Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,125 members, 7,860,057 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:22 AM

Edo Crisis: Nobody Can Force Me Out Of APC - Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Crisis: Nobody Can Force Me Out Of APC - Obaseki (1143 Views)

Edo Crisis: Government Slashes Deputy Governor’s Budgetary Allocation / Nobody Can Force Me Out Of Nigeria – Peter Obi Fires Back At Fani-kayode, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Crisis: Nobody Can Force Me Out Of APC - Obaseki by hisexcellency34: 6:34am On Nov 13, 2019
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

Lagos – Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State on Tuesday dispelled rumours of his plan to dump the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), saying nobody could force him out of a party that he was firmly in control of.

There were reports that the governor, who has been having a running battle with his predecessor, Adams Oshiomhole, was contemplating dumping the APC, on whose platform he contested the 2016 governorship election for the PDP or the Action Alliance (AA).

The speculations became rife on Monday after reports emerged that Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, the PDP candidate in the 2016 governorship election in the state had already concluded plans to join the APC in the coming days.

Credible sources said Oshiomhole, who is the national chairman of APC, had promised Ize-Iyamu automatic ticket to become the party’s flag bearer in next year’s governorship election, a move Obaseki is said not to be comfortable with.

However, speaking with Daily Independent, Obaseki who spoke through Crusoe Osagie, his special adviser on media and communications, said there was no iota of truth in the report that he was planning to dump the APC as he was firmly in charge of the party structures in the state.

He said: “I have said it repeatedly that Governor Godwin Obaseki is firmly in charge of the structures of the APC in the state.

Whatever rumours out there that the governor is leaving the party is completely false. You don’t leave a house that you built and you are in control of.

“As far as we are concerned, nobody can force Governor Obaseki out of the APC. He is firmly in control of the party.

Of course, we are aware people are saying different things but as we speak today, the structure of the APC in Edo State is firmly under the control of Governor Godwin Obaseki.

“Don’t forget that few days ago, all the leaders of the APC in Edo State from across the 18 local government areas all came together and passed a vote of confidence on the governor.

“They even adopted him as their candidate to fly the flag of the party in next year’s governorship election in the state.

“What further endorsement can any governor be looking for at the party level ahead of a governorship election that will take place less than a year from now?

“I repeat, nobody can force Governor Obaseki out of the APC. The party is firmly under his control. So, the talk that he will leave the party does not arise at all.

“All leaders and supporters of APC in Edo State are proud of his achievements and they are solidly behind him.”

The governor also warned some APC members in the state who were creating a parallel group under the aegis of Edo People Movement (EPM), saying the constitution of APC did not support parallel bodies.

“There are a few bad eggs in the party who now have another name for themselves. However, in the constitution of the APC, there is no provision for a pressure group within the party.

“So, these people who have alienated themselves from the party are very minute in number and they don’t in anyway represent the voice of the larger majority of the party members who are solidly behind the governor,” he added.

https://www.independent.ng/edo-crisis-nobody-can-force-me-out-of-apc-obaseki/

Re: Edo Crisis: Nobody Can Force Me Out Of APC - Obaseki by FRESHG(m): 6:45am On Nov 13, 2019
GAME ON
Re: Edo Crisis: Nobody Can Force Me Out Of APC - Obaseki by nairavsdollars(f): 6:51am On Nov 13, 2019
I like this man's spirit. This was the same way Oshiomole waged war against Anenih and other godfathers
Re: Edo Crisis: Nobody Can Force Me Out Of APC - Obaseki by hisexcellency34: 7:04am On Nov 13, 2019
Is Anenih in the same party as Oshiomhole?

nairavsdollars:
I like this man's spirit. This was the same way Oshiomole waged war against Anenih and other godfathers

2 Likes

Re: Edo Crisis: Nobody Can Force Me Out Of APC - Obaseki by nairavsdollars(f): 7:09am On Nov 13, 2019
Was Anenih a godfather or not and didnt Oshiomole fight him and said he has ended godfatherism
hisexcellency34:
Is Anenih in the same party as Oshiomhole?

