Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,154 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Is Jay-z Trying To Rekindle His Beef With Nas? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Jay-z Trying To Rekindle His Beef With Nas? (2252 Views)

9ice Signs New Record Label Deal, Fights To Rekindle Career / Nas Vs Jayz / Is Nas Truly a Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jay-z Trying To Rekindle His Beef With Nas? by kay29000(m): 7:45pm On Nov 17, 2010
I went online early yesterday morning and was surprised to read an article based on an interview where Jay-Z said that Ether(a reply diss track made by nas in response to Take-Over) does not come close to His track; Take-Over. He even went ahead to say that Take-Over was 100 times better than Ether. I think that is really funny, because i thought the whole beef had been buried, and everybody and their mama's know who won.

I really do not want to go into this issue, but it just surprised me that jay would say that after all this years.

Anyway, below is what he said about the issue.

"I think in history when we look back, and I don't mean no disrespect to Nas, I think when we look back it's not even close. I just think it was a better record."

"The record, if we take Ether it's 100 times better."

I can remember back in 2001 when ether dropped and jay was interviewed on Hot 97 by Angie Martinez, and when he was asked about Ether, he started stuttering, it was almost like he was going to cry. You can check youtube for it.

I just want to know what you guys feel about the whole issue.
Re: Is Jay-z Trying To Rekindle His Beef With Nas? by Dsense(m): 9:29pm On Nov 17, 2010
And what's mine? angry
Re: Is Jay-z Trying To Rekindle His Beef With Nas? by chiogo(f): 4:46am On Nov 18, 2010
Link? tongue

Funny 'cause I was just listening to "Take Over" today. I love jigga but . . nah. grin
Re: Is Jay-z Trying To Rekindle His Beef With Nas? by gbishop: 9:23am On Nov 18, 2010
takeover was hot on moddeep killing the muda4kin ant wt a slege hamma but on Nas, ether bleeped up jayz
Re: Is Jay-z Trying To Rekindle His Beef With Nas? by 04kaa: 10:13am On Nov 18, 2010
takeover is wack.
Re: Is Jay-z Trying To Rekindle His Beef With Nas? by kay29000(m): 5:21pm On Nov 18, 2010
I would have put up d link but i am using my phone right now, but u can check it out on youtube, just type "jay-z crying on hot 97" or you can check it out on vuclip.com if you are using ur phone.

About Take-over being wack, i don't totally agree. It had some facts, the truth is bitter, that is why nas's reply was so hard.
Re: Is Jay-z Trying To Rekindle His Beef With Nas? by Mrjayman: 7:43pm On Nov 18, 2010
jay-z has always had pride in him, I guess thats why he doesnt want to admit ether was a better record.

I remember during the hot 97 interview, angie martinez had to yell "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT" wheen he started cryin

even memphis bleek (a jay-z protege and friend ) had to admit that the day ether was released was a very sad day at rocafella (u can as well google that).

nowadays the word ether is used to describe a hot diss track aimed at an mc
Re: Is Jay-z Trying To Rekindle His Beef With Nas? by Jubal01: 7:23am On Nov 02, 2012
Hokay
Re: Is Jay-z Trying To Rekindle His Beef With Nas? by Revolva(m): 8:26am On Nov 02, 2012
Takeover a disstrack damm wack jayz was murdered by Nas the whole world knew this

(1) (Reply)

[MUSIC] – Hallelujah By Sarkodie Ft AJ Omo Alajah / 7 Nigerian Beat Producers Who Were Unknown But Made Hits / DOWNLOAD Olamide's Full Album - Lagos Nawa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.