26, 2023
If you have a car parked, you are not driving. Why not allow the car to make you and I money.

Investor/partner who is ready to buy a car and put it on rental or hp depending on the investors preference is welcome.

I will handle the car with utmost care, I have basic background knowledge in vehicle maintenance.

I am ready to pay weekly depending on our agreement

I will provide verifiable guarantor as needed.

I live in a gated compound, car security is guaranteed.

Location is Lagos

WhatsApp/call - 07025326910

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote meets Mugabe on investment approval (PHOtO) / How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) / China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.