Re: Edo Crisis: Nobody Can Force Me Out Of APC - Obaseki by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 13, 2019
Obaseki is most confident because he knows Benin people will never disown their vibrant son for one auchi mini-devil.
Re: Edo Crisis: Nobody Can Force Me Out Of APC - Obaseki by hisexcellency34: 8:30am On Nov 13, 2019
Ha ha....na Oshio you finish like that?

writefreely:
Obaseki is most confident because he knows Benin people will never disown their vibrant son for one auchi mini-devil.

1 Like

Re: Edo Crisis: Nobody Can Force Me Out Of APC - Obaseki by Johnnyessence(m): 8:49am On Nov 13, 2019
Obaseki you are out already . Kabaka will work against you. Infact, Ize iyamu will surely get the governorship ticket in Apc next year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Crisis: Nobody Can Force Me Out Of APC - Obaseki by ORIENTATION101: 8:55am On Nov 13, 2019
Obaseki the lizard the see himself like a crocodile .Whether you stay or defect to pdp, you can never win combination of oshomole +ize iyamu+ federal might.

Amosun that was buhari boy and politician for decade was trashed not to talk of you that doesn't have any Political structure any where in Edo.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Crisis: Nobody Can Force Me Out Of APC - Obaseki by NewsMuncher: 9:01am On Nov 13, 2019
Johnnyessence:
Obaseki you are out already . Kabaka will work against you. Infact, Ize iyamu will surely get the governorship ticket in Apc next year.
cheesy
Have you been to Edo state before?? This guy will sit in his house and be analysing rubbish! You're the biggest clown on this platform cheesy

1 Like

Re: Edo Crisis: Nobody Can Force Me Out Of APC - Obaseki by chriskosherbal(m): 9:03am On Nov 13, 2019
nairavsdollars:
you are right dear, same thing is been melted to him .life sef
Re: Edo Crisis: Nobody Can Force Me Out Of APC - Obaseki by Johnnyessence(m): 9:17am On Nov 13, 2019
NewsMuncher:

cheesy
Have you been to Edo state before?? This guy will sit in his house and be analysing rubbish! You're the biggest clown on this platform cheesy
you are the one that's ignorant here. Kabaka will deal with obaseki next year gubernatorial election. Just wait and see.
Re: Edo Crisis: Nobody Can Force Me Out Of APC - Obaseki by NigeriaIsDoomed: 9:21am On Nov 13, 2019
This is a man not that Yoruba weakling who was reduced to a sissy by a common drug baron. grin
Edo folks my respect!

Re: Edo Crisis: Nobody Can Force Me Out Of APC - Obaseki by nairavsdollars(f): 11:20am On Nov 13, 2019
Yes ooo. Lagos is not Edo
NigeriaIsDoomed:
This is a man not that Yoruba weakling who was reduced to a sissy by a common drug baron. grin
Edo folks my respect!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Crisis: Nobody Can Force Me Out Of APC - Obaseki by Ashabbiiee: 7:48pm On Nov 13, 2019
Kabaka that is running helter skelter over his hotel that Obaseki wants to demolish

Johnnyessence:
Re: Edo Crisis: Nobody Can Force Me Out Of APC - Obaseki by Johnnyessence(m): 2:12am On Nov 14, 2019
Ashabbiiee:
Kabaka that is running helter skelter over his hotel that Obaseki wants to demolish

lol
Re: Edo Crisis: Nobody Can Force Me Out Of APC - Obaseki by nairavsdollars(f): 4:47pm On Nov 16, 2019
funny

Ashabbiiee:

Re: Edo Crisis: Nobody Can Force Me Out Of APC - Obaseki by babyfaceafrica: 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2019
till primaries..all these noise..
Re: Edo Crisis: Nobody Can Force Me Out Of APC - Obaseki by Lagosfinder(m): 5:21pm On Nov 16, 2019
Bold one

(1) (Reply)

EDO APC Crisis: ‘the Battle Line Is Drawn’, Oshiomhole Speaks / Army Clashes With Ndlea In Enugu / The Official Price Of Petrol In Nigeria Is Now N125 Per Litre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.