Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,486 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Governor Rotimi Akeredolu And The Naysayers Burden Of Proof - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Rotimi Akeredolu And The Naysayers Burden Of Proof (196 Views)

Governor Akeredolu And His Wife, Betty, On Instagram Live Video Session / Governor Akeredolu And Ayodele Adigun In 1976 Vs 2020 (Photos) / Governor Rotimi Akeredolu’s Daughter's Wedding: Tinubu, Bisi Akande, Attend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Governor Rotimi Akeredolu And The Naysayers Burden Of Proof by greenone: 7:07am On Nov 13, 2019
GOVERNOR ROTIMI AKEREDOLU AND THE NAYSAYERS BURDEN OF PROOF.
Before I continue this article, I implore my readers to read without bias and check for the credibility of my claims. It is said that he who allege must prove, I am not alleging in this piece, but still I will prove my points beyond reasonable doubts to the extent that anyone who wants to disprove the facts will be faced by insurmountable mountains of truth.
Governor Rotimi Akeredolu's current term in office is 3 months short of 3 years, i.e. he would have spent 3 years as a Governor by February 2020. Beyond the rhetorics I want us to examine some achievements of his government and see if we can refer to him as an achiever or otherwise. A vibrant opposition is necessary in order to spur the government to do more, but the problem of a democratic Government are the naysayers who equally see themselves as oppositions. The main difference between an opposition and a naysayer is that the former tries to correct the government by pointing out it's errors and recommending solutions, and also praises the good deeds of the government , while the later will never see anything good about the government.
Akeredolu came at a very critical time, a time when Ondo State was at the brink of economic collapse, with almost 7 months outstanding salary arrears and infrastructural deficit. He instantly set to work. He completed the Irele-Okitipupa linkage bridge and adjoining roads which was abandoned for 8 years. He remembered the abandoned and uncompleted buildings that littered the Ondo State University of Science and Technology and transformed the school to a modern day University.
As an advocate of good governance, he has rehabilitated over 200 public primary and secondary schools in Ondo State. He has embarked on various road construction and rehabilitation, which include the 'very important' Oke-Oka road in Akoko South West Local Government. Most commuters ply that road when traveling to Abuja and it has recorded hundreds of accidents until the Akeredolu led government rehabilitated it. Another major project is the construction and rehabilitation of several roads in Ore, which includes the construction of a standard fly over across the Ore section of the Shagamu-Benin expressway.
As regards workers welfare, he paid the outstanding salary arrears he met when he assumed office and also bought new official vehicles for judges and members of the Ondo State House of Assembly. Security situation in Ondo State has improved greatly under his leadership of the state.
Finally the people of the coastal area of Ondo State are in a state of jubilation as the Nigerian Port Authority (NPA) approved the Ondo Deep seaport construction. This will boost the economic fortunes of the state and create thousands of employment opportunities.
I will list the few projects I have mentioned in this piece so that the naysayers can verify my claims.
1. Payment of about 7 months outstanding salary arrears.
2. Renovation of over 200 public primary and secondary Schools in the state.
3. Completion of the Irele-Okitipupa linkage bridge and adjoining roads.
4. Purchase of brand new official cars for judges in the state.
5. Purchase of brand new official cars for members of the Ondo State House of Assembly.
6. Ongoing (80% complete) construction of a standard fly over across the Ore section of the Shagamu-Benin expressway which will connect commuters from Ondo road directly to Ore town
7. The approval of the deep seaport construction by NPA which the Governor facilitated.
8. Rehabilitation of Oke-Oka road in Akoko South West Local Government.
9. Rehabilitation of several roads within Ore town.
There are other projects that are verifiable too, but I listed these few to start with, all these in less than 3 years! I can boldly tell you that Governor Rotimi Akeredolu is an achiever. I implore the naysayers to stop being negative and join hands with the governor in moving Ondo State forward

Akinola Philip Ayobami,
Assistant Publicity Director Aketi Youth Women Mobilization Group)

(1) (Reply)

Her Trade Supports / Social Media Bill: Top Nigerians In ‘support’, ‘against’ The Bill / Emir Of Kano, Lamido Sanusi Reacts On Border Closure, Says Is National Interest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.